Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: IF A RECORD IS BROKE AT MAXTON ?????????  (Read 5062 times)

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
IF A RECORD IS BROKE AT MAXTON ?????????
« on: June 09, 2005, 08:18:07 PM »
There are alot of guys who work realy hard and put alot of  time, money,and dedication to get thier bikes dialed in, they also spend alot of time and money  traveling to do thier best to set a record and have gone to many different meets.
MY QUESTION IS, If someone breaks a record at maxton how many of you think they should at least get their enginge cc'd to check and see if it holds the correct cc's so they dont exeed the limit of the class that they are in.
Or a tear down of the top end??
I know its suppose to be gentleman's word type of thing.
But to keep everyone honest and protect the guys that have worked real hard to get their records, there should be a tear down rule, or like I said have there motor cc'd, or some of you in limited classes with record's might lose your record to a dishonest person one day.
would you put your life on the line to say someone in a class did not put a big bore kit in,  when running a class they should not have been in ?
they have a 750 with a piston kit and run 750 cc's
1000 class with a piston kit and be over 1000cc's run 1000cc class
same with 1350cc and they have a 1360 or 1390 kit ?
Maybe ? mabe not? it sure would stop alot of people from thinking and wondering.
So the question is  should all bikes  checked?
this rule goes for all racer's new and old.
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 12:02:38 AM »
how many times do you shake on things in agreement with friends? there are no contracts involved with any of this racing, so there is no set in stone legally binding bullshit to take the fun out of it. if someone has to cheat to get a record, you are fucked anyway. they will find other ways to cheat.
Honesty please.

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 09:34:21 AM »
At the end of the day, if you do not have the respect of your fellow racers, what's the point?

and bing-o was his name-o.

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 11:36:35 AM »
well said Mr G
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 12:26:02 PM »
Wasn't it at an NHRA Drag Race where one person refused to get tore down for the 4th time? He was legal every time and going real fast so the people kept protesting the Brother until he refused so they get him DQ'd that way.

If I had to tear my bike down after ever Record, I would not race period! The Time is bad enough but the price of New Head Gaskets and other parts to take it apart and the less than pristine conditions would be enough for me. How do they CC the Chambers? They must use some type of fluid! SOme must stay in the cylinder and leak past the rings and polute the oil. This is bad enough as far as I am concern.

There will always be dishonest people and all rule enforcement does is put more hardship on the Honest people.
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 12:59:31 PM »
Redell Harris earlier this year. damn shame too. not sure what prompted the NHRA to be such a pain in someones ass like that. young guy, no major sponsors and running numbers. must be cheating  :roll:

not to change the subject, but the nhra has made a lot of very unpopular decisions lately toward the minority racing groups. jrs, jr bikes, divisions dropping bike programs, small racers losing out big time. Just a shame. and the "we wont race at your track nor inspect it for years on end, but you will lose our sanctioning if you dont play by our rules" mentality is just getting tired. somone has got to step and and tell these guys they are not the end all be all of drag racing. its thr racers that allow them to exist, period

:rantofficon

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 01:22:01 PM »
Quote from: 3B or BBB
how many times do you shake on things in agreement with friends?  if someone has to cheat to get a record, you are fucked anyway. they will find other ways to cheat.
Honesty please.

3B  I am not talking about someone you personally know for years, like a your example of a friend and a hand shake.
I am talking about   guys who you do not personally know, that are just looking for a record at maxton.
The only people who would have a problem getting thier bike checked would be someone who was cheating.
A simple inspection, and cc the motor, pull off seat and air box and 1 spark plug, cc and thats it, a whole 1/2 an hour, you do it with alchohol, everything checks out, then they get the record.
If it does not check out then  the existing record holder keeps his record.
I cant see why anyone would not want this rule ?

Quote from: scott g
I agree with BBB.  There is no glory and no money in this sport, only honor.

Scott, if there is no glory in this sport alot of guys would not be going
to maxton, yes its a great place to test your bike, yourself,and make friends,  half the guys are there to see how fast they can go and thats were they get their glory and when trying meet people with th same hobby,and the other half go for the record wich brings their GLORY.

If i build a busa with a  piston kit say 1390 and go in p/p 1350 class with stock exhaust and run around 200mph are you guys going to take my word, as in the honor system?

What would be done? the person gets the record?
I am not trying to be funny, just making a point.
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 02:12:45 PM »
Quote from: 3B or BBB
Redell Harris earlier this year. damn shame too. not sure what prompted the NHRA to be such a pain in someones ass like that. young guy, no major sponsors and running numbers. must be cheating  :roll:

3B
I never said anyone or paticular person was cheating.
Another reason I brought this up because of what you said above in your statement, its a good example.
its to clear everyones mind of cheaters, wheather they are or are not!some guys go fast and dont have to cheat.
If you disagree with checking someones bike, thats fine your entitled to your opinion.
thats what this poll is for.
peace.

