Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT  (Read 47174 times)

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 09:00:58 PM »
Quote from: 1TONY1

Maybe you should start checking power levels before you make that kind of statement ............ just a thought.

Here's a problem, not on his site nor his board statement does he list this. Someone on the same thread even asked what power he was putting down in his "street settings". He's not listing much except the 1200ft/ibs statement in the end. on the note of that same segment, his "0-150 in 9.7" claim isn't exactly a drag race timeslip either.  :roll: Not trying to be a jerk but just stating what's been made available for us all to see so far.

As for power levels, dana's supra was at only 960hp and geared for drag racing when he rolled against nickslicks bored out busa (both were even till 160mph when car ran out of gear). The car is known to make 1200hp (a rematch is possible). Is this viper pumping more perhaps?

edit: just seen your edit and while I was sure he made more then manny's car, so was the mentioned supra.  :yes:

Offline zookman

• Post Whore
  • Hotrod
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 09:08:37 PM »
Not to jump sides,but 1TONY1 is a very stand up guy.He is the most honest car guy you will ever meet,and if he says he will meet you,then count on it,won't be the first time he has gotten beat by a Busa,oilheadron can attest.
Tuned by Chris Hill at Performance Psycle.865-925-0914

Offline 1TONY1

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 09:29:36 PM »
Quote from: COLDSTONE1300
Quote from: 1TONY1

Maybe you should start checking power levels before you make that kind of statement ............ just a thought.

Here's a problem, not on his site nor his board statement does he list this. Someone on the same thread even asked what power he was putting down in his "street settings". He's not listing much except the 1200ft/ibs statement in the end. on the note of that same segment, his "0-150 in 9.7" claim isn't exactly a drag race timeslip either.  :roll: Not trying to be a jerk but just stating what's been made available for us all to see so far.

As for power levels, dana's supra was at only 960hp and geared for drag racing when he rolled against nickslicks bored out busa (both were even till 160mph when car ran out of gear). The car is known to make 1200hp (a rematch is possible). Is this viper pumping more perhaps?

edit: just seen your edit and while I was sure he made more then manny's car, so was the mentioned supra.  :yes:

Some numbers I saw were 780 rwhp on pump fuel and 930 rwhp on race fuel......the video was the first tq number I had seen but I guess it's believable with turbos. I would have been on good fuel so I assume he was. I made the pump gas mistake once.....I don't intend to make it again.
Woops....my bad, the 780 was low boost and 930 was high boost..... I "assume" there is a fuel difference but that's my opinion (which is worth squat) I have asked him what gear the bike was in. All I know is this Viper guy is a good guy and he and this bike had been smack talking for a while. It's not like he's the one that said he could outrun any bike. Is this the beating I'm going to take when I outrun Ron and zookman .........uh oh....I better go now  :moped:
Worlds quickest Viper driver.
2005 Busa.....bone stock

Offline Jason Heffner

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • http://www.heffnersperformance.com
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 09:49:36 PM »
Quote from: Blur
First of all that is a 03 1000 not a 04. Just a point. Who knows what else they got wrong.....

The 1000 was in the wrong gear. You could tell from the way the bike accelerated.

I have a hard time believing that car went 150mph in 9.7 seconds.

I would love to have the chance to race him just so he can see what a 1000 can do. Any TTs out there.

:D

You know, that's one thing you can always count on from guys on bikes that get beat by cars.......excuses. What exactly makes it so hard to believe that this car could accelerate from 0 to 150 in 9.7 seconds? One of our most recent cars to come out has trapped 168 in the quarter mile in 8.75 seconds. Is there perhaps anyone in Maryland with a turbo 'busa that wants to try out a Viper? We have to be sure to set up an excuse proof race though. The bike should definitely have an air shifter, an extended swing arm would be nice too, I wouldn't want to hear the old wheelie excuse. While we're at it I think the bike should also get the break, wouldn't want to hear the "I wasn't ready" or the ever so popular "I was in the wrong gear" excuse. Now don't you guys go gettin' all in an uproar, I'm just havin' a little fun here but seriously. If anyone close by wants to try out one of the TT Vipers feel free to call me at 410 766 2800 and we'll set something up.
Builder of bike killing twin turbo Dodge Vipers!

Offline 1TONY1

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 10:01:29 PM »
Oh snap !!!!  Where is the :popcorn: smilie
2005 Busa.....bone stock

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
Gixxer vs Viper
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2005, 10:02:43 PM »
Bottom line is how much does a viper cost . The average cost is about $85 grand. You spend $10,000 on a 2005 and dump another 10 grand or so in Motorhead's Labratory and you'd have something nothing short of a Pro Stock Race car could touch and still be up $65 grand in the good . Thats cha-ching for bling and other things. So just do the happy math

Offline 1TONY1

• Rider
Re: Gixxer vs Viper
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »
Quote from: tinmann8
Bottom line is how much does a viper cost . The average cost is about $85 grand. You spend $10,000 on a 2005 and dump another 10 grand or so in Motorhead's Labratory and you'd have something nothing short of a Pro Stock Race car could touch and still be up $65 grand in the good . Thats cha-ching for bling and other things. So just do the happy math

EIGHTYFIVE GRAND !!!!!!!!!! Jesus, you want to buy some at a discount ?? You need to check your figures.
2005 Busa.....bone stock

Offline Jason Heffner

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2005, 10:12:31 PM »
Oh my god, I never looked at it from that angle. If the rest of the Viper owners find out about this ingenious breakthrough in economics I will be ruined. Just imagine the possibilities with this train of thought. You just may be onto something. Just think how much money that Ferrari owners could save if they realized how much they could save if only they sported a Suzuki instead. You should patent this revoloutionary economoc theory and perhaps get an infomercial and tour schools to enlighten others. Oh wait nobody really cares.

Offline GOT BOOST

• New User!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2005, 10:16:45 PM »
^ This is an age long argument. Lets look at the facts. A bike costs a lot less than a Viper, yes! Most bikes are a lot faster than most Vipers, yes! This is true, now lets look at the other facts. If an owner can afford a Twin Turbocharged Viper, I'm pretty sure they would be able to scrape up the funds for a fast bike but it is much more of an accomplishment making a bike beating car than it is to build a car beating bike. Another fact, there will always be someone bigger and badder on the street than you! This owner never claimed to be the worlds fastest car nor the universal bike slayer. Enjoy the video for what it is.

Rowan.

Offline Jason Heffner

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2005, 10:21:40 PM »
Quote from: Blur

The 1000 was in the wrong gear. You could tell from the way the bike accelerated. :D

You know, I think I have to agree. By the looks of it, I would say that the bike started out in reverse! :moped:

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2005, 10:36:58 PM »
Much props to you Jason you did a job on that 1000, but there will be alot of Busa's all shapes and sizes in S.C. around the end of May if you just don't happen to find some action sooner!

Offline Cannibusa

• Rider
    • http://www.mantamachinery.com
haha
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2005, 11:21:32 PM »
It's just getting 2 easy to beat bikes now a days.

The old cost arguement. Kinda like calling your woman fat isn't it?  :lol:
It's all relative...

Cannibusa!
98 Viper GTS, ummm, it's pretty fast. ;-) (car responsible for 37 page thread)

05 Viper, Stock, Black
05 Rd/Blk Busa
06 GSXR-1000
05 25th Anniv. GSXR-600

Offline Cannibusa

• Rider
    • http://www.mantamachinery.com
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2005, 11:26:27 PM »
Quote from: Cookie
These vid comparos are truly funny.

Did they not see the vid Nick and the boys did with the three different Busas against the 850hp Viper?  :roll:
Yeah, I saw it. The Viper beat the stock 'busa.. what video were you watching? LOL!!!!! (Open mouth, insert foot)
98 Viper GTS, ummm, it's pretty fast. ;-) (car responsible for 37 page thread)

05 Viper, Stock, Black
05 Rd/Blk Busa
06 GSXR-1000
05 25th Anniv. GSXR-600

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2005, 11:35:40 PM »
Quote from: CanniBUsa
Quote from: Cookie
These vid comparos are truly funny.

Did they not see the vid Nick and the boys did with the three different Busas against the 850hp Viper?  :roll:
Yeah, I saw it. The Viper beat the stock 'busa.. what video were you watching? LOL!!!!! (Open mouth, insert foot)

Well, it was a 963 rwhp Viper (at least according to Manny), and from a 70 mph roll it couldn't get past the stock Busa until 165 mph.

And it couldn't get past a Busa with just a pipe (no power commander) at all.  :wink:

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
gixxer vs busa
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2005, 11:39:09 PM »
Whats wrong with your ego when you have to go out spend that kind of money just to say you beat a $10,000  bike. You feeel like a real man now I bet . All that accomplished is the equivalent of beating up the neighborhood retard or the local cripple kid .  And if cost wasn't relavent the why do we all go to work everyday and why isn't everyone yourself inculded driving an exotic . It cost more to mod out a car than a bike anyday. You have to spend thousands to get out of a car what you can get out of a stock bike. NO .. .. A STOCK HAYABUSA. :roll:  :roll:  :P  :P
 Wait till I get my turbo damnit I'm going on a fuckin mission . And it ain't a  recon its search and destroy.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2005, 11:48:31 PM »
Tinmann8, I'm all for fast bikes, but I also like fast cars.

He didn't say that cost wasn't relavent, he said it was relative.

Ie: The cost of buying an exotic car might cost someone the same percentage of their income, as the cost of a new sportbike would for someone else.

People can spend their money however they like, we still live in a somewhat free country.

Don't hate, appreciate.  :wink:

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2005, 11:52:14 PM »
Come on guys, the hole cost issue is old, just let it go!  :roll:

Not everyone can like the same stuff, just accept the fact that not everyone wants what you, I, or the next guy wants.....

Lets stick to the facts.....on that day, during that particular run, they beat a bike!  Big whoop, I know I won't loose any sleep over it.....will you?  So they got lucky that time, maybe next time they won't be so fortunate!  :wink:

If you think you can do better, offer up a challenge and let the camera's role for both sides to see!  8)  That's what this is really about, people getting along and having a good time with something they enjoy as performance enthusiasts!
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2005, 11:56:29 PM »
Do I sense a car -vs- bike gathering at the next MOTORHEAD meet in greet!?!?!  :beechug:  :kickass:  :drink:  :moped:  :smokin:
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline bigdaddy

• Rider
    • http://www.suttonspot.com/warrior/
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2005, 12:02:40 AM »
Just a thought... I bet you could by a busa, GSXR1K, Zx12, and turbo all 3 for less than the viper costs.  What the hell's the guys point?  Money buys speed?

Pshhh.

Offline gotbus99

• Rider
Re: 04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2005, 12:14:57 AM »
Quote from: Busa@11K
Quote from: balkanbusa
that viper totlly destroyed the gixxer.good rider on the bike.
on www.viperclub.org the owner is optimistic that theres no steet bike around that can hang with him...anyone??

Maybe no STOCK bike.

Maybe he should try on a Turbo Busa!  :shock: :lol2:

i agree, race something that has the same/comparable amount of mods.  otherwise, it's apple vs. orange.  i bet the 12 sec. turbo mini van can out run a lot of sport cars out there but again, it's comparing apples to oranges.  

if you put enough money on a vehicle, it will go fast so i'm not impress but that's just me.  :)

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2005, 12:19:53 AM »
Quote from: GOT BOOST
... it is much more of an accomplishment making a bike beating car than it is to build a car beating bike.

True ... since all it takes to obtain a car beating bike is to go buy one from the local dealer.  :)

Nobody in their right mind would expect any factory stock car to beat even the 600 sportbikes these days.

It's apples and oranges comparo ... bid time.

But it's fun to see how insane some of these car guys can get, regardless of how much money they put into them to accomplish Busa type performance.

To each his own ... we are all gearheads in the end! :thumb:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline metfanant

• New User!
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2005, 12:21:16 AM »
awwww gee....are there some guys with their panties all in a bunch cuz a car raped a bike...come on...

Offline metfanant

• New User!
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2005, 12:21:35 AM »
awwww gee....are there some guys with their panties all in a bunch cuz a car raped a bike...come on...

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2005, 12:23:36 AM »
uhh, thats definately a rigged race, I owned that bike, at 80 mph the front comes waaaaaaay off the roadway when you punch it, 80 mph is second gear, your comin way up, THAT RACE WAS RIGGED!!!

THAT FUCKER SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMESELF RIGGING A FUCKING RACE TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK GOOD, AND THAT DOOD ON THE GIXXER IS UNEDUCATED, HIS GIXXER WILL NOT CRUSH A BUSA!!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF FREEKIN LAME ASSES!!!

I think I will go down to vegas and rent me a TTviper, then have Doc whoop me on his TLR and tape it, then circulate it on the tiller boards, that shit is so lame  :duh: :shock:

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2005, 12:24:37 AM »
Glad to see you got the right thread there Twisted! :lol2:  Phantom12 was probably wondering WTF you were talking about. :lmao:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.