Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ((((((((((( I RACED PHANTOM12 ))))))))))))  (Read 50904 times)

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
((((((((((( I RACED PHANTOM12 ))))))))))))
« on: February 20, 2005, 01:16:29 PM »
I raced Phantom12 this weekend on  my02 black LE Busa I  just bought it a coulpe of weeks ago it still has (STOCK EXHAUST) and lowered 1.25 " front and rear.
Phantom has 178 H.P. and lowered,I am guessing mine has around 155 H.P.
There was an easy 15 + mph headwind  
now after all the talk on how fast his zx12 was I decieded to bring him to school, I told him if he cant beat a stock busa with only 155 H.P. he is not going to look very good in front of the crowd and his boy,so off to the starting line, when we got there  he he was a bit nervous and jumped me BIG TIME and caught himself and turned around for a restart, well out of the hole I was gone and pulled a lead to 3.5-4 bike lenghts for a win.
With the 15+mph head wind my runs were 179.5 181.3-182.1mph then i also took down 2 piped busas , next time without the headwind I am throwing a TRE on and am expecting 186- 187MPH with my stocker.
Phantom had a good run with the other busa hes been trying to beat for weeks the busa out tourqes him through the gears by 3 bikes and then they lock up top, the busa does not pull anymore and the zx12 cannot real him in.
Sorry Phantom I had to post this for the busa boy's.
Next time dont forget to tell everyone you got beat by a stock busa :lol: [/b]
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 01:21:35 PM »
That should bust his bubble.  I'm sure he'll have a different story to tell though.   Way to represent.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 01:27:27 PM »
I wonder if he'll acknowledge the defeat, or just make excuses. Either way.  :thumb:

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 01:33:54 PM »
I'm too busy laughing to reply. :lol:

Maybe later ..... when I stop laughing!

:lmao:
Liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.

SuperDave

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 01:43:25 PM »
Kinda puts things into perspective....... :lol2:  :lmao:

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
way to go ICE...  :D

I guess he has too turn in his logon name forever?  :shock:

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 01:52:16 PM »
Liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.

Offline turbotoys1

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 01:55:24 PM »
good one :D and i will say hats off for racing mr 12 good sports :D

Offline hayazuki

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 01:55:49 PM »
TOP TEN EXCUSES FOR TODAYS RACE

10. Everyone knew the clutch was slipping.

9. All of the Busas had opened engines, every one of em...

8. Left the mirrors on the 12, that pulls it down 12-15 mph.

7. Project 320 bike was more neutered than others.

6. Beat? By a Busa, never happened...wasn't even there...honest....

5. Did I mention the clutch slipping??

4. Average Busa owners still just posers, 12's rule.

3. Help me out here Jamie, buddy...

2. Didn't really push it, could have destroyed the Busa, if he wanted to.

And the #1 excuse for losing to the bird of prey:

1. Maybe that thumb over the waterhose trick was wrong!

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 01:56:15 PM »
Good Job, THE ICE MAN!!!
 :lol:  :wink:  :P

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 02:02:58 PM »

Iceman is the man. :thumb:

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 02:05:33 PM »
Good one Hayazuki!!!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline gm1300

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 02:33:26 PM »
now that is funny after all that talking he did  about how fast he is  , he goes and looses to a stock busa .

this just put him past fk as the biggest idiot on this site :lol:

Offline fstbusa

• Mad Post Whore
  • g0t B00st?
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 02:36:09 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
03 40th Ann. Ghetto Busa

Offline xpigrider

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »
ICE IS THE MAN!!!!  Now that made my day!!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
02 LE
"I will trust in the LORD with all my heart, and lean not unto my own understand, and in all my ways I will acknowledge him and he will direct my path"

Ahab

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 02:50:46 PM »
:drink:

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2005, 03:02:48 PM »
Maybe he should put his thumb over the ram air tube!
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »
If he posts that he did infact loose then I will I can respect that(without any excuses)

If he posts a different story I give up.

If he quits posting all together he's a tool.

