Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 600 arm bottle mount  (Read 3205 times)

Offline busa142

• Rider
600 arm bottle mount
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:03:45 PM »
Anyone ever mounted a bottle in front of the rear tire on a 600 arm? I am interested in getting an extended 600 arm for my busa, but I want the bottle in front of the tire. Also what mods will it take to get it there. Its seems there is not alot of room.

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
Re: 600 arm bottle mount
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 09:11:20 PM »
Quote from: busa142
Anyone ever mounted a bottle in front of the rear tire on a 600 arm? I am interested in getting an extended 600 arm for my busa, but I want the bottle in front of the tire. Also what mods will it take to get it there. Its seems there is not alot of room.

well, what is going to determine if it will fit is the length that you extend the arm.
Normally the guys that actually do the extensions will have the bottle brackets and hardware for you to be able to do this.

Offline busa142

• Rider
600 arm bottle mount
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 10:41:38 AM »
I am really wanting to see someone with this setup before I decide to put the bottle there. If all else fail it can always go under the hump. Just thought a chrome bottle would look tight.

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
600 arm bottle mount
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 11:37:25 AM »
As long as you are 5+ over stock the bottle will fit.  I mounted the bottle on the arm on my last bike.  I had bolt on extentions.   I chose to use the bolt on bottle clamp so I could return my bike to stock wheel base.  But welding on will work to so long as you are happy with the extended wheel base.

I just drilled 2 holes, installed 3/8" nutserts and bolted the bracked on the swingarm with a small "L" shapped piece of aluminum to catch the bottle if the clamp became loose.  I rode it on the street this way for a whole summer and never had any problems.

Offline 1320jon

• Rider
600 arm bottle mount
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 11:45:24 AM »
was that a 2 or 2 1/2 lb er?

upright with siphon or valve down with no tube?

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
600 arm bottle mount
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »
Actually I used both a 2 and 2.5lb.  bottle diameter is the same.  Bottle height is different.  both fit fine, Plenty of ground and suspension clearance..

Only a 2lb bottle with fit in the hump itself.

I put the bottle in the hump on my busa.  My 1000 had the bottle on the arm.

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
600 arm bottle mount
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:50:07 AM »
I mounted them upright with siphon tube on the swingarm.  I was worried about some sort of road debris smashing the valve if I put it upside down.

I see most drag bikes mount them upside down with no siphon tube.