Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa  (Read 41588 times)

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
Oh My, Turbo Viper takes out Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2005, 05:05:09 PM »
Maui,
I totally agree about the HP figures.  But remember, that was the builders quote, not mine.  I made it a point to not to say anything about his HP #'s, because I had no way to verify them.  If there is someone close that knows their HP #'s for sure and would like to know exactly what would happen with those power levels, let me know.  I would be willing to speak with someone(preferably a non-idiot) who is willing to be respectful about the situation.  Also, if there is someone up near Baltimore that has a big bike, Jason Heffner would probably be willing to set something up with one of his cars.  Either way, it would be cool to see how bikes at different power levels stack up against cars at different levels.  I would like to see these lines of communication remaine open because I feel it helps keep both groups on their toes. :D
2002 Heffner TT-Viper "Big Red" (1101rwhp on 93 Octane)
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2005, 05:20:48 PM »
Quote from: GARY JAVO
Maui,
I totally agree about the HP figures.  But remember, that was the builders quote, not mine.  I made it a point to not to say anything about his HP #'s, because I had no way to verify them.  If there is someone close that knows their HP #'s for sure and would like to know exactly what would happen with those power levels, let me know.  I would be willing to speak with someone(preferably a non-idiot) who is willing to be respectful about the situation.  Also, if there is someone up near Baltimore that has a big bike, Jason Heffner would probably be willing to set something up with one of his cars.  Either way, it would be cool to see how bikes at different power levels stack up against cars at different levels.  I would like to see these lines of communication remaine open because I feel it helps keep both groups on their toes. :D

well part of the issue with the Mr. turbo set up is that it doesn't posess the torque that alot of the other turbos have..spool time is slow on the mr.turbo kit...
When I had my turbo bike it hit over 100ft./lbs of torque by 4000. and had over 300 horse from 8000 to redline (10,800) it's really hard to tell if that bike was runnning good as your were botth accellerating rapidly...
bluntly put though you tore him up not sure if it was because of lack of tuning or the turbo set-up or the rider.. could of (and probaly was a combo of all the above.) my bike wasn't near as long as that guys but I know that from 80 I would of been in second and the bike would of definately wheelied at 80 in second..
I also seen the previous videos of the supra racing the bikes and the big bore bike with the 40 shot had a definate advantage over the car.
I think that bike made like 240..
what gear did the guy on the bike start in?? (it may of been discussed but I didn't read the intire thread) I think you said you were in third.

One thing that is no doubt is that your car is BADASS!! I hope you get yourself a turbo bike to enjoy because you will love it.. :beechug:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline TheBull350

• Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2005, 05:22:02 PM »
well on high speed after 20minutes i'm at 12% downloaded  :lol:

if this is true, I gotta say DAMN NICE CAR!! i cant wait to see it, after dinner ,,,,,,,maybe,,,,,,, :cry:

i agree with what phantom busa said about what category the car and bike would be in. that thing (the car) would def. be in the top levels' of viper's with the bike only being in the near bottom.

BUT, the hp/weight of that car is truely amazing!

now i'm at 13% downloaded, maybe i need twin turbo to speed things up  :lol:
SOLD:2004 Blue/Silver

SOLD:2003 Silver/Grey Busa Velo stage1                                                                                                                                            M109 COMMING SOON!

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2005, 05:25:59 PM »
for hire,
You have good points.  You are probably right about the tuning and rider etc., but let's not forget that I am no professional driver either.  A lot of folks mention that the rider could be partially at fault, and that is possible, but noone ever mentions that a 1000HP car is not the easiest thing in the world to pilot either.  I'm pretty sure he started in second.  It seems that would be the obvious gear to start in.  Thanks for the "welcome" and I will be sure to hit you up for some info when the time comes.
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2005, 05:27:17 PM »
Bull,
Sorry it's taking so long.  A friend of mine hosted it.  I'm sure it is getting blown up right now!!
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2005, 05:34:40 PM »
So we gonna meet in Gville sometime?  I'll get Matt there for a highway roll on with you and he is all motor...

Offline thrasherfox

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »
Ok, I personally thought that was some funny shit lol

Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
A MR TURBO KIT :roll:  :roll:
THATS LIKE SAYIN YA CAUGHT A GAZELLE WHEN IT HAD 3 LEGS :roll:  :roll:

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2005, 06:02:14 PM »
Quote from: thrasherfox
Ok, I personally thought that was some funny shit lol

Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
A MR TURBO KIT :roll:  :roll:
THATS LIKE SAYIN YA CAUGHT A GAZELLE WHEN IT HAD 3 LEGS :roll:  :roll:

:lmao:

Offline maui

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2005, 06:05:50 PM »
Maui,

builders quote higher numbers sometimes for "sales" reasons. unless you put a bike like that on a dyno it's just guessing. Dennis "themotorhead" is someone I would consider an expert on turbo bikes. He gives numbers as they roll off his dyno.

Have you had your car on the dyno yet? I'd like to see more pictures of your car with the hood up or during the build stage.  

As far as being a pro driver, I've raced bikes and cars. I always thought cars were easier to get good numbers out of. Bikes make big numbers...but the skill level is more consuming.

Another venue you should consider would be the Maxton Mile. Theres also a Texas mile. Either of these would give you real world numbers on a bigger track.
heres a link for the Texas track..you're on your own for the Maxton Mile....but there are a bunch of guys here who can hook you up. This might be an interesting level for you to take your car too...
http://www.texasmile.com/

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2005, 06:32:32 PM »
Bull,
Sorry it's taking so long.  A friend of mine hosted it.  I'm sure it is getting blown up right now!!

I downloaded it from someone else on the site over there and it downloaded real fast..

Gary, I wasn't trying to take anything away from you at all.
what you did is amazing whether the kid knew what he was doing or not.
I know that when any n/a bike takes a loss to a car people always say "get a turbo bike to race them"
well you debunked that theory didn't you??
congrats again... :beechug:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2005, 06:38:02 PM »
Quote from: Mav
Can someone please let me know when a Turbo Viper can do 7.40's @ 203 MPH in the 1/4 on DOT street tires? Then leave the track under it's own power and drive it home... :duh:

I didn't bother on the video. Too slow. Congrats on the win though.

There running in the 7.80's on DoT tires. Heffner Vipers are insane. I am not 100% why ppl take offence. In a top end run it is very possible for a 1200 hp Viper to beat a 270 hp Busa. Why disrepect it? Can it beat a 700 hp Busa?? No but can a 700 horse Busa beat a fuel dragser? Its all perspective. I think Vipers are amazing cars I love them. If I had the money I would own one, but instead I have a Stealth hehe. /shrug seems just a bit like ppl dont want to belive a Busa can ever be beat.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline gabusa

• Post Master
  • REVENGE IS MINE
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2005, 07:17:32 PM »
i can always appreciate any car that fast! any car that can out run any bike (except maybe a hardley) is respectable. you have an awesome car so congratulations on building a monster. you will always catch flack from people, and i agree with some of what they are saying. but you seem to be a cool guy and understand where they are coming from. i have never raced a car like that, so i will join my pal jax pal gnd and say lets have a get together, i can test out my new k5 thats coming in next week!  :wink:
anyway, bad ass car, cool vid,  keep em coming and next time race a rider who looks like they have some racing skills. regardless, you got a fast as shit car, take me for a ride if you are ever in town.

Ahab

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2005, 07:21:47 PM »
I know that when any n/a bike takes a loss to a car people always say "get a turbo bike to race them"

:yes:    ....on ta the next level...... :drink:

Offline TheBull350

• Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2005, 07:27:53 PM »
Bull,

hey! it's done!

only ~3hrs on high speed....  :shock:

SOLD:2003 Silver/Grey Busa Velo stage1                                                                                                                                            M109 COMMING SOON!

Offline TheBull350

• Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2005, 07:46:41 PM »
gotta say, if i had the money and lived in an area that didnt snow 5 out of 12month's i'd take that one. looks sleeper!

That is awsome.

We all gotta think of what were doin. we are taking some of the worlds quickest production vehicles (bikes included) and doubling and tripling the hp. That is a feat all it's own. If we were all mear tire kicker's we'd question what the fuck someone was thinkin, but were not. When hank hit 700+hp, or when chris (mcbusa) took the trophy at ami last year we all bowed down to the all mighty numbers. This car is the same for the viper guy's, it's VERY VERY respectable that they're gettin 1200+hp out of that beast.

bottom line, there's some fast shit out there. no matter who's actually quicker or has more hp. there's alot of ego's behind all these machines since it's taken tons of money, time, and dedication. he beat a turbo busa. regardless of where the bike started, he had a hard time staying there.

yes there's busa's that will beat him, i'm sure there's ton's of vehicles that will beat him, but that goes both way's. when or where do the comparisson's stop?

they were out for some fun and gary sound's like he had some! that's what we all do it for right?

Nice car!

Marcus

Offline gabusa

• Post Master
  • REVENGE IS MINE
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2005, 08:38:53 PM »
damn it, someone host this on a server that is faster than taking 5 hours to download! ahh, cable modem for nothing!

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2005, 12:23:12 AM »
interesting.

remember the turbo busa that got beat in a similiar video by the white Virtual works turbo supra that I later raced? he was running a similiar turbo as the bike in this vid, and was beaten.

also, kerry's bike (piloted by the skilled biggerdanno) turbo that fell to the nos busa as well.

based on my personal experience racing turbo vehicles, im saying that just because it has a turbo, doesnt mean that its unbeatable. it has alot to do with your gearing, starting speed, how and where your engine produces its power, vehicle weight, and of course the rider.  i think in this race the GEARING made more difference than anything.  

hell, id race eithier of the two people in the video...

MY ANIMATED GIRLY GIF IS BETTER THAN YOURS PUNK. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

Offline FullTilt

• Post Master
    • http://www.fulltiltlife.com
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2005, 03:05:47 AM »
Gary,

Welcome. Glad you came. Also, way to keep the discussion civil and productive.

Boys, be nice to our esteemed visitor and some of the questions folks are asking may be answered by making some of the suggested matchups happen.

Perhaps it is time for another installment of Kings of the Street.
)<

"It isn't easy being green." - Kermit

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2005, 03:48:46 AM »
Quote from: Twisted
cant d-load to freekin slow, gauranteed B.S. though, viper with 15 lbs of bst beats a turbo busa?

these guys are famous for staging B.S. dont they know everyone is hip to their shit?  :roll:

maybe johnny or hank should go clear things up for them, all their busa riders seem to be getting paid not to smash out on a lame ass viper, its obvious sandbagging when they dont tuck...  :roll:

one things for sure, you wont be seeing the producers of that video in hollywood anytime soon...  :shock:

You are clearly a stand up guy.  I bet you would be surprised how many opportunities that have passed you by in life because of your shit attitude.  I come as a guest to your board to try to keep the lines of communication open between the two groups, and your narrow minded mentality shuts me down.  Great move.  "Lame ass viper"... clearly :roll:   I was hoping this would go differently, but it doesn't look like that is going to be possible.  

To some of the guys who want to speak reasonably, come over to the viper alley, and I will keep things down over there for you.  Thanks.

Gary Javo

funny guy, I beat up on volkswagons everyday but I dont post up videos of it then expect people to worship me, in fact I dont even video it...  :roll:

trust me dood, vipers are lame... but hey I got something that will make you feel better...

