Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra  (Read 7974 times)

Offline Dameon

• Post Whore
    • http://TurboHayabusa.org
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »
What a bunch of fish... I believe this WeedSmoker guy as I had intentions of doing the same thing. He beat me to it. CST bit me in the ass.

What better topic to choose... Supra vs. 'Busa. It is SOOOO played out it was perfect...

By the way, John, pull that "chin fairing" off eBay and send it to me. Didn't you say you had a stock right rearset (complete; brake lever, footpeg, etc.)?

Oh, Lofty, where did you get that nose fairing? I am about 1 week from attempting a similar conversion and would prefer a professional job if it is affordable. I already have the turning signal mirrors and I don't need the ram air ducts... cover that shit!

Thanks.
Dameon
Lafayette, LA

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2003, 02:51:00 PM »
All I have to say about this subject is this:  
-Kirk

Offline Slayer

• Post Master
    • http://www.fast1300.com
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »
Good one, Weed, I didn't even trip off the date.    

I think a lot of people( including me ) wanted to see it happen because the Supra guys always wanna race on their terms( highly modded Supra vs. stock busa ). It looked like we were gonna get a fair race from your brother so it's kind of a letdown that it's not gonna happen.
I know your brother is concerned about losing $10K, if money wasn't involved, would your brother race a turbo busa just for fun?

Offline LyleU

• Apprentice Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2003, 06:05:00 PM »
Johnny's right, they'll use anything to claim they won or why they lost, mis-shifts, etc      

I haven't seen any Supras running 235mph in 9/10 mile at Maxton.  Nor running 8s in the quarter on 8 psi. I guess they have to come up with special races to win at i.e. 70mph punch with street tires, new moon, stars in alignment, odd number day, etc  

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »
Hey weedboy -- whatever -- at least your bro could have started out with a decent turbo car like a Grand National or T Type.  At least they are quick from the factory and only require $6000 to hit the low 10's in the 1/4...

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2003, 08:32:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by weedpedaler:
... my bro does run a 97 tt supra with 1198hp (991hp at the rear wheels) .... my bro never beat a turbo busa but has beaten several tricked out and big bore ones.

... this must be your 2nd April Fools joke!!    
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »
Like I said, ya got us but good weed.        

Offline Banshee Ben

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »
Most of us busa owners are still on the floor laughing.       You could kick the bones off my busa prob, and I will agree a lot of things can beat a busa, but have you seen the dash cams of some of the turbo busas? The spedo actually creates a mini tornado it moves so fast.  

Offline dcnblues

• Post Whore
    • http://home.pacbell.net/imm/
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2003, 01:13:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dameon:
What better topic to choose... Supra vs. 'Busa. It is SOOOO played out it was perfect...

I can't believe I got burned by TWO april's fools posts, then this one made three!  Damm!!!  

Offline Dangerously

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2003, 02:16:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SPEED KING:
Before you ask, here is a pic of my streetbike, Slayer, SHUT the hell up...please..    

Wow.. I know if I saw you on the street I'd just wave you by - that bike looks serious.  Is it turboed? What's it run in the 1/4, and how many hp at the wheel?

Offline Dangerously

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by weedpedaler:
hey <snip>

Just curious.. how much money does your brother have tied up in this car?

Offline H8TOBU

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2003, 11:29:00 PM »
I raced a heavily built supra several months back.  We ran from 70mph where the turbos are spooled up about 3/4 of a mile.  They are brainwashed at supra summer camp or something that they will win this race every time.
    My bike at the time looked stock and made right at 200hp.  Same sort of thing.  My car is faster than  blah bla bla.  He had video tape rolling of the entire thing.  He was going to put it on the net once and for all proving supra's are faster than Busa's.  The reason no one ever saw that video is Supra's aren't faster than Busa's.  We took beer money from this poor little rich kid.
Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose

Offline cpdaddy35

• Apprentice Post Whore
Re: Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2004, 08:52:10 AM »
Quote from: H8TOBU
I raced a heavily built supra several months back.  We ran from 70mph where the turbos are spooled up about 3/4 of a mile.  They are brainwashed at supra summer camp or something that they will win this race every time.
    My bike at the time looked stock and made right at 200hp.  Same sort of thing.  My car is faster than  blah bla bla.  He had video tape rolling of the entire thing.  He was going to put it on the net once and for all proving supra's are faster than Busa's.  The reason no one ever saw that video is Supra's aren't faster than Busa's.  We took beer money from this poor little rich kid.

I'm just curious, what kind of hp do you think is needed to run with a bike with 200hp? 950 or so?  I guess you are referring to rwhp?

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2004, 09:36:55 AM »
Dyaaam :shock:  ... thread resurection.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2004, 10:14:46 AM »
Quote from: cpdaddy35
Quote from: H8TOBU

I'm just curious, what kind of hp do you think is needed to run with a bike with 200hp? 950 or so?  I guess you are referring to rwhp?

More than you got... 8)

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2004, 11:45:29 PM »

Alot more Then 9 fiddy i'm afraid. Perhaps 1300 or maybe 1200hp.

Offline cpdaddy35

• Apprentice Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2004, 11:51:15 PM »
You talking crank hp or rwhp?

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2004, 12:32:17 AM »

As much as you can get to the ground as possible. :lol:  Yes Rwhp.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2004, 01:03:13 AM »

I have 168rwhp on a 530lb bike.  you do the math.

Offline SleeperSupra

• Rider
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2004, 09:32:24 PM »
Quote from: gnd111

It takes about 750 rwhp to trap 145 mph in a stock weight 6 speed Supra.

You trap 144 mph.

A 850 rwhp Supra should be able to hit a 150 mph trap speed. On the highway that should do just fine.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
Hayabusa vs Turbo Supra
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2004, 09:41:54 PM »
Quote from: SleeperSupra
Quote from: gnd111

It takes about 750 rwhp to trap 145 mph in a stock weight 6 speed Supra.

You trap 144 mph.

A 850 rwhp Supra should be able to hit a 150 mph trap speed. On the highway that should do just fine.

Right but his bike has more than enough power to go quicker than that, so it depends on if you mean a roll-on which we all know is a lot easier to do than launch a 1/4 mile.  In a low speed roll it's going to take a lot more than 850hp to beat a 200hp Busa.  But again, it depends on what you are talking abot.

Offline SleeperSupra

• Rider
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2004, 09:49:53 PM »
Quote from: COLDSTONE1300

Alot more Then 9 fiddy i'm afraid. Perhaps 1300 or maybe 1200hp.

I was just pointing out that it does not take 1200 or 1300 rwhp to run a Busa. A 1300 rwhp Supra should trap close to 180 mph.