Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Ive done a search but still have questions on TRE- sportech  (Read 7124 times)

Offline 04hayabusa

• Rider
Ive read  alot of posts, but what does the TRE actually do.. How does it work.. I now it makes the bike think its in a higher gear, Forgive me for being a newbie but what does that mean.. I went to radio shack and bought  a 6.8K resistor, I installed it on the bike tested it seems to be working, no errors poping up on the error screen.. Anybody.... Also Ive ordered a pc3usb for my 04 busa.. Am i going to need the tre, yes no explain..  And while Im posting Ive ordered a sportech double bubble see through chrome windscreen is my dash going to melt or not,, how many people have had probles and how many have not... any body have any frankenstein bolts forsale... Sorry for any miss spelling but Im posting this fast..       :?:  :?  :?  :?:[/img]

Offline SPEEDFREAK69

• Rider
Ive done a search but still have questions on TRE- sportech
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:15:20 AM »
:lol: on the busa, the TRE makes the computer read 5th gear all of the. w/o the TRE, the bike retards the timing when the shifts into 6th gear which is how they limit the top end. with the TRE, it always reads 5th, so it never retards the timing allowing you to go as fast as you gear ! :wink:
ADRENALINE is my drug of choice!

Offline Tyger1

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 05:18:03 PM »
Quote from: SPEEDFREAK69
:lol: on the busa, the TRE makes the computer read 5th gear all of the. w/o the TRE, the bike retards the timing when the shifts into 6th gear which is how they limit the top end. with the TRE, it always reads 5th, so it never retards the timing allowing you to go as fast as you gear ! :wink:

just like speedfreak69 said. as for the PCIII USB that just has to do with the air and fuel adjustment and is needed when you replace your stock exhaust, air filter, etc.  with an aftermarket replacement. the TRE just tricks the computer on what gear you are actually on allowing the bike to exceed its govern limit.

Offline train460

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:53:54 AM »
on a similar note. My bike, an 02 all stock seems to have a slight stutter at about 3500 rpms, nothing bad just a little. will a tre get rid of this?
thanks
Michael
When a man opens the door for you, he is not being polite, it's so he can check out your ass.

Michael Hansen
88 v- max & 06 Fz1
88 v-max
81 Gs850L  (for sale)

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 07:25:51 PM »

wow 5 years later and still some don't know what it does :roll:
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »
do a search
or, you do not need a tre period
(yes even to go over 186 mph)
I should have the parts by the end of July
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline Loc-Nar

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 04:52:19 PM »
I read their is an 8 degree retard on 1st 2nd 3rd gear? Is this true? and does the tre take care of that or only makes 6th gear think it is in 5th?
Friends WOULD NEVER ALLOW Friends to vote for a lib/dem. Stupity is no Excuse for it. Only ignorance lets you.

Offline BusaCruise

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 05:21:35 PM »
Quote from: Johnnnycheese

I am more impressed that even with the sheer magnitude of TRE threads...yet people still claim there isn't any clear answers...hehe

yes...1 to 4 are retarded....TRE removes this.
but the 5th gear map applied can cause mapping issues for some.

also the imposed speed limiter is removed.

JC is inventing a "new way" around this?

Basically....IMO the TRE is a cheap way out for those not willing to do the PC thing or a Yosh box and pay for a quality mapper to spend time with their bike.
Yes, I too have a TRE!  :wink:

Offline SPEEDFREAK69

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 02:46:29 PM »
:x I'm sorry, i thought the guy was looking for a quick overview of the TRE, not a scientific view. :finger:  :finger:  :finger:
ADRENALINE is my drug of choice!

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 08:50:50 PM »
Quote from: BusaCruise

I am more impressed that even with the sheer magnitude of TRE threads...yet people still claim there isn't any clear answers...hehe

yes...1 to 4 are retarded....TRE removes this.
but the 5th gear map applied can cause mapping issues for some.

also the imposed speed limiter is removed.

JC is inventing a "new way" around this?

Basically....IMO the TRE is a cheap way out for those not willing to do the PC thing or a Yosh box and pay for a quality mapper to spend time with their bike.
Yes, I too have a TRE!  :wink:

And yes I was busy ,just abit, 8)
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline Loc-Nar

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 10:00:05 PM »
Ah 1 through 4 ok .....

ah so JC your getting around it so I take it this can be used with a gear sensor too and read correctly 1 through 6 or will it render it useless like the others? exp '05 1000. Curious.

will it also interfere with the idle map or leave that alone?
Friends WOULD NEVER ALLOW Friends to vote for a lib/dem. Stupity is no Excuse for it. Only ignorance lets you.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 10:56:02 PM »

The TRE was initially intended to bypass the retarded ignition timing in gears 1-4 on Suzuki sportbikes. By making the ECU think the bike was in 5th gear all the time. 5th and 6th gear allow full ignition advance.

TRE's are all basically a 6.8k ohm resistor (which is the 5th gear resistance seen by the ECU). By interrupting the signal from the GPS (gear position sensor) when you install a TRE, the ECU just thinks the bike is always in 5th gear.

When the restricted 'Busas ('01 and newer) came out, they were restricted by an artificially low rev-limiter when the bike is in 6th gear, thus limiting top speed.

Since the TRE makes the ECU think the bike is in 5th all the time, the engine is able to rev higher than the artificially low rev-limit in 6th gear, because the ECU doesn't realize the bike is really in 6th.

The top speed restriction has nothing to do with retarded timing.   :wink:

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 08:57:33 AM »
Quote from: Loc-Nar
Ah 1 through 4 ok .....

ah so JC your getting around it so I take it this can be used with a gear sensor too and read correctly 1 through 6 or will it render it useless like the others? exp '05 1000. Curious.

mine will not mess with anything except removing the topend limiter. no fuel mapping or timing changes. in other words it will be just like a 99-00
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline xnight

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »
What does the TRE do?......Please

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 01:21:52 AM »
Quote from: xnight
What does the TRE do?......Please

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Read my post 2 posts above yours.  :wink:

Offline xnight

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 01:19:45 PM »
I was just messing with you guys, but that has to be the best explanation in the thread.
Thanks

Offline GetontheBus

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 05:08:45 PM »
Quote from: Loc-Nar
Ah 1 through 4 ok .....

mine will not mess with anything except removing the topend limiter. no fuel mapping or timing changes. in other words it will be just like a 99-00

When do you expect this to be finished JC?

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 08:52:40 PM »
about 30-60 more days
Official Site Tuner
www.johnnycheese.com