Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 200HP GSXR 1000?? Need Input Please  (Read 10741 times)

Offline No Skills

• Rider
200HP GSXR 1000?? Need Input Please
« on: February 24, 2005, 12:16:44 AM »
Hey guys...how easy/hard would it be to get 200HP (or close to)out of a 2004 GSXR 1000?  I'm not talking using a turbo, I was looking at only motor, no turbos or NOS.  If it is possible....who would you guys suggest I bring it to?  I know Dennis used to have a GSXR 1000, how about it Dennis?  Any ideas??

Thanks guys
"First You Want To Kill Me, Now You Want To Kiss Me....  Blow!"

Offline ZX12richard

• Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 12:22:52 AM »
I know Billy Etheridge who used to race for Suzuki of Canton told me a couple years ago his roadrace 1000 was making 196... I think he is in the Atlanta area..... I am sure 200 could be done...

I also think Jim Cambora told me he made 200hp also.. He's in TX area...

Haven't seen either for a couple years....

If Motorhead can't help you I can prolly get numbers for these two..

Motorheads site he should have first crack...
Two bottles no waiting...

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:27:18 AM »
If Dennis isn't interested, Lee Shierts could probably help you out.

http://www.leesperformance.com

suzuki4life

Re: 200HP GSXR 1000?? Need Input Please
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 01:01:37 AM »
Quote from: No Skills
Hey guys...how easy/hard would it be to get 200HP (or close to)out of a 2004 GSXR 1000?  I'm not talking using a turbo, I was looking at only motor, no turbos or NOS.  If it is possible....who would you guys suggest I bring it to?  I know Dennis used to have a GSXR 1000, how about it Dennis?  Any ideas??

Thanks guys

180 hp+ is more realistic and believe it or not pretty insane ride on such a light bike. Remember How light the 1K already is, step it up to a full ti exhaust and its actually LIGHTER than a stock 600.  :shock:  

To do 180 hp
2 mil overbore
shaved head
cleaned up exhaust ports
Yosh cams (hotter cams could be used)
good exhaust
power commander
good tuning.

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »
No turbo charger, eh? Not a problem! Supercharger is very linear - very much so like normal, just the acceleration is far quicker. Drop me a line if you're interested. 231 hp!
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Offline busabusa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »
Lee Shierts is definitely the man to tell u that answer 704-599-1507

Offline busabusa

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 01:48:27 PM »
Leesperformance.com

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 03:25:23 PM »
Quote from: TurboGrizz
No turbo charger, eh? Not a problem! Supercharger is very linear - very much so like normal, just the acceleration is far quicker. Drop me a line if you're interested. 231 hp!

:lol: :lol:

I ride a turbo 1k.  The problem with a 200 hp NA 1000 motor is that it probably will be short lived, and all the power will be up at top.

I would look into forced induction whether it be turbo or a supercharger.

-Wicked
Quote from: 02SE
I nominate "Wickedspeed" (Paul) as the official SH.org mascot.  :D

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 03:28:55 PM »
GHETTO TURBO
220-240 HP
ALL MOTOR ITS POSSIBLE BUT USIN FUNNY FUEL AND NOT CHEAP EITHER

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 08:46:17 PM »
Got 192 out of mine on pump gas!  3 mil je,freedom motor sports ported head, carillo,falicon crank, billet clutch basket,yosh cotters ,600 gsxr valve springs, the big yosh cams,akro ex,remove the upper blades in the tb, 13,500 yosh ecu! 98fb of tq  lifts the front wheel at 5 grand awsome midrange. Project was expensive but done right!  I am very happy camper! it was all worth it by the look on the owners face of my first zx 1000 victim!

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 01:20:40 AM »
Quote from: moregpz
Got 192 out of mine on pump gas!  3 mil je,freedom motor sports ported head, carillo,falicon crank, billet clutch basket,yosh cotters ,600 gsxr valve springs, the big yosh cams,akro ex,remove the upper blades in the tb, 13,500 yosh ecu! 98fb of tq  lifts the front wheel at 5 grand awsome midrange. Project was expensive but done right!

Cripes.  That's a lotta work and things.

Mine was much easier.  Turbo and heavier duty springs. Over 25 more hp too.   :D

My two biggest gripes with my turbo bike are:  

1)  Lack of instant throttle response.  Throttle responses are now muted.  There's no more 'snap" and makes riding perfectly balanced throttle wheelies beyond even my reach.  

2) Front wheel clearance issues.  Had to have front end raised back up all the way and the suspension maxed out.  It doesn't want to corner anymore like this and when I force it to, the front wants to wash out.  This is an oddity though, I've seen Velocity's dragstrip 1k bike which supposedly has the exact same set-up completely slammed without any clearance issues.  Go figure.  :?

I'd still do it all over again.  That's how good it is.

-Wicked

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 03:01:47 AM »
Quote from: WickedSpeed
Got 192 out of mine on pump gas!  3 mil je,freedom motor sports ported head, carillo,falicon crank, billet clutch basket,yosh cotters ,600 gsxr valve springs, the big yosh cams,akro ex,remove the upper blades in the tb, 13,500 yosh ecu! 98fb of tq  lifts the front wheel at 5 grand awsome midrange. Project was expensive but done right!

Cripes.  That's a lotta work and things.

Mine was much easier.  Turbo and heavier duty springs. Over 25 more hp too.   :D

My two biggest gripes with my turbo bike are:  

1)  Lack of instant throttle response.  Throttle responses are now muted.  There's no more 'snap" and makes riding perfectly balanced throttle wheelies beyond even my reach.  

2) Front wheel clearance issues.  Had to have front end raised back up all the way and the suspension maxed out.  It doesn't want to corner anymore like this and when I force it to, the front wants to wash out.  This is an oddity though, I've seen Velocity's dragstrip 1k bike which supposedly has the exact same set-up completely slammed without any clearance issues.  Go figure.  :?

I'd still do it all over again.  That's how good it is.

-Wicked

You bringing that down next week?
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 09:52:24 AM »
No, I will most likely be riding two-up on the '99 black/silver 'busa.  Have not ridden in over a year too.  Working on getting it street legal and sorting out problems  (loss of electrical power, then PCII crapped out yesterday, fresh tires yesterday, oil change/filter the day before, got a rear turn signal to work again, sprayed chain lube all over the bike  :oops: , etc).

If it isn't completely together and ready, I will be borrowing Bandit Man's SV1000 once I get down there in a cage.

Besides I'm still waiting for the passenger seat for the 1k to be mailed by FastGixx after these years...  :evil:

Is it gonna stop raining in So-Cal for my birthday?

-Wicked

Offline DarkFalcon

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 10:25:12 AM »
Got 192 out of mine on pump gas!  3 mil je,freedom motor sports ported head, carillo,falicon crank, billet clutch basket,yosh cotters ,600 gsxr valve springs, the big yosh cams,akro ex,remove the upper blades in the tb, 13,500 yosh ecu! 98fb of tq  lifts the front wheel at 5 grand awsome midrange. Project was expensive but done right!  I am very happy camper! it was all worth it by the look on the owners face of my first zx 1000 victim!

Looks like the right mix of goodies. I don't know who did your work but I would turn to several builders before talking to Lee.

Offline BiggerDanno

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • HOW FAST IS FAST?
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2005, 01:24:16 PM »
Quote from: WickedSpeed
No, I will most likely be riding two-up on the '99 black/silver 'busa.  Have not ridden in over a year too.  Working on getting it street legal and sorting out problems  (loss of electrical power, then PCII crapped out yesterday, fresh tires yesterday, oil change/filter the day before, got a rear turn signal to work again, sprayed chain lube all over the bike  :oops: , etc).

If it isn't completely together and ready, I will be borrowing Bandit Man's SV1000 once I get down there in a cage.

Besides I'm still waiting for the passenger seat for the 1k to be mailed by FastGixx after these years...  :evil:

Is it gonna stop raining in So-Cal for my birthday?

-Wicked

It's been sunny the last few days, hoping it remains so.

Do you ever run out of problems on your bikes?? :shock:

Looking forward to seeing you again! :thumb:  :beechug:

Give Fastgixx a call...
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Too much power is addictive!!!

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2005, 04:08:08 PM »
Quote from: BiggerDanno

Do you ever run out of problems on your bikes?? :shock:

:lol:  Never.  In fact I think I'll start a new post about my latest problem yesterday...  :x

-Wicked

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 05:41:15 PM »
Darkfalcon,  The work was done by Brighton Superbike! I highly recommend them for all engine build projects in the Detroit area! James does an excellent job. His prices and expected results have always been right on target! I can't imagine anyone being able to use more than 200 hp on a stock wheelbase bike! Lee was not a candidate because he did not recommend rods and did not offer CNC porting.

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 06:33:57 PM »
I can't imagine anyone being able to use more than 200 hp on a stock wheelbase bike!

Well, start imagining it.  It's really easy, you just back off on the throttle when the front wheel rises.  After 4th gear, it's usually not a problem.  Usually.   :D

-Wicked

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 06:40:44 PM »
WickedSpeed - Backing off means unusable horspower dosen't it? :roll:

Offline WickedSpeed

• Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005, 07:01:20 PM »
Not really. I find myself able to wring the throttle to the stop in every gear no problem.   Just go and grab the next gear as soon as the front lifts.  If the front wheel touches the pavement under acceleration, then I'm not putting enough power to the rear wheel.  Unless I'm showboating.

WHEN I can't hit the throtte stop without getting spit off, then I will say "Too much power."  Until then...  More, more and more!  :D

I hope there's a 500+ hp stock chasis daily driver busa in my future.  Even then, I don't think it would be too much.

-Wicked