Offline Bayou Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 03:09:46 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lmao:

Way to go Ice Man... :beechug:
  "All Motor"

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 03:10:27 PM »
That was a good race. I did lose by a good 3-4 bikes for sure. ICEMAN is a kick ass rider and is a good 50lb less weight than I am.

Im my defense.....I raced the piped Busa that had been tuned and set up for the 9/10ths' by ICEMAN himself...we consistantly ran the same MPH on GPS time and time again. Only difference was that we started at 4k rpm...the 12's fall on their face at 4k, the Busa's dont.

Again, my bike has NO real world tuning whatsoever...the piped busa DID....

ICEMAN beat that piped busa that I raced by the SAME distance that he beat me by...So it's obviously not my bike is slow or I'm a horrible rider...it's just that ICEMAN is the man. 10 years of 9/10th's experience, 50lbs less weight, and real world tuning will make the difference.

As for the tuned piped busa I ran....he jumped out in first gear...2nd-4th I reeled him in, 5th I started slowing down....6th we were locked. Again, there is NO real world tuning done to my bike..just an improvised dyno map.

If it makes any difference, that Busa is probably the best running piped Busa out there...hell ICEMAN was tinkering and testing and tuning with that piped Busa's power commander all morning...I didn't touch mine. I'm sure there was another couple mph in my bike if I just played with the mapping a little...I think it was ICEMAN himself that told me that both bikes were equal. I'm sure if we started from 6k...things would be a little different....but the Busa boys have to start down low at 4k...so that's what we did.

As for the airbox mod that you guys are so happy to bring up...I spoke with someone who's done a great deal of the actual real world testing with YOUR airbox mod vs the stock airbox. I won't disclose his results and start up another argument..... but I'll say this though....I had a smile on my face when he told me...and he actually EXPLAINED why the results were what they were. Made a LOT of sense....

I do credit ICEMAN with the win today, he ran faster and quicker on his STOCK Busa than everyone with their piped Busa's or 12R's. I'm fairly convinced ICEMAN is probably one of if not the best 9/10th's rider I've ever seen. He consistantly jumps on other people's bikes and runs 3-10mph faster than even the owner runs. He's a hell of a rider and a great tuner. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him.

Dunno if this make any difference...But later that day I ran a guy with a piped busa and beat him by 10-15 bike's....got it all on video too!! No nitrous...bottle was left at home. ICEMAN is witness to this.

oh, that busa made 170rwhp on the dyno with the remap.

There has only been a couple stock motor Busa's that have been able to beat me.... both were either ridden or tuned by ACE PERFORMANCE which is ICEMAN's tuning label. I've never been beaten in the 9/10th's by any stock motor Busa that wasn't tuned by ICEMAN. But even so...none have been able to out MPH me...and I have yet to do any real world tuning.

So in conclusion...yes, I got beat by a tuned stock busa with a superjockey ....Nobody was able to pull higher MPH than me on the same run as me... A real world tuned piped Busa got me by 2-3 bikes yet didn't pull a faster MPH than me.... And I decimated a piped, dynotuned Busa by 10+ bike lengths. BTW...the rider on that busa said he's never been beaten by a 12R...sounds like a lot of you guys. Rude awakening...

ICEMAN- Although you broke your word, I'll keep mine.

See you next time, thanks for the run. I had a good time.

suzuki4life

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 03:13:52 PM »
Quote from: Phantom12
That was a good race. I did lose by a good 3-4 bikes for sure. ICEMAN is a kick ass rider and is a good 50lb less weight than I am.

Im my defense.....I raced the piped Busa that had been tuned and set up for the 9/10ths' by ICEMAN himself...we consistantly ran the same MPH on GPS time and time again. Only difference was that we started at 4k rpm...the 12's fall on their face at 4k, the Busa's dont.

Again, my bike has NO real world tuning whatsoever...the piped busa DID....

ICEMAN beat that piped busa that I raced by the SAME distance that he beat me by...So it's obviously not my bike is slow or I'm a horrible rider...it's just that ICEMAN is the man. 10 years of 9/10th's experience, 50lbs less weight, and real world tuning will make the difference.

As for the tuned piped busa I ran....he jumped out in first gear...2nd-4th I reeled him in, 5th I started slowing down....6th we were locked. Again, there is NO real world tuning done to my bike..just an improvised dyno map.

If it makes any difference, that Busa is probably the best running piped Busa out there...hell ICEMAN was tinkering and testing and tuning with that piped Busa's power commander all morning...I didn't touch mine. I'm sure there was another couple mph in my bike if I just played with the mapping a little...I think it was ICEMAN himself that told me that both bikes were equal. I'm sure if we started from 6k...things would be a little different....but the Busa boys have to start down low at 4k...so that's what we did.

As for the airbox mod that you guys are so happy to bring up...I spoke with someone who's done a great deal of the actual real world testing with YOUR airbox mod vs the stock airbox. I won't disclose his results and start up another argument..... but I'll say this though....I had a smile on my face when he told me...and he actually EXPLAINED why the results were what they were. Made a LOT of sense....

I do credit ICEMAN with the win today, he ran faster and quicker on his STOCK Busa than everyone with their piped Busa's or 12R's. I'm fairly convinced ICEMAN is probably one of if not the best 9/10th's rider I've ever seen. He consistantly jumps on other people's bikes and runs 3-10mph faster than even the owner runs. He's a hell of a rider and a great tuner. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him.

Dunno if this make any difference...But later that day I ran a guy with a piped busa and beat him by 10-15 bike's....got it all on video too!! No nitrous...bottle was left at home. ICEMAN is witness to this.

oh, that busa made 170rwhp on the dyno with the remap.

There has only been a couple stock motor Busa's that have been able to beat me.... both were either ridden or tuned by ACE PERFORMANCE which is ICEMAN's tuning label. I've never been beaten in the 9/10th's by any stock motor Busa that wasn't tuned by ICEMAN. But even so...none have been able to out MPH me...and I have yet to do any real world tuning.

So in conclusion...yes, I got beat by a tuned stock busa with a superjockey ....Nobody was able to pull higher MPH than me on the same run as me... A real world tuned piped Busa got me by 2-3 bikes yet didn't pull a faster MPH than me.... And I decimated a piped, dynotuned Busa by 10+ bike lengths. BTW...the rider on that busa said he's never been beaten by a 12R...sounds like a lot of you guys. Rude awakening...

ICEMAN- Although you broke your word, I'll keep mine.

See you next time, thanks for the run. I had a good time.

Boo hoo hoo.

Imagine that, a 12 got beat by a Busa.  :P

Who'd thunk it? :shock:

Offline MET

• Post Master
Re: ((((((((((( I RACED PHANTOM12 ))))))))))))
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 03:14:41 PM »
:roll:   Oh my...

Quote from: THE ICE MAN
I raced Phantom12 this weekend on  my02 black LE Busa I  just bought it a coulpe of weeks ago it still has (STOCK EXHAUST) and lowered 1.25 " front and rear.
Phantom has 178 H.P. and lowered,I am guessing mine has around 155 H.P.
There was an easy 15 + mph headwind  
now after all the talk on how fast his zx12 was I decieded to bring him to school, I told him if he cant beat a stock busa with only 155 H.P. he is not going to look very good in front of the crowd and his boy,so off to the starting line, when we got there  he he was a bit nervous and jumped me BIG TIME and caught himself and turned around for a restart, well out of the hole I was gone and pulled a lead to 3.5-4 bike lenghts for a win.
With the 15+mph head wind my runs were 179.5 181.3-182.1mph then i also took down 2 piped busas , next time without the headwind I am throwing a TRE on and am expecting 186- 187MPH with my stocker.
Phantom had a good run with the other busa hes been trying to beat for weeks the busa out tourqes him through the gears by 3 bikes and then they lock up top, the busa does not pull anymore and the zx12 cannot real him in.
Sorry Phantom I had to post this for the busa boy's.
Next time dont forget to tell everyone you got beat by a stock busa :lol: [/b]

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 03:15:08 PM »
Did I mention I got that last run on VIDEO!?!

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2005, 03:16:59 PM »
:roll: So there it is, more excuses.  :roll:  :lol: