Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra  (Read 7972 times)

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by slamminbusa:
I am not going to say the Busa would walk away, but it would be a good race. Power to weight ratio is fairly close I would say.

At the higher speeds, it's a lot more about "aerodrag vs. HP" than "weight vs. HP".  A car like the Supra or C5 Vette with 800 RWHP has a much better aerodrag to HP ratio than a stock Busa does.  Hard to believe ... but entirely true.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Uglyoldrider

• Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »
Here is a nice vid of a stock busa getting spanked by a TT supra in a roll on.

Don't say it can't be done. This 850 HP monster walks away from the busa like its parked.

http://www.to4r.com/members/darrenstrunk.html

Nice car.

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »
11K - no offense - but since i OWN a Lingenfelter vette - the ONLY Ling vette capable of that HP rating is the 427TT - and that isnt a 427TT - your 700rwhp is VERY generous - HOWEVER - I will stick with my first opinion - and will not comment further - this topic has been beat to death already
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

Offline TurboBlew

• Mad Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »
Even if the Supra was running the largest twins possible, they arent going to make over 1000 hp on a stock block.
Ive run a Datsun 240 with a ZR1 drive train and a 250 shot of nitrous. (1800lbs)  The car could 60ft at 1.40-1.50s on ET streets.  It was a damn close race, but my bike won (750).  The car wheelied 10" off the ground on the start.   Even from a 60mph roll, it was over very quick.
I wouldnt give them one single little advantage. Id be riding the back brake with the throttle pinned and my hand covering the clutch.
"go ahead...bring your mama!"

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »
HOWEVER......NICK..... GO FUCK THAT SUPRA UP BABY!!!!!!!!! - MAKE HIM YOUR BITCH

NICK DA MAN

Gimme a shout at the office when ya can Nick!!!
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

Offline Johnnycheese

• Mad Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2003, 09:32:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by UglyOldRider:
Here is a nice vid of a stock busa getting spanked by a TT supra in a roll on.

Don't say it can't be done. This 850 HP monster walks away from the busa like its parked.

http://www.to4r.com/members/darrenstrunk.html

Nice car.

don't believe what you see
Official Site Tuner

Offline TaoBusa

• Post Master
    • Yorihey.com
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2003, 09:35:00 PM »
Are they going to use night-vision on the camera so we can actually see something this time around?  

Offline Uglyoldrider

• Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »
I can see it just fine... try a better vid-card or a monitor that has been built in the 90's.

Some of you guys need to relax a little. Busa's do get beat. If your fragile ego's can't handle that maybe you should find another hobby.

Offline fastmike

• Rider
    • http://na
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »
Something seemed funny at the very end...
Pretty close until the last couple of seconds.
I listened to the Supra engine and it did not sound like the RPM's went way up either.
Oh well...
FM

Offline Johnnycheese

• Mad Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by UglyOldRider:
I can see it just fine... try a better vid-card or a monitor that has been built in the 90's.

Some of you guys need to relax a little. Busa's do get beat. If your fragile ego's can't handle that maybe you should find another hobby.

Ugly person I was there I know what happen so go dream your dream maybe one day you open your eyes
Official Site Tuner

Offline fastmike

• Rider
    • http://na
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »
Johnny: What happened??
FM

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »
Nick- To plagarize Nike- Just do him.

Like he'll even show.  
-Kirk

Offline weedpedaler

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »
you all think i am wrong ? well if you do then i will bet anyone here $10,000.00 that my brothers supra will stomp the shit out of a turbo busa !!!! he has killed them before on and off the track so any takers?????

Offline Banshee Ben

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »

Offline 1320

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2003, 12:27:00 AM »
Ah hell, I m hard core car guy....but this seems like an easy way to make or pay for my new turbo busa.... 10000.00? ok .....so who will rent me there turbo busa for a few minutes....? Ill pay like 200 a minute? sound fair?

beat a turbo busa.....? you must be smoking some real good stuff....

BTW I own many turbo cars, (supra included) and a turbo bike....
99 busa

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2003, 12:43:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by weedpedaler:
you all think i am wrong ? well if you do then i will bet anyone here $10,000.00 that my brothers supra will stomp the shit out of a turbo busa !!!! he has killed them before on and off the track so any takers?????

I would be happy to assist you in finding a race for your brothers Supra, not only have I had one, I also have a Busa, I built it, Tune it and also ride it, I would be happy to race for $ 10,000.00 from a standing start,  
Lets lock it up, I have three weeks of vacation coming and could use the money,

PS, cant make it the weekend of May 18th, have to attend a dirtbike race.

John NoonanwhowantstoracethemightybrothersSupra.

QUICKTURBO@AOL.COM
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline FullTilt

• Post Master
    • http://www.fulltiltlife.com
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2003, 12:48:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by weedpedaler:

I'll go, Weed. Prove to me that I'm not wasting my time and we'll talk terms. What part of the country would you like to meet in?
)<

"It isn't easy being green." - Kermit

Offline weedpedaler

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2003, 12:49:00 AM »
hey dude i dont care what you have owned or own (no disrespect intended when i made the comment) but if anyone wants to take a swing at 10 g's cash?? i thought all you busa guys love to  challenge and looose to supra's ?? well here is a challenge, there might be some busa's that can beat this car but they are all dragged out busa's for that matter im talking it has stomped the shit out of 2 turbo busa's here i'm not lying !!! maybe it was a fluke ? or maybe my brother's car is the real busa killer!!!whoever wants to find out bring it. btw i do smoke the best shit for fyi. i am not saying this to start an argument with you guys, its just no one has proven me wrong that any busa can beat my bro's car so i ask this for a challenge, no disrespect intended to anyone who has a busa , but someone try to prove me wrong!!! if you dont have the cash in your hand dont bother wasting my time !!!i'm serious here!!!  

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2003, 01:05:00 AM »
Weed, have money will travel halfway    , money to be held by a  third party    , race to be run on 2 mile straight paved road    .  Willing and financial able    .

EMAIL me your number so we can do this.  I dont care who drives the car, I dont care if it is slicked down, I dont care PERIOD, we can do this.
We can set up two races, one from a standing start and one from 50 MPH.

JOHN NOONAN

QUICKTURBO@AOl.COM
714-894-6650 Ext 215 Mon-Fri 8.5 PST

Offline Slayer

• Post Master
    • http://www.fast1300.com
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2003, 01:06:00 AM »
Hell, I could beat him with my 1397.
Weedpedaler, you know not whereof you speak. You're gonna be a little light in the wallet soon.      

There's some turbo busa vids on my website, check 'em out and prepare to be enlightened.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »
Before you ask, here is a pic of my streetbike, Slayer, SHUT the hell up...please..    

Offline Slayer

• Post Master
    • http://www.fast1300.com
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2003, 01:12:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by SPEED KING:
Slayer, SHUT the hell up...please..    

Sorry, I couldn't resist.    
This is gonna be good.  

Offline Uglyoldrider

• Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2003, 01:15:00 AM »
A TT Supra vs a Turbo Busa.... interesting match but I am pretty sure that the turbo Busa will come out ahead on that one. From standing or a 50m roll-on. Stock is a whole other ballgame. Even a 40 shot would change things in a hurry.

Since you were there, Johnny boy, why don't you enlighten us as to what "really" happened there.

Offline ZXALANRR

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2003, 01:25:00 AM »
Shit, Johnny, you need to get in on that $10k race,  that would buy a new weather station, AC for the dyno room and me some free dyno time.  I will lock it in for ya.  $10k on fuckin race with a car.  WHAT A FUCKIN STUPID ASS!!!            

BTW, how many 8.40 Stupras you see runnin the streets?? I hope your brother has one of em.      
9.35@151.70

Offline weedpedaler

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2003, 01:54:00 AM »
hey speed sounds like race but have to iron out a few things but sounds good, got to get in touch with my brother to see when we can do it he is down with it called him earlier before i seen your reply.i'll email you sometime this week most definately !!!! setup time and place.we will trailor the car to where ever we agree upon,. i am putting up the money he is driving so i will get with you speed soon enough bro!!!  so talk to you soon but one thing is very funny to me about this , there are only two guys willing to do this ? huh how funny most guys are talking shit but not stepping up.typical busa owners lol no punt intended lmao!!!