Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Worst Weekend EVER Tragedy Nearly! Pics Now  (Read 21103 times)

Offline Bergie

• Rider
VH's damage photos
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2005, 09:37:05 AM »
Here's a couple shots of the damage to VH's ZX12R from the incident.  Looks pretty serious for that kind of speed!   :shock:

Damn good job Randall keeping that thing upright after that!
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
Worst Weekend EVER Tragedy Nearly! Pics Now
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2005, 09:40:16 AM »
Sorry Goliad left a bad taste in your mouth. I was just kidding about the elbow thing if you see the razz and laughing. I do believe I was friendly to most everyone there and thought I had talked to all the people running at least while I was in line waiting as anyother time I was filling bottles. If you got 20+ laps in at Goliad then I would only assume you would only have time to speak to people in line also. I probably spoke with you.

It might be that Goliad just does not have as many people here to talk to, but I am more than happy to make sacrifices and support them as a new venue. In today's narcissistic society what can I say. I only hope they stay viable and people keep going for the fun of it. :wink:

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2005, 09:43:32 AM »
:(  :(  That's some ugly damage at that speed! :(  :(

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2005, 06:36:42 PM »
:no: Uggggg Leeeeee
Randall did a great job, proud of you for keeping cool head and bike on 2 wheels.  Could have been a tragedy for sure.
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2005, 07:59:18 PM »
Another view of the Front Tire and a new view of the rear tire that also hit the side of the Patch also and kicked the bike up again and to the Left.

And a slightly different Picture of the Exhaust and Fairing

You just have to watch where you are going Nowadays! :roll:
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: VH's damage photos
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2005, 08:04:18 PM »
Quote from: Bergie
Here's a couple shots of the damage to VH's ZX12R from the incident.  Looks pretty serious for that kind of speed!   :shock:

!

That will "buff out" I am sure..... :wink:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2005, 08:10:48 PM »
Won't that "Weaken" the Metal a Little??  :shock:

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2005, 08:11:41 PM »
Quote from: VincentHill
Won't that "Weaken" the Metal a Little??  :shock:

No, "rub" it gently.... :lol:

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2005, 08:15:14 PM »
The fairing/pipe damage looks very similiar....Glad I didn't dent the rim....Bet it got Randalls attn....

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2005, 08:43:30 PM »
Quote from: DaveO
The fairing/pipe damage looks very similiar....Glad I didn't dent the rim....Bet it got Randalls attn....

Dave

I takes about 5 minutes for him to explain 2 seconds of time. SO I think his mind was at Warp SPEED :shock: . A long time ago, I explained that in an emergency you cannot think (It takes too long) you can only react. How you React is only based upon Experience and Instinct> Experience is ALWAYS BETTER!

He is now Experienced

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2005, 09:21:26 PM »
BTW, VInce what is a "Tagedy"?

J

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2005, 05:54:31 AM »
BTW, VInce what is a "Tagedy"?

Just "1" Letter Short of a Tragedy! :D Which this was.

Offline JACKD

• Rider
You don't eat road kill ?
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2005, 06:55:47 AM »
A "Tagety" is a person that has been labeled as a "Vegetarian." LOL
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2005, 08:18:41 AM »
Well at the next meet is it bussiness as usual???
I hope not, a bunch of guys should get together in the morning on each day and walk the track??
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2005, 08:28:19 AM »
They do.  
Safety is our groups main concern for the riders before each days event starts.  The staff (volunteers) takes great pride in trying to provide the safest course possible.  But I'm sure their eyes will comb the track with double extra care examining those areas that might pose even the slightest risk or concern to the participants.

As Scott G mentioned earlier, the staff was all over the problem before Randall even got off the track.

Maxton is a great venue and course to ride.  I have the fullest confidence in our track personnel and staff that our course is kept as safe as humanly possible.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2005, 08:54:43 AM »
Quote from: 2fast4u2c
They do.  
Safety is our groups main concern for the riders before each days event starts.  The staff (volunteers) takes great pride in trying to provide the safest course possible.  But I'm sure their eyes will comb the track with double extra care examining those areas that might pose even the slightest risk or concern to the participants.

As Scott G mentioned earlier, the staff was all over the problem before Randall even got off the track.

Maxton is a great venue and course to ride.  I have the fullest confidence in our track personnel and staff that our course is kept as safe as humanly possible.

Guy

Thats what I wanted to hear!
If I get there I will do my part as in walking the track, I am glad no one has been hurt or worse, but the damage to some of the bikes I am sure has been very costly but lucky it only hurt the owners wallet's.
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2005, 08:59:18 AM »
Will KT go up early and patch/repair the holes left over..?

Either way good luck guys..

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Re: You don't eat road kill ?
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2005, 09:42:07 AM »
Quote from: JACKD
A "Tagety" is a person that has been labeled as a "Vegetarian." LOL

OH Oh, Someone Know something about me :D

John, I looked on the other Boards I copied this to and saw it spelled correctly and realized that when I edited the title and shortened it to add the Pics, that I had Back spaced the "r" Out. Otherwise your Post would have been a "LOT" Sooner  :shock:

On the Course Conditions, this was the worse I have seen it (Weeds Wise) Part of the problem is what they Grow around there. When it is Cotton, the Weeds are a lot less from the overspray of the Seeds. Right Now, they are Growing Wheat and that is nothing but a lot of weeds on the Course. Normally we only come home and have to clean off the Dead Bugs and see where a few stones have chipped the paint.

That Cone in the Middle of the course kept him from moving to the Left as he and I usually do and that sent him in the path he went. That area is the #1 Place I hope they get fixed. I also want to Volunteer some time to work there, but first I had Trial the first 6 months this year and did not even get to RIDE. and Now I have work to do on my Rag so I can Ride :(

Randall and I noticed that there was a small scrape on the right front of the Fairing and that a Pipe #3 was slightly flattened before we left. We think he (Since he was the Last person to ride the bike) may have hit a bump pretty hard last year. Since he is 100 Pounds lighter, we soften up the suspension for him which makes the Bike dive more than usual. This time, we did not have the time to do this and maybe it was a good thing. Next time we will only soften the Rear a little so he will not be riding a Ridged (If the rear had been softer his ride "MAY" have been better OR it could have even been worse by hitting more Hard Parts. You never know?

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2005, 01:07:22 AM »
Not great Pictures because I had to take a Picture of a Picture. Thanks to Bergie for having any pictures at all.

First is a picture of the "Patch" 2 slabs Wide

Pieces we picked up "Still" in the Patch next to the Place Randall Hit

Randall Kept the Larger Piece, "He felt that he had bought and paid for it! :x

We cleaned out the loose stuff so maybe a cone needs to be placed there also?

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2005, 02:19:08 AM »
That is about the size of most of the ones I saw Vince.When you barely miss them at over 200,as I did twice,It makes you appreciate it when you flash through the traps. :shock:
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2005, 11:12:09 AM »
Maybe it would be a good idea for a bunch of us to get together in the off season to help repair the track at our own expense.  I wouldn't mind donating a few bags of concrete and a full days labor to help repair the track.  If we could get someone to be in charge to help organize the "field day", we could probably get several guys together to help. I am sure that Each of us could pitch in 50-100 bucks in materials and a full days labor to help repair the rough parts of the track in order to provide safer race conditions. ..  Its only a little work and a few bucks and it just might save one of us thousands of dollars and possibly our lives on day!!.   I am in on it if we can get a few others to get together to help out also.. We would need a "crew".  I dont want to see anyone one of us get hurt or killed there while trying to have some fun.   Its bad enough for us to recieve damage on motorcycles we have thousands and thousands of dollars tied in to but thats nothing compared to what can happen!    There are portions of the track where we could bust up and remove the damaged areas and patch it up with good fresh fiber reinforced concrete.   Whos down???     Anyone have any opinions on this?  

BTW, good riding Randal and sorry about the damage to your bike Vincent.  :cry:

Offline JACKD

• Rider
Business is business
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2005, 12:40:10 PM »
Tell Me, is Randall a "Vege" too ?
If he is not, I can make some real money on that picture. LOL
More seriously, it needs a look at it from somebody that has repaired concrete that old and subjected it to aircraft type conditions.
As thin as it is, the cleaning, preping, and bonding will be as important as anything else.
The filler material required is likely to be an epoxy-cement blend for strength. The traction and surface has to be close to what is around it or you risk going on tour head.
Remember how old the surface is and how much it is worth to you.
You can see what is happening to El Mirage when other things take priority.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2005, 01:08:10 PM »
Here is a post from the 1st person that gave me some information on what to use that would help the situation!

If the racers will be allowed to make repairs to the surface,see if you can get hold of a product made by Catalina Pacific Cement(and several others) called "Rapid Strength","Rapid Set" or "Type III"Cement. Its used out here in Cali to make repairs to the freeway overnight. Sets in about 4 Hours. You just have to make sure that the surface gets properly trowelled and finished,or you'll end up with a bump worse than before.

I have never heard of this stuff, but this is a start!

I donate to the Save the Concrete Fund, but my few dollars will ot do it! To me, everyone needs to support a REAL Plan to try to save this place on our own. If we do too well, then someone else will take over. We we do not do good enough, then we have what we already have. Personally I like where it is located and how it is laid out. I hope that it just can be made a little better than it is now.

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2005, 01:08:11 PM »
Let us (sh.org and other LSR boards) know if you are going to do any repairs so my team can send some funds out to you guys. This type of grassroots organization is exactly what this sport needs. If the ECTA is able to raise some decent funds externally, you may be able to solicit any of the NA divisions of the Big 4 of Japan, HD and even the airport themselves to increase those funds. The city council may want to contribute by way of equipment and labor as a way of showing appreciation of the ECTA's involvement in the community. Funders are more likely to contribute when they see there are several other funding sources contributing. They want to know they are not the sole contributors and that they are not being taken advantage of....

My wife and I are moving to Charlottesville next June for her Hand Surgery Fellowship and will be in Virgina for 1 year, possibly 2. Look for our copper scooter to make several race days.

Offline JACKD

• Rider
On the right track
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »
only 2 things wrong, the rest is great.
A side by side dragstrip will require guard rails that are $17 a foot-used.
Any involvement withthe FAA will restrict it for use  for aircraft only. Even if it is only listed as an emergency runway the FAA can restrict it's use.
If the FAA has anything to do with it, keep your head down.