Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Supercharged Vette Pulls ON Modded 04 R1 (190 MPH) VID..  (Read 10281 times)

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Supercharged Vette Pulls ON Modded 04 R1 (190 MPH) VID..
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 05:51:25 PM »
Quote from: JBSBLOWNC5
Quote from: Narcissus

Don't forget the built-in speedo error. Actual was probably just under 170, which isn't bad, mind you. It typically takes more time and room to hit top speed than was shown, no matter what you're riding.  :wink:

I've had a GPS in the car on a different run and the speedo and GPS both read right on 185.

Yes, the C5 Vette's speedo are right on ... only vehicle I've seen from the factory with accurate speedos.  Many guys on the Z06 boards have verified this with GPS vs. heads up display data.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 05:57:22 PM »
Quote from: SloppyJOE
R1's are pozer bikes. put a real rider on a real bike and BYE BYE vette. hell sketch on a gixxer 600 would walk away from that vette in a twisty area like that. hell i could probly walk that guy in the twisties on my 748R. fast car no doubt, but a real rider in those conditions could walk that vette.

Hey sloppy,
  I know I'm fighting a losing battle here, But I've been running the canyons in my area for the last 6 years, and I've dusted and passed manny 600 or 750 minibikes that thought they knew how to ride!!

The busa is the king of bikes, but you have never riden the canyon with me nor this guy on the R1, but I guess everyone has freedom of speech, so I'm just exercising.

I'll put in my 2 cents.  A properly setup hi-pro sports car will most likely out do a bike in tight twisty roads.  About the best a bike can pull in a corner is 1 g (45 deg lean angle) or maybe a hair more.  An insane street car will pull a tighter corner, unless maybe the raod is just rough as hell.  Now if the road was tight corners with long straights between corners it might be able to pull the car on the straights.

The Busa in stock form is too heavy and big for really tight twisties.  The best you could hope for is a modified GSRX1000 or maybe a ZX-10R to go against a car like this in the tight stuff.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 07:09:12 PM »
Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
DID NOT LOOK LIKE 190 TO ME BUT WHO KNOWS

That R1 has done 189 MPH.

:no:  Maybe indicated on the speedo...
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004, 07:21:45 PM »
I think they rate the new R1 at 183mph. So 189 would be possibly with some mods, and a good rider. However, I think it would take him a little longer than what we saw to reach 189...
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004, 07:35:17 PM »
Cool Video thanks for posting..
 :beechug:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline CID

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2004, 07:35:54 PM »
:thumb:

Offline JBSBLOWNC5

• Rider
    • http://www.jbsblownc5.com
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2004, 07:39:02 PM »
Quote from: Blackhawk
I think they rate the new R1 at 183mph. So 189 would be possibly with some mods, and a good rider. However, I think it would take him a little longer than what we saw to reach 189...

He has been to 189, but not in this vid...
98 Supercharged Corvette with Alky injection
Big Brembo brakes
Suspension mods
Built Bottom end
Built Tranny and Diff
etc etc...
637 RWHP 562 RWT

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2004, 07:39:41 PM »
Good vid, thanks.
Racing is racing.
It's all fun.

I gotta doubt that the R1 has ever seen 189 tho.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Boost13r

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2004, 07:43:26 PM »
Bullshit on that one,I have a'03 Z06 and even by the Mags there's NO WAY a slightly modded ZO6 will pull a stock R1 at that speed! The dude on the R1 short shifted big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!?There's alot more people scared of 150+ mph than you think and I'm NOT one of them!!!!! :x

Offline JBSBLOWNC5

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2004, 07:46:33 PM »
I'll put in my 2 cents.  A properly setup hi-pro sports car will most likely out do a bike in tight twisty roads.  About the best a bike can pull in a corner is 1 g (45 deg lean angle) or maybe a hair more.  An insane street car will pull a tighter corner, unless maybe the raod is just rough as hell.  Now if the road was tight corners with long straights between corners it might be able to pull the car on the straights.

The Busa in stock form is too heavy and big for really tight twisties.  The best you could hope for is a modified GSRX1000 or maybe a ZX-10R to go against a car like this in the tight stuff.[/quote]

I have C5R springs, T-1 racing sway bars, QA-1 adjustable shocks and BFG G-force KDs ,a dry weather only hipo street tire.

