Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Need your opinion W/NOS  (Read 2179 times)

Offline BusaFreak1

• Rider
Need your opinion W/NOS
« on: May 04, 2005, 06:10:55 PM »
I know I have been starting a buch of new post here lately but I realy need help w/ this NOS stuff.

I ran my bike on the dyno today for the first time.
Straight motor Mostly stock.
Max power was 179.6

W/wet kit 16 jet on nos and 18 jet on fuel
Max power was 227.0   w/ clutch sliping a little

My ? is what jet do you guy's think I can go safely with out an efir or a progressive controler. Do you think i can go to a 20/22 and get 250 hp ?

Or even if i had to buy the progressive controler and the efir what can i go the safely. Bike is drag only.

Bike with me on it (195lbsuited) w/ 5 inch arm motor only runs a 6.05 @ 118mph. What do you think i'll run with the NOS.

Thanx and sorry again for all the new posts.
06 Blue and silver / Starting all over

Offline Buzzard

• Rider
Need your opinion W/NOS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 08:05:08 PM »
NA motor mostly stock with 180 HP is pretty good.  What did you do to it?

Is clutch stock?  Stockers usually start slipping at about the power level you are running on NOS.  You need to install heavy duty springs before you fry the plates.  They'll slip a lot with 250 HP.

Four #20 jets is good for about 60 HP more than NA.  

Progressive controller will make it easier and safer to ride.  It does nothing to make the engine run safer.

To operate engine safer, get it on a dyno.  If you don't check it on a dyno you might be real sorry.  It's money well spent.  Find optimal timing (a few degrees retarded) and set AF ratio to approximately 11.8 - 12.0.  

What year is bike?  If you have '02 or newer you can retard timing with a PC3r.

Always use high octane fuel to stay on the safe side.  I like to run 120 octane (I get it locally for $5 a gallon).

It's hard to guess what YOU will run, on YOUR bike, at YOUR track - too many factors involved.   In the 1/4 mile you should improve .3 to .8 and around 10-15 MPH.  1/8 ets will be much less impressive.  Especially since you most likely will not be applying all the extra power until half way to the 1/8 mile mark.  You might gain less than you think.  Run it and see what happens.