Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: B00stafied *Take 7,678 LOL* 1-31-11 updated last page getting roadworthy again  (Read 87570 times)

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
Re: B00stafied *Take III* 8-24-08 Motor Done- I'm Going BOOSTING!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2009, 08:45:02 PM »
Just been doin the do bro. Haven't seen you on here in a while so I thought I'd investigate.  :lol:

How's life treating ya? Is the bike running or work in progress? I finally got mine all together and am trying to square away the MAP so it's more cruising rpm friendly.
YEAH, IT'S STOCK. :trb:

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
Bike runs/boosts fine -
never was the issue, it is the MCXpress Mech Sump setup never has worked right...
debating on buying the Pimp pump or having Richard redo my setup...

Will pull the trigger in the next few wks one way or the other.
Once the bike's back in my sight, it will motivateme plenty  :lol: :thumb:
GL on your map woes-
I am sure I have some Gremlins who've have made camp on mine, time will tell-

Peace,
Ron
"You're Only Limited, By Your Own Mind..." My Home Page 
I built the Motor and the Turbo System. RIP {CDK} 11-11-08 I miss you...

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »
You put that beast back on the work bench yet Ron? Hope you get the oiling issues corrected.

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
Nah been too busy with life etc.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:10:05 PM by Busafied™ »

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
well well wellllllll

Let's breath some life back into this mess shall we????????????  :bah: :lol:

After much debate and thinking and him hawing etc etc..
I purchased a Cycle-tech electric scavenge pump since I had not been able to get my MCXPump taken care of.
I Gutted the MCX Pump Housing and cut the suction line to the Catch can mounted to the bottom of the turbo, and installed the tiny electric pump.\
Through my OWN error the pump couldn't keep up, I resolved that today and made several "on the lift" tests.
It will take a thorough over the road test to make sure it is capable of the volume of oil the Turbonetics flows with the .060 restrictors.

Per my conversation with the Install tech & Turbo Engineer via 3 way, they have to run no smaller then a .060 for lubricating.
I will Void my warranty if I chose to run the smaller restrictors..

So points made problem is being handled, here's a short video of the initial test, need to post the mew one from today showing results from fast idle to holding at 5 k for extended period of time.
Pump was apparently keeping up today on the motorcycle Lift-
BUT a road test will need to be done to be absolutely sure.

video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roED0mPpY8s

Here's the test from today once I figured it out and made the necessary changes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkA_v2Xltjk

Soon to be on a road near you  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:07:17 PM by Busafied™ »

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
Hey Ron! GLad to hear from ya. You've been as much of a stranger as I have! Good luck.  :tu:

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
Ron,

I have the same set-up that you do and mine always worked fine.  I recently put a high volume oil gear in it and now I have oil seeping into my catch can breather line and it dumps oil out of it.  I used to run the breather line to the top of my cases and it was fine.  I extended it to the throttle bodies and it still leaks.  Now I've extended it to the top of the plenum and when I get out of work I'm going to see if it leaks again.

Here's my question:

Did you put a restricter in the oil feed to the turbo?  If you did what size did you go with?

Do you have the high volume gear or valve in your motor?

Any other suggestions for me?

Jason
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
Ron,

I have the same set-up that you do and mine always worked fine.  I recently put a high volume oil gear in it and now I have oil seeping into my catch can breather line and it dumps oil out of it.  I used to run the breather line to the top of my cases and it was fine.  I extended it to the throttle bodies and it still leaks.  Now I've extended it to the top of the plenum and when I get out of work I'm going to see if it leaks again.

Here's my question:

Did you put a restricter in the oil feed to the turbo?  If you did what size did you go with?

Do you have the high volume gear or valve in your motor?

Any other suggestions for me?

Jason

Jason you and Jake both worked with me a few years ago when the problem first started with mine.
Originally I ran it back to the sprocket cover area then up around the back of the motor on left side to the front of the motor, for months I had no issue what so ever.
Then out of the blue it started puking on a ride, had to cut it short and head home.
I ran it to the breather per Jake  and had it "T"d off it to the front of my plenum, just made it worse.
You tried to help me, but that didn't work either.

I had determined that running it backwards let it lay too low and the trickling oil splatter inside would eventually pool in the low spot of the vent line causing it to build up and puke.
SO- I rerouted it to the front and up.
With the hose running from the front of my MCX catch can (on turbo) behind the rad zip tied to my up pipe to above my motor then facing forward is how I have it today.
I had it laying on the ground and it would still trickle even with everything fixed so to speak.
so I know going straight up was optimal, in assisting gravity and hoping that would keep the oil down low where it belongs. I dunno just keeping fingers crossed till I can road test it.

