Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: busa vs gsxr1000  (Read 8821 times)

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:53:34 AM »
took out my busa for a ride today,weather was very good,so i called my buddie to take out his k3 gixxer1000.Both stone stock. :oops: after a few minutes we went to the highway for a little bit of racing(german autobahn,i live 30min from the german border).he has a bit more experience then me,but anyway.we raced from a first gear roll on thru the gears till like 270kmh(about 170mph).tru my first 3gears we were dead,dead even,above 240kmh i startet to pull litle on him.at 270 we had to slow down because traffic.The moral of the story is,ive never tought those literbikes are that fast.. :shock: i guessed i will absolutely destroy him,but between these 2 bikes it comes all down to the rider,absolutely.if the weather is good tomorow we will go again for a ride,but with another buddie with his piece of crap(kawasuckie zx12r,green).man,are these things ugly,especially the mirrors..he has very little experience,so i will absolutely beat the crap out of him.

Offline Black-n-Blusa

• Post Whore
    • SMP
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 12:19:09 PM »
Be careful with that 12 - it's not a giveaway by any means.  Ride like you mean it.  :twisted:

I have to agree on the mirrors though.  I didn't like the seat or the air duct hanging off of it either, so I took my deposit back off of the original 12 I was going to buy, and ended up getting a Busa.  Then I got another one.   8)
Current Stable:
1990 RB Racing Turbo ZX-11
2000 MCXpress Turbo Busa
2006 ZX-14
2009 Husqvarna TE510

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 12:31:32 PM »
my previous ride was a zx12.what a shame.i know theyre very fast/quick.but i like the torque of the busa so much more..

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 12:58:11 PM »
your right though it all comes down to the rider.  hell the way things are a 600 could beat a Busa in the 1/4 if someone didn't know what they were doing.

Offline 00Busa

• Post Master
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 01:04:12 PM »
If that 12 has a pipe on it , LOOK OUT ! :shock:  They don't have the torque that a Busa does, but they're pretty strong on top.
'00 Busa / '06 1K / '12 HD-SG
BE SAFE - HAVE FUN !

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 01:29:33 PM »
i forgot to mention that im 80pounds heavier than my buddy with the k03.the 12 is out of the box stock,but the rider claims that the ramair system will make the difference. :roll: about 600cc bikes..another buddie has an 04 cbr600rr and from second gear i walk him sooo bad everytime,thats not even fair.and hes a very good rider.but at the other side i have to admit that the 600 and the 1000 absolute own me in the twisties,especially the 1000gixxer,hes so much faster when were not going in a straight line,its a shame.what are your experiences with the bunch of 1000s,like r1,zx10,and gsxr?really wonder about the zx10 and r1 performance,never ran into one of them.they claim like 180hp at the crank for the r1...i wonder what the real world performance of them looks..

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 01:35:46 PM »
The thing to watch out for in rollons with your buddy's '12 is gearing. If he's running stock sprockets you shouldn't have too much trouble. But there's a good chance he's down one on the countershaft at least (I think Kawa dealers give them away free to new '12 owners  :P ), and if he's a foaming-at-the-mouth Kawa freak you'll have to actually check it yourself to get the truth.  :yes:

i forgot to mention that im 80pounds heavier than my buddy with the k03

I was wondering about that. Most of us don't have too much difficulty with 1000s either.

Offline PsychoZ

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 01:40:54 PM »
Quote from: nomrlz
Quote from: foresteronw
your right though it all comes down to the rider.  hell the way things are a 600 could beat a Busa in the 1/4 if someone didn't know what they were doing.

HEY!!!  i'm practicing, no need to rub it in  :bigfu:

hey norml are you able to beat your YSR yet on the Busa  :P

j/k  :joker:

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 01:53:27 PM »
the higher your speed gets the less your weight will matter, but down low it will be a big deal.

I would hope to god that you can win a roll with a 600, if not my advice would be next time you go out for a ride don't turn.   I'm talking from a dig and I meant to show that rider is the key when it comes to bikes.

