Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa  (Read 41641 times)

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 07:21:11 AM »
This Viper beat this Busa, no doubt about it.

Does this mean that this Viper can beat any Busa with the same or similar setup, no but I don't think that is what they are saying.  The outcome coudl very well be much different.

Either way you look at it it's a fast car.

Offline maui

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 11:18:57 AM »
cool car, I'd like to take it out for a ride...

Ahab

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Blackhawk
I really don't see the point about whether or not the bike was at the back of the driver's side door or not. Fact is, he didn't pull or really stay even  when they started.

"I" think that the race began with enough conditions in the cars favor that the lead was further exagerated than what it "could of" been. Had that race been between two "equal" racers....I dont think anyone would argue its validity.

Having said that....."I" DONT think the bike would have won anyway. That is a very fast car: spec sheet and real world. There are a lot of car groups bragging How they beat a stock or lightly modded Busa. There are how many lightly modded Busa's for 1 260-280HP Turbo Busa's ? 10-1? Well.....he beat the Stg1 Turbo.....How many car guys can say that? not many.....

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

.........Now on to racing a Stg 2 setup

:beechug:  :drink:

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 12:59:36 PM »
Quote from: Jynx
Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
A MR TURBO KIT :roll:  :roll:
THATS LIKE SAYIN YA CAUGHT A GAZELLE WHEN IT HAD 3 LEGS :roll:  :roll:

:lmao:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 01:06:59 PM »
i call bs!!!
busa rider has no clue what hes doin!!
im dead serious

Offline big bob

• Post Master
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 01:22:36 PM »
was it just me or did the guy at the end have these on?

:roll:

I guess I wouldn't want to show my face either if I sulleyed the good name of the busa by throwing the race. :lol:

Offline thrasherfox

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 01:36:46 PM »
This is making the rounds.

Somebody with 5 posts just made the same post over at h.org

I call bullshit myself. didnt look like the Busa rider was trying, that or he didnt know what he was doing.

Just my .02

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 01:42:18 PM »
That was the most bull shit race I have ever seen.  THe guy with the busa was just sitting there with his left thumb up his ass while the viper ran off from him.  WTF?  Not saying the viper was not faster but... the busa never looked to even move at all.  My bike in 3rd gear lifts more then that one did from the hit.  275hp my ass... I love turbo cars, especially vipers and no doubt they are faster then busas with turbos but...that race was B.S.

The best race ever was NICKSLICK against the Supra, now that was a real fuckin race and much more indicative of real bike HP.
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline Matt Sterbator

• Rider
    • http://www.JaxRacing.com
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2005, 01:46:27 PM »
Quote from: Blackhawk

Did the rider look like Mr. Racer? No. But, maybe seeing the car pulling on him, rather than him pulling the car. Was, enough to shock him...
The guy was seen running at the local track. 5.9 @ 126. That's enough to get him into the very low 9's.

I completely agree with the rest of your post... but this guy musta gotten ALOT better in the past coupla weeks, cuz I saw him run ALOT of mid 6s @ under 120mph.

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2005, 02:37:44 PM »
I'd be curious to know what gear the Busa was in at 80. 2nd would be the best. If he was in anything like 4th, then forget it.
Igor

Offline Vipertt

• New User!
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2005, 02:40:56 PM »
Jesus stop Crying Bitches. Stop making all these excuses. The Turbo busa got bitchslap. End of Story.

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2005, 02:46:52 PM »
Quote from: Vipertt
Jesus stop Crying Bitches. Stop making all these excuses. The busa got bitchslap. End of Story.

That's you moment ViperTT. Seize it. Enjoy it. Treasure it. Remember it.

CAUSE IT'S NOT GONNA LAST!

All the kidding aside, no one is crying. There are just a few odd things that are noticeable, and we are discussing it.

:bigfu:
Igor

Offline Vipertt

• New User!
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2005, 02:47:17 PM »
:D

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2005, 03:09:06 PM »
Hey guys.  I don't have much time right now, but I wanted to come over and let you know that I will be back later to clear everything up.  To the guys that are being respectful, thanks.  To the skeptics, I'm sure there is nothing I will be able to say to make things clear to you.  Let me quickly say that I loved this race.  Win or lose, I knew it would be an awesome race.  I will be joining you guys soon enough with a turbo Busa of my own.  Just watching that bike in action was so impressive.  I know based on the way I pulled that gsxr1000, that for the Busa to be right there with me, it had to be a really fast(at least to me) bike.  I look forward to discussing this further a little later.  Try not to rip me to shreads in the meantime.  I posted a couple of answers on the thread at the viper alley if you care to read that in the meantime.

Gary Javo
2002 Heffner TT-Viper "Big Red" (1101rwhp on 93 Octane)
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2005, 03:33:14 PM »
Jesus stop Crying Bitches. Stop making all these excuses. The Turbo busa got bitchslap. End of Story.

Wanna race a non-turbo Busa at Gaineville in the 1/4?.... 8)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2005, 03:51:47 PM »
cant d-load to freekin slow, gauranteed B.S. though, viper with 15 lbs of bst beats a turbo busa?

these guys are famous for staging B.S. dont they know everyone is hip to their shit?  :roll:

maybe johnny or hank should go clear things up for them, all their busa riders seem to be getting paid not to smash out on a lame ass viper, its obvious sandbagging when they dont tuck...  :roll:

one things for sure, you wont be seeing the producers of that video in hollywood anytime soon...  :shock:

Mav

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2005, 03:53:41 PM »
Can someone please let me know when a Turbo Viper can do 7.40's @ 203 MPH in the 1/4 on DOT street tires? Then leave the track under it's own power and drive it home... :duh:

I didn't bother on the video. Too slow. Congrats on the win though.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2005, 03:54:45 PM »

how does it feel bitchslapping a bitch?

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2005, 03:56:05 PM »
Busa guy was NOT even tucked - hell i would beat that guy NA and i only run 6.20's in the 1/8th...

Offline crazybill

• Mad Post Whore
    • www.PortTechHeads.com
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2005, 04:24:20 PM »
hate to burst that busa builders bubble.. that rayjay f-40  equipped mr. turbo kit is probably falling pretty far short of his estimated 275hp even at 10 lbs .  they need to get that bike on a dyno . if you dont have those p.o.s. kits tuned by someone good they make less than a big N/A motor .

as far as the race and vid . the bike didnt look like it came on very strong for a turbo bike but Mr. Javo set up a race with a turbo busa and he beat it . cant really deny that . i would really like a stab at that car with my bike , just for shits n giggles .
“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a builder who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2005, 04:30:07 PM »
gary javo,you cannot imagine how dumb you would look if that rider ONLY would be tucked,and maybe in the right gear......
if you run into a270hp busa driven to its potential,youre in for a rude awakening.im not cryin around or search excuses,but its obvious that the busa rider wasnt full on it.cmon dude,you cannot be serious abo0ut that one,he wasnt even tucked.
your car is fast and nice,owned a viper myself,but please be down to earth and dont take that outcome to serious.THAT WAS NO RACE!!!!why prepare everything and film it and then fuck everything up??

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2005, 04:38:32 PM »
Gary welcome again to the board! I hope another run can be arranged. Preferably against a 400 something hp turbo busa but I also  would love to see someone with a 275rwhp "Ghetto kit" turbo busa from this boards tuner, The motorhead, Run ya. Like one of the "hecklers" at the viper boards stated that not all 800rwhp vipers run the same, the same thing follows in the turbo busa world as well.

To put it bluntly so the viper guys may understand, A Mr. Turbo kit compared to the likes of the bikes built by the tuner here and what he uses, along with bikes from velocity racing and Superkaos (Phantombusa's 430hp being one example) is kinda like comparing a Hennessey Build against a Heffner build. There IS no comparison in performance and quality. Like hennessy, Mr. Turbo has a few good show ponies out there that have done impressive and got attention but customer satisfaction to the street product is a entirely different Horror story.

But bottom line is you guys ran and a win is a win. I just hope that cool heads will prevail here and something cool can be arranged for filming in the near future. Seeing that your interested (and seem well knowledged) in a turbo busa,  I can imagine you might eventually have a T-busa that could surpass this one:

This is RoboTi's daily street driver. It's velocity kit along with the motor being toughned up allows it to produce over 500hp at the back wheel on 20ib's of Boost without a problem. The below pic is GPS verified of what he did on just 12ib's of boost (probably 320-350hp) with power and gear left.

Besides this Readings of around 240mph are usually the norm for those with 400-450rwhp T-Busa's (along with getting there extremely quick). Some customers have showed such results here and on other boards. This should make ya happy although i hope this isn't your first bike.  :shock: Thing is I have to ask if you topped your car out or have a good idea of it's top end ability? We've seen and heard of 1200hp to 1500hp vipers and supra's before but have never seen anyone showing these cars doing any speeds comparable to that of what a stage 2 Turbo busa did on a highway in a mile or less. It's always runs up to 180mph or 200mph. Just curious if you can enlighten us of anything comparable to the above. Thanks again and welcome.  :beechug:

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Twisted
cant d-load to freekin slow, gauranteed B.S. though, viper with 15 lbs of bst beats a turbo busa?

these guys are famous for staging B.S. dont they know everyone is hip to their shit?  :roll:

maybe johnny or hank should go clear things up for them, all their busa riders seem to be getting paid not to smash out on a lame ass viper, its obvious sandbagging when they dont tuck...  :roll:

one things for sure, you wont be seeing the producers of that video in hollywood anytime soon...  :shock:

You are clearly a stand up guy.  I bet you would be surprised how many opportunities that have passed you by in life because of your shit attitude.  I come as a guest to your board to try to keep the lines of communication open between the two groups, and your narrow minded mentality shuts me down.  Great move.  "Lame ass viper"... clearly :roll:   I was hoping this would go differently, but it doesn't look like that is going to be possible.  

To some of the guys who want to speak reasonably, come over to the viper alley, and I will keep things down over there for you.  Thanks.

Gary Javo
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline maui

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2005, 04:50:08 PM »
Quote from: GARY JAVO
Hey guys.  I don't have much time right now, but I wanted to come over and let you know that I will be back later to clear everything up.  To the guys that are being respectful, thanks.  To the skeptics, I'm sure there is nothing I will be able to say to make things clear to you.  Let me quickly say that I loved this race.  Win or lose, I knew it would be an awesome race.  I will be joining you guys soon enough with a turbo Busa of my own.  Just watching that bike in action was so impressive.  I know based on the way I pulled that gsxr1000, that for the Busa to be right there with me, it had to be a really fast(at least to me) bike.  I look forward to discussing this further a little later.  Try not to rip me to shreads in the meantime.  I posted a couple of answers on the thread at the viper alley if you care to read that in the meantime.

Gary Javo

Gary-

very nice car. Maybe you can provide some HP numbers or maybe some 1/4 mile numbers?

I think what many here are having trouble with is that "roll on" races are very subjective and generally prove very little. Yes your car hauls ass and you have every right to be proud. Hell I think it's a ground shaker.

I think you'll find that most people like to see a good comparison like this as long as you can back it up with some real numbers. Was the Turbo busa actually dyno'd at 275? I rode with a guy on a turbo busa and could stay right with him on my na busa when we did a roll on from 80 mph......Sometimes a turbo bike is not running 100% up to par.

Last year a few of the boys did some multiple runs with a supercharged Viper. I believe it was clean over the 800+rwhp mark. What was surprising was that a mild tune busa with a good rider was able to stay with it pretty easily and even start to edge away. The stock busa was beat by a consistent margin each time. When a 200rwhp na busa rolled on it, there was a clear advantage to the busa. These runs were made several times and filmed from many angles.

I know the first time I ever raced a Viper, the guy said he had never seen anything like that in his life. His car was nothing like yours, but then again my busa was 100% stock at the time.

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »
Coldstone,
Thanks for the welcome.  I was just about to give up over here.  I totally acknowledge that all kits are not created equal.  I was talking with a few members a while back about what kit to go with.  It sounds like Velocity is who I am going to go with.  That bike you posted is absolutely sick!!  I'm sure that is way too much for me.  I will probably start out by bolting on a kit to a stock motor.  I think it would be wise to move up the natural progression of performance from a Busa.  I have nothing against lining up a race with another(respectful) turbo Busa.  I agree that it would be nice to know where this bike really stands as far as horsepower goes.  I would love to see how bad I would get crushed by a 400rwhp Busa.  It would give me something to look forward to.  As far as the speed question.  I'm not too crazy about the really high speeds.  180-190 or so is about as fast as I care to go in a car.  I look forward to my build and hope(with the exception of one or two village idiots) to get good info from the board members in the know.
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa