Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: busa vs gsxr1000  (Read 8823 times)

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 04:05:41 AM »
@thomas
im in zürich,switzerland.its like 30min away from singen,germany.oh,and the weather is veeery nice today.have to call my friend,the race will happen for sure,if he dont pussies out.oh and of course,from a first gear roll on trough the gears.about the same rider weight,going to be a fair race.i think i already know the outcome.. :lol:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 01:59:56 PM »
ok guys,raced the 12r today from an first gear roll all the way up to 180mph and pretty much destroyed him till 5th gear.after 4th gear i didnt pull lot on him,but still pulled alittle.till end of 4th it wasnt a race it was an massacre,pulled like7,8 bikes out and he was never able to gain back.i admire hes not the best driver around,but im also not.i showed him,how fast his bike is. 8) 12s 160rwhp stock?where?we raced like 5or6 times always the same outcome...

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »
Way to go Balkan, I figured you'd pull about 2 bike lengths a gear on him. I think these kids with sprayed, big-bore, whatever '12s kind of get caught up in a rationalization that they're just equalizing the playing field and they kind of "forget" that stock-for-stock they got beat up pretty bad, just like your buddy. Or maybe they press the button "just a little bit" and then rationalize that they really didn't need to spray after all, or whatever.  :roll:

P.S. That super-duper Kawa ramair didn't sling his bike past yours above 150 mph like they claim on the '12 websites?? We're so surprised.  :P  Maybe they aren't calibrated to run so great on Suzuki exhaust fumes?? Or something? :twisted:

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 03:11:47 PM »
Ron- The past is the past. So you've "crushed" him before..big deal. He's obviously got his bike running well now if he's challenging you.

Mamba's bike was running great, the best running stock-motored '12 I've ever seen. Yours won't run any better, if as good. He had it stripped to the bone: no bar end weights, no passenger pegs, no mirrors, no stock turn signals, the horn was apparently taken off because it didn't work, the bike was so bare it looked like he had left it in a bad neighborhood for a week. And it was geared like crazy (another '12-riding friend who was along mentioned that to me, he was cool about getting beat, but Mamba wasn't at all). Guess what the friend doesn't own anymore these days. And guess what brand he IS riding.

I showed up on a geared, piped sport tourer (Throttlemeister and all, I THINK I took off the heavy Genmar riser, but I'm not sure!!) and you know what happened. What usually happens when a good-running Busa meets up with a good-running '12. See Balkan above.

Quartermile? Tossup. Rider.
Street rollons? Dead Kawasaki meat.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 03:51:06 PM »
Blur- My bike wasn't set up for the 1/4 mile at all....and I had no pressure in the bottle. First time at the track too....went again a little bit back and was hitting 10.23@141mph on motor...with a strong headwind...footshifting...230lb's + gear. I'm more of a 9/10th's guy than 1/4 mile...

I would LOVE to race you in the 9/10th's!!!! That's what my bike is tuned and set up for....

You better be able to hit 195+mph in UNDER a mile if you're going to race me in the 9/10th's though....

I've raced a Turbo GSX-R1000 running an ext arm and 8psi making 240rwhp...we run about even up top.

When I raced you .... the bike was simply not what it is now. Maybe we can get together sometime next week and play around on the Beeline? I've got a digi vid cam if you've got a friend who's willing to come along. Should make for a fun day! =) BTW....You do have a fast bike.

Oilheadron- The guy already told you the 12r rider can't ride for shit...Again, it's all rider variable..especially when you're throwing a turd on the 12R. I love the way you guys word things and exaggerate.... "Crushed" and "Destroyed"...lol! Also, there's an old fishing saying... "If they say it was THIS BIG....it was probably only this big".

If the guy beat the 12r by 8 bike lengths...and in testing by professional riders these two bikes were 0.04 seconds apart....you can bet it was ALL rider variable..not the bike. Seriously, you need to get the hell off this ego trip and out of that neo nazi superiority mentality. You sound so arrogant and ignorant at the same time, it makes any normal person sick.

Yes, the Hayabusa is a fast mofo, the 12r is equally as fast. No in stock trim both bikes are not IDENTICAL ... the Hayabusa is an insignificant amount faster...I can't stress the word INSIGNIFICANT enough. 99.9% of the time, IT WILL BE THE RIDER!

You say you've "crushed" every ZX12R you've run into..that's fine and dandy..but that tells me nothing except you haven't run into very many of them and that you've never ran into a rider with equal or greater skill than that of your own. You very well could be an AMAZING rider, I don't doubt that...but don't overglorify your bike by giving it the credit for a ZX kill, it wasn't the bike..it was YOU.

gnd111- Take turns having your ways with me? LMFAO! I'd love to see how well any of you hold up in a 9/10ths race. You all better be hitting 200mph in under a mile if you want to "have your way with me". I'm not a 1/4 mile guy....the bike is not set up for it, nor do I have much time at the strip under my belt..and I've got even less testing and tuning for the 1/4 mile. I've made a total of maybe 8 passes down a strip...Got from 10.88 down to 10.23 without touching the suspension, clutch, or motor. Just a pipe and my 230lb (250 w/ gear) ass. No spray used, stock gearing, street tire, etc...

I do however have quite a few runs down the 9/10th's and have done PLENTY of test and tune....

Last time I went out there...I personally hit the rev limiter in 6th gear (196mph) in the 8/10th's!!! I've got a little more gearing for the nitrous set-up...haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure it will do 198+mph on GPS in decent conditions...all under a mile...WITH MY BIG ASS ON IT!

So if you or anyone else want's to tango in a top speed run...I'm all for it so long as you're not making conciderably more power than me. Just pulling around 215rwhp SAE (dj250) on my bike....less than $2k invested in parts. If none of you guys are running nitrous or any internal mods (cams, pistons, headwork, crankwork, etc) I'll bring along the appropriate N/A gearing that I use so we can see what an unopened 12r does against an unopened busa with similar sized riders.

As for the piped busa making 170+rwhp...that's fine. I could have my bike making 180+rwhp EASILY..but it's tuned for the real world, not for some fancy #'s on a dyno. Also, I've got the PC3R with NO timing changes...Advancing +5 would certainly be worth a few more ponies, but I like to keep it set at stock timing for the spray....so I sacrifice N/A power slightly.

Either way...let me know.

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 03:59:40 PM »
When I raced you .... the bike was simply not what it is now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious! Ever thought about going into show biz?? You get blown off by a 1000 and justify it by saying "the bike was simply not what it is now"???

Seriously, you've got a problem and you need to deal with it (on another board, please??). Pretty please?? Go away??

Read. Reread. Again and again:

I think these kids with sprayed, big-bore, whatever '12s kind of get caught up in a rationalization that they're just equalizing the playing field and they kind of "forget" that stock-for-stock they got beat up pretty bad, just like your buddy.

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2005, 04:32:30 PM »
Quote from: oilheadron
When I raced you .... the bike was simply not what it is now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious! Ever thought about going into show biz?? You get blown off by a 1000 and justify it by saying "the bike was simply not what it is now"???

Seriously, you've got a problem and you need to deal with it (on another board, please??). Pretty please?? Go away??

Read. Reread. Again and again:

I think these kids with sprayed, big-bore, whatever '12s kind of get caught up in a rationalization that they're just equalizing the playing field and they kind of "forget" that stock-for-stock they got beat up pretty bad, just like your buddy.

hey assclownRon...... I own a "stock" motored, piped and geared zx-12. Can i get a race? from what ever gear for whatever distance for whatever amount of money.... you pick the place and time and bring whomever you want to look over my bike(s) to make sure they meet your criteria for "stock".... can we deal?

back to lurk mode until i hear from "assclownron"

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2005, 04:58:04 PM »
So BikeMech I take it someone decided to have you join this forum so that you can make yourself look like a clown and come on here to talk shit right?  I don't give to flying shits what the hell you have or whoever has, but if the only reason you come on here is to talk smack trying to defend someone that can't fight their own battles then get a life.

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2005, 05:09:54 PM »
Yeah, fuck off one-poster. If your bike was stock instead of "stock" as you said, you wouldn't be running your mouth and you know it. Get lost somewhere along with Phantom12 and FK.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 05:29:19 PM »
those 12r riders cannot accept the fact that the 12 is slower then the busa stock vs stock.not even to mention when it comes to modded vs modded.like i said,the 12s performance compared to the busas or even the 1000gsxr doesnt impress me at all.all hype,i think.i know its like bench racing,but the 1000gixxer was clear the harder opponent.i dont even know why the people in the us debatte about the 12r vs busa thing.over here its just plain a FACT that the busa is the king.the busa is easyer to launch,longer wheelbase...at the moment,the busa is still the king in terms of quartermile performance and topspeed.the bike that will beat the busa in those disciplines stock for stock has yet to be born,12r-fellas :smokin:

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 05:35:39 PM »
that 1000 has a dry shot, slammed, piped, tre, yoshi cams, headwork, pc3usb, airfilters, shorter gearing, and probably a few more parts I'm unaware of......oh and the rider weighs about 60lbs less than me!

The bike wasn't what it is now...totally different machine.

I was running stock height and having wheelie problems..I'm 1.25 in lower (muzzy links) now and I've got straps.

I was running a crappy map, It's making 5+rwhp more at peak than it was back then.

I had slight clutch slippage out the hole...I've got 6x Race springs now.

I had clogged up K&N's....I have BMC Race filters now.

I had a leaky airbox...I've sealed every hole now.

I was running the 3 lb rear sprocket....now i'm running the paper light AFAM.

I couldn't heat the bottle to proper PSI because I had no gauge, I've got a gauge now.

I no expert tuner...but I'm sure all this would make a very significant difference in performance. Like I said..it's a different bike now.....and it wasn't even like I lost horribly, we were pretty close the first couple gears....but he indeed did pull on me.... AS HE SHOULD HAVE WITH THE WAY MY BIKE WAS RUNNING AND THE WAY HIS WAS RUNNING AT THAT TIME!

I'll race him for shits and giggles in the near future....all with a totally UNOPENED motor......through the 9/10th's. That's not a problem.

Oh and don't act so shocked about me losing to a 1000.....this isn't your run of the mill GSX-R1000...it's a fully drag race prepped and tuned 190+rwhp with a small skilled rider. I'd put money on Blur against almost ANY 1000cc bike out there. His bike is very fast and powerful plus he's a great rider.

Again...YOU ARE BEING CHALLENGED TO BACK UP YOUR SHIT BY NOT ONLY ME...BUT GREENMAMBA AND NOW BIKEMECH!!!!

But of course...you're going to pussy out AGAIN, because you can always win a race over the internet...all you've got to do is point to the guiness book of records, post up Todd's shrine, and spout off some Maxton/Bonn records......all about OTHER people's bikes, but of course...bench racers never talk about their own bikes or their own accomplishments.

Ron, has your bike ever seen 200+mph on a GPS or 200+rwhp on a dyno with YOUR bike? For someone with just a piped Busa...you're talking a LOT of shit. What did your bike throw down on a DJ250? 168rwhp I believe is what you told me on labusas.org. Shit, I know ZX-10R's making that much power. LOL! :lol:

It's so funny how you keep commenting on how we all need nitrous to even the playing field...that's such bullshit it's not even funny. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had any piped busa even remotely close to me when I spray. 9 out of 10 times...I don't need the spray and don't bother using it against piped Busa's.

And in the event that I needed to spray on you (which is unlikely)...It would still be a win. And a win is a win is a win. When you talk about Busa's with cams and headwork spanking piped 12r's...it's ALL GOOD~! But when you're comparing apples to oranges in the ZX's favor..it's not fair. Love the double standards, Ron. Keep up the bad work.

If you'd like, I'll bring up a full bottle and proper gearing for the 9/10th's. I'll do a Nitrous run before the N/A run...just to show you how hopelessly outclassed you along with ANY piped unopened motor N/A busa is against a Nitrous'd ZX12R.

Then, I'll run you on motor and show you a closer view of my rear. That is of course...if you're brave enough to accept my challenge.

I'm calling YOUR busa SLOW....prove me wrong. Oh, try and keep the motor unopened. I know you Busa guys love to drop in cams and such for that extra top end power to compensate for the 5-10rwhp the 12R's have over them piped vs piped (on average).

Ball is in your court Ron. Put up or STFU.

Offline turbobiker44

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2005, 05:39:20 PM »
Hello boys.
NOW i understand where your huge RWHP origines from,,;-)
175 RWHP on a Busa???
I have been working at Mc-huset in Malmö/Sweden, and i have never seen a stock Busa doing more than 150 rwhp stock on a Dyno-Jet bench, even with exhaust, maybe plus 2-3 hp,,say 155 RWHP,,,,
So your 400 RWHP is actually 342 RWHP??? ha ha ;-)
Or am i missing something? ;-)
Turbobiker44

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2005, 05:48:41 PM »
Get lost kid. Go run a Busa set up like yours is and then talk all this crap.

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2005, 05:51:43 PM »
Yeah, fuck off one-poster. If your bike was stock instead of "stock" as you said, you wouldn't be running your mouth and you know it. Get lost somewhere along with Phantom12 and FK.

exactly what i thought your reply would be......  i just wanna race your stock busa against my stock 12.... you name the place and the time.... I will come to you...so how about it.....?

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2005, 05:53:03 PM »
Nope, been around too long to get set up by a cheater riding a Kwacker. Go find another sucker.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 05:56:22 PM »
Balkan- Are you kidding me? The difference in stock vs stock trim is so insignificant, it doesn't matter on the street in the real world with all the constantly changing variables like..

Rider skill

Bike to bike variances in power

Environmental conditions (Busa's are more effected by crosswinds while 12r's are effected more by headwinds)

Rider size

Rider tuck

Rider weight

Tire condition

Chain tension

...........etc.

You can talk all you want about stock vs stock, but piped vs piped the 12R has been PROVEN to be the faster bike. Do a little research here...

http://solo2.abac.com/avigdor/mags/sport%20rider%20oct01/Page.html

Testing showed that the unopened motor 12R is 2+mph faster than the unopened motor Busa with the same mods!

Sure, the Busa was 2mph faster in stock trim (when unrestricted)...but who races a 100% bone stock bike? Hell, they gained 2+mph by just removing the mirrors on the 12R...nothing was gained by the Busa. So there....in 30 seconds I can equal the playing field for $0.30 (screws).

Seriously, you can NOT compare bikes in your situation...too many variables. Switch bikes and I bet you'll get the same outcome as you did on the Busa. Didn't think to try that did you? You'd rather take the wins and credit it to the bike alone and prance around thinking you're riding the god of all sportbikes. That's a pretty delusional thing to do.

Here's a little example of how this helped me realize I wasn't as good of a rider as the guy I was racing. We raced on our own bikes...his 235rwhp Turbo GSX-R1000...my 215rwhp Nitrous ZX-12R. He jumped out a few bikes ahead of me in 1st gear, I went into 2nd and hit the juice...from 2nd-5th gear...I held him at 4-5 bike lengths and at around 175mph...I actually began slowly reeling him in...VERY SLOWLY. We swapped bikes....he killed me! Now what if it was me on the Turbo GSX-R1000 and him on the Nitrous ZX12R and we didn't swap bikes...would it be ok to say that a ZX-12R with a little 40shot can "Crush" and "Destroy" all Turbo GSX-R1000's?

Take off the Busa goggles and look at what happened from all angles, not the angle that makes you look best.

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2005, 05:57:37 PM »
Quote from: foresteronw
So BikeMech I take it someone decided to have you join this forum so that you can make yourself look like a clown and come on here to talk shit right?  I don't give to flying shits what the hell you have or whoever has, but if the only reason you come on here is to talk smack trying to defend someone that can't fight their own battles then get a life.

talk shit? All i did was challenged "assclownron" to a race.... what's so bad about that?  if it's the low post total that offends you, i apologize, i will try to do better...

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »
what's so bad about that?

Nothing wrong with that alone. What's wrong is that you've almost certainly got a built or sprayed bike and you're trying to pass it off as truly stock. That's cheating. And that's what you'd have to be doing to beat me. So forget it.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2005, 06:07:10 PM »
RON- I've raced PLENTY of busa's set up just like mine!!! Do you recall my post on the "World's fastest 10 bikes" thread? You know...the one where I recalled about 10 or so Busa encounters....?

I've only lost to 1 piped Busa...and I've got reason to suspect it wasn't an unopened motor because I've raced him before and we ran dead even in the 9/10th's with me pulling down the back end. I'm guessing he threw in some cams but isn't fessing up to it. His tuner is a sneeky mofo that is infamous for tweeking bikes and claiming they are "stock". Cool guys, both of them....but just a little sneeky. But hey, what racer isn't? =)

Why do you keep running away from all us 12R guys willing and eager to race you? By the way you talk up your Busa....you'd think that you'd invite the opportunity to prove ur not full of shit. You talk all this shit about how 12R's are shitty and slow and #2...yet you are the last person in line to back up YOUR claims.

Telling me to go race equally modified Busa's to try and squeeze out of having to race me is pretty fucking lame and damn right embarrassing to the Busa camp. If you believed even 1/3 the shit you say, You'd be booking your hotel room in Gainesville tomorrow!

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2005, 06:11:25 PM »
Congratulations Phantom, I give up. You win. You do have the fastest motorcycle on the planet, and my tired old bike is no contest for it. I admit it.  :yes:  :P

Why do you keep running away from all us 12R guys willing and eager to race you?

Because I am NOT sneaky, don't cheat, and you guys do. And the fact that I've blown away so many of the guys with '12s that I trusted that there's no point in it any more. I'm retired! You guys lost the big race. Get over it.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2005, 06:17:24 PM »
Ron- If he's got work done or spray...you'll know it right away when you race him. Piped vs Piped with similar sized and skilled riders will make for a VERY close 1 mile race....if he pulls away hard from the get-go...you know something's up and THEN you can call bullshit on his "stock" claim.

Hell, if you're THAT paranoid...throw both bikes on the dyno! If he's got motorwork done....you'll see it on the dyno for sure.

A 1270 motor's powerband is noticebly different than a stocker....

you don't need to worry about cams because the stock cams are about as high lift as you'd ever want to go without a 1270 and headwork.

Any sort of major headwork is harmful to a stock bore motor...a light clean up might help give it a couple mph...but not worth the time or money it takes to drop the motor, disassemble the head, and port the head.

Higher compression would show on the dyno as well....

If you see 175-180rwhp...you know it's an unopened motor...if you see 185-190rwhp...it's been worked. Stop being a pussy and dishing out excuses........ you have none that are valid.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2005, 06:21:06 PM »
phantom,weve switched the bikes,dude.same outcome,no BS,sorry.im not kiding you.of course,its a riders thing,and i didnt say the 12 is slow or somethimg,but its still number 2.beeing secondfastest aint too bad,man :wink: oh,and sadly but true,the busa even looks like an artwork compared to the 85or so look of the 12.i dont want to piss of the 12r g(a)uys,im just DEAD serious.man,where do you guys do your (wannabee??)200mph runs?on the streets,or what?PS:200mph with a juiced busa or 12r aint to impressive..man,get rid of that 12,buy yourself a busa,slap a turbo on it,and then i want to hear your opinion bout 12s again..maybe this will change your mind :lol:

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2005, 06:22:10 PM »
I'll put my bike on the dyno up in G-Ville for you if you'd like.....

To prove I'm not cheating....

I'll let you fully inspect my bike for a bottle.....

How could I cheat?

Face it...you don't even buy your own bullshit. If you did, you'd welcome this opportunity.

So you've beaten some half ass 12r's with half ass riders...big whoop. Explain how I've beaten 80% of the Busa's I've raced down here.....

It's all the rider with similar mods...not the bike.

Oh, and what "BIG RACE" did we lose? Please don't make me laugh and say, "Sportrider Mag's Grude Match".

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2005, 06:24:41 PM »
If you see 175-180rwhp

And you believe that's enough??!! You better ask Mamba about that!!

Seriously, Mamba's spent a lot of time at the track over the years, and he's known to have one of the better running stock-motored '12s around from what I hear. Ask him what he KNOWS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE will PROBABLY happen to a typical well-tweaked '12, say 178 hp, against my bike in a rollon.

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2005, 06:40:15 PM »
Nope, been around too long to get set up by a cheater riding a Kwacker. Go find another sucker.

ummmm just working on my post count....