Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT  (Read 47409 times)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2005, 12:28:26 AM »
Quote from: Busa@11K
Glad to see you got the right thread there Twisted! :lol2:  Phantom12 was probably wondering WTF you were talking about. :lmao:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2005, 12:30:37 AM »
Quote from: Got-Busa?
Do I sense a car -vs- bike gathering at the next MOTORHEAD meet in greet!?!?!  :beechug:  :kickass:  :drink:  :moped:  :smokin:

That would be funny. Perfect exhibition for a "Ultra kit" turbo busa. http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41689

Real funny since weaker T-busa's (425rwhp or so) have hit 240- 250mph so far.  :mrgreen: Maybe Jason would like to bring one of those 1300hp beauties to such a meet? http://www.heffnersperformance.com/twinturbo-package.html

Nice cars either way. Gotta have respect for power/performance like that.  It's just boosted busa's are Devine insanity.  :yes:

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2005, 12:32:57 AM »
Quote from: Busa@11K
Glad to see you got the right thread there Twisted! :lol2:  Phantom12 was probably wondering WTF you were talking about. :lmao:

:lol: He had one of his longwinded responses to Twisted up for a second, he just deleted it before I got a chance to quote him. I think he saw my post, and it dawned on him what had happened.

I feel bad I didn't get it quoted fast enough, it was one of his more inflammatory rants.  :lmao:

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2005, 12:43:21 AM »
How's about racing MY GSXR 1K?! We'll see how that works out for them... "I swear, it's not turbocharged!"
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2005, 12:50:54 AM »
Coldstone1300 wrote:

Real funny since weaker T-busa's (425rwhp or so) have hit 240- 250mph so far.

Actually, the Yancy TurboBusa which had approx. 425 rwhp at the time, has set the highest speed at Maxton with a 256+ mph run, with Lee Shierts riding.
   8)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2005, 01:02:35 AM »
someone needs to find that fucking viper and teach him a lesson with about 5 cameras! what a jackass!!!

Offline Lucifer

• New User!
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2005, 01:12:57 AM »
Just so you guys know, one of those Heffner twin turbo Vipers has turned a 8.75@168mph with the stock 6 speed.  There's no bullshit involved when a car puts down over 1200rwhp/1200rwtq.

Think it's all bullshit?  Head over to www.viperalley.com and call Gary Javo out.

As for the argument about cost vs. performance, get over it.  I'm sure Gary never worried about how he could buy a bike and make it just as fast while saving ~$100,000. Realize that there are people whom don't worry about the cost of things, which in turn makes your argument moot.  :wink:

EDIT:  BTW, it was the bike that called Gary out, not the other way around.

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2005, 01:16:15 AM »
So... um... not gonna race a highly modified 1K then?

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2005, 01:18:45 AM »
Lucifer, I don't doubt the times at all. There are also street legal TurboBusas running low 7's, at over 200 mph. :)

I agree, the cost arguement is lame. See my post earlier in this thread.

Offline Lucifer

• New User!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2005, 01:18:46 AM »
Quote from: TurboGrizz
So... um... not gonna race a highly modified 1K then?

I can't speak for the guy, go call him out.  :roll:

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2005, 01:21:02 AM »
I found the link to this thread over at the viper forum.  I am here to clear up a few things.  First of all, I have tons of respect for bikes.  I had a Busa for a couple of years, and I loved it.  I found out I am more of a car guy than a bike guy, that's all.  As far as all of the internet shit talking, some guys on both sides are just into that, but that is not really my thing.  

I never said anything about being able to outrun any bike in town.  I think some folks have selective vision.  What I said was, Jimmy(the guy with the 1000) said OUT OF ALL OF THE GUYS HE RIDES WITH, there wasn't a bike that would outrun my car.  That's not saying a turbo busa wouldn't outrun me, it's just saying he thinks there isn't a bike in HIS GROUP that will outrun my car.  I have no doubt that there are flocks of modified street bikes out there, and probably right here in town, that will hand me my ass.  I have plenty of respect for bikes with turbos, N20, and big bore kits, as well as, stock bikes for that matter.  

Balkanbusa called me arrogant.  I'm sure if you knew anything about me, you would think differently.  As far as my comment about a 1000 pulling a busa, that info is from Jimmy.  I have known him for years, and he has always been a straight up guy.  If someone has a stock busa and wants to try to outrun him from 70-170, I will set it up, and if he is wrong, I will be happy to report it.

I have seen the vid between supercharged vipers, and big bikes, but there is a big diference between a properly set up TT viper, and a supercharged viper.  There is a ton more power under the curve, and the torque is much higher.

When I said 3rd gear, I meant I was in third.  Jimmy told me he was in second.  As far as the bike coming up, I have never ridden a 1000 so I can't comment, but before the race he filled the tank up to help counter this.

If the bike is an '03 it is my mistake.  I knew it was a new one(the fast one) and I assumed it was an '04.  I don't think there is a performance change between the years, but I'm sure someone will tell me if I am wrong.  The 9.7 sec claim was just a estimate.  I used a stopwatch with the video.  I can't really see where the 150 mark is because the steering wheel is in the way, but I think that's pretty close.(I didn't realize everything was going to be picked over with a fine tooth comb)  

As far as the cost scenario...  everybody likes different things.  If I could afford it, I would buy an enzo, because I like cool cars.  I built this viper because I thought it would be cool to have a car that has the looks of a exotic(IMO) and the performance of a true supercar (even though I have found out that at 180mph I could stand to upgrade my already upgraded brakes!!)  That's what I like.  I won't knock you guys because you are into bikes, but I'm just not into that.  I prefer a car that's just as fast.  So it costs a little money, so be it.

Tinmann,  If you think I built this car just to go outrun a (basically) stock bike, you are flat out wrong.  My buddy thought it would make a cool video to see who would come out on top, so we raced.  Being someone who is into fast things of all types(cars, bikes, boats, planes), I thought the video would be well recieved but maybe I was wrong.

Twisted,  The race was not rigged.  If you want to show me a lesson, find someone with a stock gsxr1000, or 1300 to come race me again.  We will set the cameras up again and then you will have to eat crow.  Lets put $100 on it to make it worth my while(you know since the car will get all dirty again and what not).  Just to make you understand, I am only saying I outran a stock 1000 significantly.(before you come back with "my friend has a turbo busa that will...)

So here's the bottom line.  I have plenty of respect for fast bikes, and I am not pretending to be the fastest thing on the block.  I know there are plenty of bikes and cars that will outrun my car.  What I am saying, is that this car, in street trim will and has significantly outran a stock gsxr1000 from 80 to 160 or so.  I think for a true no compromise street car, it pulls pretty hard.  I would have thought most of you guys would respect that...

If anyone wants to take me up on a rematch for $100 just let me know. (not a challenge, just an answer)

Sorry for the long post.
2002 Heffner TT-Viper "Big Red" (1101rwhp on 93 Octane)
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2005, 01:23:32 AM »
Good post man, well written, and honest. Good man. Mad props.

O, and I wish I had the green to buy myself a crazy over-powered Viper too, but for now, I'll stick with the crazy overpowered GSXR 1K.

Grizz

Offline Lucifer

• New User!
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2005, 01:23:41 AM »
Quote from: 02SE
Lucifer, I don't doubt the times at all. There are also street legal TurboBusas running low 7's, at over 200 mph. :)

I agree, the cost arguement is lame. See my post earlier in this thread.

It's cool, I'm just posting relivent information.  There is no reason for the members of this forum to shit themselves silly just because a car beat a bike.  There wasn't any bullshit in the video, it was pretty straight forward.  Gary isn't the type to make a false video, if he had, don't you think he'd be the one spreading the link all over the net?  He posted it on both Viper forums and left it at that.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2005, 01:27:49 AM »
Don't misunderstand me, I think it's great. I don't have a problem with people enjoying their bikes, cars, boats, whatever, it's all good as far as I'm concerned.  8)

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2005, 01:28:34 AM »
Thanks grizz. :beechug:

How much power does the supercharged 1000 make?  I have never heard of that.
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2005, 01:31:20 AM »
Coldstone1300 wrote:

Real funny since weaker T-busa's (425rwhp or so) have hit 240- 250mph so far.

Actually, the Yancy TurboBusa which had approx. 425 rwhp at the time, has set the highest speed at Maxton with a 256+ mph run, with Lee Shierts riding.
   8)

You wouldn't catch me going that fast on a bike.  That's one of the reasons I sold my Busa.  I took it to an indicated 205(probably more like 185) one day.  I said I needed to sell that damn thing before I killed myself.
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2005, 02:07:36 AM »
Quote from: Jason Heffner
Quote from: Blur
First of all that is a 03 1000 not a 04. Just a point. Who knows what else they got wrong.....

The 1000 was in the wrong gear. You could tell from the way the bike accelerated.

I have a hard time believing that car went 150mph in 9.7 seconds.

I would love to have the chance to race him just so he can see what a 1000 can do. Any TTs out there.

:D

You know, that's one thing you can always count on from guys on bikes that get beat by cars.......excuses. What exactly makes it so hard to believe that this car could accelerate from 0 to 150 in 9.7 seconds? One of our most recent cars to come out has trapped 168 in the quarter mile in 8.75 seconds. Is there perhaps anyone in Maryland with a turbo 'busa that wants to try out a Viper? We have to be sure to set up an excuse proof race though. The bike should definitely have an air shifter, an extended swing arm would be nice too, I wouldn't want to hear the old wheelie excuse. While we're at it I think the bike should also get the break, wouldn't want to hear the "I wasn't ready" or the ever so popular "I was in the wrong gear" excuse. Now don't you guys go gettin' all in an uproar, I'm just havin' a little fun here but seriously. If anyone close by wants to try out one of the TT Vipers feel free to call me at 410 766 2800 and we'll set something up.

Is there one of those beasts of yours in Southern California??
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2005, 02:10:47 AM »
Quote from: CanniBUsa
Quote from: Cookie
These vid comparos are truly funny.

Did they not see the vid Nick and the boys did with the three different Busas against the 850hp Viper?  :roll:
Yeah, I saw it. The Viper beat the stock 'busa.. what video were you watching? LOL!!!!! (Open mouth, insert foot)

Well, it was a 963 rwhp Viper (at least according to Manny), and from a 70 mph roll it couldn't get past the stock Busa until 165 mph.

And it couldn't get past a Busa with just a pipe (no power commander) at all.  :wink:

I was on that stocker!! :D   Fast fucking car!!! (after 160mph) :lol:  :wink:
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2005, 02:17:43 AM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno
Quote from: CanniBUsa
Quote from: Cookie
These vid comparos are truly funny.

Did they not see the vid Nick and the boys did with the three different Busas against the 850hp Viper?  :roll:
Yeah, I saw it. The Viper beat the stock 'busa.. what video were you watching? LOL!!!!! (Open mouth, insert foot)

Well, it was a 963 rwhp Viper (at least according to Manny), and from a 70 mph roll it couldn't get past the stock Busa until 165 mph.

And it couldn't get past a Busa with just a pipe (no power commander) at all.  :wink:

I was on that stocker!! :D   Fast fucking car!!! (after 160mph) :lol:

:wink:

I know Dan.  :D

Just didn't name names in case you wanted to keep a low profile. Those speed runs in Mexico could draw a lot of attention.  :wink:

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2005, 02:36:20 AM »
Quote from: GARY JAVO
Thanks grizz. :beechug:

How much power does the supercharged 1000 make?  I have never heard of that.

It's one of only 2 that I know of, the other belongs to Richard at TTS. Check out the TurboForum for tons of info. It made 231 hp on the dyno. Hoping to make more hp on gas once I lower the compression in the coming weeks.

Grizz

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2005, 02:44:03 AM »

8)

Heehee Very True. What's funny, besides the fact it did this in one mile starting from a dead stop, is that it's a stock frame/wheelbase bike too. Kinda a "Average" configuration compared to some T-busa's running around the streets now.  :yes:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2005, 04:00:42 AM »
ehm,guys,that gsxr rider in that vid really mentioned that even heavy modded bikes that he knows couldnt touch that viper.no wheelie in second gear on a 1000?sounds fishy,dont wanted to call BS on that one,but that whole thing seems a little suspect 8)
if one is BSithing there,its not the viper owner,it see bike rider.
at the end,its all for fun.the viperguy allready agreed that a modded busa will flat out accelerate him.
i dont know that guy,but it looks like he will for suer set up a race.honest guy,cool.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2005, 05:02:58 AM »
Quote from: GARY JAVO

Twisted,  The race was not rigged.  If you want to show me a lesson, find someone with a stock gsxr1000, or 1300 to come race me again.  We will set the cameras up again and then you will have to eat crow.  Lets put $100 on it to make it worth my while(you know since the car will get all dirty again and what not).  Just to make you understand, I am only saying I outran a stock 1000 significantly.(before you come back with "my friend has a turbo busa that will...)

first of all from what I saw you didnt significantly outrun anyone? you raced from 80 to what? better rewind the tape? your boy jimmy CANT ride, I have done plenty of roll ons from 70 and 80 and one thing is for sure, full tank or not that gixxer WILL come up in second and you can go to gixxer.com to verify that, all you need to do is lay on the tank and control it, your boy didnt even look like he was getting on it, because I will tell you another thing when you hit 3rd and whack it the front gets real light and sometimes lifts, your boy had nothing like it going on with his gixxer.

if it wasnt rigged, sorry to say but you were racing a duck, a good rider and you wont have it that easy, I also have to question the start as well, looked like you may have started a little before him?

either way you prolly wanna get a few more camera angles and a few more riders under your belt before you start bragging about a SIGNIFICANT win?

lemme get a bike and I'll be your huckleberry...

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2005, 05:34:12 AM »
and to call THAT judgement day is way of.no way the viper walked him that bad if he would be real on it(the 1000).
we all remember that dlm viper,wich has about the same power as this TTviper and was like dead even with a stock busa,the piped busa already pretty walked that dlm viper..
why they didnt race from a dig,or at least from a first gear roll on.somehow i think the gixxer wouldnt come up even in first with that rider. :x
didnt want to run my mouth,but that looked like a 3rd gear rollon of BOTH to me.that viper has to run at least low9s.at least.if thats all true.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2005, 05:37:24 AM »
oh,and somewhere i found that:
hayabusa 0-155mph:11.5second.stock,btw
not offending the viperguy,but he has to race a good rider on a modded busa yet,and THEN we wil see.
a rider that goes wot,btw.and from a dig,of course.