Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: BBB's Bonneville bike update  (Read 5868 times)

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
BBB's Bonneville bike update
« on: April 08, 2005, 02:39:04 PM »
Long story short, when cometic actually sends what we have been waiting 12 weeks for, we will be on the right road again. We might actually get to race this thing this year! anyone have a 1363, 12mm bolts, head gasket and a 040 spacer? :lol:

The chassis is done, complete, torque specs checked, done done done.

Soupy is making some great handlebars so guys running the Trac Dynamics raked triple trees can turn the bars lock to lock without hitting the windscreen. these are kinda like helibars but they are angled back 7-8 degrees. they clear OEM tanks and will clear the So-Low with no problems. They are heavy as hell which for LSR is a good thing. Mounted perfectly. Going to completely change the dash thanks to Jason McVicar's idea
Thanks a lot Soup and Jason.

Lt. Gwizz at Fastlane did the arm. Thanks buddy. Nice underbracing. It is adjustable 2-8" over with a nice pocket in front of the rear tire for a box we are building to fill with lead shot for traction. Turned out really well with the Trac universal chainguard and Spencercycle lowering links. These things are much bigger than the Schintz units I had previously.
Thanks to Glenn "Gwizz" Allen and Doug.

Tiger tail, JCS billet sidestand, JT steel 38 tooth rear and 18 front sprockets, Yosh rearsets, currently has Galfer wave rotors, but am changing to the EBC petal style full floaters if they ever come out of customs, are some of the pieces that make this thing up.
Thanks to Guy Caputo.

Here's the new paint. I really liked my two tone '02 silver/grey OEM scheme. So when it came time to do all the new bodywork, I new it had to be similiar but decidedly different. Lemans Sunset with color changing decals was the answer. All the bodywork is sponosored by Catalyst Composites. Mike and Bonnie are truly the best and make the best aftermarket bodywork around. No problems fitting and drilling prior to paint ad my painter was impressed that he did not have to touch the bodywork prior to painting. No additional primer or sanding. a quick wetsand and into the booth.
Thanks to Red Rider Rick in Phoenix for paint, Mike and Bonnie Verdugo for the bodywork.

little 3 ohm DOT headlight. aint gonna see shit with it, but it is stamped DOT. 3/4 supersport upper, belly pan is around somewhere too.

The So-Low tank. This thing is light as hell and fits the frame like a glove.

If you are in Phoenix, I have the hook up on painting. Great guy, beyond reasonable prices and great attention to detail.

Next update should have the top of the motor completely done (waiting on head gasket and spacer from cometic), motor in the chassis, wiring reconfigured and then off to Montana for this:

MCXpress Intercooled massaged 58/12 kit.
Pre-thanks go out to my little brother Hank.  :lol:

Offline soupy

• Site Supporter
  • Post Whore
    • Soupys Performance
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 04:27:05 PM »
You're welcome!

YOU DA MAN!!!!
Official Site Supporter

Offline SJJBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 05:08:47 PM »
Looks great, good luck with your project!

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 05:56:39 AM »
Very Nice! :thumb:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline rdt

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 05:02:30 PM »
Great looking paint job

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 11:24:37 PM »
System is shipping in the AM---an address would be good :D The pan will be in with the system.
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 09:19:31 PM »
Quote from: Hank
System is shipping in the AM---an address would be good :D The pan will be in with the system.

sorry bud, been down with the flu. that and my trapezious tear have me down big time. I thought 925lb shrugs was a good idea. well, the 1st set of a dozen was good. the second even better. the third, well...........

i'll call you tonight.