**YES on Restricter, per Turbonetics I am required to run a .060 no less or it voids my warranty.
I have 2 actually inline now.
I was told by my friend that sold it to me (builds exotics in Fl, Supras, Lambos, Ferraris < etc) DO NOT cut the flow down further then the .060 like they recommend.
1 AT the turbo inlet, 1 AT the Line side tap at the motor, both .060

**NO on the  HV oil gear running standard internal (oiling wise.)

** Pull your cover on the MCX pump and check the gears, found mine to be boogered, something made it from the engine through the turbo and into my pump.
My shaft is tweaked and the gears have a nick, wished I could find SOMEWHERE TO GET THEM !!!!! HINT SOMEONE!!!

anyway- sorry just bent a little still after no one responding from the appropriate company's...

** ALSO I recommend if you have no nicks in your gears to get a inline filter to put ahead of the pump as a precaution, yes I know it's another pain in the wazoo to have to check it but I have tried for 2 yrs to get MCXPress and Richard at RCC to help me get another pump, NOTHING- NADDA- ZIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the one I recommend or find one similar from one of the vendors on the board, good luck on that....

part numbers and pricing is at bottom of page.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm

Sub Micron filer for inlet of pump :

03-1046 Sub Micron Oil Filter on the pump's inlet port.

I was also looking at a pressure  limiting inline pc from same people :
We also can supply a 1/4" female NPT, 25 psi viton seal check valve (03-1047) for high pressure oil feed lines on Garrett GT series ball bearing turbos to drop oil line pressure 25 psi.

also they have this, I had though about putting it on my vent line facing where incoming air (suction from pump) pulls it open , but closes when oil starts to come back out vent tube..

A 1/8 NPT, 1 psi viton seal check valve (03-1039) is available for the turbo oil feed port. This prevents capillary bleed-down of oil in the engine from entering the turbo after engine shutdown.

So for now with what you have though..
Only suggestion is to run the line from the front of the catch can forward and straight up following the uppipe and securing it to there.
Then test to see if that helped, use something to catch the oil though because it can puke and make a mess.

I made that see through catch can out of a "self tapper container" from home depot (needed screws).
Just used some flared pipe (2 - pcs) and jb welded it into the lid, 1 to fit the vent line onto, and 1 to vent to atmosphere.
It was a cheap solution (free because I had the container on the shelf and flare tool and some brake line laying around))  to let me view my oil prob and find the source, I did that in 2007/2008 and it worked then still using it today for tests, comes in handy when bleeding brakes too LOL.

GL-
Ron

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
Thanks Ron.  :tu:  I talked to a rep from Borg Warner today who told me that it's hard to determine if the turbo needs a restrictor or not.  The only real way to determine that is by putting a pressure gauge on it and making sure it has 35-60 PSI.  I'm guessing since I've got the HV pump that put mine over the edge and it's backing up into the breather line.

In a week or so I'm going to set-up a pressure gauge and check everything out.  The guy from Borg Warner gave me instructions on how to do it so I'm confident I'll be able to take care of it on my own.  I have a feeling mine is going to need a restrictor.  Well see!

Jason 
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
Thanks Ron.  :tu:  I talked to a rep from Borg Warner today who told me that it's hard to determine if the turbo needs a restrictor or not.  The only real way to determine that is by putting a pressure gauge on it and making sure it has 35-60 PSI.  I'm guessing since I've got the HV pump that put mine over the edge and it's backing up into the breather line.

In a week or so I'm going to set-up a pressure gauge and check everything out.  The guy from Borg Warner gave me instructions on how to do it so I'm confident I'll be able to take care of it on my own.  I have a feeling mine is going to need a restrictor.  Well see!

Jason  

Sweet if you care to share this and give me some insight I will listen.
I need to make a similar setup and test mine, to just see what is going on down there.
Let me know what you find as well on your pressure readings, and which restricter gets you the needed drop to <60 psi
I am guessing a .060 just guessing.
I have a spare gauge somewhere and a "T" fitting I can put inline
after the first restricter and after the second need be.

-----------------------------------

@ Matt/  sorry brother wasn't ignoring you just being a ditz here lately running my rear off trying to accomplish too much as usual.
How's YOUR scoot doing?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:49:54 PM by Busafied™ »

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
Ok got the Cycle-Tech pump working correctly it seems  :bike:
I need to clean the dust off the intake LOL been in storage too long,,,  :hys:

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Amazing. Just read this entire post. I'll say this much, you stayed with it  :bike:

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
Thanks, I can say it seems drama chases me down and whoops my a$$ at times, but it's the determination that separates us.

My favorite end to Saturday a very nice and very long stretch of open road, the Boost Gods were good to me that day.

I am finally installing the Carbon Fiber inners I bought in 2005? dunno the post is somewhere on here..

peace...
Ron

A video test with my Camera from the ride...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2WO2XIowEA

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:45:36 PM by Busafied™ »

Offline Busafied™

• Mad Post Whore
    • My Homepage and BS..
Bling.. 5 yrs in a box but they will be ok I guess.. some hazing in the left upper guess it didn't like the bubble wrap and being stored 5 yrs LOL