Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Worst Weekend EVER Tragedy Nearly! Pics Now  (Read 21104 times)

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
Worst Weekend EVER Tragedy Nearly! Pics Now
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 08:58:57 PM »
I think--and I may be wrong--I often am--that Dave O had a header tube flattened by a chunk of "material" on the course,and I have personally seen loose rock size material on the course,when it was not there on the previous pass.
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 09:01:29 PM »
Quote from: SPEED KING
Vincent like I said today when I called you, I am glad Randall is fine and the bike can be repaired...and remember to cut those tires prior to tossing them so they cannot be used in the future..

Also glad John Beckett sp? is fine also.

LSR boys and girls need to support each other...Vince and Randall did for the most part the right thing..

Lets hope the "track" can be repaired to a standard better then it has been in the past.

J

I have the perfect tool a friends Band Saw. they will never see pavement again. Again, I appreciated the call and told Randall who stated that he hope his luck with bad pavement is now over. (He lost his Nissan 240 sx in a turn when he hit a raised piece of COncrete Slab and the car went got the "Darlington Stripe" on the right rear and just before "Saving" it he ran out of room and totaled his car. That is how it got to be in My Orange BMW that I paid $100 for about 6 years ago :D
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline dutch

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 11:34:03 PM »
wow very spooky glad everything turned out ok. awesome riding Randall
Rich

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 09:12:02 PM »
Quote from: scott g
Let me help out here with the little that I know at this point.

"The cone" was a problem for me on my first run.  I passed this cone, at about the 3/4 mile mark, and was supprised that it was "inside" the line of the rest of the cones on the left side of the course.  I had probably 4 feet of space between me and that cone, but at 205 MPH,  4 feet felt like it was about under my boot.  As I was braking for "the  turn," I remembered that "The Cone" had been mentioned in the rider's meeting, and that same cone had been in about the same place at my last meet, which was in April, 2 months ago.  I had been properly informed, I just forgot.  My bad.

Scott, are you saying that cone was there at the last meet????
2 Months later and no one fixed the problem??
Please clear this up just incase I miss read your post.
Thanks.
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »
Since Maxton is an all volunteer operation, repairs sometimes have to wait until "help" is available.
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 09:48:28 PM »
1st....Vincent I am very glad you and Randall are fine. Nothing is more important than our safety....and we ALL take it seriously.

2nd...Hank's short term is improving....The same happened to me last fall(Sept I think??). In shutdown while braking around 205 a chunk came up, it moved my front wheel over 2 foot while airborn, I let off the brakes, and it straightened out. I did NOT make short shutdown that pass....I was unaware of damage until Don Smith saw me return...They asked how did I get the big hole in my fairing....LOL It also flattened the primary tubes..

3rd....The "CONE" at the 3/4 mile mark has been there for two events now to mark a decaying part on the left...It is inboard several feet from the rest...If you take a left line you have to be aware.....They announce it at the riders meeting.

4th...Since my concrete relocation incident...I WALK THE ENTIRE TRACK TWICE BEFORE THE EVENT....FOR MINE AND EVERYONES SAFETY...I check for loose pieces, and toss any I find........Shutdown is more likely due to the loading of the front tire.....

I am just glad EVERYONE can return to run another day!!!!!

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 07:34:04 AM »
Hey Dave....
We were hoping you could make the event, maybe we'll get caught up this Fall.
Dan

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 08:08:14 AM »
Speaking of walking the track, I've got some interesting video for those who have never seen the track up close at speeds of less than 20mph.  I took my video camera down on my scooter once following a meet, needless to say it's not so scary looking at 200, but at 20 it's darn right scary looking  :lol: I'll capture it and post tomorrow.
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 08:13:11 AM »
Quote from: Bergie
Speaking of walking the track, I've got some interesting video for those who have never seen the track up close at speeds of less than 20mph.  I took my video camera down on my scooter once following a meet, needless to say it's not so scary looking at 200, but at 20 it's darn right scary looking  :lol: I'll capture it and post tomorrow.

Bergie, send me an e-mail I am not sure what your address is now  :roll:  A Man on the Move :D I have a few pictures I need to post.

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 08:57:32 AM »
I cannot believe what I am reading ???a spot in the track was damaged over 2 meets already??
The owner that run's this track is not going to patch that spot??
If I were the owner I would patch the bad spot just so I would  not have someone sreiously hurt or killed.
if a side wind pushed a rider sideways and they run the cone over and it got tangled in their wheel and chain ,perhaps lock the wheel at 180+ mph or crashed because of the bad spot,then what ?? patching that spot was not worth someones life??
I guess that shows how much they care about a rider's safety!
Sorry guy's but thats messed up, you have someone running a very high speed event  and does not want to fix a spot in the course he rather not spend an hour or two and maybe 20-40.00 on material for patching.
And I am not saying replace this and  that  or redo the whole track just   spots like, were the cone is!
This is for all the riders safety,  luck has been on the racers side, and the guys who race there should try and keep it that way.
Dave I know you said you check, I am sure some other's do also, but  It would be nice and a good idea if a bunch of guys walked the track before the event each day and picked up all the loose material, it would be much safer for everyone.

Like I said before I want to attend the last meet but Man going to maxton with conditions like this is not to appealing :x
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 09:31:29 AM »
There is no "owner".   The ECTA does not own the runway, it's at an old airport on a non-service runway.  That means no repairs are made unless VOLUNTEERS and money from the ECTA get out there and do it.  Everyone talks about volunteering, few step up to the plate.  Some shooting clubs I know require X number of hours of volunteer service to maintain membership, it would suck if ECTA had to go that route for lack of people to help out maintaining the track and operating the event.  Every meet they ask for help, few hands are raised!!  Those who dont pitch in can't complain too much I'd say.
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 09:34:08 AM »
Quote from: VincentHill
Bergie, send me an e-mail I am not sure what your address is now  :roll:  A Man on the Move :D I have a few pictures I need to post.

If you're talking about mailing something to me:

B. Frazier, 1310 Creek Pointe Circle, Lawrenceville GA 30043

If you're talking about email stuff to me:

bergie@dontbescaredracing.com
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 09:38:36 AM »
Quote from: Bergie
Quote from: VincentHill

If you're talking about mailing something to me:

B. Frazier, 1310 Creek Pointe Circle, Lawrenceville GA 30043

If you're talking about email stuff to me:

bergie@dontbescaredracing.com

It was "e-Mail" but I may have to "Mail" the Camera Prints we took for you to post if I cannot take good Pictures of them with a Digital Camera. I will send e-mail tonight about 6 pictures of which maybe 3 or 4 could be posted. Thanks Bergie

Offline austxbusa

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 10:41:14 AM »
Quote from: narider
Oh yeah, us east coasters like our racing like we like our big city driving(cones, potholes or chuckholes depending on where you're from, pedestrians, animals, etc, etc., throw in a prostitute and we're having fun now) :roll: . Ain't no sense in makin it easy ya know.  :twisted:
Seriously, do you people that haven't been there and ran think that this place would be honored by the speeds it's seen and the teams that have ran there(for a simple little one mile concrete track) if it were not for the organization and the people that make it what it is(it's not the concrete that makes it one of the best places to race in the world IMO). Come run down the track and if you like it give a hand, everyone that helps volunteer gets closer to getting the track in better shape. Or maybe you have a friend with a concrete company and $250,000(or whatever it would cost) to blow on concrete(i personally hope it doesn't get asphalted).
 :idea: I say come and run, pick your line, and if there's anything in need of repair on your line then fix it.
Good post Bergie
TD

Now Iceman you're going to go and stir up Narider :roll: . Didn't you see when he said that it's not the owner's responsibility to provide a safe environment. Each rider needs to bring there own bag of cement and patch up any potholes. If not ya'd best put a cone on it so ya know when to swerve! :shock:

I'll stick to the smooth, straight Texas mile, thanks.

Offline austxbusa

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2005, 11:28:26 AM »
July was cancelled. Next one's not til Oct.

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2005, 11:36:59 AM »
Even the condition it is in, It is still one neat place with a "REAL" History even Before the racing.  My problem is I do not know what is the best way to repair COncrete so if will not come up again. I think it is to use one of those Saws that slice through the joints and then Pour Good Concrete in the cut out section. The problem with that is, WHere would you start and WHO Is going to pay for all of that? Even if they Doubbled the Fees, it still would not be enough. The next problem is, would you gain total money if you doubbled the fee's after losing some of the people because of the increase? This is even a case where people have to Volunteer the MONEY Also.

Truth be told, If I had won my Law Suit, After Church and Bills, I was going to seriously talk to someone about doing some serious work there so "I" Could have more fun, let alone the rest of the people! (There are no better people anywhere period!

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »
lets see- october- maxton or texas mile. i live in texas but who's gonna be where? since i've run both venues it oughta be an easy decision.
                           MAXTON
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2005, 12:09:29 PM »
Who is going to be where??? Go figure that one, but if ya get 50+ runs in then I guess it's worth it. Don't forget to bring some sack-crete. I'll stick with Texas, until I get bored or my skill level increases to go to Maxton for a little Motorcycle Ballet.  :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If ya just want to rub elbows then ya better hang out with the salt and dirt boys :P  :P  :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: , but don't mention anything about concrete to them as they are a little sensative on that issue. :P  :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2005, 12:26:12 PM »
For those who haven't been there....

Don't judge Maxton(or any other venue) by a post's content.....You may regret....

Maxton is a unique event....It has a lot of character(as does it's participants), and a bit of mystique also...What makes it is the comraderie(sp) of the people who frequent it..WE ALL WORK ON IMPROVING THE EVENTS....ESP THE NEW OWNERS AND BOARD MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS!!!!....They have patched it recently, and gotten quotes on repaving...

Maybe it is NOT for everybody....But those of US who enjoy it....would not trade it for any other venue...I FOR ONE, AM PROUD TO BE A PART OF THIS "FAMILY"
Of course we will always want cool weather, and a 20 mph tailwind, and a glass smooth surface, and umbrella girls...etc

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 12:34:04 PM »
No worries mate I completely understand. I just had to poke a little fun, as I am bored and our July meet did not make.  One of these days I'll have to make it to see the Motorcycle Ballet. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2005, 05:08:05 PM »
Motorcycle Ballet...at 250 MPH...Has a nice ring to it!

Motorcycle Ballet?  ... my attention was focused on the possibilities of getting umbrella girls.   :mrgreen:
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2005, 06:47:36 PM »
If we get umbrella girls, it will rain for sure!

Yea but being protected by those beautiful gorgeous...Oh hi honey, what? Oh I'm just typing some things to DaveO and Scott G...Dianna says hi you guys.  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yea, those beautiful Umbrella girls...

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2005, 07:26:25 PM »
Quote from: 2fast4u2c
If we get umbrella girls, it will rain for sure!

Yea but being protected by those beautiful gorgeous...Oh hi honey, what? Oh I'm just typing some things to DaveO and Scott G...Dianna says hi you guys.  Anyway, where was I?  Oh yea, those beautiful Umbrella girls...

Guy

LMAO...

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005, 05:45:29 AM »
TRNORBRN6001    I  dont need to rub elbows with anyone. i met some really cool people at maxton who didnt know me from nowhere but they went out of there way to help me out. people i have never met running out to pit road as i drive by , stopping me and saying they just wathced my run and why dont i try this or that. i learned alot in those 2 days and it was because of the people there. At goliad there was none of that. every one was in there little groups and kept to themselves. now that was just my experience and i like the goliad track, but i will take maxton over goliad every day and i live 100 miles from goliad.
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2005, 06:05:06 AM »
Quote from: busa200
TRNORBRN6001    I  dont need to rub elbows with anyone. i met some really cool people at maxton who didnt know me from nowhere but they went out of there way to help me out. people i have never met running out to pit road as i drive by , stopping me and saying they just wathced my run and why dont i try this or that. i learned alot in those 2 days and it was because of the people there. At goliad there was none of that. every one was in there little groups and kept to themselves. now that was just my experience and i like the goliad track, but i will take maxton over goliad every day and i live 100 miles from goliad.

Ditto your experience but in my case I was more surprised beause of my Complexion (As far as they were concerned, "WHAT Complexion" :shock: )

Those people are Family and when my bike fell over and knocked Peggy Over, they were over and Holding her before I could set the Bike own! If not for being a Vegetarian, Just the amount of food they try to feed you would cost 20 or 30 pound of weight by now :roll