Lamborghinis fastest automobile, owned by busa
fararri's fastest automobile, owned by busa
porches fastest
mercedes fastest
jags fastest

all owned by busa, in fact the hayabusa is the fastest production vehicle period, so dont be dissed when yer $80,000 american made dodge gets owned by a turbo busa, theres guys out there sportin 3 million dollar imports that get owned by busas all day long...  :oops:

anyways happy trails, next time race someone reputable in the busa world, like john, hank, kevin, or dennis, and we wont need video, they all ride hoopties and they never tuck either...  :duh:

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2005, 04:44:59 AM »
IM GLAD CAR GUYS ARE ADDIN TURBOS TO CARS
MAKES ME  WANNA BUILD ONE TO SPANK EM :D  :wink:

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2005, 07:46:09 AM »
so who's got the baddest turbo busa around.... get out on the streets and video it racing others... if your not the best rider get someone who is... lets see a nice alky/turbo busa pushing >600rwhp race!

it's funny how someone will build one of the most extreme hp machines and then race it against a non-extreme machine... gee I wonder who wins... and then anyone who has that type of machine starts to rant and rave from both sides... just because the most extreme busa may spank most comers doesn't mean anything... just like the most extreme car may spank most comers too...  what does it really mean???

can it be done? Sure, but remember there's always someone quicker or faster with more experience or more money... whatever gets your johnson going.

I think it's great when someone builds a way extreme machine. Kudos to ya'! For the others who haven't done it, remember it doesn't represent you or the other commoners so why do you get so bent over all of this?
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2005, 09:39:35 AM »
Quote from: Busa for hire
Bull,

I downloaded it from someone else on the site over there and it downloaded real fast..

thanks for the props.
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa

suzuki4life

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2005, 09:43:35 AM »
Maui,

Jason and I have already talked. He wants to run 1/4 mile.

suzuki4life

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2005, 09:51:19 AM »
BTW one of the problems bike guys run into is the car guys always wanting to be the fastest or the quickest or just by saying or implying they're the best. Yes a car can be built to achieve a higher speed than our bikes. Yes a car can be built to go quicker than our bikes. Yes a car can be built that can turn faster than our bikes. Now build me a car that can do all 3. With the infinite budgets available to some people it seems no one has truely built a "Busa killer". That in itself is what leaves allot of room and speculation for argument.

btw nice video.

Offline GARY JAVO

• Rider
    • GaryJavo.com
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2005, 10:10:24 AM »
gnd111,
I have my sights set on a turbo bike.  Let me know if you know of one that fits you guys' requirements for a believable race and we will try to work something out.

Maui,
I'll post a pic for you.  My dyno #'s are 930 rwhp 1070rwtq.  Those numbers will fool you.  A turbo viper is a night/day difference from a supercharged viper.

gabusa,
The next time you plan on coming up, PM me and we will get lunch.  I'll have to take you for a ride in my slow grocery getter.

Ahab,
On to the next level indeed.  Looks like I am going to be coming up on the losing end of the next one, but by how much?

Marcus,
You hit the nail on the head.  We are trying to have some fun here right?  I look forward to future events.  

Full Tilt,
Thanks for the welcome.  It is nice to see some folks act decent.  I would love to see how badly a 300-400rwhp Busa would outrun me.  Hell, you gotta lose every once on a while  :)

Twisted,
You beating up a VW is comparable to me racing a turbo Busa??  You're stupidity just kicked all of your colleagues square in the nuts.  Just so that we are clear, you just compared a turbo Busa to a VW.  (Attention all of the critical guys busting my balls about this race:  Twisted just compared a turbo Busa to a VW... sick him boys!!)  

"Vipers are lame."  OK, that's your opinion.  BTW what type of car is in your driveway?  Oh yeah, that's what I thought.  

"so dont be dissed when yer $80,000 american made dodge gets owned by a turbo busa"
I won't get dissed, you idiot, I'll get a Turbo Hayabusa.  

The bottom line is, any intelligent person can see what type of person you are.  Do us all a favor and slip quietly into your life of obscurity.  I'm sure you won't take my advise, but just remember that as you post your mindless drivel here on this forum, I am out in the real world "livin' the dream".  Have fun with your keyboard.  Imbecile.
2003 S600
2008 Hayabusa