Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: NOS update  (Read 7435 times)

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
NOS update
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:54:35 PM »
decided to mount both bottles forward...i think it will work better then the other way..

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
NOS update
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 07:44:33 PM »
What do you plan on doing with those cute little things?   :lmao:

Anonymous

NOS update
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 07:48:58 PM »
theres 2...small shot...should get 3-4 runs out of them..plus I have a 10lb bottle to fill off...

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
NOS update
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 07:49:36 PM »
what he said..lol

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
NOS update
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 06:59:49 PM »
You'd better hope there's no dip tubes in them and that you don't accelerate too hard or lift the front end, otherwise all the liquid will be at the wrong end of the bottle some of the time.

If you don't get what I mean take a coke bottle and drink 1/3 of it, then cable tie it to the nitrous bottle in the same way you have them mounted.
Then accelerate and see what happens to the coke, (you'll need a mate at your side to watch it for you).

If they've got tubes I'd mount them upright (with the valves at the top), if there's no tubes as about but with the valves at the bottom. Front down tubes are a good location just keep the pipes away from hot engine parts.

Regards

Offline hawkwind

• Rider
another option
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »
In Australia we call the tubes " siphon tubes " unfortunatly they all come stock as ridgid  metal or plastic, but I am using a different approach ,some years back I experimented with liquid CO2 ( for fire extinguishment ) CO2 and N2O have some similar prpoerties ( liquidfied gas under pressure and similar cryogenic properties  ,I needed the bottles to lay sideways ( horizontal) but with the siphon tubes also horizontal the best I could achieve was a 50% use of the liquid ( because the siphon tube at that point was out of the liquid so with some lateral thinking the flexable siphon tube was born , I have 2 types ,one requires the bottle to be "indexed " to the location of the valve outlet , the other finds its own level both work well , with my experiments on my nitrous bottles 10deg +ve of the horizontal is about optimum  ,strange that no one has used this before ?  lets see if my other "strange " ideas produce the fastest nitrous bike period come March
Hawkwind
the more I learn the less I know

Anonymous

NOS update
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 11:04:21 AM »
when the bottle is filled its 70% full...I dont think it will all slosh back...off the line mabye but I wont be using it till later on...but I may have to keep them filled more often

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
NOS update
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 11:17:46 AM »
Hawkwind,

All my bottles have indexed tubes to line up with the outlet and we'll do a special index job for unusual applications.
I dropped the self setting idea many years ago as it was too expensive for production use.
You might like to check my site out to see some more of my advanced ideas on nitrous component design.
My company is the ONLY true manufacturer of nitrous systems in the world as everyone else just buys in finished components (like stock solenoids), whereas we invent, design and manufacture most components that make up our systems. ;-)

Regards

Anonymous

no liquid available on wheelies
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 06:32:13 AM »
Quote from: Noswizard
You'd better hope there's no dip tubes in them and that you don't accelerate too hard or lift the front end, otherwise all the liquid will be at the wrong end of the bottle some of the time.

If you don't get what I mean take a coke bottle and drink 1/3 of it, then cable tie it to the nitrous bottle in the same way you have them mounted.
Then accelerate and see what happens to the coke, (you'll need a mate at your side to watch it for you).

If they've got tubes I'd mount them upright (with the valves at the top), if there's no tubes as about but with the valves at the bottom. Front down tubes are a good location just keep the pipes away from hot engine parts.

Regards
ditto :moped:

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
NOS update
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 07:13:22 PM »
This angle works great.

Sucks to the bottom in most any position of the bike.  Of course if your wheelies are on the juice, YOU DA MAN!

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
NOS update
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 08:24:40 PM »
It's a production wing for LSR.  PN-TW-13/LSR  $79.95  Takes 1 week from order to your door.

You can order from Schnitz Racing (but the girls won't know what your talking about).  I haven't posted much about them because each one has to be hand fitted to your particular application once you get it.  It's rigid mounted and over length.  You cut out the area in front of your tire and finsih it yourself.  Works from 3" over to 8" over swingarms.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
NOS update
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 07:48:26 AM »
Guy,

NICE bike!!!  :wink:

Is that size bottle for show?? I assume you use something bigger (or dual bottles) for the big terminal attempts??

Regards

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
NOS update
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »
Guy,

NICE bike!!!  :wink:

Is that size bottle for show?? I assume you use something bigger (or dual bottles) for the big terminal attempts??

Regards

Does this help?  I use 3 bottles.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
NOS update
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 08:32:05 PM »
Much better and makes more sense now.
How much power are you intending to make on the nitrous and how long do you intend to run it for?
What make and style of system are you running?

I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.  :)

Regards

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
NOS update
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 08:35:03 PM »
Does the one under the seat have a special dip tube fitted, as it looks like it might lay at a awkward angle to deliver liquid without one? ;-)

Sorry for more questions by the way.

Regards

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
NOS update
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 09:05:26 PM »
Does the one under the seat have a special dip tube fitted, as it looks like it might lay at a awkward angle to deliver liquid without one? ;-)

Sorry for more questions by the way.

Regards

You have a PM
Official Site Supporter