Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hump-Mod  (Read 16908 times)

Offline CaBuss

• Post Master
Hump-Mod
« on: May 12, 2005, 09:01:13 PM »
Just got mine in the mail. Got the butterfly heads, installed them already. I got to say one of the easiest and best Mods to date. You would be suprised how much shit will fit in there..LOL
ERIC

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
Hump-Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 11:26:30 AM »
I see a lot posted about the HUMP MOD, all you have to do is install 6mm studs in place of the bolts and screw on wingnuts and your done. No big deal and cheap, no KIT required. :D

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
Hump-Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 11:57:30 PM »
Hey, Eric,

Glad it worked well for you. Another satisfied customer. Actually, my 12-year old daughter processed your order.

coop, what you describe can be done, however how much time it would take to install a stud? And, how practical it would be to actually unscrew the four wingnuts every time you need to open the hump. And, on top of that, once you unscrew it, it's easy to lose one, especially in dark conditions - not good. As simple as it seems, it's not. Because the key is to make it easy, practical, and reliable.

Igor

HumpMod.com - The easy way
Igor

Offline CaBuss

• Post Master
Hump-Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 11:55:04 PM »
IGOR, Thanks I am a very Happy customer..It is the greatest to be able to bring some stuff out on a long ride...Tell your daughter THANX
ERIC

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
Hump-Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 08:10:08 AM »
Quote from: IG
Hey, Eric,

Glad it worked well for you. Another satisfied customer. Actually, my 12-year old daughter processed your order.

coop, what you describe can be done, however how much time it would take to install a stud? And, how practical it would be to actually unscrew the four wingnuts every time you need to open the hump. And, on top of that, once you unscrew it, it's easy to lose one, especially in dark conditions - not good. As simple as it seems, it's not. Because the key is to make it easy, practical, and reliable.

Igor

I don't see much difference in the 2 ways of doing this. Once I installed the studs they stay there all I have to do is unscrew 4 wingnuts and its off. As far as loosing one in the dark I could just as easily drop one of yours as well. :roll:

Offline CaBuss

• Post Master
Hump-Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 08:32:48 PM »
Coop, not really, his came with retainers to hold the fastners to the white plastic frame. They dont come off, just turn, and bam its open. But to each is own, if yours is how you like it, Then Hell yeah for saving money and making it yourself. I was just lazy and had a few dollars needing to be spent.. Either way its all good,  JUST A DIFFERENT MOUSETRAP??? :wink:
ERIC

Offline nature boy

• Apprentice Post Whore
Hump-Mod
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 10:09:15 AM »
What i miss?
Behold the Turtle.
He only makes progress
 when he sticks his head out!

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
Hump-Mod
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 10:17:29 PM »
Quote from: nature boy
What i miss?

Just follow the link in my sig, and you will see... :)

Igor

Igor

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
Hump-Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 03:28:50 AM »
I just ordered mine. :thumb:

You should put this in the Vendors Section - Parts you make yourself.

There are a lot of new Busa members who are unaware of this mod...

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

flrider

Hump-Mod
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 04:13:50 AM »
I just ordered a set also IG. Does not make sense to try to come up with parts when they are available already. Thanks, Bob

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
Hump-Mod
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 10:06:16 AM »
Thanks for ordering guys. Will ship out today.

Can't post in vendor section. The are a bunch of rules, and one of them is that I have to have at least 100 posts. After that, I will.

Cheers!
Igor

Offline 1300R

• Post Whore
Hump-Mod
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 05:03:27 PM »
IG,
you sent me mine some time ago.
To all others, this is a great mod. (as you all should know) If you don't have this, you should! If you see someone with this and how it works, you'll wish you had it!  :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 11:24:00 AM by 1300R »

Offline NorCalBusa

• Rider
  • I don't page down
Hump-Mod
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 09:53:42 PM »
IG- glad to see Tim M. got to you!  I posted your deal on his board (pashnit) and he was stoked.  He & and I have been yapping about the mod for a year or so, glad he butched up and got yours!  Best of luck with it!

John

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
Hump-Mod
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 10:50:02 PM »
Thanks, John,

Thanks to you, I got the order, already registered at pashnit.com, and already exchanged a few posts with Tim. Cool site. Even my 12 year old daughter noticed very relaxed and friendly atmosphere there.
Igor

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
Hump-Mod
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »
Quote from: Jynx
IG...just call Dennis or send him an email...demand is high enough, I am certain that you can post it in the vendor section.

You are welcome...price will be one hump mod kit.   :lol:

:lol: It's a deal!    PM'ed. Waiting for reply...  :moped:  :smokin:

Igor

Igor

Offline NorCalBusa

• Rider
  • I don't page down
Hump-Mod
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 09:53:01 PM »
For those not familiar; pashnit.com ("pashionate") is the definative California Motorcycle Roads website.  The author is Tim, he's been in several cycle mags and his site gets LOTS of traffic.  It's not even his full time gig, it started as a hobby; photographing where HE rides, then indexing it on a website for kicks.  If ya ever plan to ride CA, or just want to check it out, or have friends coming out- it's the place to check.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

Offline wo23dodge

• Rider
Hump-Mod
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »
What i miss?

Igor

I got mine today and installed them tonight,thanks :)

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
Hump-Mod
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 11:48:55 PM »
Quote from: wo23dodge
What i miss?

Igor

I got mine today and installed them tonight,thanks :)

Got mine too :yes:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline flyingbrian1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
Re: Hump-Mod
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 10:57:26 AM »
Just bought mine.

Offline jtownbusa

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 07:35:51 PM »
just ordered mine it will be nice to have tht extra space!! :lol:

Offline Xhiler8r

• Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 07:30:05 AM »
I went with the tiger racing glove box that is one fine piece of workmanship and even easier thatondoing for screw and nothing to lose but is it way more expensive than IG mod

Cheers   Now Boosted

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
Re: Hump-Mod - extra space for a few $$$
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »
Still the same price - $11.99 for the Basic Kit and $18.99 for Deluxe Kit.

Number of riders from all over the globe are happy with the kit: good ol' USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Finland, Ireland.

Clicky-clicky for all details - HumpMod.com
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:24:38 PM by IG »
Igor

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
Another Happy Customer
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 09:59:42 PM »
It would cost more for me to go round the stuff up, than buy the kit already, so...

Got mine too.

Offline man00

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 10:18:13 AM »
I bought mine off humpmod.com, I had problem with one of the bolts it was quickly replaced by them.
So the service is top notch..IMO  The Mod itslef at least for me doesn't seem any faster than the stock setup.  But thats just me I haven't used it maybe once or twice total.  May be the best overall deal for this mod.

Offline WarpSpeed

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 06:47:31 AM »
Just ordered mine.   A lot to be said for the convenience of pressing a few keys instead of taking the time (and spending the gas money) to run around sourcing pieces all over town.   :thumb:
When in doubt, gas it.   It may not solve the problem but it will end the suspense.

Offline byhalia

• Rider
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 10:41:29 PM »
Xhiler8r,

What did that Tiger job run you?   
We're either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

aidanc

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 07:27:16 AM »
Got this mod last year,great idea and very useful

....Aidan

Offline 06moneypit

• Rider
  • need boost!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »
is that 11.99 tyd? 

Offline phatspaz

• Rider
  • Salisbury, N.C.
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »
I got mine last week.

Went ahead and got the deluxe hump mod.

The hump mod plus shipping was close to 24 bucks.

Once I ordered it I had it in two days.

Handy little mod.

Offline SIG

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 04:38:13 PM »
Hey, Eric,

Igor

IG, I like the way you so politely explain why your system is better. When some one talks about how simple it is to go out and buy.......
 I don't know about anyone else but its cheaper and more convenient to just buy the kit thats already figured out then to spend my time going to home depot only to get home and figure out I need the next size up to make it work.

Good job with this mod IG, I got mine a few months ago.
SIG

Offline byhalia

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »

Sig,

I hear you, but realize that I get immense satisfaction from (while being sometimes overly thrifty) just doing it myself.   I really think that is what motivates some of the comments you refer to.  Including traveling back and forth, if need be to the hardware store.   All part of the satisfaction. 

Actually my hump box has an open hole cut in the center as I basically just push my gloves and geza cover in there.  I never took the time back then to work out a hinge setup. 
Doesn't look that great but it has been functional since '99, and until I buy that Tiger Racing Glove Box, I've recently become aware of.  Been out the loop.

For $25 that deluxe (on this thread)  is still a good item to simply "bolt on".   
We're either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 11:53:31 PM »
Sig,

Thanks for positive comments. Truth be told, Home Depot doesn't carry those parts. I spent a few months trying different things from the manufacturer till I was satisfied. It looks simple as a final product because many other approaches didn't work and I rejected them.

The funny part is I don't know what's more important - a few extra $$ I can make, or the satisfaction I get every time someone orders and writes me back with positive comments.
Igor

Offline terco

• Rider
  • Lake Jackson Texas
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »
I just ordered my hump mod  :D  thanks Igor

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
  • Enjoy The Sunshine... Its shining somewhere.
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »
Thx Coop- Just did the Hump mod. $ 4.92 with tax. Ace hardware. I used red lok tite for hump side. Take a few seconds to ALIGN the hump set screws. Had to grind 1/4" off 1 wing nut to fit proper.
Didi Mao

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 10:43:37 PM »
Oh ayah forgot - the 3/4" door weatherstriping was a left over from work 2 years ago.  :D
Didi Mao

Offline terco

• Rider
  • Lake Jackson Texas
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 07:00:28 AM »
got the hump mod done is great thanks Igor   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 01:14:11 AM »
Thx Coop- Just did the Hump mod. $ 4.92 with tax. Ace hardware. I used red lok tite for hump side. Take a few seconds to ALIGN the hump set screws. Had to grind 1/4" off 1 wing nut to fit proper.

you forgot to add the fuel + time it took.  well over $11.00 :lol:

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »
Naw -I just walked 23 miles to the hardware store. No gas involved. :lol:
Didi Mao

Offline alienyzf

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 09:54:51 AM »
Well worth the $14 with shipping.  Shipped fast and installs easily.  Thank you Igor for putting in the time to make this kit.  I hope it pays you back. 

I thought about this at one time when (I think) Iceman posted on how to get free hardware from southco.  To many must have orderd free stuff before they started charging for samples.  Lost my ambition, but good for you.

No shopping for pieces and parts required.  Just order it you cheap biotches.  One day you will want to use that space.

Not to mention the postal people will get a good laugh seeing hump mod on the envelope and wondering what is inside.
"Cause you can't, you won't, and you don't stop"

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »
Thanks for kind words alienyzf! I went through the frustration with southco. After many weeks of waiting and calling, and finally getting... the wrong size parts, I said to myself there gotta be an easier way. It took a few months of figuring it out, and rejecting non-working approaches before it finally worked well.

It's funny about the mailman. I often wonder what they think. :lol:
Igor