Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: busa vs gsxr1000  (Read 8820 times)

Offline TufBusa

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2005, 12:14:55 AM »
How fast can you "AFFORD" to go?

He who spends the most money, wins the race!
One Wheel Maniac

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2005, 12:23:06 AM »
Thats why I said meet in the middle. He wants the 1/4 you want the 9/10.
Your asking him to run your race which he has no experience at from what I have read. If it was me I would have to go through alot of testing to get my bike set up for the 9/10 which I know I am not willing to do now. Like I said before I will later. So Dont expect him to just say okay I will run your race with no experience. It wouldnt be too smart. One thing you have to remember is that the only place I have ever seen this 9/10 race is in S. Florida. Most people do 1/4 mile or roll ons through the gears as far as street racing goes. I am not trying to choose sides I just want to see this race happen and what I am saying is that you have to give a little just like you are asking him to.

I should have my bike back later this week and we can see how you do against the Busa's little brother. :D I feel bad beating you so bad last time that I have to give you a rematch....just kidding sorry sorry I couldnt help myself. So same race as last time? 2nd gear roll on? I will have a burger and frys please :D All in good fun. I will let you know when I get my little 988cc bike back in action and I look forward to riding. Until then be safe and keep the shiny side up :moped:
I will also let you know when I am going to the track again. You should come out and get some seat time. In my opinion the track is the best place to feel the full potential of you and your bike. I have seen 12s put up some good numbers and I am sure you could to with a little practice :thumb:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2005, 01:58:41 AM »
I am going to gear my bike (-1) in the front and stock in the back.  I am not sure but somewhere on this site you can look up the mathmatics in that.

Stock Busa is 17/40 so i will be 16/40.  That should put me around 192 (i think).  

Use whatever sprockets you like.  -1/+3 and i will beat you from a dig to 168 with your weight.

That girl is very fast and everyone who rides with her knows it (ask Turboblew).

No worries - all fun...

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2005, 08:12:48 AM »
gnd111- 16/40 gearing is good for 188mph (+/-)...you won't even break into the 190's.  You will def. be hitting rev limiter well before the 9/10th's.

You'll need -1 tooth in the rear if you want to be able to make it the entire way down without having to chop throttle. Most of the guys running your mods use 17/41 or 16/39 if they are jockey sized. Anything less than that and you won't be able to finish the 9/10th's (assuming you're able to shoot off a good run with a good tuck).

But hey, if that's the gearing you wanna run..so be it. Just don't cry foul when I fly pass you at the last 1/10th because you had to let off.

Oh and I should have my friend with his 12R coming up as well...he's a little lighter than you...but since you've got a Class 3 bike (opened motor) it should even things out. You can run him first...and if you get spanked...I'll run you. If I spank you.....your bike is a slug.

If you want, we can also do 1/2 mile runs....I'll bring a larger rear sprocket.

Oh, out of curiousity....do you still have the stock arm?

BLUR- Setting your bike up for the 9/10th's is easier than you think...you just got to know how to set it up. That's the tricky part....oh and finding a good testing spot is necessary as well.

The only bad thing about running a nitrous bike is that you'll need two different gearing combo's. When you run out of juice...you won't be able to make optimal N/A runs with the taller gearing...so you're limited to the amount of runs you can make. A 2 lb bottle is usually good for 2 full passes. You also want to make sure the nitrous system is set properly....you'll go faster if you use a smaller shot that will allow you to spray 2nd-finishline. Going with a big shot and only spraying through 2 gears will not help as much. I can easily use a 60 shot jet and retard the timing -3 deg. and have 235+rwhp on tap....but that's only good for 2 gears....3 gears would be pushing it. Hell, there are guys running 70 shots on stock pistons with a dry kit in the 1/4....with no problems. =)

FK- well, if he's throwing down 9.6's at the strip...he can for sure take me in the 1/4 at the strip. Who knows...maybe he won't be able to hook up on the street without the aid of a sticky track and I'll win? Oh boy, I could just hear the complaining now....

Oh, and what the hell happened to OILHEADRON? I almost forgot about his ass. RON you out there? I'd LOVE to run you...Again, I'll throw my bike on the dyno when we're up there so you know I'm not cheating with a worked motor. Don't want you to cry foul....Don't want any excuses for you NOT to come.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2005, 08:11:04 PM »
BUMP

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2005, 12:52:30 AM »
According to the last sprocket calc i saw 17/40 (stock) was 202mph with a 77" tire circumfrence.  And you subtract from there.  My 17/43 which is about .5 more gear than 16/40 has a top speed of 188 to the limiter.

Tell you what - i'll just go 17/40 since i can still run 9.8's with ease at that gearing and then we'll see what that amounts to on top (i have GPS as well)......

I will also have my bike dyno tuned by then (which it never has been) so that should give me another 2hp or at the very least quit making the bike run soo rich.  Since i put the PC3 on i am getting black soot on the tip of my pipe so i know it is way off.

Bring who you like - it's always fun.  And yes i do hook up very well on the street - i am at 60" right now.

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2005, 06:19:27 AM »
Quote from: Cookie
Shine?  :shock: Is that you? :D

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2005, 10:46:01 AM »
Like I said....188mph with 16/40. You had previously said it was worth 192mph...

If I were you..I'd use 17/41. It should put you right where you need to be at the end of the 9/10th's. You'll get a little more drive through the gearing and you won't be wasting too much gearing like you will with the stock gearing. Also, make sure you add a little fuel up top on your map...tuning for best power on the dyno will only leave you lean up top at 170+mph.

Just trying to help. Like I said, I don't care if I win or lose. I just want to race!! I'd rather help you go faster and lose than let you bring a half ass set-up and spank you. You have gone into the motor and started tweeking....our bikes are no longer in the same unopened motor state of tune. For all I know you could have decked the head or cleaned it up a little....could have used a thinner head gasket....could have degreed the cams...could have done a lot of things. I don't concider it an equal race...so I don't care about winning anymore. Hell, you weight 50lbs less than me on top of all this!!! At this point, I'm in it for the fun we could have doing all this...if my bike does beat you (it would have to be with a jockey rider to equal the weight) than it's just a happy bonus for me...

Hell, I still like my chances if I put my 150lb friend on my bike through the 9/10th's....assuming all you've done was play with the cams and such.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2005, 12:17:29 AM »
Umm...  Anyway.  If i decked the heads i would certainly be over 180hp and i am not that high right now.  I might be though after i get the PC3 mapped.  I am fine with it lean up top a little.  Not worried at all.  I hear you have a 1270 in that bike is it true or only internet rumors....hahaha

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2005, 12:40:05 AM »
If he's actually running 199 mph without spray you can take that rumor to the bank. We'll see.

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »
Quote from: Phantom12
RON- I've raced PLENTY of busa's set up just like mine!!! Do you recall my post on the "World's fastest 10 bikes" thread? You know...the one where I recalled about 10 or so Busa encounters....?

I've only lost to 1 piped Busa...and I've got reason to suspect it wasn't an unopened motor because I've raced him before and we ran dead even in the 9/10th's with me pulling down the back end. I'm guessing he threw in some cams but isn't fessing up to it. His tuner is a sneeky mofo that is infamous for tweeking bikes and claiming they are "stock". Cool guys, both of them....but just a little sneeky. But hey, what racer isn't? =)

Phantom,
You cannot admit miguels bike is stock motored??? :roll:
He is scheduled to bring me his bike,after I do 2 zx 12's in the next couple of weeks, and when I put the cams in miguels  bike you will know it.
Wich bikes are you refering to about claiming they are stock???
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2005, 01:02:18 AM »
ICEMAN- I did a little tinkering with my bike on the dyno...turns out it wasn't that Miguel's bike was that much faster than before..I was just that much slower!

Went to Blais....threw her on the dyno....had a vac leak bad.... Running 18.0:1 down low and 12.2:1 up top....ON MY N/A SET-UP!

That explained a lot....

Fixed it all....gained back all my lost HP...and even made a couple more ft lbs of torque that I never had before! The map is still a little on the fat side to help compensate for the ram air....going with 12.8-13.0 up top. Still not a fully tuned custom map...just played with a few numbers at 100% to get things sorted out. Also, I sealed my airbox...turns out there was a quater sized hole at the bottom of my airbox/frame along with two 1/4 inch holes at the front of the airbox that were open! Sealed them both up....bike runs noticably better at high speeds. Bike is geared to do 193-194mph according to the dyno....I'm curious to see if you can tap the limiter in the 9/10th's...all with an untouched motor. I'll be out there this sunday...hopefully you'll do me the honor of testing it out for me. As odd as it may seem...I admire what you do. I think you sell the 12R's short...but that's probably only because you've never run into anyone with a tuned 12R that was running decent. I know  Vinny's 12R ran 193.5....but for some reason I think he has a weak one....A 12R with cam degreeing and a light head clean-up should be making more than 175rwhp...regardless of the fatter map. Oh well...we'll see where numbers fall this sunday... If you can hit limiter at 194mph with my untouched motor....I'm buying you lunch!

