Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anyone tried these either of these visor screens??  (Read 815 times)

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Anyone tried these either of these visor screens??
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:24:50 PM »
Looking for something to help with glare in the day and night (headlights) I am thinking about getting a film like the Hyper Optics by fog city here is a link

http://www.sport-touring.net/gear/fog_city/index.shtml

or the one from Progrip

http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=9&ite=gog

Thinking this will help not have to use 2 screens and might kill some of the glare. Headlights blind me, and I cant see the road when they come over a hill so, its either this or find something polerized. The problem with Polerized tint is that it might cause distortion in the visor. I hate getting old shit sucks.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline CintiGreg

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:50:46 PM »
I have not tryed those visors myself.

At night if I am on a trip I wear yellow shooting glasses they help with the glare form the headlights.

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:53:54 PM »
I did  search on the progrip and most of the reviews I came up with were dissapointing.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline CintiGreg

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:58:10 PM »
What are they supposed to do  :?:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 11:54:59 PM »
Change as the sun hits it, light at night and dark in the day. I guess there are still uses on it. I am thinking bout just getting some polerized tint that is very light and make that work. I may try the yellow glass's and see if that helps. Thanks all
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Ahab

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 02:12:39 AM »
I used the gold progrips....they work, but they start to flake (the iridium finish)when moisture gets on the lense. went thru 2....gave up. according to the TR rep, they have had alot of complaints for that problem.....

Offline HayaVegas

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 02:41:24 AM »
I absolutely love the hyperoptiks, and I use it all the time.  I just buy a clear screen for my Tk8 and mount her up.

It works in the daytime, and it works at night, - no more worrying about day turning night and what shield I have.  Its perfect.

Also, it NEVER, EVER EVER fogs.  I rode with it all winter.  Love it.

You just have to be careful when installing, - you cant lift it back off once its on.  So buy a clear shield for your lid, and be prepared to commit this to it.

If you are careful, you will make sure that it is lined up before applying it to the shield.

I swear by em.

Offline 99blackbusa

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 08:41:32 AM »
I used a progrip one... I was very disappointed.. It never fogged but it didnt seem to get clear enough at night.. It was like riding with a light smoked shield on at night.