Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much do you gain in MPH with a dry shot?  (Read 16437 times)

Offline ANTDOG600

• Mad Post Whore
How much do you gain in MPH with a dry shot?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 07:43:49 PM »
nozzles about where the flapper used to be, he has a new kit making 140 dry, not even close to perfection! should be able to make 200 dry?

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
    • http://www.A-JPerformance.com
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 08:05:52 AM »
Quote from: ANTDOG600
no other devices though..?

I doubt that.

Although i know he is good with nitrous.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »
ANT..So you went 9.52 @ 162?

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 02:55:48 PM »
I may have missed something here but is someone claiming that they are making an EXTRA 140 bhp over the stock engine output JUST by feeding nitrous in the airbox aimed at the air temp sensor, without any other mods????

If so that's NOT possible!!!

The standard fuel pump is only good for 220 bhp TOTAL (as are the standard injectors), therefore unless the pump and injector have been replaced with high flow items, it's a none starter. Besides that, just adding an uprated pump and injectors without an appropriate fuel delivery control system will achieve next to nothing.

Our systems which have achieved a total output of 396 (corrected) bhp rely on high flow fuel injectors, high capacity pump and regulator, uprated ignition system and our unique fuel management system. We wouldn't go to all this expense and trouble if it was possible to get anywhere near the same results just by blowing nitrous over the airflow sensor - which by the way advances the timing contrary to what is good for the engine!

Regards

Offline ANTDOG600

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »
9.52 162 is correct, getting it at the top of second.  wild ride, smoother pass would have had a better et, i think its cool as hell for stock engine, lenght and my weight? now the other thing, stock pump, different injectors, and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay rich!

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 07:31:27 PM »
Like I said (and it's even in the Suzuki manual) the flow rate of the stock pump is only good for 220 hp you're claiming you made in the region of 310 hp just by fitting differnt injectors AND you were rich!!!

You'd better tell that one to Suzuki themselves as I'm sure they'd like to know how you get approx. 30% more fuel (AND SOME) from a pump that's ONLY rated to 220 hp.
I've flow tested dozens of all the stock Suzuki parts to see how far they can go and how much power they make. I've never seen more than 10% more than the specified Suzuki figures, so what's so special about yours?

Furthermore everyone knows you have to retard the timing from standard to keep the engine together on anything above an extra 50 hp but your method ADVANCES the timing!!!  :o

So you're claiming that the rest of the world has it wrong and we should all advance our timing then????? That's a very dangerous principle to preach when it would result in engine failure.

Regards

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 11:00:53 PM »
let me clear up a few details about my kit

first off its two stages
1st stage is 2 nozzles fogging the box for a initial 40-60 hp shot
2nd stage is shot down its throat from a billet spray bar/distribution block i machine and mount in the airbox yes....but spraying down directly into stacks with an outlet above each cylinder obviously for equal distribution

i run the honda s2000 car injectors and yes a 2001 oem busa pump/rail

i too have read the manual and the flow rating of the oem pump but the dyno numbers dont lie

neither does the drastic reduction in volume (injector pw) required to make for a suitable a/f ratio on the engine only  (-30 values in the map)
to me that shows the injectors are indeed flowing alot more fuel even at the given OEM fuel pressure/volume

when spraying both stages i pull 8-10 timing out with the pc3r (even though i have heard some claim the timing function doesnt really work???????) and run the injectors duty cycle up there but not maxxed (at least judging by dynos air/fuel reading at 12:1)

this is not on a stock engine
1397 with carillos and 12:1 wisecos
200ish HP on the engine
337hp so far on spray but only at like 8500rpm and ingition gets snuffed (havent been back to the dyno yet after short gapping the plugs to see if it will stay lit)

i too know it sounds crazy but i will post the dyno charts tommorrow
several pulls made in the low 300's hp and best was 219 ft-lbs torque

will it live at the track...well we will soon find out
i know the dyno only hits for a few seconds and doesnt tax the system as much as a full 1/4 mile run to lean it out

but when i post the chart tommorow you'll see 12:1 up top and flat

but hey its my shit and i like trying shit and DONT mind blowing shit up
thats what spares are for...LOL

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 11:02:44 PM »
and SIMON i follow and use your guys across the pond's ideology about jet location....made a big difference

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 11:03:40 PM »
a single nozzle in the box with a #40 jet placed in the right spot made 65 hp

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 11:11:27 PM »
heres one i had on my computer from last years testing
dont pay attention the torque reading and i know it was lean
this is experimental stuff
that bike had a sidewinder and it would throw of the dyno's tach signal for some reason (no rpm and the crazy torque spike)

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2005, 11:16:14 PM »
and simon or joe....one of you guys hook me up with one of brad's big controllers that trims the big injectors too...OE is out of stock and he hasnt returned my email....we got plent of nice busa parts for trading too

i'll put a full fuel system on it and that box and make over 400hp...if i dont with this little homebrewd kit

his kill box is the shit....just got it and ME LIKEY ALOT...lol ANTHONY  :D

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 12:43:49 AM »
Quote from: dragzooks@indy
and simon or joe....one of you guys hook me up with one of brad's big controllers that trims the big injectors too...OE is out of stock and he hasnt returned my email....we got plent of nice busa parts for trading too

i'll put a full fuel system on it and that box and make over 400hp...if i dont with this little homebrewd kit

his kill box is the shit....just got it and ME LIKEY ALOT...lol ANTHONY  :D

Give me a buzz...
We should be able to hook you up.
Simon's name is actually Trevor.
 :D

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 04:14:51 AM »
Dragzooks,

It's obvious you're being truthful about your claims and some factors make a lot more sense now you've enlarged on the spec.

I'd be interested in learning how you're obtain such unrealistic results, so if you ever come up with an explanation please get back to me.

By the way Joe is right my name is Trev and I'm pleased to hear you approve of my metering jet location. I know what benefits it produces but I'd be interested in hearing what benefits you've experienced?

Joe should be able to fix you up with Brads box and I'd like to hear how you get on with it to make the big numbers. We hope to break the 400 hp limit very soon (having just made 396 hp) and intend to achieve 500 with some revolutionary components that we believe will address the 2 main limiting factors of using nitrous oxide.

Regards

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 07:06:52 AM »
Simon is Trevors mini me......LOL      ha ha ha :D

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2005, 11:59:43 AM »
trev....
as for an explanation...i soley attributed it to the larger injectors being able to supply more volume of fuel at a given (oem) pressure

i am not from a fluid or whatever mechanical engineering discipline to fully or thoroughly explain it...
yet i have 10 years of running nitrous to know at the least a LITTLE about it
the fuel injection/dry nitrous is not enitrely new and to go as far as to group myself with the more knowledgable people...we all know it takes fuel to make hp...that's what burns
as for unrealistic...maybe i got a damn good oem pump from suzuki or the regulator has a little stiffer spring before it pops off....

i too have plugged the numbers in to all the calculators for injectors sizing vs. hp goals and it doesnt add up

i also have seen 230hp out of oem pump/injectors on NA engines and then them make 295 on dry nitrous (a diffferent one than mine)...but with your jet location ideology  :thumb:

hey PM me ...i'd like to discuss more things in private....i hate coming on here and making these claims and wondering if someone is gonna think it will work for them as easily and they grenade their shit and cant or dont have the access to the parts/knowledge to rebuild it easy like i do

SO DONT EVERYONE GO THINK YOU CAN GO SHOOTING BIG HP DRY AND NOT HURT ANYTHING......LOL..hahaha disclaimer :D

i've seen em melt with 40 shots to tell ya the truth :evil:

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »
Kool stuff..maybe I should reconsider putting those bigger jets in??

I have 2 #26's and was going to go to 2 #30's!!

I had it dynoed and sniffed but with 2 #22's and it was way rich..

:D  :shock:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 02:48:53 PM »
Simon,
I noticed you do a rather good job of enlightening people about my products on other forums but after some of your posts on my board I've wondered if I'm dealing with the same bloke as I've seen make such positive posts elsewhere.  :?

Quote from: dragzooks@indy
trev....
as for an explanation...i soley attributed it to the larger injectors being able to supply more volume of fuel at a given (oem) pressure

i am not from a fluid or whatever mechanical engineering discipline to fully or thoroughly explain it...
yet i have 10 years of running nitrous to know at the least a LITTLE about it
the fuel injection/dry nitrous is not enitrely new and to go as far as to group myself with the more knowledgable people...we all know it takes fuel to make hp...that's what burns
as for unrealistic...maybe i got a damn good oem pump from suzuki or the regulator has a little stiffer spring before it pops off....

The injectors can only supply what the pump has to offer, so maybe you guys get better pumps than the rest of the world get (it wouldn't be the first time the US spec was higher than the rest of the world).  :(

i too have plugged the numbers in to all the calculators for injectors sizing vs. hp goals and it doesnt add up

i also have seen 230hp out of oem pump/injectors on NA engines and then them make 295 on dry nitrous (a diffferent one than mine)...but with your jet location ideology  :thumb:

hey PM me ...i'd like to discuss more things in private....

Dropped you a line

i hate coming on here and making these claims and wondering if someone is gonna think it will work for them as easily and they grenade their shit and cant or dont have the access to the parts/knowledge to rebuild it easy like i do

SO DONT EVERYONE GO THINK YOU CAN GO SHOOTING BIG HP DRY AND NOT HURT ANYTHING......LOL..hahaha disclaimer :D

i've seen em melt with 40 shots to tell ya the truth :evil:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2005, 06:20:29 PM »
You could have fooled me Simon!!!!    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Regards

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 06:54:04 AM »
I think a few people have noticed that (especially on 200.org) -  :lol:  :lol:

No offence taken.  :wink:

Regards

Offline A&J Performance

• Post Master
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2005, 11:59:37 PM »
Quote from: SimoNOS
Admittedly I can come across as quite confrontational at times.

No offence intended.

Quote from: Noswizard
I think a few people have noticed that (especially on 200.org) -  :lol:  :lol:

No offence taken.  :wink:

Regards

If you two kiss...I am gonna throw up.  :lmao:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2005, 07:53:57 AM »
That's understandable and I'd probably do the same.  :joker:  

Regards

Offline ANTDOG600

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2005, 03:50:08 PM »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha!

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2005, 03:55:47 AM »
dragzooks@indy

Sent you a PM (as requested) but no reply as yet?

Regards

Offline dragzooks@indy

• Post Master
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2005, 08:01:07 PM »
sorry

just been super busy at the shop with a few customer's engines

keep forgetting to bring home some dyno sheets i want to send you too

Offline Gasabusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • http://Dynospeed.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2005, 12:52:08 PM »
dragzooks@indy I guess you have the pump in the tank and not the earlier model one outside.The one in the tank can flow more than the early model.
We ran the 395-400bhp nitrous Busa this weekend but only made 4 passes.For the rider it was a new track which was grippier than his normal track, a new clutch setup and a new big power nitrous system.This was always gona be hard.
We took 70-80bhp out and made the first pass spun the wheel through first hooked up at the top end of first then wheelied through second to a 8.7 at 177mph.He went 6.0 138mph to the 1/8 so a 2.7 second 1/8 was ok for the power.
The rest of the runs got slower as a bog set in due to the clutch and track combo continuely moving.
I'm confident this setup can make 185mph and run an 8.0 or 7.9 before we need anymore than 400bhp.
You know the best thing about this setup?....................

Stock head, inlet cam in the exhaust,JE pistons on a stock bore and carillo rods with an MTC lockup.ONLY 187bhp on motor the rest on gas!!!!
No backfires on shift either just a smooth run!!!