Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Worst Weekend EVER Tragedy Nearly! Pics Now  (Read 21106 times)

Offline VincentHill

• Post Whore
Re: On the right track
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2005, 03:49:27 PM »
Quote from: JACKD
only 2 things wrong, the rest is great.
A side by side dragstrip will require guard rails that are $17 a foot-used.
Any involvement withthe FAA will restrict it for use  for aircraft only. Even if it is only listed as an emergency runway the FAA can restrict it's use.
If the FAA has anything to do with it, keep your head down.

First, Randall is not a Vegetarian! :(

Second, they already have 2 good run ways where they can even land a 747 so no problem on the "emergency" part.

Third, from looking at a few pieces of complete Slab, the Runway is THIN. No more than 4 to 6 inches from what I saw. Remember, they were only using this place to train "Glider" Pilots and no glider I know (Except for the one the Germans made and later put engines on weight) that much! SO we are not starting out with a great base!

One thought that most people are against is repairing the Launch area and then Black Topping the rest of the surface (Which is still not cheap either)

Like you said, we need an expert to first give us all of the Options (Which may or may not already been done) and then do what we can with the Money available.

Me personally, I think the best repair would be to have a slicer take out about 1 foot on each side of the worst Joints and then put Plastic down and steel Grid work and fill the entire section with a good grade Concrete doing a few Section at a time or as money permits! AT least this way, the Runways would be under a steady improvement as opposed to steady decline.
Made History at Daytona and still one Fast Old Man

Offline sliptones629

• New User!
Worst Weekend EVER Tragedy Nearly! Pics Now
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2005, 11:02:07 PM »
Hey guys, this is randall.  Sorry its taken me so long to reply.  I just kind of lurk around most of the time.  Thanks for everyones good wishes and compliments on riding.  I dont know, after the last 20 or so year riding it all just happens naturally.  Whenever I can get some free time and money.  I especially would be in for helping fix the problems we have been facing that keep getting worse.  Well, it kinda of geting late so I need to get some sleep to work my 3 jobs, keep us posted on what  the plans would be.  And thanks again for everything.

randall

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2005, 11:07:59 PM »
Quote from: sliptones629
Hey guys, this is randall.  Sorry its taken me so long to reply.  I just kind of lurk around most of the time.  Thanks for everyones good wishes and compliments on riding.  I dont know, after the last 20 or so year riding it all just happens naturally.  Whenever I can get some free time and money.  I especially would be in for helping fix the problems we have been facing that keep getting worse.  Well, it kinda of geting late so I need to get some sleep to work my 3 jobs, keep us posted on what  the plans would be.  And thanks again for everything.

randall

Randall, again all of us are glad you are OK, Vincent can fix the bike better than it was,  if you would have been injured he would not have been so fortunate.

Ya done good! !
 :yes:
 I don't know that I could have been as sharp as you in getting it under control.. :bah:

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline sliptones629

• New User!
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2005, 11:32:55 PM »
Randall, again all of us are glad you are OK, Vincent can fix the bike better than it was,  if you would have been injured he would not have been so fortunate.

Ya done good! !
 :yes:
 I don't know that I could have been as sharp as you in getting it under control.. :bah:

J[/quote]

Thanks I know all of that.  If nothing else, when something happens, he works on it even more to make sure everything is at LEAST 3 times as good as it should be.  Guess thats part of why hes my hero :D .  Hopefully everything will be worked out and we can finally get everything done perfectly the next time.  It will happen when its time, nothing much we can do until then.

randall