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 03:11:42 PM »
As it stands thats the way things are done at Maxton and at Goliad.
Guess it makes it a little more economical. I am sure someday it will
change. I should not even include Goliad as they are even more
relaxed there, and I kind of like it. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Maybe some people, possibly yourself will volunteer to sit out riding
and cc some bikes. :D  That would not be to much fun on a ZX-12 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 03:31:20 PM »
my point is this: we are all brothers to that degree. brothes in speed. brothers in trust.

yes, people will cheat. but, the overwhelming majority dont and wont. Maxton, bonne, el mo and goliad are all about braggin rights until someone is promoted to a king-ship, is paid a 7 digit figure endorsement deal or something else outlandish. until then, trust me as I trust you. without trust, it takes the fun out of it all. and with a zx-12, you gotta be there for all the fun you can get  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i'm kidding. i'm kidding. i'll be here through the weekend... remember to tip your servers and bartenders.

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »
get real.........they shouldnt test for steroids in the
Olympics either, its all about honor..........

Joe
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline JACKD

• Rider
Don't go too far
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 06:17:04 PM »
A couple of things.
In 40+ years of racing, I have processed a fair number of cheates and actually more mistakes than that.
The format of the event at Maxton and Gonad is not very handy to do a tear down on everything on a Sunday evening when everybody just wants to go home.
The procedure at El Mirage is not the same because for the most part, the support network of authorized record people is not very far away. It is often the next weekend or at least before the next event.
The Maxton and Gonad bunch needs to probably stay friendlier than that.
The cc method used on the bikes does not harm the bike and is very accurate. It is more work than just pulling the plugs because you must disable the valves during the time you roll it over.
The oil used in the process won't harm a thing if done correctly.
Some engines with a center plug can be measured with a $700 USAC tool or a dip stick that Scott can draw in the dirt for you.
I have set more than a few records at El Mirage and Bonneville with cars and bikes and only pulled a head once. That was because I volunteered and they never looked at it.
"Cheating is dumb. and worse if you are stupid."
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 08:50:47 PM »
If the technical guru's want to tear down motors, then tear them down.  I run only the 1650 classes and above because my motor is a 1397 which disqualifies for running in the 1350 classes.  In the ECTA rulebook, page 8 item 1-9 it strictly states that Engines may require cylinder head removal and direct measurement of bore and stroke or swept volume.

Item 1-10 says that you must make your protest in writing and submit $100

You have the right to protest and have an inspection, but if you are wrong, you lose your money and you would look like dogshit in a lot of peoples eyes.  I have never met a single person at maxton that even had an ounce of dishonest blood in them.  You won't find a more honorable bunch of folks. We don't race for money but for glory and the atta-boys.  We spend thousands for a green hat and a t-shirt.

Go figure.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Bergie

• Rider
Hell yea I say check the CC
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:49:40 PM »
If they can implement a procedure to check cc in a timely fashion I say hell yes it should be done.  Records are too hard to come by and if a simple method can resolve any questionability then let's go forward with mandatory testing.
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline JACKD

• Rider
Just for the record.
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 12:16:10 AM »
The car guys really hated it when I switched to cages for the same reason.
A cheater won't go very far fast enough to not get caught.
You guys are the leaders of the sport because of the % of fun that is not so over regulated.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 10:52:06 PM »
I'm racing for fun as well, but only because almost all records are out of reach.  Realistically for my budget the only record I really stand any chance of breaking is my own.  The rest is just test and tune and have a blast doing it.  8)
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline JACKD

• Rider
Blast it !
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 11:08:43 PM »
Blasting out and saying you are having that much fun is frowned on by some.
Soooo what?
 They were probably going to frown anyway.

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 09:32:49 AM »
We only run for fun at Goliad, it makes it so much easier and less political.  :wink:

They do have records at Goliad, just make a class up, take a run and ya got a record. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline DIGGS

• Rider
TEAR DOWN
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 04:36:20 PM »
I have a few records at maxton. i would not  try to set anymore if i were reqired to tear down. i agree with scott g on this subject if you tore down or cc'd every body that set a record you would be there for days trying to go through all the bikes. but if they do tear down i will continue to go to maxton i just wont try and set records because after all it is just about how fast you can go not about some silly record.
greg
btw my bike is legal it is 973cc in a 1000cc class
ECTA APSF1000/4  201.342

Offline JACKD

• Rider
The more the merrier ?
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 05:10:32 PM »
Quote from: TRNorBRN6001
We only run for fun at Goliad, it makes it so much easier and less political.  :wink:

They do have records at Goliad, just make a class up, take a run and ya got a record. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So you are saying the more records available, the more political it is ?
I think I see a pattern.