As for the bikes that had been claimed to be STOCK...well we've already had that conversation and we came to the conclusion the motor was not stock...just stock parts were used and modified. Lightened and balanced crank, balanced pistons, ported head, cams, etc.... all stock....but all tweeked and modified. This was in referance to the 197-199mph "stock motor" busa convo we had....remember?

See you sunday.

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2005, 01:25:32 AM »
Stock? Wasn't it you who told me about the yosh cams and whatnot? I think we pretty much went over your mods at Moroso. Besides, I run in the same circles as you do. If you've got work done by TKP,Blais, RPM, or Velocity (the top 4 tuners here in So.Flo)....I can find out what work was done. The guys are RPM are good tuners, they got your bike running very well. However, I know a guy who can tune your bike even more and gain more power from your current map. If you're at all serious about going faster and you're just about maxed out with mods, there's a guy who uses an LM1 realtime a/f sensor box that logs the a/f ratio for like 45 min in REAL WORLD conditions. He then plays with the numbers on the lap top and tweeks your map. People who have him map their bikes are gaining 3-4mph top speed over their dyno made maps.

Hell, I can introduce you to quite a few 200-300rwhp ZX-12R's and several 175-180rwhp 12R's that would absolutely LOVE to make you another notch on their belts. You may think you're King out there in no competition land....but down here...you ain't going to run around picking on 12R's... If you're a drag racing man....I know of a guy on a 12r with a stock pipe and unopened motor, STOCK ARM! running 9.3's!! Now how embarrassing would that be? There's a guy up in Lakeland running 9.1's on an unopened motor..

Phantom,
Can you introduce me to quite a few of these 200-300 h.p. zx12's
I know you run 184 mph in 9/10's on motor and 196 on spray with 215 h.p. how about I run you with my naturally aspirated 1299cc hayabusa, and you can spray me to the cows come home ???
I was enjoying your posts untill i read the part about myself claiming the bikes are stock, no none of them are stock they at least have pipes and pc's.
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2005, 01:36:01 AM »
No my bike is not stock.
but it is 1299cc and runs a little over 200 MPh with 187 H.P.
my ported head, yosh cams, lighthned and balanced crank.
I am willing to run any zx12 with whoever riding it and whatever motor work or piston kit they have.
I would like to ride your bike if you were not so  anti busa,
on the other hand i will ride it and not show you the GPS :lol:

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2005, 11:15:34 AM »
ICEMAN- I'm SOOOOO not Anti-Busa. I respect and admire the Busa. It's a fast mofo like I've said at least a dozen times on this forum alone. It's not the Busa's that I'm against...it's the asshole busa riders who think their shit don't stink and they are king of the world with no equals. The busa riders that claim they never lose and they wipe the floor with 12r's. Those are the guys I'm not fond of.....You of all people should know I'm friendly with cool busa guys. I've never been anything but respectful and kind to you or Miguel or Peter (FLBUSA) or Andy or Ken or anyone else riding a Busa...regardless how fast or slow they are. I actually rode with a couple busa guys LAST NIGHT...very cool guys with very nice bikes. Yes, I've beaten them both...on motor alone, but I not ONCE talked shit or rubbed it in or said anything about it after the race. It's not about Busa vs Ninja to me...you know that. It's about the RACE. You know I don't care if I win or lose...I just like the rush and the pursuit of more speed.

As for me running 184mph on motor...um that was with the 18/44 gearing .....I ran a 194mph on Spray that day too. I've never had my gearing combo on the money till now. It took a lot of test and tune to fiqure it out.

The stock gearing was 196mph or so I thought...I took my bike to the dyno and with 17/45 gearing (+1.5 teeth) it went up to 194mph worth of gearing. So 18/46 must have been around 200mph no? Either way, I've got my gearing set up perfectly now for an all motor run...and the bike is running PROPERLY now that I've fixed the vac leak, sealed the airbox holes, and fixed the map. In total honesty, the bike feels WAY stronger now than it EVER HAS BY FAR!!! Put it this way, I dont even fill up the bottle anymore because I'm still getting use to the power on motor....and the map is still halfass...

ICEMAN, I concider you a friend...I'd hate to ruin that because you think I'm anti-busa. You couldn't be further from the truth. I'm anti-asshole...it just so happens I find a lot of them on Busas here.

Oh, I'll throw Allan on my bike and have him race you with mine if you'd like. Don't know who's gonna win...don't care. It would be a good race to watch. But if my bike beats yours...you owe me a soda and sandwich at the Park.

As for introducing you to those 12R's, You've probably met them. I'm over 200.....Allan's bike will have 300 (progressively)....there's a guy with a 210rwhp N/A 1270 at Blais' shop right now...I've got a couple friends with Sprayed 12R's as well.

Also, when I said you claimed them to be stock...I meant stock motored, not showroom stock. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean to make you sound less credible. We've already had this discussion before...remember?

See you when I see you....

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2005, 12:06:40 PM »
Also, when I said you claimed them to be stock...I meant stock motored, not showroom stock.

"Stock" only means one thing to me ... showroom stock.

Modified (no matter what the mod) is not "stock". :no:  The word "stock" means a product as it comes from the factory or that is kept in "stock" at the retail store.

All this BS just keeps going round and round and round and ....  :roll:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2005, 03:54:26 PM »
i know,this has nothing to do with the thread,but where did it start and where is it now?just raced(raped)my buddies 98showroom stock viper gts with my showroom stock 99busa.if someone cares,or still not knows,i can only describe the viper as very lame compared to the busa.but thats nothing new to most.we went fromm a 50mph roll on the highway,me giving him about a 5cars lead,and i almost blew his doors of when i passed him.he didnt think bikes were THAT fast.now,he wants a bike himself.a busa.i told him the busa is nothing for beginners(for me,first bike,still alive :wink: )i told him to first start with something like a zx12 or a zx10,practice and learn,and then move to on to the busa 8)

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2005, 04:07:21 PM »
Quote from: balkanbusa
i know,this has nothing to do with the thread,but where did it start and where is it now?just raced(raped)my buddies 98showroom stock viper gts with my showroom stock 99busa.if someone cares,or still not knows,i can only describe the viper as very lame compared to the busa.

APPLES AND ORNAGES COMPARISON!! ....  :roll:  Hey, at least you had some fun. ;)

What I said in another thread:
Quote from: Busa@11K
And even worst when it comes to the pissing matches when people start talking apples and oranges like with different mods levels (turbo vs. NA) and the infamous "car vs. hot cage" debates!  :roll:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »
11k,i know very well its apples to oranges,but my buddie guessed before the "race" that he should have a chance.he was dead serious.hehe.he was like:bring that gay-bike,i will crush you badly,and take a good look at the front of my car,cus youll only see my pipes later,and bla bla bla
so i gave him the punishment that he needed,and now hes a believer.i told him before,go look in the www about 1/4mile time for any 600cc or more bike.but he was soo ignorant,he didnt even think about it.
and at least,we had some fun.
oh,and somehow atleast the busa and the viper are the torque monsters on the street.busa for bikes,viper for cars.i know,both not nr 1 in torque,but anyway,was just for fun :lol:

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2005, 04:40:37 PM »
Quote from: balkanbusa
11k,i know very well its apples to oranges,but my buddie guessed before the "race" that he should have a chance.he was dead serious.hehe.

Yes ... most car guys are clueless about bikes.  But there are some who know ... and now there is one more thanks to you! :lol2:

Tell your buddy he'll need about 800 RWHP to stay even with you in a 50 to 180 mph roll-on. :thumb:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2005, 04:59:25 PM »
800rwhp?ive seen a vid of an like 900rwhp viper going dead even against a stock busa,and after that beeing absolurely killed by some modified busas and,ooops,a modded 12, i guess.
here are people who think their m5 can keep up with bikes,man.crazy people over here.lots of dumbasses.
after that viper vid,i have to ask what difference in 1/4mile mph will an exhaust system,airboxmod and pcm make?the busa with the mods mentioned above(boltons)walked the viper pretty easy.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2005, 05:02:36 PM »
Ya, 800 RWHP is the minimum if they expect to stay even half way close.  Remember, there could be some traction issues with a car with this much RWHP.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=36321

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
busa vs gsxr1000
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2005, 05:35:39 PM »
ok,and how much mph will a stock busa pick up in the quarter with boltons and remapping?just curious...
traction issues with 800rwhp.. 8)