As far as litre bikes go I can't really give a fair comparison, I'm not stock and I've walked all the 04 litres I've raced.  I did lose to a 12R when I was bone stock, but the guy I went against races motorcross and is a really good rider.  When I lost it was from a dig, when we rolled it was even and sometimes I would pull ahead sometimes he would.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 02:13:52 PM »
Don't underestimate the 12R...Sure, the Busa is super fast, but so is the 12R. It will do doubt come down to the rider....

BTW, don't be suprised if you roll out ahead by a little bit in the first few gears...it's after 150mph that you've got to be concerned with....the 12R's make up for lack of torque with horsepower and a super efficient ram air (once the screen is removed from the back of the filters). A zx12 WILL run down a Busa with an equal sized rider in 5th and 6th gear!

Also, if you get spanked really bad, check the front sprocket. The ZX11D 17 tooth front sprocket is practically the first thing most owners buy. If he does indeed have 17/46 gearing, you're ass is TOAST!

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »
@phantom
zx12 sympli lacks torque compared to the busa.ive raced a 12r with full exhaust,shorter gearing and custom map.i have to agree he usualy got me by 1bike lenght the time at the end of 4th gear.im absolutely not impressed bout that.and the 12 is so ugly,really looks like an veeery old bike compared to the busa.sorry phantom,i owned both,the 12 and the busa,and atleast to me it seems like the busa pulls harder.and im not alone with this opinion.im going to beat the shit out of that crappy,showroomstock 12.i dont mean this too serious,man,but we will see the outcome

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 05:26:33 PM »
Like I said, it makes up for torque with hp up top. It probably doesn't feel like it pulls as hard as the busa for 1 reason...they make power at different RPM's in different ways. If you look at dyno sheets you'll see that the Busa makes more power and torque down low (about 5-10rwhp) but up top in the high range, the ZX passes the Busa's power then holds peak till revlimiter unlike the busa which starts to drop off just before redline. The 12R is a revver, the Busa is a puller. When both are in the highrange of their powerband, the 12R does indeed pull harder, but cruising around down and hitting it from 6 or 7k...you're naturally going to get more pull from the Busa.

Here's an example...my dynochart. Check out the red line (N/A)...holds 175rwhp from 10,000rpm to the 11,750rpm revlimiter. Also 150rwhp at just 8,250rpm. So in 1,750rpm..the bike jumps from 150rwhp to 175rwhp! That's where the 12R makes it's power. Keep in mind, my motor is 100% untouched! Just a pipe and remap!

Most Busa's with the same mods make around 168rwhp SAE...but get to 150rwhp at around 7,500rpm. After 10,500rpm..the Busa loses power and falls on it's face dropping down to around 160rwhp while the ZX is still singing it's 175rwhp tune all the way to revlimiter at 11,750rpm.

Both massively powerful bikes...but they make their power in different ways and places. Busa is more of a catapult...ZX is more of a rocket. It's a matter of quick vs fast.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 06:02:03 PM »
yeah,i know that debatte about topend vs lowend.i wanted to turbo the bike first,but i didnt for 2reasons.1st stock power is enough for me and for what i need the bike and 2nd reason is the wanker at my shop wants like 10k dollars for turbo and install.sounds like too much for me.i wonder if the yosh cams are worth the money...I will get my bike to a dyno this week,just wondering..and a few buddies will go to the dyno with their bikes.i will try to post the graphs here..

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »
Balkan, if he's bone stock like you are (gearing and all) and weighs about the same as you do, you'll crush him. Take it as close to the limiter in each gear as you can, just never hit it. And don't let him try to talk you into starting in any given gear (he's liable to fudge and start in a lower gear than agreed to).

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »
Oilheadron- You never cease to amaze me....

Everybody know that stock vs stock they are within a gnat's cock from each other. It's going to come down to the rider 99% of the time in the REAL WORLD. Whoever shifts at the right RPM, shifts faster, or breaks first will win. ZX or Busa. It's a coin toss on any particular run.

If the ZX's were so "crushable"...how come you pussied out when GreenMamba challenged you to a race? Or when I told you I'd meet you halfway in Gainesville? It's only like 5 hours away from you...

What do you say? Practice what you preach brother. =)

Surely you're not scared of my 230lb ass on an itty bitty slow 12r.....right?

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2005, 08:03:04 PM »
Phantom, he's probably going to stomp that poor little '12 into the ground. His bone stock Busa has already run close with a piped, geared, and mapped '12.  :twisted:

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 08:06:35 PM »
If the ZX's were so "crushable"...how come you pussied out when GreenMamba challenged you to a race?

Because, you stupid kid, I've already CRUSHED his bike several times. Read that again, I've already stomped him unmercifully, or did he leave that part out. And now his bike is sprayed and he wants a rematch. THAT'S really going to demonstrate the competitiveness of the two bikes.  :roll:  Get lost.

Also, your bike is sprayed too, and if you think I'd trust you not to spray you're even dumber than you've already come across.

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 08:12:37 PM »
And no, I'm not going to play any games of talking up a race to sell DVDs. I don't know if you're involved or not, but that's what Mamba said he wanted to do.

THEMOTORHEAD

busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 08:18:16 PM »
CHANGING TO ALL SHORT STACKS DOES THE SAME THING I N A BUSA
MAKES PEAK TO REDLINE :roll:
ALSO BOUT 4 HP BUT CRAPPIER POWERCURVE

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2005, 08:23:26 PM »
You mean crappier as in, like a '12's powercurve??  :P

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2005, 08:36:46 PM »
Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
CHANGING TO ALL SHORT STACKS DOES THE SAME THING I N A BUSA
MAKES PEAK TO REDLINE :roll:
ALSO BOUT 4 HP BUT CRAPPIER POWERCURVE

Dennis, have you been able to map out that little dip up top when you run the short stacks? I tried them awhile back and we were not able to get rid of it. I want to say it was around 9200 rpm but dont exactly remember.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2005, 09:57:21 PM »
Ron- The past is the past. So you've "crushed" him before..big deal. He's obviously got his bike running well now if he's challenging you. As for him spraying on you....I'm pretty sure you'd check out the bike and check for bottles before the race. The 12R's fairings are not a maze....you'd be able to spot a hidden bottle in 2 seconds. Besides, if he did spray you...you'd know it!

As for me spraying on you....LMFAO! I'd personally hand you the bottle and strip the fairings off for you before the race. I don't need to spray on you if you're running an UNTOUCHED motor like myself.

I'm not sure how many LB's you are carrying around...but I'm sure I can find someone your size to run on my bike (if you're not close to my weight). What's it going to be Ron? All I hear from you are excuses and chants about the past.

What's the problem? You're not going to back down to a "stupid kid" and his kawasucki are you? I've got 100cc less than you and a "K" bike....what are you worried about?

GAINESVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTORHEAD- I know the short stacks do the same for the Busa...but you're missing out on one little detail.... The stock boots/stacks do not match the TB's and rob the bike of power...not only that..but they are made of rubber and distort under pressure. The bear stacks match the TB's and are made of metal. Yes, they are a slight bit shorter and they do knock off a few ponies down low and in the midrange...but the gains up top are far greater than what's lost down low in the rpms that are not being used in a top speed run. I'm not sure about the gains short stacks give the Busa, but testing at Maxton showed 2 different zx-12r's pick up 4-6mph over the stock stacks.

I do not have these stacks yet (backorder till end of feb)...but I've got a set on the way.

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2005, 10:36:39 PM »
Hey Phantom 12.....Is that you?...What happened to your 12 against my little 1000 on the highway by Moroso? I couldnt even see you in my mirrors :roll:

Just playin man. It sounds like you have your bike dialed in. Now get back to the track and lets race!!!

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 02:27:59 AM »
I would love to race you in Gville Phantom.  Will be back in the US end of April.

I am sure RocketRyder would too.  (he's been 6.18@118 in the 1/8th) and his piped, mapped Busa made over 170rwhp with no other mods.

Rob Clay would race with his 04 R1 that has been 9.78 on a stock wheelbase.

Matt has a 1287 (12R) that runs nice and his g/f has gone 9.79 on her stock wheelbase 12R.

Please let's meet so we can all take our turns having our way with you.... 8)

Offline Thomas Lindemann

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 03:32:20 AM »
Balkanbusa where are you at in Germany?