Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Air shifters on big power bikes?  (Read 7807 times)

Offline rosco15

• Rider
Air shifters on big power bikes?
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 04:15:41 PM »
I know on the big dragbikes they run auto tranny's where they dont have to kill the engine for it to shift.  Keeps the front tire from slamming to the ground when they shift into second gear.

Offline Motorcitybusa

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »
Phantombusa, I run a MRE airshifter with the small shift cylinder.  I am sure it is just your standard airshifter.  I also run the standard engine kill box.  I tried to check today to see where the kill was set but it is to small to see.  The MRE shifts really smooth.  I had another brand on another bike and had some problems missing shifts.  I have not miss one shift with this set up.  You hit the button and it shifts everytime.
You don't get what you desire.  You get what you focus on!

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »
I don't think it is what air shifter as much as if the shifter is properly set up. the kits that go on and off real hard may need less kill and more PSI. this is why I like CO2, You can set the regulator at 140, and it will give you 200 140psi shifts (or until your bottle goes flat) most guys use small air tanks and the pressure drops with each shift. You either have to run extra presure on the first shifts, or chance missed shifts up top, eith one can spell a broken tranny

I use 140psi on my kits for cylinder mounted under the peg, pushing the linkage rod, and 125 for pulling the shifter with the cylinder mounted on the lever 3" from the shifter pivot.

also the kills I build have a 20ms to 150ms setting, No "FI" codes. they have both digital timing and switching modes for function.