Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: "Yellow Box" or a "Speedohealer" ?  (Read 12601 times)

Offline neo92631043

• Apprentice Post Whore
"Yellow Box" or a "Speedohealer" ?
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 02:17:19 PM »
I have a yyellow box on my busa and no problems. I don't know if this is a problem that a busa would ever encounter, but a friend of mine whom i helped to install a speedohealer on his '04 R1 has had odd problems with the thing freaking out mid-ride and displaying no speed at all. We are pretty sure that it is heat-related, because the SH is under his seat and it gets really hot under there with the exhaust. On hot days is when it seems to freak out, and after it cools it is fine. Again, I don't think that a busa would encounter this, nor do I know if a yellow box would fix it.  I have a speedo healer on my '02 GSXR 600, but I just thought I would mention it because I know lots of people here have more than one bike.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
"Yellow Box" or a "Speedohealer" ?
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 02:20:35 PM »
yellow box here... no problem with instal, works fine, easy to use... I think eaither route is fine... comes down to costs and I don't know which is cheaper...
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline 04hayabusa

• Rider
SH or YB
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 10:50:33 AM »
Are they both able to calibrate my bike even if its off 20 mph...?

I have a 16 tooth on front and 42 tooth on back..  Its way off

Offline BusaBeast

• Rider
  • Busabeast
    • car and driver
Re: SH or YB
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
Quote from: 04hayabusa
Are they both able to calibrate my bike even if its off 20 mph...?

I have a 16 tooth on front and 42 tooth on back..  Its way off

I got the speedohealer and it calibrated perfect. you have to input all stock stuff and mods like stock sprocket 17 front and 40 rear and 16/42. And it will calibrate it for you on the website and then tell you how to program the speedohealer should take you 10 minutes to install and 5minutes to program. Here is the website click on setup and then online calculator

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/adjust.htm
Some bikes are Show and no Go! but my  Busa is made to Show and GoGoGo!!!