Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fastest production bike officially?  (Read 18374 times)

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Fastest production bike officially?
« on: February 09, 2005, 11:07:49 PM »
I just had a few questions reference another thread that got so heated about the Hayabusa or ZX-12 being the fastest production bike?

1.  Has anyone taken a stock Hayabusa to Bonneville, etc....in hopes of the fastest stock bike title *in the record books*?

2.  I remember someone claiming the ZX-12 was certified to 194mph and then with the Muzzy works it went 199mph!  Several people stepped up and said it wasn't official because the course length was modified, etc...etc...  Anyone have the info.?

I guess what I am asking is if it's not in writing somewhere, what will it take to make the BUSA king *officially*?  Could someone take a factory stock 99/00 Hayabusa out to Bonneville or one of the other venues and shut everyone up for good!?!?!

If this has been done by all means let me know otherwise I might have a new project in mind!  :twisted:

Thoughts?  8)
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 11:13:23 PM »
dude... this has been covered a 1000 times and then some if you ask me... The busa is the only one in the guiness book of world records... You will never see a zx12 there because I don't think a stock ZX12 has EVER done 194 stock... (if anyone says otherwise... you must have been going down hill with a strong wind... hahahaha)

Okay... for the record... who has the world record for top speed as a matter of fact? Last time I checked it was the SPEED KING on his velocity powered busa and before that it was noonan with his turbo busa... Never seen a 12 EVER even come close to those numbers... It just doesn't have the aerodynamics and that is why its NOT the fastest production bike ever made... :D

and then there is PROJECT 260 which you may see from time to time, but I have never heard of him making a run with that funky looking busa... :D

o yea... If you really think that a 12 with a pipe will do 199... well... You are DEAD wrong... :D

my 2 cents...

Cloud

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 11:19:52 PM »
I am not talking about a MODDED bike!

I am talking a FACTORY STOCK BIKE.....and not the Guniess Book of BS either.  No magazine tests or anything like that......REAL WORLD untampered results that are official!  No closed course/street timed runs with a 15-20mph tail wind!  :x

I just want to know if there is a factory PRODUCTION BIKE record at Bonneville or one of the other venues *certified as official*?  

BONE STOCK BIKE!?!?!
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 11:26:39 PM »
THe bike has been tested over and over and over and over and over... by every fucking magazine ever made... and they seem to come with the same results for hte most part... What the fuck more do you want dude...?

WHen I first got my busa, I was not real secure in thinking I had the fastest bike... It took me a while to get past the zx12 vs. busa thing... (I was kawi owner previously, so I definetly wanted kawi, but I just couldn't do it when everything I read said the busa was the better bike...

Not trying to piss you off dude... just trying to help you get the answers you are looking for...

Maybe someone will add something to this, but I don't think you will get many responses because this has been beat to death... You should do some searches on teh boards and I am sure you will find all the information you could ever want on a 12 vs. busa.... I am not going to do it for you... ;)

I only mentioned mods because you did in your original post with the "muzzy" pipe... Must have miss read you...
Cloud

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 11:30:26 PM »
Fastest production bike anywhere is the Busa whether people like it or not..

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 11:37:51 PM »
Yes, a Busa ran in the "Production/Production" class, ran something like 201 or 202 mph at Bonneville. Was this bike "bone stock"? by the rules it was, in reality, no.

Your only real source of "fastest production bike" is going to have to be Guiness.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 11:53:38 PM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno
Yes, a Busa ran in the "Production/Production" class, ran something like 201 or 202 mph at Bonneville. Was this bike "bone stock"? by the rules it was, in reality, no.

Your only real source of "fastest production bike" is going to have to be Guiness.

Both of them were Busas, so yes the Busa is the "official" fastest production bike..this year I hope to make the fastest Motorcycle powered bike a Busa  PERIOD!~~~~360 MPH! ! ! ! plus... :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  Mark my words..

K

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 11:56:05 PM »
you mean 260 King... :D

CLoud

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 12:01:29 AM »
Quote from: Cloud
you mean 260 King... :D

CLoud

No I don't! !
 :thumb:
J

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 12:05:01 AM »
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

are you serious... dude... you break 360+ on your bike and you will be a house hold name, that is for sure. Hope you are ready for it...  :twisted:

Can I say I knew you...? hahahahahha joking kidd'a

CLoud

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 12:09:09 AM »
Cloud wrote:

Last time I checked it was the SPEED KING on his velocity powered busa and before that it was noonan with his turbo busa...

John Noonan IS Speed King.  :wink:

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 12:09:33 AM »

are you serious... dude... you break 360+ on your bike and you will be a house hold name, that is for sure. Hope you are ready for it...  :twisted:

CLoud

New bike has two Busa engines, bike has already run a measured top speed of 335 miles per hour..with a diff rider at Bonneville in 04.

I am the rider this year and have my pops as a back-up if needed. :thumb:

The 335 mph was done with OEM STOCK Busa engines and a very low HP setting..this year we will turn it up..

J

J

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 12:12:42 AM »
Quote from: SPEED KING

CLoud

New bike has two Busa engines, bike has already run a measured top speed of 335 miles per hour..with a diff rider at Bonneville in 04.

I am the rider this year and have my pops as a back-up if needed. :thumb:

The 335 mph was done with OEM STOCK Busa engines and a very low HP setting..this year we will turn it up..

J

J

You have any dates for your runs yet? I am wanting to make a run down there this summer after my bike is done. In fact a bunch of us from colorado busas may  be going down together. I wouldn't mind trying to plan this while you are doing your run... That would be something to see...  :twisted:

Can you share what the body of something like that must look like? Is this a streamliner with dual busa engines?

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 12:13:54 AM »
Quote from: 02SE
Cloud wrote:

Last time I checked it was the SPEED KING on his velocity powered busa and before that it was noonan with his turbo busa...

This year it is Noonan "on" the ACK Attack Streamliner Motorcycle.. :yes: with Pop's at my side.. :yes:

Two years ago it was "Noonan" on the N L R powered bike..

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 12:15:21 AM »
Can you share what the body of something like that must look like? Is this a streamliner with dual busa engines?

:yes:

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 12:15:56 AM »
Cloud wrote:

This year it is Noonan "on" the ACK Attack Streamliner Motorcycle.. :yes: with Pop's at my side.. :yes:

Two years ago it was "Noonan" on the N L R powered bike..

:oops: :oops:  How embarassing... I might of known you were one and the same person...

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 12:17:06 AM »
Just keep it on 2 wheels John. I still vividly recall being at the starting line, and hearing the Ack Attack had crashed down course.

That was definitely a scary thing to hear.   :shock:

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 12:19:55 AM »
Just keep it on 2 wheels John. I still vividly recall being at the starting line, and hearing the Ack Attack had crashed down course.

If you see and "hear" the video of the crash I am the one screaming and cursing..I have my own Demons.. :twisted:

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2005, 12:24:05 AM »

If you see and "hear" the video of the crash I am the one screaming and cursing..I have my own Demons.. :twisted:

Well, at least Odum came out of it basically unscathed, that HAS to be a good sign.  :thumb:

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2005, 12:28:26 AM »

Well, at least Odum came out of it basically unscathed, that HAS to be a good sign.  :thumb:

The bike was built with lots of safety features added in, more than some others.  Hank and I look forward to putting this bike in the books as the fastest bike period..

J

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 06:21:20 AM »
John is being very kind.I am looking forward to helping him in any way I can, set the record.I feel very fortunate to have been asked to be his back-up driver. :thumb:
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 07:45:15 AM »

This is what I am looking for, thanks BiggerDanno!  

Now where can I find this info.?  Does Bonneville keep the record books of this somewhere for easy viewing?  

Just curious but what does the rules say about the Production/Production class?  (Ref. the stock by the rules but in reality NO answer!)  Are we still talking stock motor, fairings, etc...with the usual:

No mirrors, taped front, sprockets, etc... or is this a piped/PC'd more than my deffinition of stock bike?
Good luck with your record guys!  360mph! :bah: Sounds like fun, just wish I had the funds to play that much right now!  :kickass:  :beechug:

Josh  8)

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 08:09:14 AM »
Quote from: Got-Busa?

This is what I am looking for, thanks BiggerDanno!  

Now where can I find this info.?  Does Bonneville keep the record books of this somewhere for easy viewing?  

Just curious but what does the rules say about the Production/Production class?  (Ref. the stock by the rules but in reality NO answer!)  Are we still talking stock motor, fairings, etc...with the usual:

No mirrors, taped front, sprockets, etc... or is this a piped/PC'd more than my deffinition of stock bike?

Josh  8)

Taped front will remove you from Production/Production.  The exhaust MUST look stock (gutted cans and (I presume)modified that is painted like stock is "O.K.") Sprocket Change is o.k.  PC3 is o.k.  Now the clincher, headwork, cams, etc.. is o.k.  The rule is the bike must LOOK Stock.

From my experience a bone show room stock 'Busa with a decent driver and a decent run will do 184-185+ mph in the standing mile.  A 12R will do around 178-180 mph.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 08:25:05 AM »
You guys don't have to tell me that the BUSA is the fastest...believe me "I KNOW!"  I am just trying to locate any *official results* but it looks like other than the mags and Guniess that's all there is!?!?!  

I just figured there would be something more official like an award presented to Suzuki with documentation, etc. for breaking and holding the title as FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE!  Kind of like the passing of the Heavy weight belt......or something goofy like that!    :lol:

What was I thinking!?!? :duh:

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 09:21:44 AM »
the only certified "stock" runs were at Maxton with Muzzy's
zx12.........like it or not that is the only certified ie  a sanctiioning
body (Dolan) to accurately time it,  and a tear down later to prove
stock......190+mph

the Bonneville records are there for anyone to see:

http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/records/BNIrecs_bikes.htm

go down to 1350 cc and look for "P-P"  that is for production

BUT at Bonneville,  you are allowed UNLIMITED internal engine mods
as long as displacment is under class limit...........so the 201 record
was on a Busa with around 200 hp..........NOT stock by a long shot
ie high comp JE pistons, cylinder head Porting etc..........

whoever considers Guinness book a reputable authority on world land
speed records is as LAME as the book (there own entry says "reported to run as fast as xxx").............

Joe :)
ex busa owner
not worthy