Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT  (Read 47429 times)

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
04 1000gsxr absolutely RAPED by TTviper.CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2005, 06:26:02 AM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno
Quote from: Jason Heffner
Quote from: Blur
First of all that is a 03 1000 not a 04. Just a point. Who knows what else they got wrong.....

The 1000 was in the wrong gear. You could tell from the way the bike accelerated.

I have a hard time believing that car went 150mph in 9.7 seconds.

I would love to have the chance to race him just so he can see what a 1000 can do. Any TTs out there.

:D

You know, that's one thing you can always count on from guys on bikes that get beat by cars.......excuses. What exactly makes it so hard to believe that this car could accelerate from 0 to 150 in 9.7 seconds? One of our most recent cars to come out has trapped 168 in the quarter mile in 8.75 seconds. Is there perhaps anyone in Maryland with a turbo 'busa that wants to try out a Viper? We have to be sure to set up an excuse proof race though. The bike should definitely have an air shifter, an extended swing arm would be nice too, I wouldn't want to hear the old wheelie excuse. While we're at it I think the bike should also get the break, wouldn't want to hear the "I wasn't ready" or the ever so popular "I was in the wrong gear" excuse. Now don't you guys go gettin' all in an uproar, I'm just havin' a little fun here but seriously. If anyone close by wants to try out one of the TT Vipers feel free to call me at 410 766 2800 and we'll set something up.

Is there one of those beasts of yours in Southern California??

I find it hard to believe because in his own video its around 11 seconds and he doesnt reach 150 indicated. He also said in a response that he wasnt trying to be exact so that is fine with me. I have no reason to doubt that you have a car that went 8.75 seconds. It happens everyday. My point was that it wasnt that car in that video.

Gary you have a nice car and congrats on the win. If your ever in S. Florida having some fun in the sun let me know. We can have some fun at the track or on one of those closed highways. :D

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2005, 06:53:13 AM »
I still don't get the fascination some people have with comparing a heavily modified car to a stock bike, or a modded bike for that matter.  It is and will always be an apples to oranges comparison, IMHO.

I guess it's entertaining to make comparisons, but I don't see the point of getting all up in arms about it.  A car is a car, and a bike is a bike.  The two have very different characteristics, and can't be compared, other than terms of pure acceleration (and yes, I do realize that's what's being compared in this particular post).  

I've had some pretty fast cars, but the feeling of riding my busa is unlike any thrill I ever saw in any of my cars.  I could care less if someone's highly modified car can beat me from a 70-170mph roll-on or whatever.

It reminds me of my buddy who has a 1200cc turbo Honda jet-ski, who says he could outrun me up to his top speed if I lined up on a bridge while he was underneath in the water.  Who fucking cares?  :roll:

Do what you want to do, and enjoy what you do.  I don't care who's car can outrun my bike.

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2005, 08:44:11 AM »
if this is the same video I saw on another board...........

this guy is dreaming thinking it runs 0-150 in 9.7 seconds.

If I had $150K+++++ in a car it damn sure better out run a $10k bike.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2005, 08:55:49 AM »
Quote from: Jason Heffner
Quote from: Blur
What exactly makes it so hard to believe that this car could accelerate from 0 to 150 in 9.7 seconds? One of our most recent cars to come out has trapped 168 in the quarter mile in 8.75 seconds.

the car in that video as it sits in that video WILL NOT GO 0-150 IN 9.7 SECONDS.  It MAY run a 10.7second 1/4 MAYBE(but I doubt it)....probably 11.5 as it sits(pump gas,street tires, etc as video exclaims)  Its just silly to put that in the video, kills the credibility.  Fast car, nice car....just not a 9 second "in car" pass like the video wants the ricers to believe.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline viperman

• Rider
Come on guys
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2005, 09:50:50 AM »
Yes that Viper can do 0-150 in 9.7.  Why wouldn't it.  A stock one can hit 110 in that amount of time.  With over double the horsepower, there is no reason it can't.  In addition, that car is quite a bit faster than the 11.5 you stated.  A stocker can match that on a good day.  That car is capable of low 10s on street tires and mid 9s on drag slicks.  And quit comparing it to that DLM car.  It is very much superior.  More power, more torque, and a much larger spread on the torque easily make this car far superior.  I would imagine that this can match any Hayabusa without power adders. If you want to go that route, then compate it to Chad's Viper, or Paolo, or SVSi's TTRS.  All of these will give you a run for your money and have about 2000 HP give or take.  Those bikes that are called Hayabusa's and bear a similar resemblace can go play with the 7.1 second tube frame F-bodies that are out there.

Offline gabusa

• Post Master
  • REVENGE IS MINE
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2005, 10:32:59 AM »
im not gonna bash the car. it is an awesome car and thanks for posting the video.  anyone who invests in making their bike, car or whatever kick ass has my respect.

Offline fastlif

• Rider
Re: Come on guys
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »
Quote from: viperman
Yes that Viper can do 0-150 in 9.7.  Why wouldn't it.  A stock one can hit 110 in that amount of time.  With over double the horsepower, there is no reason it can't.  In addition, that car is quite a bit faster than the 11.5 you stated.  A stocker can match that on a good day.  That car is capable of low 10s on street tires and mid 9s on drag slicks.  And quit comparing it to that DLM car.  It is very much superior.  More power, more torque, and a much larger spread on the torque easily make this car far superior.  I would imagine that this can match any Hayabusa without power adders. If you want to go that route, then compate it to Chad's Viper, or Paolo, or SVSi's TTRS.  All of these will give you a run for your money and have about 2000 HP give or take.  Those bikes that are called Hayabusa's and bear a similar resemblace can go play with the 7.1 second tube frame F-bodies that are out there.

show me a 9.7 on street tires(the ones in the video, 18" or so no drag radial) and pump gas video and I will send you x amount of $$, you name the bet.  Sure it has the hp but I would bet you a stock viper could beat that high hp car on street tires.

I'm not saying the Viper isnt fast...but to race a stock bike and bragg is stupid.  Atleast top end it is.

I just sold a 9 second ls1 SS so I know what it takes to go 9's and it isn't just hp.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline bartzx9r

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2005, 10:52:13 AM »
this is from car and driver magazines test of an 800 hp viper.
 notice the 1/4 mile time and mph with less hp than the viper in question in this thread.
2004 hennessey venom twin turbo viper

of the 5 runs
the average 1/4 mile time was 11.14 seconds
the average mph speed was 140.60

Run #    1    2    3    4    5
0-60 mph, sec    4.02/    3.66 /   3.85 /   3.53 /   3.57/
0-100 mph, sec    7.08/    6.63 /   6.95 /   6.50 /   6.53/
1/4-mile time ET, sec      11.37/    11.09 /   11.31/    10.96/    11.01/
1/4-mile time TS, mph    138.80/    140.70/    139.20/    142.50    142.20
Time to entrance of road course, sec    17.10    17.65    17.85    17.25    17.20
100-150, sec    10.61    7.50    7.71    DNF    6.90
150-0, feet    706.48    705.40    726.49    DNF    728.74
150-0, sec    6.55    6.58    6.84    DNF    6.80
Vmax, mph    157.30    150.90    150.70    144.80    150.90
Road-course time, sec    52.65    47.80    48.00    47.70    47.55
5-sec penalties    1    0    1    0    0
Official time*, sec    104.75    92.20    98.55    DNF    92.45

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?article_id=8745&section_id=15&page_number=3

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2005, 10:53:01 AM »
oh and how many 800-1000 hp supras out there run 11's???? (had one of those too)

a 6 speed viper on street tires will be VERY hard to get in the 9's PERIOD.

put some tires and preferably an auto trans and it will easy.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline H2Ocaver

• Rider
Re: gixxer vs busa
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2005, 10:55:14 AM »
Quote from: tinmann8
just to say you beat a $10,000  bike. You feeel like a real man now I bet . All that accomplished is the equivalent of beating up the neighborhood retard or the local cripple kid .  

I think we just got called retarded...????

Comparisons should be mod for mod, not $, Costs are different from bike  to bike, let alone car to bike.
In the video we didn't get to see the surge of the take off in the first race, and on the second race the bike didn't surge at all. He wasn't even tucked in by the time the viper started. I don't know about how you guys race but when I start out at speed, I still run the revs up and dump it-enuff to kick the bike in the ass, but not enuff to wheelie. I didn't see that in the video. Also, the guy says the 1k will beat the busa, he said that with confidence. I would hessitate to say that about any liter+ bike before I knew the details. I have a feeling the bike dude was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Humility is a much better starting point in racing, it makes loses less distasteful and victories more fullfilling.
The Viper is a nice car, very nice in fact. Personally I feel that if someone could drive a stick shift they could pilot that car to beat alot of things on the road. But a bike requires so much more skill to opereate from the time the stand goes up, not every road jockey can operate a bike at speed but cars, IMO, have the 2 extra wheels for a reason, they are training wheels.-EZ

Offline 1TONY1

• Rider
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: fastlif
Sure it has the hp but I would bet you a stock viper could beat that high hp car on street tires.

You were doing so good until you said that. I will take that bet. That's like saying a stock f-body could have beaten your 9 second f-body.
Worlds quickest Viper driver.
2005 Busa.....bone stock

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2005, 11:24:06 AM »
Quote from: 1TONY1
Sure it has the hp but I would bet you a stock viper could beat that high hp car on street tires.

You were doing so good until you said that. I will take that bet. That's like saying a stock f-body could have beaten your 9 second f-body.

yea my 9 second f-body would be hard pressed to run 12's on 18" street tires.  Let's see what you run at a track as the car sits in that video.  You will probably cry.  I'm not bashing you or the car...its just the truth.  Alot of guys have hp and never see a track yet claim, 9 , 10, 11 second etc.

Yea maybe saying stock is taking it a bit far but not far off.

get a timeslip and video and I'll believe it.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline viperman

• Rider
V-10 nationals
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2005, 11:26:19 AM »
Fastest time this year at V-10 nationals on stock tires was a 10.2 I believe with a supercharged Viper with about the same power.  The car and driver venue was incredibly slippery.  Most of those cars performed slower than their stock counterparts.  In years past, even on street tires, the modded cars were always significantly faster.  Gary is setting up another run to shut you idiots up.  The proof of 9.7 is in the vid and in an instrumented test of a similarly powered car- the Hennessy Venom 1000.  Less power, but hit 152 in the quarter in 9.72 seconds.  On cheater slicks, so the launch was better, but Javo's car has more top end.  Only an idiot with no concept of power would say that is imposible.  No gary did not tamper with the speedometer.  If he wanted the car to go faster, he would have had Heffner build a faster car.  These viper owners are not in the ricer crowd and therefore do not have to bullsh*t everything they do to impress others.  Oh, and a 1000 HP Supra cannot run 10s.  Everybody knows Supras are roll-on kings.  They cannot launch for shit.  They have a peaky powerband with less under the curve.  One can launch a Viper TT smoothly.   In a Supra you have 200 Ib/ft or 800 and nothing in between.  I guarantee this Viper does the quarter in the 10s on street tires.  Absolutely no question.  I don't care about a 9 second vette or Supra.  I know Vipers.  I have followed the car and its development since before it was released and know its inherent characteristics.  There are 8 second transams that only have 700 ish HP.  Don't believe me, check out some drag racing schools that have them.  Sure they are lighter and are running slicks, but they have no where near the power and are running 2 seconds faster than what I am saying.  It isn't that hard to believe.

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2005, 11:32:33 AM »
no idiot here, I SAID THE CAR IN THAT VIDEO COULD NOT MAKE A 9.7 150MPH RUN PERIOD.  NOT AS IT SITS NOT THE "IN CAR" VIDEO AS SHOWN.  If the "in car" video is of another car, yes its possible.  ONE MORE TIME, THE CAR IN THE VIDEO WITH STREET TIRES PUMP GAS AND WHATEVER BLA BLA BLA IT SAYS AT THE BEGINNING WILL NOT GO 9'S IN THE 1/4 AT ANY MPH AS IT SITS.

Thankyou I am done.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
and BTW: and 10.2 is a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG way from a 9.7.

and 15-16" drag radials will greatly help no doubt..I know of lots of cars in the 9's on drag radials, I am saying on the 18" street tires as the video exclaims.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2005, 11:40:55 AM »
I understand what fastlif is saying and I think he's right!  In the 1/4-mile from a dead stop, no way is that car running close to those times on 18"/19" wheels and tires!  :no:  

But since this race is from a role, it kind of takes out that factor.  So the claim by the Viper crew is with.....cheater slicks....etc....the car has the potential to run in the 9's or 8's!  Once again, not relevent to this race or thread!  :no:
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline 1TONY1

• Rider
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2005, 11:41:03 AM »
Quote from: 1TONY1

yea my 9 second f-body would be hard pressed to run 12's on 18" street tires.  Let's see what you run at a track as the car sits in that video.  You will probably cry.  I'm not bashing you or the car...its just the truth.  Alot of guys have hp and never see a track yet claim, 9 , 10, 11 second etc.

Yea maybe saying stock is taking it a bit far but not far off.

get a timeslip and video and I'll believe it.

Gary admitted the video of the 150 run was an estimate because he couldn't even see the speedo. I even went and looked at my speedo after watching his video multiple times last night......it was closer to 150 than I thought just by watching the video. That said....the street tire record.....meaning Michelin only, is a 10.43 on a track. That is with a nitrous car. I am in the 10.50's on that tire and in the nines on et streets. My car and the record nitrous car do not make the power Garys car makes...but yes, tires are equalizers. Garys car driven correctly is an easy mid ten car on a track with true radials. Why is everybody so upset...he wasn't even racing a Busa ?
Worlds quickest Viper driver.
2005 Busa.....bone stock

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2005, 11:43:11 AM »
fastlif is damn right
ive seen several magazine tests with high horsepower cars.
these tests always have name like 10000hp shootout,cant remember the name of the mag,but its a us mag.
all cars with street tires.only street tires allowed.
one contender was a henepissy,oops,henessey TTviper with 800+hp.
at BEST they only ran like mid 11s@140+mph
and THAT is a loooong way to 9.7at150.
i will find that test and post all the 1/4mile times.
on street tires 9.7s wont happen.never.

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2005, 11:45:10 AM »
Imnot upset, if you look back at my original post all I said was that comment killed the crediblity of the video.  It does give it a "ricer" feel to claim that...... 9 second 1/4's are are HUGE accomplishment same thing for 0-150.
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2005, 11:48:08 AM »
Quote from: balkanbusa

on street tires 9.7s wont happen.never.

it could happen with a auto trans and drag radials"street tires"
myspace.com/fastlif

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2005, 11:53:05 AM »
ok,got it.
its a car and driver article.
03 it was called the 10000hp shootout.
04 10000hp slugfest.
henessey TT srt10
100-150mph best:6,9s
1/4mile:11.0@143(best of an whole test day)
that equals 0-150time of about something between 13and15seconds
stock busa 0-150:11.5sec

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2005, 11:54:01 AM »
Any of you Viper guys do 1-mile racing?

What will a similar car run 0-1 mile?  Time/MPH?
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2005, 11:54:58 AM »
:roll:

Offline 97Turbo

• Apprentice Post Whore
Re: V-10 nationals
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2005, 11:59:22 AM »
Quote from: viperman
Oh, and a 1000 HP Supra cannot run 10s.  Everybody knows Supras are roll-on kings.  They cannot launch for shit.  They have a peaky powerband with less under the curve.  One can launch a Viper TT smoothly.   In a Supra you have 200 Ib/ft or 800 and nothing in between.  

My Supra has quite a bit less than 1000hp and I have many 10 second timeslips.  

I ran and beat a stock '01 GSXR1000 ridden by Rob Kelly.  It was fun and he's a really cool guy.  He posted about it and no body made a big crap storm like this.  I don't understand why all you bike guys get so hurt when a car beats a bike.  It is a rare occasion, but it does happen every now and then.

Offline fastlif

• Rider
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2005, 12:05:15 PM »
I don't think anyone here is real upset by losing to a car, I am a car guy first and bikes second.  I would have never taken that bet ...just shows you the guy on the gsxr is a rookie.  I personally would never boast like the viper people about beating a stock bike(whoopdedoo)  I don't think the guy who made the video is doing that , its others.

put them on a drag strip and its a different race.

..or if you really want to make bike guys cry put them on a road course(non pro rider)
myspace.com/fastlif