Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ((PHANTOM 12 / BUSA REMATCH))  (Read 17694 times)

Offline hayazuki

• Rider
((PHANTOM 12 / BUSA REMATCH))
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2005, 08:47:44 PM »
Quote from: Phantom12
Hayazuki- There's ALWAYS going to be someone faster. Yes, I posted the vid of my win against that one 170rwhp Busa... but it was mainly because the guy was talking shit about how he murders 12r's everytime without exception. He had the classic "Hayabusa Syndrome" where he thought the bike was unbeatable because of what it was. That's why I felt the need to post it on the internet, not because I beat a busa... but rather I beat one of the cocky fucks on a busa.

As for me not video taping my loss to Miguel, I had the vid camera out the entire morning and everyone knew I had it. If they all wanted to tape it... they would have asked. But again, the guys out there are doing it for fun, not for bragging rights or to humiliate. Why? Because most if not all the guys there are not shit talkers, they are the real deal bonified racers that know 2 things..

1. There's always someone faster
2. Just because you're faster this week, doesn't mean you'll be faster next week.

Again, we are out there constantly DOING what you can only TALK about.

So please, unless you're participating in some sort of racing where you're up against THE BEST in your area.... Keep your mouth shut and don't let your seat on the bench get cold.

p.s.- I mopped the floor with a GSX-R1000 that has been known to run 191mph though the 9/10th's.... although his bike wasn't 100% yesterday, I didn't feel the need to get THAT on video either. Why? Because he isn't a shittalker bench racer that I would have liked to embarrass over the internet. He's actually a very respectable and likeable guy that's there for FUN.

I swear you bench racers love to fling poo from the sidelines. :finger:

:finger:  define bench racer, bigmouth....

you definately don't know me or my bike or anything about it...

and I thought while I read the first part of your post, you were making a little sense...but as usual it deteriorated to sarcasm...you are the one who came here first stating that you always beat the busas, without exception, just like you claimed the busa rider did about the 12's...but I'll be damned if I saw Iceman pissing himself to post on every fucking bike site that he outran ya...but you had to do that when you beat the busa...

so whats the fukkin difference between you and the mouths you say you so despise?

we're not as organized here in the midwest about the type of racing you're doing cause we don't have the quantity of bikes nor the road availablility...but you're talking out your ass when you call everyone here who doesn't come to florida a "bench racer"...

I'm envious of the get togethers you have and frequent racing you get to do, but ya ought to stop being a prick on this board or just fade away.

Offline kwack head

• Rider
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »
Quote from: THE ICE MAN
Quote from: gnd111

So now your 9/10th is a roll on?  
Do it from a dig like they do at Maxton and see what your mph is with that weight disadvantage.

Our rolls were (always at 15 mph) some of the guys start at 4,000 rpm
You can go 2 mph faster from a standing start 1 mile run.
When we leave our staging lanes you roll about 1/10 of a mile before you hit the marker, then you have 9/10's to run the race.
If you start from a dead stop at the staging lanes, by the time you get to the 1/10th marker you can be at 90-100 mph easy then you have a whole 9/10's to go, wich will give you a faster terminal speed at 1 mile.

Well this test of speed is definatley geared for the Busa, the 12 sucks from a 15mph roll on. Do the same test with both bikes around 7 or 8 grand. I bet the outcome will be different. Why not just do it from a standing mile ? Again the outcome will be different.  The busa is always gonna walk from the 12 from a roll on at that rpm (4k)

Offline gotbus99

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2005, 09:01:31 PM »
wow, 2 pages already.  8 more to go, yawn.

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2005, 09:50:57 PM »
Quote from: kwack head
Quote from: THE ICE MAN
Quote from: gnd111

So now your 9/10th is a roll on?  
Do it from a dig like they do at Maxton and see what your mph is with that weight disadvantage.

Our rolls were (always at 15 mph) some of the guys start at 4,000 rpm
You can go 2 mph faster from a standing start 1 mile run.
When we leave our staging lanes you roll about 1/10 of a mile before you hit the marker, then you have 9/10's to run the race.
If you start from a dead stop at the staging lanes, by the time you get to the 1/10th marker you can be at 90-100 mph easy then you have a whole 9/10's to go, wich will give you a faster terminal speed at 1 mile.

Well this test of speed is definatley geared for the Busa, the 12 sucks from a 15mph roll on. Do the same test with both bikes around 7 or 8 grand. I bet the outcome will be different. Why not just do it from a standing mile ? Again the outcome will be different.  The busa is always gonna walk from the 12 from a roll on at that rpm (4k)

Kwak Head,
Phantom asked miguel to do a 6,000 rpm roll and thats what they did!
Outcome still the same. :yes:
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline kwack head

• Rider
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2005, 10:10:13 PM »
Just for shits, have them do it from 7k then 8k.
  Wish I could come play.

Offline Uglyoldrider

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2005, 11:17:42 PM »
Phantom12, it's a shame we don't live anywhere near close enough to get together and ride. I would love to do a semi-organized 9/10 mile, just to see what my new engine will do.

