Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hump-Mod  (Read 16909 times)

Offline byhalia

• Rider
Re: Hump-Mod
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 10:41:29 PM »
Xhiler8r,

What did that Tiger job run you?   
We're either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

aidanc

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 07:27:16 AM »
Got this mod last year,great idea and very useful

....Aidan

Offline 06moneypit

• Rider
  • need boost!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »
is that 11.99 tyd? 

Offline phatspaz

• Rider
  • Salisbury, N.C.
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »
I got mine last week.

Went ahead and got the deluxe hump mod.

The hump mod plus shipping was close to 24 bucks.

Once I ordered it I had it in two days.

Handy little mod.

Offline SIG

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 04:38:13 PM »
Hey, Eric,

Glad it worked well for you. Another satisfied customer. Actually, my 12-year old daughter processed your order.

coop, what you describe can be done, however how much time it would take to install a stud? And, how practical it would be to actually unscrew the four wingnuts every time you need to open the hump. And, on top of that, once you unscrew it, it's easy to lose one, especially in dark conditions - not good. As simple as it seems, it's not. Because the key is to make it easy, practical, and reliable.

Igor

IG, I like the way you so politely explain why your system is better. When some one talks about how simple it is to go out and buy.......
 I don't know about anyone else but its cheaper and more convenient to just buy the kit thats already figured out then to spend my time going to home depot only to get home and figure out I need the next size up to make it work.

Good job with this mod IG, I got mine a few months ago.
SIG

Offline byhalia

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »

Sig,

I hear you, but realize that I get immense satisfaction from (while being sometimes overly thrifty) just doing it myself.   I really think that is what motivates some of the comments you refer to.  Including traveling back and forth, if need be to the hardware store.   All part of the satisfaction. 

Actually my hump box has an open hole cut in the center as I basically just push my gloves and geza cover in there.  I never took the time back then to work out a hinge setup. 
Doesn't look that great but it has been functional since '99, and until I buy that Tiger Racing Glove Box, I've recently become aware of.  Been out the loop.

For $25 that deluxe (on this thread)  is still a good item to simply "bolt on".   
We're either part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 11:53:31 PM »
Sig,

Thanks for positive comments. Truth be told, Home Depot doesn't carry those parts. I spent a few months trying different things from the manufacturer till I was satisfied. It looks simple as a final product because many other approaches didn't work and I rejected them.

The funny part is I don't know what's more important - a few extra $$ I can make, or the satisfaction I get every time someone orders and writes me back with positive comments.
Igor

Offline terco

• Rider
  • Lake Jackson Texas
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »
I just ordered my hump mod  :D  thanks Igor

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
  • Enjoy The Sunshine... Its shining somewhere.
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »
Thx Coop- Just did the Hump mod. $ 4.92 with tax. Ace hardware. I used red lok tite for hump side. Take a few seconds to ALIGN the hump set screws. Had to grind 1/4" off 1 wing nut to fit proper.
Didi Mao

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 10:43:37 PM »
Oh ayah forgot - the 3/4" door weatherstriping was a left over from work 2 years ago.  :D
Didi Mao

Offline terco

• Rider
  • Lake Jackson Texas
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 07:00:28 AM »
got the hump mod done is great thanks Igor   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 01:14:11 AM »
Thx Coop- Just did the Hump mod. $ 4.92 with tax. Ace hardware. I used red lok tite for hump side. Take a few seconds to ALIGN the hump set screws. Had to grind 1/4" off 1 wing nut to fit proper.

you forgot to add the fuel + time it took.  well over $11.00 :lol:

Offline Egbert yuk fooie

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »
Naw -I just walked 23 miles to the hardware store. No gas involved. :lol:
Didi Mao

Offline alienyzf

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 09:54:51 AM »
Well worth the $14 with shipping.  Shipped fast and installs easily.  Thank you Igor for putting in the time to make this kit.  I hope it pays you back. 

I thought about this at one time when (I think) Iceman posted on how to get free hardware from southco.  To many must have orderd free stuff before they started charging for samples.  Lost my ambition, but good for you.

No shopping for pieces and parts required.  Just order it you cheap biotches.  One day you will want to use that space.

Not to mention the postal people will get a good laugh seeing hump mod on the envelope and wondering what is inside.
"Cause you can't, you won't, and you don't stop"

Offline IG

• Rider
    • Next Gen Internet
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »
Thanks for kind words alienyzf! I went through the frustration with southco. After many weeks of waiting and calling, and finally getting... the wrong size parts, I said to myself there gotta be an easier way. It took a few months of figuring it out, and rejecting non-working approaches before it finally worked well.

It's funny about the mailman. I often wonder what they think. :lol:
Igor