The car is lowered with an aggressive street/track alignment.

I've pushed a good rider on a gsrx 1000 one of my favorite stretchs.
Big Brembo brakes
Suspension mods
Built Bottom end
Built Tranny and Diff
etc etc...
637 RWHP 562 RWT

Offline JBSBLOWNC5

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2004, 07:52:04 PM »
Quote from: Boost13r
Bullshit on that one,I have a'03 Z06 and even by the Mags there's NO WAY a slightly modded ZO6 will pull a stock R1 at that speed! The dude on the R1 short shifted big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!?There's alot more people scared of 150+ mph than you think and I'm NOT one of them!!!!! :x

Dude your 03 Z06 is around 360 RWHP. I'm at 637 RWHP, there is no comparison between the two...

Check my sig :beechug:
Big Brembo brakes
Suspension mods
Built Bottom end
Built Tranny and Diff
etc etc...
637 RWHP 562 RWT

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2004, 07:53:52 PM »
ya but for the most part vettes suck in the rough
ive had some and had some with work
not very good at all
nor is the bike
i have seen busas just outdo and entire line of sportbikes though death valley
i mean gix 1000 zx10 etc
its riders alot more important than a car in the tight stuff
stock to stock a bike will burder a car on a road coarse
they have done it numberous times in mags

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2004, 07:58:05 PM »
On a semi tight twisty track with small straights a car will ALWAYS have the track record...PERIOD!  !  Can't beat physics!
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Boost13r

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 08:10:24 PM »
The post was out ran a modded R1 at 190mph, you can't run 190 in curves so your saying you pulled a modded R1 at 190? It would take you 2mi. + to reach that speed! And as the cars came by that was nowhere near 190, maybe 160!

Offline TaoBusa

• Post Master
    • Yorihey.com
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2004, 08:15:06 PM »
I still say I can haul more groceries than you!  :twisted:

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2004, 09:28:15 PM »

Dude your 03 Z06 is around 360 RWHP. I'm at 637 RWHP, there is no comparison between the two...

Check my sig :beechug:

:roll:

Offline JBSBLOWNC5

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2004, 09:33:45 PM »
The post was out ran a modded R1 at 190mph, you can't run 190 in curves so your saying you pulled a modded R1 at 190? It would take you 2mi. + to reach that speed! And as the cars came by that was nowhere near 190, maybe 160!

If you really do own a Vette, you're giving me more sh.. then the biker dudes.

here is the post:

I come around the bend in forth at around 90 and wind forth up to 133, then shift to fifth and pull to about 178, and then go into 6th. I looked down and saw 185 MPH shortly before I got out of it, hence my estimate of 190 MPH.

I have a hipo cryoed built Diff with the gears changed to 373.

The pull I'm refering to is on the straight!!!

It is common in the C5/Z06 crowd to say that there is about a 15% drivetrain loss. I dyno an SAE corrected 637 RWHP.

This puts me at 750 HP to your 405. As I increase in RPM not only does my centrifical T Trim Vortech increase in Boost, but I also have a Vararam air intake which is force feeding the SC in an increased manner the faster I go. On top of this I have a Custom Alky injection system setup that uses a controller and a Map senser to deliver straight methanol into the intake under boost. It comes on at 4#s and will spray progressively more meth to eliminate detonation as well as cool the intake charge.

My intake air temps drop about 20 degrees below ambient air temps by the time I hit 11 #s of boost.

Sorry for the rant, but you've obviously never riden in a car that has almost twice your HP :duh:
Big Brembo brakes
Suspension mods
Built Bottom end
Built Tranny and Diff
etc etc...
637 RWHP 562 RWT

Offline JBSBLOWNC5

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2004, 09:35:22 PM »
I still say I can haul more groceries than you!  :twisted:

:thumb:
 :beechug:
Big Brembo brakes
Suspension mods
Built Bottom end
Built Tranny and Diff
etc etc...
637 RWHP 562 RWT

Offline TaoBusa

• Post Master
    • Yorihey.com
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2004, 09:40:51 PM »
Dude, this isn't an R1 board. 90% of us are just jacking with you.  :wink:

If anyone were actually serious, we'd be quoting magazines left and right and making death threats. :lol2::lol2:

Besides, EVERYONE knows that even a boosted Vette can only do 140 tops and that even a bone stock Busa can do over 220. Says so right on the box! :twisted:

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2004, 09:44:06 PM »

Offline JBSBLOWNC5

• Rider
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2004, 09:47:16 PM »
Dude, this isn't an R1 board. 90% of us are just jacking with you.  :wink:

If anyone were actually serious, we'd be quoting magazines left and right and making death threats. :lol2::lol2:

Besides, EVERYONE knows that even a boosted Vette can only do 140 tops and that even a bone stock Busa can do over 220. Says so right on the box! :twisted:

:lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2:
Big Brembo brakes
Suspension mods
Built Bottom end
Built Tranny and Diff
etc etc...
637 RWHP 562 RWT

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2004, 09:48:56 PM »

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2004, 10:51:25 PM »
Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
DID NOT LOOK LIKE 190 TO ME BUT WHO KNOWS

Well, it's your board and you guys sure do defend it!

I'll admit that it was probably only 187, and I just rounded up to 190 to make it sound better. If you look real close,  you can see the speedo cross 180 right before I put my hand back on the wheel from shifting to sixth. I then get back into it for a bit.

That R1 has done 189 MPH.

No disrespect to the Busas, I have a very old Madura 1200 sitting in the garage, and have looked into buying a Busa a few times.

Thanks for the few decent comments,
A Cage

190, maybe indicated? you need gps in the cams feild of veiw while you race, just my opinion though, good rider on the yam? dont think so, not even close...

beat a good rider on a fast literbike in street twisties? nope, heres why...

a bike can pass you at will  almost anywhere and not use up much of the road, a car on the otherhand, must use an entire lane? you gonna slap your 800 hp into oncoming traffic in a blind corner? didnt think so.

are you gonna out accelerate a literbike out of the corner and through the straights? nope... why? cuz you cant hook up! the cars these guys are talking about that will do better lap times are autos that are set up for road racing and that means they have the proper suspension, and I can tell by that vid, YOU DONT! not only that you are not running a "RACE" compound.

autos that have better lap times than bikes use tires that are good for about 100 miles depending on how hard you are pushing them, they also have a ton of cabbage into their suspensions, and "MASTERS" to set up those suspensions.

that vid was a few minutes long, can you push it for a tankfull? 150 miles of twisties? if you tried to keep up with a good rider on a fast literbike, your brembos would be smokin like a peace pipe in a pow wow, and they would eventually fade and your entry would slow to a standstill, any literbike once behind you would pass you as you lunkered along.

you found a big huckleberry bush here, lots of berries to pick, and some of em even have their own cams...

maybe you want to get something going in the twisties? we'll give ya some time to get your suspension right...

make for a good vid I suppose....  :D

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2004, 10:57:30 PM »
You guys just don't get it.

This is a kick-ass car, very fast. We have run against this car before, know the car and the driver. :thumb:

One thing to remember is that a high-hp car will pull a stock or lightly modded bike at anything from 160mph and up.

Was he going 190? Didn't look like it to me, but if he says he was, I believe him.

Was the R1 rider riding to his abilities? Probably. Maybe not to the bike's abilities. Would the outcome be different with a different rider? Probably not. Would the outcome be different with a different driver in the car? Most probable...slower. He knows his car and how to drive it.

Good video!! :beechug:
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2004, 11:17:14 PM »
sure its a fast car, I get it, but that "so called" race was from a roll on, many many canyon roads will slow you down to 20 mph, even the cars. you know a bike will out accelerate the car from the dig or slow roll cuz it has better traction, he flogs it at the apex with his set up and hes in the ditch...

besides that there is still the passing factor? I will pass him in a blinder, will he pass me?

for him to do any good the race will have to be in an area where the speeds will constanlty be in the excess of 180 mph?

what canyon twisties have that?

I will concede to a formula one or cart in the canyons, but a top end vette? NEVER!!!

in any event there is only one way to find out what a fast literbike will do against that car in the twisties.... not that nit on the R-1 either, that dood in the vette pulled one of his plug wires and he didnt even know it  :shock: