Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: would someone explain TPS for me  (Read 2467 times)

Offline hayabusa.nc

• Rider
would someone explain TPS for me
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:16:45 PM »
i have just done the small airbox mod.And i am hearing some people say u have to change the tps..please explain to me what it is and if i need to do it.i am running a k&n filter right now and venom racing slip ons please let me know what the best set up is.And if someone knows were i can get a good map.I can tell i'v loset some bottom end and there is a smuble around 3000-4000.but the top is very strong!thank u guys rock

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 06:59:11 PM »
the TPS is your throttle position sensor.  There is no reason you need to change this.

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:49:12 PM »
You don't "change" it...you adjust it for the best tuning...it effects your partial throttle response a lot.

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 11:08:23 PM »
If your tuning with a powercommnder it shows your tps at the top of the screen. Warm the bike up and make sure it reads 0 with the throttle closed.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline hayabusa.nc

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 05:13:17 AM »
thanke guys..i hope to up a powercommander in it by next week!i was going to buy 1 like 3mouth ago but the guy at the shop talked me out of 1.he tuned it with a yosh.i will never take it there again 4 now on i'll ask u basa guys for advice.Does anyone have a map already with pecs close to mine i could try on my bike.im no turner and would like to try doing everything my self for now on..thanks again