Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Launching your bike - at Maxton, Texas Mile Etc.. How To  (Read 15972 times)

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Launching your bike - at Maxton, Texas Mile Etc.. How To
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2005, 03:38:30 PM »
Guys dont abandon the Juice just yet, Amo did it and so can you...just keep on trying... :D
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2005, 04:11:25 PM »
no doubt,  Guy and Gary are going to really show folks
what nitrous can do...230 will be nothing for these guys!!

Joe :)
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2005, 07:20:09 PM »
I'm not abandoning the juice, just changing the way I use it, at least for this year.  The May event will show me if I'm on the right track or not.  I'm tuning the Nitrous for torque, not HP which means richer tune-ups and a change in the timing curve based on rpm.  A new added twist for me.

Since there is no such thing as a rpm based timing curve retard box, I had to make my own.

I'll let you know soon.  One good thing was your Nitrous pistons held up great when I detonated 2 & 3 last year.  They mic'd out perfect, like they were new.  Great pistons for sure.
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2005, 08:04:42 PM »
Quote from: 2fast4u2c
I'm not abandoning the juice, just changing the way I use it, at least for this year.  The May event will show me if I'm on the right track or not.  I'm tuning the Nitrous for torque, not HP which means richer tune-ups and a change in the timing curve based on rpm.  A new added twist for me.

Since there is no such thing as a rpm based timing curve retard box, I had to make my own.

I'll let you know soon.  One good thing was your Nitrous pistons held up great when I detonated 2 & 3 last year.  They mic'd out perfect, like they were new.  Great pistons for sure.

Thanks Guy, I am glad they held up when they needed to.

Good luck with da Juice !!

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2005, 08:00:35 AM »
Never be happy with the Status Quo Guy! The crazy thing is, you know we all hope you suceed because if you do, it will mean we all can go faster  :shock:

I know I could have gotten a "Little" over 200 on the set up I used to get to 199m but It is not about a "Little" but a LOT over. So I took the 2 steps back to go forward in a different direction and hopefully in June (Court will / should be over) I can actually RELAX and "JUST deal with my bike. You have no idea of how hard it is to be at the point of testing on the Dyno and not even being able to go to the Dyno!!!! :(  :(

Torque is the KEY, Gutherie told me that the FIRST Day we talked!
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline RZ350

• Post Master
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2005, 04:19:02 PM »
Yes, torque is the key!

Torque, gearing and traction.

Of course with a low Coefficient of Drag, you don't need much of any of those (except traction;) ), but those damn laws of physics keep getting in the way! :D
1650CC APS-BG  record, 236.814 MPH at Bonneville.

242 MPH GPS

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2005, 11:23:17 AM »
Dang, I'll have to start saving up a little money to try and come out to Maxton, just to watch (bring family too :D ). Will be shooting for Oct. since it seems all the big guns will be going for broke :D . Not enough $$ to have anything done to bike right now other than air shifter, but it might put me right at 200mph. :lol:
Maybe next year I'll have to get my brothers family and mine to check out Boneville too. :)  :D  :D  

This is a very infectious bug, I remember my brother and my self just checking out the first Texas Mile event in Oct of 2003, then running stock bikes in May 2004, then a little Nos in Oct of 2004, now maybe a little further. Will have to look at getting a dedicated bike instead of abusing our weekend bikes.  :)  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Can't wait to meet all of you all.  8)

Offline MrTqad

• Rider
    • http://www.springtexas.com
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2005, 07:44:19 AM »
Will be back to practicing on the Gixxer 1100w this next week.. It will be back from the shop on Wed or Thur.. It's now solid black instead of the blue/white/purple from the factory - Racing computer instead of gauge cluster (saved a bunch of money that way) - forks had to be redone because the right top valve was sheared..

taking of the 2 step -- i just do not care for it...

trailer will be in tuesday for pickup (since the gixxer is no longer street legal) and will need a trailer to go to Goliad in July and October with the LE.

Practice, Practice, Practice...

Offline MrTqad

• Rider
    • http://www.springtexas.com
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2005, 07:44:38 AM »
Will be back to practicing on the Gixxer 1100w this next week.. It will be back from the shop on Wed or Thur.. It's now solid black instead of the blue/white/purple from the factory - Racing computer instead of gauge cluster (saved a bunch of money that way) - forks had to be redone because the right top valve was sheared..

taking of the 2 step -- i just do not care for it...

trailer will be in tuesday for pickup (since the gixxer is no longer street legal) and will need a trailer to go to Goliad in July and October with the LE.

Practice, Practice, Practice...

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2005, 09:09:49 AM »
Cool hope to see you there. May skip on July :1: , just depends on Temp. This early summer started out nice, but these last couple days close to 100F suck. If it is forecasted to be under 97F I think we will go. Where are you located? If you are close to central Texas you may want to get a hold of Gbusa as I think he was talking about getting a two bike trailer and was considering selling his one bike tilt trailer.

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2005, 07:28:13 AM »
Guy are you going to try that new Schnitz product that maintains consistant bottle pressure?  Ever thought about trying Nitrogen over N20?
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2005, 03:08:20 PM »
I'm trying quite a few new things this trip and yes, the Pressure Pro is one of them.

See you there!
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile