Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa  (Read 41584 times)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2005, 10:25:57 PM »
Quote from: JR
Nick,

i agree with you.....   on a road race track,  a tube frame, 250 HP purpose built, 1200 lb. "real" race car laps a horsepower track like Road America at least 5 seconds a lap faster than an AMA Superbike.. .  and the bike has a faster top speed.  i didn't believe it until it was proven to me..  Bottom line:  race cars are faster around most tracks than race bikes... and i am not talking about indy champ cars...  It's all about the turns and 4 wheels make a difference..

sure, and formula one times are about 60 seconds better than superbikes too, but viper chassis are a far cry from from any track built race car, and track pilots are a far cry from street pilots  :wink:

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2005, 10:32:38 PM »
Quote from: SleeperSupra
Seems that little scratch cut you pretty deep....     :wink:

honestly I could care less, I just call it the way I see it, I guess a proper response  to "OH MY, TURBO VIPER TAKES OUT TURBO BUSA" should have been more politically correct, or one that wouldnt bruse anyones ego, or make busa riders look bad, or get anyones panties in a knot, should have simply been, "SO WHAT"  :shock:

Offline wo23dodge

• Rider
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2005, 10:54:04 PM »
so what would have been good,or how about holy shit,that thing is fast?

I hope the man beats more more high HP Busas but then I am biased,been a mopar man for 20 plus years,only had my busa a little over a month,when I parked it tonight it had 569 miles :)

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies
« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2005, 11:14:02 PM »
Quote from: wo23dodge
so what would have been good,or how about holy shit,that thing is fast?

I hope the man beats more more high HP Busas but then I am biased,been a mopar man for 20 plus years,only had my busa a little over a month,when I parked it tonight it had 569 miles :)

you are but a busanewb, soon you to will come to the dark side...

i saw a turbo supra beat a turbo busa. i called bs. they called me out so i went to vegas and raced the turbo supra. my bike is naturally aspirated, no turbo. most people agree that the race was too close to call, including me. the point is that turbo anything doesnt mean much unless the weakest link of yours is stronger than the weakest link of his. the vehicle has to be a "package deal".

people think that money can buy this, and it isnt true. motorheads turbos are a good example of what i mean by a package deal. proven, reliable, fast. hell, it took me years of testing to build my own bike.

my respect is given not to the man who spent the most, but who BUILT the best machine.

i guess im just rambling.

MY ANIMATED GIRLY GIF IS BETTER THAN YOURS PUNK. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

Offline wo23dodge

• Rider
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2005, 11:21:04 PM »
we have a local guy here with a non turbo Busa beat a guy with a turbo Busa,guess the turbo guy talked a lot of smack,or at least his buddies did,well untill he got beat :)

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2005, 11:24:08 PM »
Quote from: Twisted
huge egos at steak

Did someone say Steak?... Ummm Ruth's Chris, medium rare ribeye.  :)

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2005, 10:19:20 AM »
Nice race,
Personally, I think tucked or not he got beat.
Seems like a pretty fast car.
I would like to see a rematch with someone on a Ghetto.
Maybe we can get Dennis out there?
That would be really good to watch.
Gary, If you are looking to build a Turbo Busa, you came to the right place.
Thanks for hosting the race, hope you get to see the video off the back of the Busa next time !
 :wink:

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2005, 11:48:14 AM »
That Viper is BAD! :wink:

I didn't read all the BS here.
What gear did the Busa start in?
Looked to be 3rd.
If not, it's awfully weak.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
Re:Turbo Viper Needs To Try Again...
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2006, 09:49:33 AM »
Well I have read most of this thread,

From where I sit I have to say if they agreed to go 80 and hit it, did that, and he did not keep up, he lost.

I do not consider what I saw in that footage "a race" though. It looked like a couple guys out on the road that "hit it", that's all, and that bike and rider did not keep up for whatever reason - he lost.

I don't know about the rest of you, but wouldn't you agree a true race involves Both driver skill and a well built vehicle?

We have street races once in awhile out here in various locations and we have a geek with a scanner who is always a step ahead of the local cops for us to break it up and split. We put down VHT Track Bite and bring the water. No one is allowed forward of the line. One spotter car sits down 1/2 mile (or more if that is the race agreement).

You want to race out here, you start with your foot on the brake - PERIOD.

If you need to roll start, you need to learn to hook your ride up to pavement.

I'm sure not all will share this sentiment, but most major sanctioning organizations do.

This being said, let's arrange to do it again, 1/4, 1/2 or mile run. I don't care, hell I would put up some money on the 'Busa to see it.

Park them on the line and start 'em - That would be a hell of a race.  :)

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
Re: Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2006, 10:46:38 AM »
GARY, SWEET FUCKING CAR!!!!  I personally LOVE the Viper.  My father has an RT and I had a lot of fun driving that bad boy.

My only issue is with the rider on the bike.  I simply can't get past the fact he doesn't TUCK.  And he says he has 275 HP....LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  My 1st Turbo BUSA had a 255HP on it's first stage and would smoke the tire at 150mph if I waked it open hard and want to tear right out of my hands.  There is something wrong going on there.

I am not really into these types of races, look at what it causes!!!!  But 180mph is not a "race" for a turbo BUSA.  Hell if I stayed into it my turbo would still be spiining it's rear tire at 180 mph.  So knowing how a 270HP turbo bike feels and rides, I know for a fact there is something wrong with that boys bike.  Not to mention the fact the Mr. Turbo kit is about the worst kit you can buy.

When you build your bike go with MOTORHEAD or NLR, you can't go wrong with those guys.

BTW, did I mention you have a FUCKING SWEET ASS CAR.......  Can you see the drool?!?!?!?!   :drool:  No matter what anyone says, your car is the shit.

Now you need a REAL TURBO BUSA for yourself, to park along side that beast.
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
HEY  FALCON A   THERES OLE CANNIBUSA BACK     IM SURE HE WILL EDUCATE EVERYONE

Here we go again, Viper is sooo fast ohh my its the ultimate car. Cannibusa you sure have an inferiority complex. Again, take out that stupid-ass V-10 and transplant in a crate Hemi, and then you at least have a decent engine! The 10 is an embarassment and you know it! Stop trying to make it look like its something its not.  :duh:

Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2006, 11:16:22 AM »
Oh damn.
This thread is back.
 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh yeah,  vipers suck, busas suck, yada, yada, yada....
there,
we're done with this thread.....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:18:53 AM by grecco »

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2006, 12:08:57 PM »
HOLY FU**ING SHIT!!!!!  I just read all 13 pathetic pages of this thread.  All I can say is WOW. 

Gary I gave your car props before, but I must give you props, I would have been BULLSHIT if I was you.  I think you should have found a better Turbo BUSA to race.  I love your car, but I can't get past the race.  That is simply not how a Turbo BUSA reacts, even with a mere 275HP.  I think that's why you are getting so much flack.  I am not sure what's going on, but something is seriously wrong.  I think other memebers reacted as they did simply because we know better.

TWISTED, wow man remind me never to piss you off, your relentless.....

Chin Nuts, you don't want to be calling people closet queers as much as you do.  That much gay bashing leads me to wonder about your sexual orientation.  Don't even start with me, I am not starting shit, just letting you know what it lloks like to someone who reads all 13 pages at once.  I must say you are entertaining and clever.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say in another context.

Everyone, you guys jumped all someone the other day for calling a black guy "brutha" and no one has a problem all this homosexual bashing.  Seriously how do u think gay people on this site feel about that??? 

I am sure I will get someone making a homosexual comment about me soon, I could care less.  Your girl friend/wife knows the truth.   :wink:

Will someone just erase this piece of shit post?!?!?!?!?!?  DENNIS WHERE ARE YOU, working on my TURBO BUSA I hope.  When you get done, erase this stupid BULLSHIT.
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline BoosaRyder

• Rider
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2006, 12:26:02 PM »
The Mr. Turbo kits are the weakest in the industry.
2000 Red/Gray Hayabusa
2006 Black M109R (sold)
2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja
1999 Red Twin Turbo Corvette

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2006, 12:26:58 PM »
GARY, man I just noticed something!!!!   On your post on that Viper site, it says TURBO BUSA SLAYER...   :cussing:  That is just FUCKED UP.  You may have "beat" that sled of a BUSA, but SLAY?!?!?!?  Come on.....

A SLAYER is someone who day after day SLAYS whatever it is they SLAY.  I really don't think beating the slowest turbo busa on the planet earned you that name, considering I am sure there are about 50 Turbo BUSAs on this site that would kill your car if it only did that well against such a sled.  I am not sure why I feel differently, but that nich name goes too far and is a little insulting to those of us how have REAL WORLD 275+HP Turbo BUSAs.

BTW did I mention I think you have a SWEET FUCKING CAR?!?!?!?!?  Did I leave that out????

You still have my respect for that car.   But now I wanna race you since I saw that.........LOL  But regardless who won the race I would still buy you a beer for building such a sick ass car  :beechug:

Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline tinmann8

• Post Master
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2006, 12:59:12 PM »
A MR TURBO KIT :roll:  :roll:
THATS LIKE SAYIN YA CAUGHT A GAZELLE WHEN IT HAD 3 LEGS :roll:  :roll:

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY  :D

Offline ECS Walter

• Rider
    • ECS Performance Tuning
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2006, 01:11:44 PM »
The last couple of Mr Turbo bikes i had on the dyno were lucky to make 185 with the AC crushed under the bodywork and a hidious full exhausts. So he basically beat a stock Busa??
"The worlds Quickest n fastest no-bar bike HH"
Prostreet turbo #754  6.97 & 216.62 / 4.62 & 172
I paid for it, I built it, I ride it!

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
Oops
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2006, 10:10:16 PM »
Well shit.  :shock:

Sorry for causing an already dead horse to be beaten again.

I saw that video is still there, and was hoping we could setup a new race, for the enjoyment of all, because face it, it would be a badass race!

I think both the Viper and a turbo 'Busa would play hell hooking up off the line, and it would be a great race to prove vehicles and driver skills.

THAT would make a great video clip no matter who wins.