I have both a 12 and a Busa, in case you never guessed it. I was the first person to buy a Busa in my area in '99, and the only hype was what the salesman tried to lay on me. I got it because it was unique. No one else had one and the color was unbelievable. (Copper).

Soon afterwards, the assholes started coming out of the woodwork to buy them, and I started having many issues. Starter troubles, sub frame cracked, and a nasty electrical gremlin that turned out to be a bad ground somewhere... and a few others. It really shook my faith in what I was riding... and kind of pissed me off about suzuki's in general. I stuck it out, but when the 2001 12R made it's appearance in our local showroom, I was in love at first sight. One ride was all it took and I was hooked.

Since then I have spent a ton on the 12. It's latest configuration is dual 50 shots NOS, 1290 kit, carillo rods, JE pistons, carpenter race head/cams, crank balanced/lightened/knife-edged, Yosh EMS, Akro pipe, and of course the bonneville box. I am hitting 207 on the dyno NA, and 311 on the NOS. The torque will almost rip the arms off ya. Next year I am going with a 6" over arm and lowering it a bit. Last season I did 9.3 but I don't think I will manage any better without the arm and lowering. Damn 1/4 mile is over too fast. Hell , this thing is just waking up when it's time to shut it down. Depressing. Bring on the 9/10!

Enjoy your riding bro. That's where it all counts.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2005, 12:48:38 AM »
GND111-

60-160 racing? LMFAO!! What is that? end of 5th gear? Or is that 160 indicated which means that's like end of 4th gear?

Dude, you're in for a rude awakening.. trust me.

As for having the same HP as me... that's incorrect. You have 3rwhp more than me which is proven to give 1mph top end. That alone should be worth 2 bike's... but it probably won't make a difference with you. Also, you've got about 5 ft lb's more torque.... and you've gone into the motor. On top of all this, you weigh 50lb's less than me!! How in the hell can you claim to be the underdog with nothing to lose? If I beat you with all this in your favor, you are going to look like a complete asshat.

But if you want to keep this on a PERSONAL level like you seem to be doing, I can always bring the bottle and make sure to embarrass you.

As for ICE beating me with 15 less hp. That's my entire point!!! With 15 less hp he was able to not only go faster but get there much quicker than me. It's not always the more powerful bike, but most often the one that's been tuned better with the better (lighter) rider.

Again, isn't it about time you clear that 176mph off your GPS and get a FAST number on there?

Here's a little motivation...

And that was banging off the limiter in 6th gear with a slipping clutch... the bike is MUCH faster now.

Listen - i will be happy to clear that 176 off the GPS as soon as i return from protecting the worl from Arab terrorists.  If was already in the states you and i would have already raced by now.  And so you still face the same problem with me that you did with ICE...  I weigh less than you, make almost identical HP/TQ as you and i get to speed quickly.  This should be a very enjoyable day.  Keep using that gone into the motor crap - wanna play or not.  A race is a race - run what you brung and don't make excuses...Period.
As far as the 1.77 60' i guess you were not refering to me - the 144mph is not meant to impress you just to help you understand that BONE STOCK ZX12R's WITH headwinds often run 144 AT LEAST with my size rider.  I will say that you are right about the tuning - in fact my bike is not even dyno tuned...yet but will be upon return and will be for the upper rpm range.  Will be fun a fun day with me and my comies...hahaha

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2005, 01:18:44 AM »
Also, judging by your 144mph in the 1/4 mile.... I'm not too impressed being that I ran 141mph into a headwind... and a 10.23 E.T. and 1.77 60'

From a roll where my shitty 60' isn't killing my MPH and e.t.... I'm confident I'll hang with you in the lower gears and pull on you up top where your bike is not tuned.

The more I analyze it, the more I like my chances even with my numberous disadvantages. (weight, power, mods)

At least we are both MORE than confident...

PS- I usually run 9.88 with a 1.78 60'....My 9.62 run had a 1.64 60' if my memory is correct...

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2005, 01:48:52 AM »
I will race any bone stock 12 on my bone stock 05 gsxr 1000 for one thousand dollars, twisties, rolls, digs, top(we get TREs) you name it, if I beat the 12 I will parlay the bet with any bone stock busa...

come and get it!!!

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2005, 07:10:19 AM »

Offline CID

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2005, 08:37:43 AM »
If you haven't done what we're doing... you have NO right to comment in a negative way. If you haven't done a 9/10th's run... who the HELL are you to give me shit? I'm out there doing what you only WISH you could do... yet you feel you have to bash me every chance you get? That's fucked up. Maybe it's you that "ought to stop being a prick"?

:yes:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2005, 11:56:18 PM »

GND111- "A race is a race, run what you brung don't make excuses" .   OK, the bottle will be on for sure then. It's funny how you keep saying same HP/TQ. I'm running with 175/98... What do you have? 178/10? Also, just so you don't forget, this whole grudge match thing was started when we were comparing STOCK motor vs STOCK motor. If you feel you can't win without the cams... that just proves my point. I have NOOOOO problem running you despite the weight difference, but you'll have to promise me that afterwards (win or lose) you'll race my buddy who's about your size.. just to see the difference that weight makes.

As for tuning the bike for top end, the only REAL way to do that is via datalogger..not on the dyno. You can get close and "guestimate" how much more fuel to add for the ram air and increased load from wind resistance... but the difference at best will still be a couple MPH out in the real world, and in a 9/10th's race... 2mph can make or break the race substantially.

So you generally run 9.88 and the 9.62 was a fluke run? That changes things a lot concidering I'm only 0.35 behind you with stock gearing /stock motor /stock arm / 50 extra pounds.

I'm 100% positive I can run 9.8's with an arm and -1 up front... without the nitrous... even at my weight. Looks like an arm is the next thing on my shopping list?

either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you and crew for a day of fun. On a side note, I'd like to thank you for your involvement in the Military, no matter how small or large a part you play. I've got a brother in the ARMY who's being deployed soon to Iraq.... Best wishes to EVERYONE serving our country.

No...  I generally run 9.74 range and .5 on a 1/4 mile is a long way my friend...  You may only be .5 or .35 behind in ET but you are at least 3mph off and as you say that 3mph in the 1/4 could be significant at thwarting your efforts for the 9/10...

And yes you can use your NOS if you want.  I may bring some of my own - only a 40 shot though so we can "run what we brung" and keep the HP/TQ close as well.

It will be fun - nothing like eating a Ninja after smoking all these Camels....hahahaha...... :lol:

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2005, 02:41:01 AM »
Phantom12, you have done your part, you showed up and raced, that's all that matters.  Dont let the key board racers get ya down.  At least you have balls enough to show up.  Some people talk all kind of shit about racing when they are sittin on their fat ass behind the key boards, but when it's time to walk the walk,,,, they dont show.  Im proud for you that your giving it your best..... just have fun with it, and be safe.  If these negative puking fags ever have balls to show up and race, you will have more seat time, and will more than likely smoke their ass.  My money is on you.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2005, 08:40:34 AM »

Offline RockStarRacing

• Rider
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2005, 09:56:59 AM »
"A friend said what were you doing going 190MPH, I replied I went 190 'cause that's as fast as it would go!" I read about half of these post about top speeds and quarter mile times. I have a stock lowered 'Busa and I run mid nines and have topped out my 'Busa many times! Hell, any straight stretch of highway will do. Most times I'm in tee-shirt and jeans. Speedo reads about 190 but to tell the truth I'm looking down the road and haven't paid that much attention. I think next time I'll carry a camera and get a pic of the speedo and tach! I'm just sayin' it ain't that big of a deal.
8 second 'Busa w/ stock motor
Tommy Lee's 'Rock Star Racing'

Offline alcindus

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2005, 10:22:28 AM »
190 on the speedo is not 190 mph!!!!!!   thats what I mean about the majority of busa owners. Here Is A guy with a lowered busa runnin 9s
and does not know the speedo Is wrong. WTF . Go buy a 100 dollar gps and make that 190 mph run , aint that big Of a deal ????? try It , youre In for a big surprise. You give real busa riders a bad name !!!!!!!!!!!!!
busa killer

Offline GSX

• Rider
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2005, 10:29:51 AM »
Alcindus, I heard you got your bike back.  I'm hoping to have mine ready to race in about two weeks.  Maybe we can hook up then.  See you soon.

Offline alcindus

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2005, 10:36:31 AM »
According To ice,    me and you are going to be runnin head to head right away. I cant wait >> From what I hear Your bike IS going to be REALLY STRONG !!!! Good luck On Your Motor I hope it runs Good. Mine took forever, But Im happy with the results.. Are You going out there This  weekend ???
busa killer

Offline GSX

• Rider
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2005, 10:42:35 AM »
No, I'll be at the Gator Nationals.  Good luck out there sunday.

Offline RockStarRacing

• Rider
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2005, 10:51:51 AM »
Oh my God, I've offended someone! I'm not saying I was doing 190 on GPS, I was just going as fast as the damn thing would go, and it ain't that big of a deal! It said 190, I don't care if it was 175 or 200. Give me a break. I'll go as fast as anything will go, anytime, almost anywhere! Case closed!

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2005, 11:42:18 AM »
(Oh damn, this shit is still going on... :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: )

Offline alcindus

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2005, 12:04:05 PM »
Anybody can wind out anything....thats not the object in 9/10s
the object Is To beat the other  guy in the other lane to the end .  Our  distance that we run Is very specific The problem Is
The bikes Out there Are very fast. Its not that easy to compete.  If your bike Isnt set up for this kind of racing your Dog meat. Your not going to roll out there for the first time and run 190 especially in only 9/10 of a mile.  Its not about going as fast as the damm thing will go!!!!! theres big competition here !!!!!!!!!!!!!
busa killer

Offline RockStarRacing

• Rider
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2005, 12:31:01 PM »
Hey that's cool. I've never heard of 9/10 mile racing. Alot of traffic where I'm from, we just hit the highway and go as fast as it'll go! I prefer the drag strip.

Offline turbotoys1

• Post Whore
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2005, 01:10:08 PM »
:twisted: