Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: busa vs gsxr1000  (Read 8822 times)

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2005, 06:51:03 PM »
Quote from: BikeMech
Quote from: foresteronw
So BikeMech I take it someone decided to have you join this forum so that you can make yourself look like a clown and come on here to talk shit right?  I don't give to flying shits what the hell you have or whoever has, but if the only reason you come on here is to talk smack trying to defend someone that can't fight their own battles then get a life.

talk shit? All i did was challenged "assclownron" to a race.... what's so bad about that?  if it's the low post total that offends you, i apologize, i will try to do better...

It's not your low post count that bothers me, it's the fact that you obviously joined this site just because someone else told you about a thread he read and the only reason you came here was to try and defend you friend.  Now if you were here for any other reason that that I wouldn't give two shits.   This 12R vs Busa thing has been going on for a while and it's never going to stop so to me it's pointless to argue it.

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »
Quote from: Phantom12
that 1000 has a dry shot, slammed, piped, tre, yoshi cams, headwork, pc3usb, airfilters, shorter gearing, and probably a few more parts I'm unaware of......oh and the rider weighs about 60lbs less than me!

The bike wasn't what it is now...totally different machine.

I was running stock height and having wheelie problems..I'm 1.25 in lower (muzzy links) now and I've got straps.

I was running a crappy map, It's making 5+rwhp more at peak than it was back then.

I had slight clutch slippage out the hole...I've got 6x Race springs now.

I had clogged up K&N's....I have BMC Race filters now.

I had a leaky airbox...I've sealed every hole now.

I was running the 3 lb rear sprocket....now i'm running the paper light AFAM.

I couldn't heat the bottle to proper PSI because I had no gauge, I've got a gauge now.

I no expert tuner...but I'm sure all this would make a very significant difference in performance. Like I said..it's a different bike now.....and it wasn't even like I lost horribly, we were pretty close the first couple gears....but he indeed did pull on me.... AS HE SHOULD HAVE WITH THE WAY MY BIKE WAS RUNNING AND THE WAY HIS WAS RUNNING AT THAT TIME!

I'll race him for shits and giggles in the near future....all with a totally UNOPENED motor......through the 9/10th's. That's not a problem.

Oh and don't act so shocked about me losing to a 1000.....this isn't your run of the mill GSX-R1000...it's a fully drag race prepped and tuned 190+rwhp with a small skilled rider. I'd put money on Blur against almost ANY 1000cc bike out there. His bike is very fast and powerful plus he's a great rider.

Again...YOU ARE BEING CHALLENGED TO BACK UP YOUR SHIT BY NOT ONLY ME...BUT GREENMAMBA AND NOW BIKEMECH!!!!

But of course...you're going to pussy out AGAIN, because you can always win a race over the internet...all you've got to do is point to the guiness book of records, post up Todd's shrine, and spout off some Maxton/Bonn records......all about OTHER people's bikes, but of course...bench racers never talk about their own bikes or their own accomplishments.

Ron, has your bike ever seen 200+mph on a GPS or 200+rwhp on a dyno with YOUR bike? For someone with just a piped Busa...you're talking a LOT of shit. What did your bike throw down on a DJ250? 168rwhp I believe is what you told me on labusas.org. Shit, I know ZX-10R's making that much power. LOL! :lol:

It's so funny how you keep commenting on how we all need nitrous to even the playing field...that's such bullshit it's not even funny. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had any piped busa even remotely close to me when I spray. 9 out of 10 times...I don't need the spray and don't bother using it against piped Busa's.

And in the event that I needed to spray on you (which is unlikely)...It would still be a win. And a win is a win is a win. When you talk about Busa's with cams and headwork spanking piped 12r's...it's ALL GOOD~! But when you're comparing apples to oranges in the ZX's favor..it's not fair. Love the double standards, Ron. Keep up the bad work.

If you'd like, I'll bring up a full bottle and proper gearing for the 9/10th's. I'll do a Nitrous run before the N/A run...just to show you how hopelessly outclassed you along with ANY piped unopened motor N/A busa is against a Nitrous'd ZX12R.

Then, I'll run you on motor and show you a closer view of my rear. That is of course...if you're brave enough to accept my challenge.

I'm calling YOUR busa SLOW....prove me wrong. Oh, try and keep the motor unopened. I know you Busa guys love to drop in cams and such for that extra top end power to compensate for the 5-10rwhp the 12R's have over them piped vs piped (on average).

Ball is in your court Ron. Put up or STFU.

Have you been spying on me??? You know more about my bike then me!
Have you been talking to my tuner? Did I tell you that stuff? I meant to say it was stock. The valve covers have never even been off my tired old little 998cc. I swear!!!

I CONCEDE THE 9/10s for now. In the future I may change my set-up and come down and see what I can do. It sounds like you guys are having fun down there. I know my bike wont reach the mph that you  are but maybe I can get there quicker. You are starting from a dead stop right?

I would love to get together and do some racing again. I have a friend that will come and can do the video if he can keep up with us
 :D

And thanks for the compliment but there are alot of people out there that are better then me. I still consider myself a begginer 8)

Check your PMs I will send you my number.

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2005, 08:31:51 PM »
Quote from: BikeMech
So BikeMech I take it someone decided to have you join this forum so that you can make yourself look like a clown and come on here to talk shit right?  I don't give to flying shits what the hell you have or whoever has, but if the only reason you come on here is to talk smack trying to defend someone that can't fight their own battles then get a life.

talk shit? All i did was challenged "assclownron" to a race.... what's so bad about that?  if it's the low post total that offends you, i apologize, i will try to do better...

It's not your low post count that bothers me, it's the fact that you obviously joined this site just because someone else told you about a thread he read and the only reason you came here was to try and defend you friend.  Now if you were here for any other reason that that I wouldn't give two shits.   This 12R vs Busa thing has been going on for a while and it's never going to stop so to me it's pointless to argue it.

Are you a LEO?
I'm not trying to argue....... I'm trying to race
I don't know anyone on this site....
" this 12 busa thing has been going on for a while".....duh---ya think?

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2005, 08:57:50 PM »
Stock? Wasn't it you who told me about the yosh cams and whatnot? I think we pretty much went over your mods at Moroso. Besides, I run in the same circles as you do. If you've got work done by TKP,Blais, RPM, or Velocity (the top 4 tuners here in So.Flo)....I can find out what work was done. The guys are RPM are good tuners, they got your bike running very well. However, I know a guy who can tune your bike even more and gain more power from your current map. If you're at all serious about going faster and you're just about maxed out with mods, there's a guy who uses an LM1 realtime a/f sensor box that logs the a/f ratio for like 45 min in REAL WORLD conditions. He then plays with the numbers on the lap top and tweeks your map. People who have him map their bikes are gaining 3-4mph top speed over their dyno made maps.

Anyway, we'll def. have to go riding next week. I want my rematch =)
You may say that you're a beginner...but you practically live at the drag strip...so if you're a beginner...I'm not even in the game yet.

Ron- Was your gearing both the same or did you run different sprockets? Who got the jump? What speed did you start at? All these things make a huge difference...especially rolling speed.

Again, these bikes make their power in different places...Starting at a speed where the 12R is placed at a low rpm isn't exactly even. Also, the Busa does have a stronger 1st-3rd gear...it's 4th-6th that the 12R makes up ground and trucks hard.

Also, rider variable makes most of the difference. Did you bother switching bikes and seeing if the results change? No, you didn't. Just like with Balkan...you'd rather believe it was the "superior bike" than the "superior rider" that won the race. For every bad ass on a Busa..there's an equally bad ass guy on a ZX...believe me. Seeing as how there are far fewer 12's on the road...the odds of you meeting up with that individual are slim...especially being that you live in a low population state like Alabama. Hell, you've probably got a total of 10 zx12r's in the entire state. Come down to South Florida, There are 10 ZX12R's within a 30 mile radius regardless of where you are....(in conjunction with 28 posers on Busas and 2 Busa's that actually are fast).

Hell, I can introduce you to quite a few 200-300rwhp ZX-12R's and several 175-180rwhp 12R's that would absolutely LOVE to make you another notch on their belts. You may think you're King out there in no competition land....but down here...you ain't going to run around picking on 12R's... If you're a drag racing man....I know of a guy on a 12r with a stock pipe and unopened motor, STOCK ARM! running 9.3's!! Now how embarrassing would that be? There's a guy up in Lakeland running 9.1's on an unopened motor..

Ron, I hate to break it to you...but your bike isn't 1/2 has fast as you think it is....Have you even made a GPS run on your bike to see what the bike will actually pull? Before you go spouting off at the mouth, do a legit GPS run and see where you stand before you try stepping on others.

see if you can beat my bike's personal N/A GPS run of 199mph....Oh, and that was done with a leaky unsealed airbox, dry chain, clogged K&N filters, stock height, clutch slip, temp in the high 70's F !!!!!!

And my bike NOW is free of all those problems and running MUCH faster than it was at the time of this run. 200mph N/A is going to be easy to pop once I get a free afternoon to go do the run. Hit a genuine 200mph on GPS with an Unopened motor and THEN you can say you've got a fast bike. Until then, STFU.

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2005, 09:58:30 PM »
Phantom,
I was being sarcastic in my last post about my mods :D I told you everything at the track that night and no there are no other tricks.

I look forward to riding together. :moped:  :kickass:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2005, 02:21:43 AM »
"gnd111- Take turns having your ways with me? LMFAO! I'd love to see how well any of you hold up in a 9/10ths race. You all better be hitting 200mph in under a mile if you want to "have your way with me". I'm not a 1/4 mile guy....the bike is not set up for it, nor do I have much time at the strip under my belt..and I've got even less testing and tuning for the 1/4 mile. I've made a total of maybe 8 passes down a strip...Got from 10.88 down to 10.23 without touching the suspension, clutch, or motor. Just a pipe and my 230lb (250 w/ gear) ass. No spray used, stock gearing, street tire, etc..."

Not taking turns.  Just sick of the talk.  Even your fellow ZX12R owners at labusas.org have decided you were a pain in the ass many times.  My race is the 1/4 - i am not stock as you are not stock either.  You game or not?  We can do a roll on afterword as well.  You can use your NOS at the 1/4 but in the roll ons we go heads up.  Deal?  We make identical HP numbers and close to the same TQ.

Deal?

Why stay stock and slow anyways, it's a waste of time.  Thats all for now - see you in early may..... :oops:

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2005, 07:20:01 AM »
gnd111- you gotta deal.

As for the 1/4 mile race...that's 90% rider 10% bike...it proves NOTHING. An all gear run down the 9/10th's shows what the bike is capable of since it's 10% rider 90% bike after 1st gear.

I'll tell you right now...I'm not going to hit 9.6's at the strip. The bike is more than capable...but I'm not. Don't have much experience at the strip...only been down the track 8 or so times total on this bike...maybe 4 times with the bike set up the way it is now.... 10.2's is what I've been hitting consistantly w/o the spray, stock gearing, stock arm, into a headwind. I did 2 runs on spray and both times I either pulled a monster wheelie in 2nd gear...or missed the 2-3 shift. My best nitrous run out of the two was 10.28@145+mph... Trap speed showed about 5mph gain even though I missed 3rd gear...I'm guessing with a good launch and clean shifts...9.8's @149 is possible with my big arse in the saddle. I haven't gone back to the track after my clutch, airbox, gearing mods...Maybe I'll be able to hit 10.09 N/A on a good run...My goal is 9.99 N/A...but that's going to take a little more experience than 8 total runs.

What mods are done to your bike? Can you post a dyno sheet or something? I've been very honest with my bike and what I've done....I expect the same curtesy.

My guess is that you'll spank me from a dead stop, I'm not much of a 1/4 mile man....but I'm in love with the 9/10th's and the bike is precision tuned for such a race....N/A and Nitrous setups.

I'll be more than willing to have you wipe the floor with me in the 1/4....just so long as you are willing to go the distance from 1st-6th. Win, lose, or draw...first round of beer is on me afterwards. =)

Just a little fair warning....make sure you've got at least 190mph worth of gearing....you don't wanna be banging off the revlimiter in 6th gear and still have 3/10ths of a mile to go. (not kosher for the motor ya know). As you know...this will hurt your 1/4 time.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2005, 07:26:13 AM »
gnd111- I agree with your "why keep it slow and stock" statement 100%!!!

I can't stand people who keep their bikes bone stock or people who feel the only real comparison of bikes should be in stock vs stock trim. Nobody who races uses a stock bike...so such a comparison is useless and irrelivant in the real world where you're 10x more likely to be racing a modifed version rather than a showroom stocker.

Either way, this should be fun. Drag racer vs Land Speed racer in both events...using the same setup for both.

Offline swissgaybiker

• New User!
hello my sweetheart
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2005, 04:47:33 PM »
i like you.... :lol:  :lol:

i hope you remember me after the race we has enough nice time in bed  :shock:  :shock: i hope youre ass is ok now....

Offline SUTPHEN77

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2005, 04:49:38 PM »
OMFG :roll:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2005, 04:53:20 PM »
this horsefucker named swissgaybiker is a friend of me.registered to post some bullshit here.he is calling himself swissvette in www.corvetteforum.com.search in c5 forced induction/nitrous for him.his vette is only fast enough to catch some sheep,like himself.and man,this dudes english sucks baaad :wink:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2005, 04:58:18 PM »
sorry guys,link doesnt work
right link:
www.corvetteforum.com

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2005, 05:48:27 PM »
oh and i almost forgot to mention.he hasnt got just him supercharged c5vette,hes got a nice dog(great dane)wich is his best friend by some means,they often practice the FELLATIO.i allways ask him to race(we all know the outcome :twisted: ,but everytime he pussies out,says,he has to go for a walk with his dog and stuff.....hhhhm :shock:
but im optimistic the day will come when we race,the day when i blow his doors of his 500rwhp13sec car(awesome driver). :twisted:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2005, 01:29:53 AM »
Phantom - sounds good and fair to me.   I will be de-gearing (currently 17/43 (good for 188) but will be 16/40 (192ish) when i get back) a bit since i have gotten better from a dig and don't need it to make up for my poor clutch skills.

My last dyno was 178/102 (but dyno is about 4hp high i believe) with dual intake cams / pipe/ BMC.

I now have a PC3USB that will be mapped (it is way too rich and slowed me down after install) before we meet.

Since you state you can go 196 with your stock gearing then we will go to whatever my top speed is.  About the same HP but you weight about 50lbs more in full gear than me (i'm 200lbs dressed out).

We can try a Saturday afternoon thing and i'll bet a few 12R's and Busa's will join....

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2005, 11:29:50 AM »
Cams eh? That explains the 178rwhp (even if it is a little high as you say). Well, that sorta negates the "unopened motor" duel. Closest I've ever been to going into the motor was when I changed my plugs. lol! I've done a few tweeks here and there without going into the motor since my 175rwhp dyno run....I'm planning on taking it back to the DJ250 this tuesday for a current reading. Maybe I'll tinker with the timing (yes, i've got the pc3r) and see what the bike will pull as oppose to the stock timing I'm running now (for the 40 shot). Most people get 3-5rwhp from timing advancement....I guess we'll see? I'm shooting for 180rwhp total before I install the short stacks which should give me another 2-4rwhp up top. Still 100% untouched motor on a DJ250 and SAE corrections.

Also, running a little rich might not be a bad thing in a 9/10th's run... From what I understand, the Busa's ECU does not compensate for ram air...that little extra fuel might just give you more power in the REAL WORLD as opposed to the dyno. I know my map is a little rich and not optimal for making best dyno numbers...but it helps up top. The ZX12R ECU also compensates for ram air so I never have to worry about leaning out up top and losing power. If you want, map it for peak power on the dyno then we'll run the bike on my GPS...then we'll add a couple bars on the high range and watch you pull more MPH. Although for 1/4 mile runs where you encounter little ram air effect (the busa doesn't start building pressure till 140mph)...a map tuned for ambient conditions on a dyno would probably be best.

I've got a couple friends with 12R's that would love to tag along, we could have a good time if got video on it all. One stipulation though......Fastest bike of the day chooses which side buys the beer!

Hope to hear from you soon brother!

Cheers,

Mike

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2005, 03:20:06 PM »
A properly tuned Busa with full pipes, remapped pc3, bmc filters, and larger cams will def be able to be on par if not beat a 12r w/stock cams. The 12R's come with pretty big cams from the factory..going any larger without a piston kit and headwork would hurt overall performance...much like with the Busa's gearing being about perfect in stock trim once you've got a pipe, remap , filter....it puts you smack in the meat of the powerband when it hits the wall....the 12R's need -1 in the rear, although I've achieved best results with -2 in the rear...only problem was that it took over a mile (not enough drive through the gears).

If I was a betting man....I'd put my money on the Busa w/cams over the stock motor ZX... Reason being that the Busa will be able to match if not exceed the peak power of the 12R AND create more power in the midrange for more drive. The Busa usually pulls ahead in the first couple gears via stronger midrange..but it gets run down by the 12R in 4th,5th, and 6th via the 12R's monster highrange power that holds peak till the limiter. Take away the 12R's highrange advantage by throwing cams in the Busa...and the 12R is in trouble.

Again, it's apples to oranges at this point....I'm sure if you drop 2.5mm Muzzy pistons in the ZX...the playing field will even out. It's all a matter of what part of the motor is in a low state of tune.

The Busa has small cams, valves, and low compression...

The Ninja has substantially smaller displacement (bigger pistons..shorter stroke)

Throw some 12.5 JE stock bore pistons, valve job, yosh cams, and some headwork and you've got a 190rwhp Busa

Throw a Muzzy stroker crank (ups displacement to 1299cc) and some headwork and you've got a 190rwhp Ninja

It's not a matter of what you ride once you go into the motor... or even what you've done...it's a matter of how you've tuned it.

I've got no doubt that gnd111 will hang me up to dry. He's 50lb's less weight and has closed the HP gap with the cams. Just so long as he has proper gearing...he's a shoe in. If anything, I'll have one of my jockey sized friends hop on my bike to even the odds and we'll see what happens.

I usually prefer to race my own races...but when I'm 50 lbs heavier and using an unopened motor against his modified motor, I've got to bite my tounge and allow a jockey sized rider to level the playing field....somewhat.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2005, 01:45:54 AM »
P12 -- my cams are stock - i just have 2 intake cams and no exhaust cam... :lol:

Regardless - RocketRyder made over 170 (not gonna give you a accurate number) with a Hindle/PC3/Filter combo so Busa's will go over that magical number with a good dyno tune.

And as far a jockey is concerned - i raced a 125lb female (65lbs less than me) one a 170rwhp 12R with my setup and her front fender was just in front of mine from 60-160.  So i have no worries at all about a 190lb person on a 170xrehp bike with a roll on - i know i can beat them.

Like i said - Matt, Turboblew, NaZtYbUsA, Jason, GeorgeC, RocketRyder will probably all be available for some fun that day if we can get it all setup.  We don't have any 9/10ths places (that i know of) near G-ville but we can certainly do 60-180 roll ons on highway 301... :twisted:

You can use your NOS at the 1/4 or the roll ons stuff if you want.  It's all in good fun to me.  You may get me after 192 but until then you'll be staring at the back of a Beautiful Black Busa..... :oops:

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2005, 07:00:25 AM »
the higher your speed gets the less your weight will matter, but down low it will be a big deal.

Not true...the top speed will be unaffected (granted you can tuck as well as a smaller rider.) but getting there will take longer with more weight period.

when I had a 1k I couldn't get the punks on busa' to run with me. I can tell you I would of schooled them. It's mostly rider when it comes to stock bikes 1000 and up. The 1000 feels so different when riding because it doesn't have the grunt of the busa down low but it pulls nice through the mid-range/topend
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »
gnd111- Not to take away from your win over that 12r...but dude, you were racing a Girl! lol. i don't know who this girl is or how she rides, but I have yet to see a girl who can drag race well.

As for dyno numbers...you've got to specify what type of dyno....what type of corrections....what type of ambient conditions. Otherwise, there's no way to compare numbers. I could use STD corrections on my 175rwhp and it would be 179rwhp...then I could lower the temp in the dyno room to like 50*F and it would make low 180's...do all this on a superflow dyno and it's easily 186+rwhp. The 175rwhp run was a lowball number done in 78*F temp using SAE cf on a DJ250....using an untuned bike. I've always been the one to sandbag...better to be able to exceed than not meet expectations.

As for the performance of my bike right now....it's geared to hit the limiter at 192mph...much like yours. Only it gets there FAST! 5th and 6th gear pull like a demon with the ram air.

You guys should find a straight road and measure out the 9/10ths and tune your bikes accordingly...I don't want to have an unfair advantage being that I run the 9/10th's all the time. I wouldn't be able to savor a victory if you bring anything less than a fully tuned 9/10th's bike. I'd rather get my ass kicked by a fully prepped bike than spank someone with no 9/10th's experience on a less than prepped bike. This may be a Busa vs ZX thing for you guys...but it's about fun for me. Win or lose, we are ALL getting wasted that night.

im still going to spank you all in the 9/10th's

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2005, 12:14:41 AM »
You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.  This "girl" recently went 9.79 on her "stock wheelbas" ZX12R and has been riding for several years.  Her b/f Matt has a 1287 "12R" that has gone 9.47 and he'll be fast (as she will) with more 1/4 mile time.

I'm not gonna measure anything.  I'm not gonna change anything.  RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG.  If i can only go 186 or 192 and i beat you to that point - you lose - simple as that.

:wink:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2005, 12:27:09 AM »
the dyno is a DJ250 and is set up SAE for ALL bikes i have discussed...

PS - bring your demon and i'll show you the devil.... :twisted:

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2005, 03:16:20 PM »
lol! Fun stuff brother!

Wow, a girl running in the 9's? SWEET! I retract my previous statement.

As for keeping the lower gearing and running till YOUR revlimiter and having that be the finishline.....that's just plain stupid.

So you're saying I can go -1 / +3 and only be able to do 168mph...but since I'll get there way quicker than you....I win? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that what you call a race? Dude, tell me you're joking.....please.

If you feel the only way you can beat me is in a 1/4 mile from a standing start...that's fine. I'll save you the time....YOU WIN. I'm not currently able to run mid 9's in the 1/4....never really put much effort into it.

I chose the 9/10th's because it displays the performance of the bike much more than the rider...quite the opposite of a 1/4 mile race. If you don't feel you can beat my 12R up top....that's fine, just admit it and move on. If you do feel you can beat up on my 12R.....bring your bike in a 9/10th's set-up so that you're not hitting the revlimiter in the 7/10th's.

Hell, if you wanna do a flat out 2 mile run to see which bike is ultimately the faster machine....we can do that too. I'm confident my 12R will be in the 197-198mph range without the spray...with MY BIG ASS ON IT!

Just do me a favor and have the bike set up to run the full 9/10th's without having to shut down well before the finishline. Bringing anything less than this would only be wasting my time.

So your bike is the Devil? Heck, didn't you read the bible....you lose in the end.

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2005, 06:01:17 PM »
Sounds like niether of you want to race each others race which is smart if you ask me. Sounds like you need to meet in the middle and race the 1/2 mile and give the 12 the hit from a dead stop.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2005, 07:39:21 PM »
I disagree...I very much want to race his race. I love to race...win or lose.

I just don't think it's very fair that we race ONLY his race and not mine. He seems to only want to run the race HE feels comfortable with...

I don't care if I lose in the 1/4 mile...I've got a stock arm and very little strip experience. My bike is in no way shape or form in 1/4 mile race trim...if I was at 60' with an M/T on the rear and about 50lbs' lighter....I'd be more interested in the 1/4 mile...

We already know he can go quicker on his bike...all that tells me is that he's a better drag racer with a better prepped bike for that type of race. I know HE can beat me....what I want to know is if HIS BIKE can beat mine. The only way to see that is over a distance run where rider influence is minimal and the performance of the bike is shown, not the performance of the rider in comparison to the other.

By him saying he wants to race me up to a gear limited speed instead of a power limited speed or a distance limited speed...he's basically saying, "I'm going to gear my bike to out accelerate yours...then let off at 180mph because I know my bike can't pull the same MPH as yours over a long distance."

Don't worry gnd111, this isn't for a million dollars....it's not for some title...it's not for some magazine article....IT'S FOR FUN!!! and bragging rights

I'm bringing

17/45 gearing for the 1/4 mile and N/A 9/10th runs
18/45 gearing for Nitrous 9/10ths runs and N/A Top Speed runs

Laptop for ignition/fuel map changes

and last but not least....my lucky Kawasaki Racing Cap.

I'll be taking this seriously...but only if you plan on doing the same. I don't want to show up and see that you're only planning on doing the 1/4 mile and little bullshit roll-ons till you bang off the revlimiter at a weak ass 180mph.

BLUR- When are you available for a little rematch this week? Loser buys lunch! =)

Offline gotbus99

• Rider
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2005, 11:31:37 PM »
Quote from: Phantom12

I can't stand people who keep their bikes bone stock or people who feel the only real comparison of bikes should be in stock vs stock trim.

then you're the one with the problem.  last time i checked, it's a free country.

although i don't have any problems w/ people that modded their bikes because it's their money and choice, i keep mine stock because it already has more than enough for the public settings.  therefore, i don't feel like wasting my hard earned money on something i will never use.