Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Help Wit Starting 03 Gixxer 1K  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Ghost Ryder1000

• Rider
Help Wit Starting 03 Gixxer 1K
« on: June 14, 2005, 08:30:06 PM »
Please help.  My gixxer 1k want start.  I started it on Friday, then tried to start it on Monday but nothing happen.  I changed the spark plugs, checked the fuses and even tried a little starter fluid but nothing happen. Your help is greatley appreciated.

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 02:03:10 AM »
Please describe as accurately as possible what happens when you try to turn it on. Do the lights come on when you trun the key to on. Does the fuel pump cycle when you flip the kill switch to on, but before you try to start? Is the clutch handle netural switch performing properly (plunger working properly and wiring connected)? Are all the spark plugs terminals firmly pressed on?
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 07:45:17 AM »
The bike cycle through all the functions as normal.  Lights are on, bike in nutural light's on etc.  The engine just turns over as if the kill switch was off or something.  When I turn the switch on, should or could I hear the fuel pump cycling?  Is there a test to see if the fuel pump functioning properly?  The last time I started the bike didn't have a problem.  Two days later I tried to start it and nothing happens.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Ghost Ryder1000

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 07:51:12 AM »
The bike cycle through all the functions as normal.  Lights are on, bike in nutural light's on etc.  The engine just turns over as if the kill switch was off or something.  When I turn the switch on, should or could I hear the fuel pump cycling?  Is there a test to see if the fuel pump functioning properly?  The last time I started the bike didn't have a problem.  Two days later I tried to start it and nothing happens.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Ghost Ryder1000

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 05:19:05 PM »
The problem with my bike not starting was the ECU box.  Thanks for the help.