Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa  (Read 41624 times)

Offline Cannibusa

• Rider
    • http://www.mantamachinery.com
Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:19:31 AM »
wow....... search and ye shall find...
I wouldn't beleive it if I didn't just watch the video and read the thread.
CLICK
Damn.
98 Viper GTS, ummm, it's pretty fast. ;-) (car responsible for 37 page thread)

05 Viper, Stock, Black
05 Rd/Blk Busa
06 GSXR-1000
05 25th Anniv. GSXR-600

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:21:22 AM »
Post the links.. :roll:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline COSMO

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:46:39 AM »
HEY  FALCON A   THERES OLE CANNIBUSA BACK     IM SURE HE WILL EDUCATE EVERYONE

Offline FullTilt

• Post Master
    • http://www.fulltiltlife.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 12:56:23 AM »
Pot stir-er.  :D

Here we go again.

Nice car.
)<

"It isn't easy being green." - Kermit

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 01:03:30 AM »
Awesome Run! So how much hp was the viper using to kill a 275hp Turbo busa? Gotta try a 400hp job now.  :yes:

Offline Brains

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 01:08:36 AM »
I call bullshit!!!

Offline Jebakaturbogsxrpilot

• Mad Post Whore
So I'm having this dream! I'm on my Turbo Busa and these guys are after me in a car, but they can't catch me, So they get a bike, but they can't catch me. So they get a plane, and just as their about to catch me, the TURBO KICKS IN!

Offline HIBOOST

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 01:20:08 AM »
FAST CAR!!!! :shock:

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 01:35:32 AM »
Quote from: COLDSTONE1300
Awesome Run! So how much hp was the viper using to kill a 275hp Turbo busa? Gotta try a 400hp job now.  :yes:

How about 430+ HP?  Im game  :D

Ahab

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 01:38:25 AM »
........is it me, or did the busa start the race behind the viper from the start?

Offline HIBOOST

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 01:42:07 AM »
Quote from: Ahab
........is it me, or did the busa start the race behind the viper from the start?

Here we go.

THE BIKE GOT BEAT!!!! :D  Bike vs TT Viper :shock: ???

1 more Busa kill!

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 01:47:31 AM »
Quote from: HIBOOST

Here we go.

1 more Busa kill!

Talk to your boy, set it up.  I'll take him on...  I'll ram that TT Viper up his ass.

Ahab

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 01:50:44 AM »

Here we go.

1 more Busa kill!

........simmer down hot stuff.......YES, the busa got beat.......

its a simple question  though......did, or did not, the busa start BEHIND the viper? Im not start a pissin contest.....IM ASKIN A QUESTION!  :lol:

Fuckin fast car.............

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 02:08:37 AM »
:roll:

Alright............

I usually stay out of these lame ass posts because I know that there are some seriously quick/fast cars out there, but I just gotta chime in on this one.........

THAT WAS TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

PERIOD.

The Busa starts BEHIND the Viper????

And the rider never even tucks???? (He is small enough too, but he just sits up like he's begging for a Scooby snack.)

I'm 390lbs, and at 170mph I'm doing everything I can to tuck down as much as possible because the wind blast at those speeds feels like it's gonna punch you right off the bike! That rider just casually sat there?! Yeah, I don't think so............

And I think I saw the rider only shift once???

What, did he start his roll-on in 5th gear???

500lb bike + 180lb rider = 680lbs

680lbs/275h.p. = 2.47lbs per h.p.

3500lb car + 150lb driver = 3650lbs

3650lbs/1200h.p. = 3.04lbs. per h.p.

That's ASSUMING that the Viper was producing at least 1200h.p.

like I said............................

BULLSHIT

pretty pathetic attempt at TRYING to make it look like he beat a Turbo Busa........... :roll:
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 02:17:05 AM »
Now Come on lets keep it civil atleast. Even the viper driver knows there's way stronger turbo busa's out there. He state's this and says he want's to build a T-busa as well. After seeing this car, one can only imagine what kind of Turbo busa would emerge from his bank account.

This is the first car we've seen clearly do this with a stage 1 power level Turbo busa (only 275hp) and if i'm guessing right from a past quote about the car putting 1200ib/ft of torque to the ground, then that should equate to atleast 1100rwhp which sounds about right. Remember Nickslick vs. Dana? That car was a bit over 900rwhp and may have pulled nick if not for running out of gear. What the viper did doesn't surprise me really.

With this said ya phantoms 430hp busa should change things. Yancy's turbo busa slams 256 in one mile with about the same power. No other car or bike there in it's class doing that. Thing is I'd like to see Phantoms 430hp against a 1500rwhp cage and I think i spotted one such dyno figure on the vipers thread. And there is marko's 1500hp supra. Seeing one of dennis's 600hp ultra kits against one would be interesting. Hopefully we'll see some of this happen if cooler heads previal.

Fulltilt. This alone is SEQUEL Material.  :yes:

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 02:24:23 AM »
A MR TURBO KIT :roll:  :roll:
THATS LIKE SAYIN YA CAUGHT A GAZELLE WHEN IT HAD 3 LEGS :roll:  :roll:

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 02:35:24 AM »
Take a car like the TT viper, put it in a catagory.  Do the same with a Busa.

Viper Catagory #

1:  Stock Viper. ( ? HP)

2:  Slightly modded Viper. ( 500-800 HP)

3:  Agressivly modded Viper. (800-1000 HP)

4:  The badest of the bad Vipers. (1200+ HP)

Busa Catagory #

1:  Stock Busa. ( 150-170?HP)

2:  Slightly Modded Busa. ( 200-300 HP)

3:  Agressivly Modded Busa. ( 300-550 HP)

4: Ultimate Badest of the bad Busa. ( 550-700 HP)

Id put the Mr. Turdbo Busa in the catagory #2.   Id put My Busa in the catagory #3 range.  Now where does the Viper land in it's respective catagory?  I know very little about the Vipers, But with twin Ts, she has to be at the top of her class.  It just piss' me off when a car guy clames VICTORY over a Turbo Busa and posts it all over the place like that.  I know im dangerously close to puking out excuses for the biker world, but that's not what Im trying to do, nor is it the point im trying to make.  

The point im trying to make is this, If your going to race an uper class car like a TT viper, Or the Virtual works Supra, or any car in the higher class of horsepower range.  I think you should race it with a higher class HP BUSA like mine, or Hanks, or RobOptis SKII, Or SJJbuSa, or the MAny, MANY other Busa brothers that are pushing over 400 hp.  I mean it's like me trying to race Hank on his Black Beauty, we are just in a differant class.  To me, it's pointless.

You add 200 Hp to a car that is already modded like the Viper, Supra, Vette, Mustang, yeah you can feel the hit, sure you can tell it's faster.

Add 200 HP to a Busa that already has 275HP, you not only notice it, but it's explosivly faster.  It's not even in the same catagory.  It boils down to power/weight ratio.  It's an exponetial thing.

SOMEBODY find that guy with the TT Viper, ask him to meet me half way, I will pay for FullTilts plane ticket and super, so he can video the race..  Ask that TT Viper guy if he is willing to race an apples to apples, oranges to oranges, equally modded Busa, someone in the same catagory of High performance machines.  

SET IT UP!!!!  I WILL TAKE HIM ON ANYDAY!!!  

SOMEONE SET IT UP WITH THE VIRTUAL WORKS SUPRA!  I WILL TAKE HIM ON!  ANYDAY!

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 02:44:17 AM »
Sorry cold stone, and MotorHead, I was typing all that while you both posted.  You both made my point for me...... Now............LETS GET IT ON>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Matt Sterbator

• Rider
    • http://www.JaxRacing.com
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 03:35:30 AM »
I knew I recognized that bike.

Saw him a month or so ago at the track. Not a very impressive bike OR rider. It appeared as if he hadn't really raced before, kinda the same way it looks in this video. Not to be a dick or anything  :D

Hell, I'll race the Viper, and I'm only 2 hours away... but I don't got a turbo Busa  :wink:

Offline fstbusa

• Mad Post Whore
  • g0t B00st?
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 05:25:03 AM »

Here we go.

1 more Busa kill!

I would say for 150+k I sure as fuck hope it would beat it. christ let me put 150k in a bike and show it whats up.

nice car though... fast as hell.
03 40th Ann. Ghetto Busa

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
  • Slow is for cookin' Brisket
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 05:58:04 AM »
The Busa rider looks like he is casually driving or not even trying...no tuck, no nothing.     Plus like I said @ Hayabusa.org , if you went thru all that trouble for this race then why do you only have this crappy footage?  I say its a full on set-up or the Busa does not put out 275hp.

Offline BLT_GSX

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 06:10:15 AM »
Race only up to 180mph & the rider was not even tucked?

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 06:46:08 AM »
I really don't see the point about whether or not the bike was at the back of the driver's side door or not. Fact is, he didn't pull or really stay even  when they started.

Did the rider look like Mr. Racer? No. But, maybe seeing the car pulling on him, rather than him pulling the car. Was, enough to shock him...
The guy was seen running at the local track. 5.9 @ 126. That's enough to get him into the very low 9's.

Either way, Gary knows he was just racing an entry level turbo busa. There's another post on here that talks about it... So don't start jumping all over the video, or the participants.

It was one race, that was set-up to find out what kind of match-up it would make. Now we've seen it. Simple as that.

I'm sure the bike owner, will re-dyno things and come back with more, or somebody will come along with around 300 or so, and try things again.

Remember, the key to getting more of these races is to be "cool" about it, and not start flame wars about the rider not being worth a shit, or screaming bullshit. I have, posted back and forth with Gary, and he is more than game to have friendly races like this to actually see what his car is capable of. He's not running around town yelling, "The Vipers are coming, The Vipers are coming!"

Watch the video, and take it or what its worth... If you don't like it, than contact Gary, and professionally ask him if there's a way something can be set-up. Don't contact him, and say "my bike will stomp you ass from  0-180 60-180, 80-200? Whatever you want!! You wanna fuckin' race or what?
Note, the more respect you have for the other person, and the more mature you are about things, usually helps get them done...

:thumb:
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline Fathouse

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 07:09:34 AM »
When I watch that vid, when the bike guy takes off, looks  like he is just sitting there,  twist the grip and doesnt really go anywhere.  What gear was he in 4th or something.

I ride a ghetto bike, if I slam my throttle open at 80mph in the right gear, I had BETTER be paying full attention, cause my bike will violently accerlerate leaving a black mark on the ground.

Maybe Mr Turbo just sucks that bad.   :lol:

Fathouse

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 07:13:55 AM »
Blackhawk...well said  :thumb:
Thomas