Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ((PHANTOM 12 / BUSA REMATCH))  (Read 17714 times)

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
((PHANTOM 12 / BUSA REMATCH))
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005, 08:56:25 AM »
Where in south Florida do you guys do this at?

I'm sure I'd suck at it, but it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.  I don't really get the chance to run my bike up to those speeds around here (especially not legally), although right now it's geared more for the 1/4 mile, it would still be a blast!  :D

Offline alcindus

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2005, 10:07:20 AM »
Yes that is my seat that says busa killer.I wouldnt put such a bold statement on my bike if I couldnt back It up !!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont get too bent out of shape about It. eveyone knows the ninja eater
 just  be nice guys, when you see my bike. please dont kick it over. LOL
busa killer

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »
This just sounds like so much fun. I wish there was a 9/10's out here in the west, but in SoCal there are we're slowing losing our tracks for 1/8 and 1/4 mile due to increasingly high demand for real estate.

I envy you guys, if I was there I'd be out there every weekend. And post videos, I don't care who wins what because there will always be someone faster or a mistake is made or any of the thousand things that can go wrong.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Ahab

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2005, 11:11:29 AM »
I dont talk smalk bout racing, cause I dont race, but I think its admirable that Phantom continues to show up, chin high, to race. regardless of what gets posted here, it says alot about BOTH parties.....That these races continue with good vibes.  :wink:

Offline Cecil_Stringer

• Post Master
  • Velocity Powered
    • http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cstringer/
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 11:18:56 AM »
Semper Fi,
Cecil out...

suzuki4life

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 11:20:03 AM »
Phantom12: you've been bitched slapped twice now but yet you continue with excuses and shitty little pokes at "bench racers". Shut up and take your place. You've had BUSAS (plural) step up and shut you down. Accept facts and close your yap.

Offline Uglyoldrider

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 12:17:41 PM »
Good job on the good times Phantom12. Don't let the keyboard racers get you down. These are the same kind of guys I see every friday night, talking about how good they are in front of Macdonald's, instead of out on the roads showing me. Up here we call them curb monkeys.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 12:57:31 PM »
Quote from: Phantom12
In any case, my point is that most if not ALL the busa's that I've ran and beaten are PROPERLY tuned... just not super fine tuned via ICEMAN's expertise. In any event, my bike is FAR from being super fine tuned. Hell, I don't even have a PROPER remap for my current set-up. I did an A/F ratio pull on the dyno and it was far from great...."so-so" at best.

So stop using this as an excuse and go take care of it. :duh:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 01:07:20 PM »
Quote from: Mospeada
This just sounds like so much fun. I wish there was a 9/10's out here in the west, but in SoCal there are we're slowing losing our tracks for 1/8 and 1/4 mile due to increasingly high demand for real estate.

You can make and sponsor your own "9/10s Track" ... just find the right road(s).  :P
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
Don't start that or he will come back and offer four pages of excuses! :lol:[/quote]uote="oilheadron"]So

Amen

:beechug:  :lmao:

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 02:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Busa@11K

You can make and sponsor your own "9/10s Track" ... just find the right road(s).  :P

YOU BOYS LIKE MEEEXICO?!? WEEEEEEEHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 09:12:19 PM »

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2005, 02:15:55 AM »
Quote from: Phantom12

GND111- As ICE stated, going from a dead stop from a full mile would certainly yeild higher MPH. Again, you obviously don't know what you're talking about and you're showing your knowledge (or lack of) on the subject. Again, don't be suprised if you make a 9/10th's run and you don't go as fast as you thought you would. Most people run 10mph slower than they "Think" they'll run on their first time.

I thought I was going to run 190mph in the 9/10th's my first day out there.... sadly enough I was running 174mph.... consistantly!! Lot's of practice and tuning later... I'm running 185-188mph with no motorwork or major changes. As it stands, my bike is still not even close to being 100% tuned and I've still got a lot of riding skill improvement to do... and there are a few mods I have yet to do (while still keeping a stock motor). I wouldn't be suprised if in a couple months I'm running 190mph with MY big ass on it.... no nitrous.

Ask ICEMAN, we've all seen plenty of guys with bikes making great HP go out there for their first time... and most of them run like shit and get murderd by experienced guys with much less powerful bikes. I don't care how much drag strip experience you have, it's a different ball game when you're racing over almost 4x more distance. Every tiny discrepency in your bike's state of tune shows it's face when you're at WOT for 20+ seconds. Believe me, if anyone knows it's me. I've had to change everything from gearing, clutch springs, air filters, a/f ratio's, ride height, tire pressure, tire height, oil level, brand of oil, etc.... all of which made tiny improvements that added up to big gains.

Again, you have never done a 9/10th's run on GPS (as you said before)... so you really don't know where you stand. Do yourself a favor and make a few LEGIT 9/10th's runs from a 4k roll and post your results.

It's about time you shook off that 176mph GPS reading and actually make use of that TRE.

Well my lack of knowledge presents me 2 very nice advantages.

1)  I win with a bike making the same HP and no experience i look much better than you and you look worse than you do now (more and more everyday).

2) I lose and you've gained nothing since we do 60-160 roll ons.

I have no idea of what MPh i will run in 9/10ths - maybe even less mph than you but i will get there first.  It nice to see you backing up though - man Ice sure has OWNED your ass with 15hp less...

At least you are consistent in that....

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2005, 06:42:50 AM »

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 06:54:38 AM »

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2005, 07:18:14 AM »
Quote from: GeorgeC

I'm sure I'd suck at it, but it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.  I don't really get the chance to run my bike up to those speeds around here (especially not legally), although right now it's geared more for the 1/4 mile, it would still be a blast!  :D

Either my question was overlooked with all the smack talking starting, or I'm not welcome in S. Florida.   :?

Where is this at?  8)

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2005, 09:11:37 AM »

Either my question was overlooked with all the smack talking starting, or I'm not welcome in S. Florida.   :?

Where is this at?  8)

The first rule about fight club is, there is no fight club!  :lol:  :lol:
We do not post where and when.
If and when you come down here you can IM me and meet up before and we will take you there diffferent days and times. :wink:
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline ricerocketryder

• Post Master
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2005, 09:27:32 AM »
I swear, Motorhead should charge admission for this forum.  These threads are total and complete entertainment.

Hey Phantom, now you know what all those pro atheletes have to go through when the fans taunt them from the stands.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!

And for the record, how do we know for sure that you didn't use NOS to beat all those other Busas?  And why is it that the only race you ever talk about is 9/10?  It seems to us folks in the stands that if your bike was all that, you'd have an answer for ALL kinds of races.

And last but not least, apparently you do care about all of our opinions, because you can't seem to let it go.
You stick to your brand of ignorance, I'll stick to mine.

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2005, 09:37:54 AM »
Quote from: THE ICE MAN
The first rule about fight club is, there is no fight club!  :lol:  :lol:
We do not post where and when.
If and when you come down here you can IM me and meet up before and we will take you there diffferent days and times. :wink:

Ahhh....  For some reason I was thinking this was an official "track."  Now I understand the secrecy.

Where is "down here?"  Miami/Dade area or what?

suzuki4life

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 10:26:32 AM »
phantom12, you're a fucking joke. Come to my area. Running 9/10ths involves dodging traffic, deer or potholes or dragging a knee. I highly doubt i'll be draggin a bike to Florida to spank your sad sad ass in 9/10ths of straight open carefree roads. Too humid for my tolerance. Bring your bike north and let's see if you can ride.

Ahab

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 11:02:37 AM »

Where is this at?  8)

Cmon George, you dont want them to put a banner up for Law enforcement as well do you? :lol:

Offline alcindus

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2005, 11:29:46 AM »
MY BIKE CAN BEAT UP YOUR BIKE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man you guys are board.....
busa killer

Offline Uglyoldrider

• Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2005, 12:51:02 PM »
All this because he rides a 12. Get over it. He wins some, he loses some. He is man enough to admit it. The you trash him for it. These are the reasons I decided to spent mongo money on my 12 than my Busa. Too many out and out assholes riding Busa's and I really don't want to get lumped it with the rest of them. It is amazing the differences in attitude when I ride the 12 vs the Busa. When I ride the Busa, it seems most people assume you are a shit-talking smacktard poser. That's because the majority of Busa riders are exactly that. At the rally's they are the ones that go on and on about how fast they are, yet we never see them anywhere but out in front of Macdonalds on friday night. They never go to the strip, never go on the dyno comps and talk all day long.

Just an observation. Man, some of you guys need to lighten up a bit on the 'tude. Not all of you, just some. Those boys are giving you a bad name.

Offline alcindus

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2005, 01:27:12 PM »
I watched a busa rider walk into the shop where my bike Is, and asked someone to turn his idle up. And thats no lie. It blew me away !!! Heres a guy on a freakin busa that cant figure out where the Idle screw Is.

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
busa killer

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2005, 08:20:22 PM »
George C.- Iceman couldn't have put it any better than he did with his "Fight Club" analogy. These aren't exactly "sanctioned events" and we'd hate to mess up a good thing due to carelessness. I for one would like to extend a "welcome" so long as you're not "the man"

Ricerocketryder- The reason all I talk about is the 9/10th races is because that's just about the only type of organized racing that goes on around here.

As for my nitrous system, If I used it... believe me I'd fess up to it. I've got to look my peers in the face every week... there's no way I'd risk being branded a "cheat" or "liar". I'd rather lose 1000 times than be thought of as dishonest. That sneeky shit is taboo out there.... if you've got to lie about what you've got (or don't got) on your bike to win, you don't deserve to be out there. As for other types of racing, I'm trying to fine tune the bike for 9/10th mile races... I've made it my personal goal to squeeze every last bit of performance from my bike without modifying the motor. When I've reached the limit and run out of mods and tuning... I'll hit the strip and do the same thing with the 1/4 mile. For shits and giggles I made a couple trips to the strip to get a baseline E/T before I go out and start getting serious... best I did was 10.23@141mph (no nitrous). My goal is to dip into the low 9's with the nitrous/ext. arm/ and practice. Should be possible concidering my power output.

Benchracer4life- I'm a joke? Who's the one making challenges from across the country? LMFAO!!!! What's next? "My dad can beat up your dad" ? HAHAHAHAHA

Again, I'll tell you the same thing I've told all the other sideline critics/bench racers.... GO OUT AND MAKE A 9/10th RUN AND POST A PIC OF YOUR GPS. You can say "i'll spank you" till the cows come home...

hell, that and $2 will get you a Big Mac.

Remember, Everyone in the stands thinks they can do better... but none actually are willing to prove it.

Uglyoldrider- You took the words out of my mouth!!! I agree 100%. The Busa is victim of it's own success. Because of it's reputation, it's become the benchracer and poser bike of choice. I've met a lot of great riders on Busa's with very cool attitutudes about the whole racing thing... I proudly call them friends regardless of who's faster. It's a shame that 9 out of 10 guys on Busa's that I meet... happen to be posers or dickhead benchracers.

Like you said, it's a different mentality between the two bikes. There is no "hype" or "title" or "name" behind the 12r. It's probably the most underrated bike in history... and because of this, most 12r owners are less concerned with parking lot's and more motivated to go out and showcase its unpublisized abilities. People that ride a 12R ride it because they KNOW what it can do and KNOW it's every bit as fast as the Busa regardless of how they look on paper in the back of Motorcyclist Mag.

For some people, they don't plan on racing ...so they get the bike that will win every "Parking lot Race". They get the bike that holds the most bragging rights... because they are unable to earn it themselves.

How annoying it must be for the REAL racers on Busa's to be lumped into this stereotype because of these asshats who fling poo better than they ride.

It's because of this association that I'll never concider owning a Busa. I like the bike, it's a bad mofo... but not worth it.... (unless I wanna go turbo)