Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Super bike Mike  (Read 11897 times)

Offline 12Killa

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« on: November 05, 2002, 09:05:00 AM »
Has anyone bought this new thing from him thats suppose to help oil the Busa crank    that fits in the oilpan ? Opinions needed.
Silver &  Gray  2002

Offline SJJBusa

• Mad Post Whore
Super bike Mike
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 11:38:00 PM »
Save your money.......

If there was a legit need for a windage tray, there would have been one on the market long before Stupid Bike Mike's offering.

SJJBusa

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Super bike Mike
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SJJBusa:
Save your money.......

If there was a legit need for a windage tray, there would have been one on the market long before Stupid Bike Mike's offering.

SJJBusa

Please listen to him.  

Offline FLBusa

• Rider
    • http://www.flbusa.com
Super bike Mike
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 12:49:00 PM »
From what I understand...

It's supposed to help prevent oil starvation of the main bearings duing acceleration. There's a group of racers that use busa motors in cars (Radical Racing I think). They use the baffle plates and seem to feel that they're essential. As for whether or not they do any good in a bike... that's kind of open for opinion.
It's OK... I'll wait up for ya!  

www.flbusa.com

Offline Jay

• Post Master
Super bike Mike
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2002, 03:57:00 PM »
Cars do have a way of stacking the oil up on the side of the pan unlike bikes.

Jay

Offline goose

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 05:28:00 PM »
Stay away from Mr Super bike mike..save your money// spend it on more meaningfull mods..

Offline BBBusa

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2002, 05:31:00 PM »
i don't know about the product but i've heard alot of neg about superbike mike jus my 2 cents

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
Super bike Mike
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2002, 05:54:00 PM »
All windage trays do are keep the oil from sloshing around by lying under the crank.  Supposed to help it rev marginally better...  I really don't think it could give a bike more than 1hp if that much...

Offline TECH

• Mad Post Whore
Super bike Mike
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2002, 06:02:00 PM »
Windage trays are used to prevent the turbulence from the crankshaft from actually pulling the oil up from the pan.  This prevents the oil from being pulled up, as well as keeping the crank from dragging through the oil, robbing hp.
I don't believe that all engines would benefit from one, though.

Offline Badbusa1

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2002, 06:55:00 PM »
1st superbike mike has good products! maybe a little more expensive than need be but never the less some good products!

2nd  I have a 62in wheel base busa and every time I left hard the oil light would come on and then go off about 1/2 way thru 1st gear.  I dont run my oil low in it i actually run it a little higher,Iwould rather have a couple less HP than a spun rod. After I installed this baffle he makes it has never had the oil light on again.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
Super bike Mike
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2002, 07:51:00 PM »
Most wet sump engines will probably benefit from a windage tray - some more than others - dry sump engines obviously do not.

Offline FLBusa

• Rider
    • http://www.flbusa.com
Super bike Mike
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2002, 12:07:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Badbusa1:
1st superbike mike has good products! maybe a little more expensive than need be but never the less some good products!

2nd  I have a 62in wheel base busa and every time I left hard the oil light would come on and then go off about 1/2 way thru 1st gear.  I dont run my oil low in it i actually run it a little higher,Iwould rather have a couple less HP than a spun rod. After I installed this baffle he makes it has never had the oil light on again.

I've been to Mike's shop a number times and have had quite a few discussions with him. It looks like most people have a problem with his prices as he does charge quite a bit for his products and services. There's also a board member that drag races in the 8's on an all motor SBM stock wheel base busa and has beaten his share of riders out on the 9/10ths too. Juice, Stretch, Ice, GSX, etc... you 9/10ths guys know him  
It's OK... I'll wait up for ya!  

www.flbusa.com

Offline StretchedOutBusa

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2002, 12:18:00 PM »
YOUR RIGHT, I EVEN HAD THE CHANCE TO RIDE THAT THING FOR A WHILE!!!   HOPE THE OWNERS BACK SOON  
"IM HERE FOR A GOOD TIME"

Offline juice

• Post Master
Super bike Mike
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2002, 12:37:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by StretchedOutBusa:
YOUR RIGHT, I EVEN HAD THE CHANCE TO RIDE THAT THING FOR A WHILE!!!   HOPE THE OWNERS BACK SOON  

Where is that boy?

Offline StretchedOutBusa

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2002, 03:39:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by juice:
quote:
Originally posted by StretchedOutBusa:

Where is that boy?
He's getting pumped up!!said hes 6'3 and 240 lbs now and still growing! WE will see him in about 4 months,hopefully your bike and you will be up and running and we can get back to the track and have some fun!!!!  PEACE  

THEMOTORHEAD

Super bike Mike
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2002, 04:04:00 PM »
NO MOST HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE FUCKED UP PARTS AND SHIT HE RECKED ON THIER BIKES
I KNOW PEAOPLE RUNNING LOW 1.3 SHORT TIMES WITH NO LIGHT COMING ON AND IF YOU WANT TO ALTER THE SLOSH JUST MAKE A PAN GASKET SO IT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SLOCH UP INTO THE REAR OF THE CASE
BOUT 2 BUCKS IN MATERIAL

Offline StretchedOutBusa

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2002, 05:37:00 PM »
WHAT ?  

Offline brickman

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2002, 05:42:00 PM »
one thing about him he has ben around longer than most here have ben riding.he's got to be doing some thing right.  

Offline Tak

• Rider
Super bike Mike
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2002, 06:40:00 PM »
Hell, you still see ads for the Phazer radar jammers after all these years and yet every time they have been tested they have been demonstrated to be worthless.  Just because BS has been around awhile does not change its character.  I am personally aware of several people that have come out on the short end of business with SBM.  There were certainly enough horror stories on this site since 99 to keep most people away.  Buyer beware.