Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT  (Read 47188 times)

Offline viperman

• Rider
04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2005, 12:33:03 AM »
I am assuming that is Km/h and I will try to get the pic up.  Is there anywhere to post pics here?  I cannot find an upload site.

Offline viperman

• Rider
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2005, 12:55:38 AM »
I think I got the pic working!

suzuki4life

« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2005, 12:56:57 AM »
Quote from: BigGar
Damn these arguments get old.  Old and lame.  Taken to the nth degree, cars are gonna beat bikes.  Around a track, down a 1/4 mile, whatever.  If not, F1 cars would have 2 wheels, and top fuel dragsters wouldn't be faster than the best dragbikes.  What we have here is the age-old discussion of varying degrees.  How much money?  How close to stock?  How far from stock?  How far?  Roll-on or dead start?  On, and on and fuckin' on.
There's some fast equipment out there, no need to take sides.
Shake the hand of the fast guy for the day.
Excuses are for losers.

Gar

Amen.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Re: Power to weight
« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2005, 01:59:42 AM »
Quote from: viperman
That 425 hp busa has the same power to weight ratio that Chad's car would have if he lost the stereo, so acceleration would be similar.  I don't know about aerodynamics over 200.  SVSi says that while cars have the edge at 130+ to about 200/210, bikes take it back, so I don't think his car could hit 250s, but who the hell knows.

A vehicle will not "take it back" at higher speeds because aerodrag is an ever increasing force with is defined solely by the shape of the body, the air conditions and the velocity.  Each vehicle follows the same laws of physics.

What it boils down to at high speeds is which vehicle has reserve HP after overcoming aerodrag.  Theoretically, if a car had twice the aerodrag as a bike (which is close to the real case) at all speeds, then the car would have to have twice the RWHP as the bike to make their drag/power ratio equal.

A Busa with factory bodywork has a CdA = 3.37.  A Z06 Vette (numbers I know) has a CdA = 6.60.  The Viper CdA would probably be about 7.0.  That's 7.0/3.37 = 2.08 times ... about twice.

A Busa could theoretically go 265 mph with 425 RWHP.  A car with twice the CdA and which has more rolling resistance due to much more weigh would need 1000 RWHP ... a little more than twice the HP due to higher rolling resistance.  Rolling resistance for the Busa need 11 RWHP and the Viper would need about 120 more RWHP.  2.08 x 425 = 850 + 120 = 970 ... close cross check.

So, the Viper would need about 1000 RWHP to top out at the same speed as a 425 RWHP Busa.  Of course the gearing would have to be optimized to reach the best possible top speed.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline viperman

• Rider
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2005, 03:28:35 AM »
So then, you are saying the SVSi car should have hit 270+.  No, the reason the cars start to lose their advantage is that wind starts getting underneath them more at speed and causes huge drag.  If the salt flats were truly flat, they could drop the cars more and go significantly faster than they do now.  But they can't so they have to add more power.  SVSi is set to approach 300 this year.  Not too shabby.  I wouldn't want to be driving that car and really wouldn't want to ride a bike at that speed.

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2005, 06:14:31 AM »
Quote from: 97Turbo
Quote from: ZX-ALAN

Vipers and supras are fuckin sweet though.  I wouldn't mind running one.  Maybe at the Tx Mile I can get me some.

Are you from Texas?  If so, there is a big Supra meet March 10-12 in Houston.  There will also be a lot of fast vipers, including Chad.

Yeah I'm from Tx.  I didn't make the TX Mile last year but a few of my friends did.  There were vipers and Z06s up there running in it also.  SUpposedly there was a bad head wind ruining the deal but Johnny went 210mph on his street busa with only 280hp in the wind,  don't think any Vipers hit 210 that day.
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2005, 08:48:45 AM »
So then, you are saying the SVSi car should have hit 270+.  No, the reason the cars start to lose their advantage is that wind starts getting underneath them more at speed and causes huge drag.  If the salt flats were truly flat, they could drop the cars more and go significantly faster than they do now.  But they can't so they have to add more power.  SVSi is set to approach 300 this year.  Not too shabby.  I wouldn't want to be driving that car and really wouldn't want to ride a bike at that speed.

The reason is because on salt, Drag overcomes traction! That is the reason the bikes have a hard time going faster no matter what HP/TQ they are putting out.    

I believe Noonan had to turn the boost way down to get the 253mph run.  Before it was just spinning the tire at 250 and slowing him down!  :shock:
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2005, 02:21:40 PM »
MY BIKE MAKES A LIL OVER 500 HP MY OTHER WILL BE MAKIN ABOUT 700 HP

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2005, 02:22:16 PM »
OH AND THE 500 HP IS THROUGH A FULL PIPE ETC IS EVEN CALI LEGAL :wink:

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2005, 03:08:09 PM »
Quote from: Got-Busa?

I believe Noonan had to turn the boost way down to get the 253mph run.  Before it was just spinning the tire at 250 and slowing him down!  :shock:

Actually, he turned the boost up, way too far, as on the backup run he blew the motor.

Here's a pic of his boost gauge afterwards...

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2005, 04:54:48 PM »
:D

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »
:D  :D  :D

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2005, 03:38:40 AM »
Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
MY BIKE MAKES A LIL OVER 500 HP MY OTHER WILL BE MAKIN ABOUT 700 HP

OK sure, your bike makes 500 ponies, but who did ya beat? uh greg?  :lol:  I never heard of you beating anyone cept me?

yup, I'm callin it cuz ya wont let me put the coon tune on busas in ohio  :evil:

Offline vasibusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • HOUSTON TEXAS
Re: wtf
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2006, 04:07:10 AM »
Quote from: COLDSTONE1300
 If he wanted to beat any bike with a car, he could beat any street legal bike you can throw at him.  

Besides the previous remark on turbo busa's and 2000hp cars, that was the funniest statement made so far. The other guys already covered the 1/4 mile aspect, so Just how many of these "2000hp" cars that are everyday street legal and streetable rides that don't break down every week have done 250+ in one mile from a dead stop? The Yancy's turbo busa is a stock framed/wheelbase street legal bike with only 425hp and has done this twice at two different events (Maxton mile and Great Texas Mile) and recently broke that record with a 256mph run at maxton. If that bike can do that from a dead stop, imagine what this 600hp streetbike could do on the highway: http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41689 Besides this, the majority of Turbo busa owners have posted GPS runs of anywhere between 232mph to 249mph done ON the Street. In the many past car and bike fiasco's on here, from big hp supras to vettes to vipers we've never seen anyone with these big hp cars show anything close to comparable to what common customers of fairly average (400hp or slightly more) Turbo Busa's have done on the road.

And unlike most hp monster cars, these bikes don't desperatly need a mechanic every 3 days or month. And this is in terms of everyday streetriding to even touring. Gas Milage is great too.  :lol: With that said, when fulltilt and nickslick were set to make the Kings of The Street DvD last year( http://www.fulltiltlife.com ) they went to every car board they could to find willing runners. From the f-body boards, supra forums, viper, vette, porsche, ferrari, etc. They made it clear it would be filmed races against stock bikes, light and moderatly modded motor jobs, and of course Turbo busa's. Car had to be street legal AND reliable as a everyday driver since the trip to the desert track wasn't going to be a 2 mile hop. No Trailer Queens.  The word of this got spread pretty well as some of the car boards got a little miffed at these Modded bikes wanting a race. Many powerful cars participated....except for any of these 2000hp jobs lightly mentioned here and there.

I'm sure Fulltilt would want to film a better follow up so if any of these 2000hp cars think they could dance with 500+hp on a 600ib chassis then something needs to be arranged.  :yes:

600 bhp bikes going 250 mph on the street is about as likely as finding Micheal Schummacher driving his F1 car on the street.  Even if anyone had a bike with half that HP on the street, I would bet $1k that they would  never have the balls to hit any speed remotely close to what you posted.
were is this going on you huys lost me. and man your so right my couisn has a 02 turbo busa about 300whp and trust me he is scared of that bike.i rode it 1 time and told him he can have it.