Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anyone near woodlands tx with 2005gsxr1000 want to run  (Read 45648 times)

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »
Quote from: Hayaboosta03
i am POSSITIVE I will out run it at least 70 and up. I am 180lbs. I know alot of my busa bretheren mike think im crazy, but I know what my stock bike will do. And out run a GSXR1000 2005 it will do.

I tell you what, I am in East Texas, 20 min south of Tyler, Im off on Vaction for the next 3 weeks, Im 220 pounds, and 6,4, I will meet you half way, like around Livingston on HWY 59, You have your stock busa with a tank full of gas, Let me have a gallon of gas in mine, Roll on from 2nd at 80 MPH, Pm me when/where/date, Lets not talk about time out in the open, Im a preacher so no betting :) and I will not race from a dead stand still(or 1st), The thing lifts the front wheel to easy, It,s Bone stock, and right before dark when it,s cool outside,

whats up?
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Anyone near woodlands tx with 2005gsxr1000 want to run
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2005, 05:09:04 PM »
Must be a 2005 Gsxr1000. Bike should stock pipe, stock sprocket. I have stock pipe, stock sprocket. Race will be for fun. Or 100$ for a little more fun best 2 out of 3. Race from dig, 40 roll on, 70 roll on. If bike is modded, it should not have more than an aftermarket pipe.

You say you your bike has a stock pipe and stock sprockets.....is the rest of the bike showroom stock?

Offline •Khandy•Rhed•Bhusa•

• Post Whore
Anyone near woodlands tx with 2005gsxr1000 want to run
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »
No I dont want to start any popcorn stuff lol I am just confident and curious about this. I will say this, I am listening to what you guys are saying sounds like it may be quicker than I think, well it may.  Please I am all for 'being brought back to reality' if it will beat me. I promise I wont cry lol. but in the event that it does get me from at least 70mph, I think you guys will be surprise how close the distance is between the 2. btw the only mods i have is airbox mod, map from Quasar, and TRE.

Thank u Kid Quick I will pm u in a bit.

Offline hayagix

• Rider
Re: 1
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2005, 07:43:45 PM »
Quote from: Kid Quick
i am POSSITIVE I will out run it at least 70 and up. I am 180lbs. I know alot of my busa bretheren mike think im crazy, but I know what my stock bike will do. And out run a GSXR1000 2005 it will do.

I tell you what, I am in East Texas, 20 min south of Tyler, Im off on Vaction for the next 3 weeks, Im 220 pounds, and 6,4, I will meet you half way, like around Livingston on HWY 59, You have your stock busa with a tank full of gas, Let me have a gallon of gas in mine, Roll on from 2nd at 80 MPH, Pm me when/where/date, Lets not talk about time out in the open, Im a preacher so no betting :) and I will not race from a dead stand still(or 1st), The thing lifts the front wheel to easy, It,s Bone stock, and right before dark when it,s cool outside,

whats up?

And no hitting in the face or below the belt.

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 07:58:03 PM »
LoL ^

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2005, 12:17:04 AM »
Quote from: gsteve
I can tell you 1st hand that from anything more than 50mph the new LITER bike will be right beside you till 150mph or slightly ahead...period...

the gixxer will walk it right up to the speed restrictors... been there, done it, twice, not pretty for the busa as the lead was fairly substantial, not only does the gixxer get away better, it continues to pull on the busa all the way to the limiter...

I am not sure if a poorly broken in gixxer will fair as well with a properly broken in busa but if both are broken in properly the busa cant get there, and I am not sure why you would expect it to? the gixxer has a bit more pull with less rotating mass, less wind resistance, and has a hunnerd pounds less fat?[/quote]
   I sure got flamed when I talked of seeing tis happen to me and my buddy on a 12r.   Other than a dead start where the 1000s cant launch hard.  they will tow a busa till the speeds get nasty.   I still have my busa and am keeping it.  sj[/quote]

stock busas and stock gixxers have the same top end speed, 186... the gixxer gets there quicker, no two ways about it, I ran a copper a few weeks ago across the I-90 floating bridge, we both hit in 3rd at around 70 indicated, I gave him the hit and he pulled about a half length untill the secondaries kicked in and I passed him like he had a 12, we ran through the gears and in about a miles legnth I put at least an eighth mile on him, the orange special I raced faired worse but I suspect pilot errors?

I also must say that my stock gixxer dynoed 154.5 at a dyno shootout recently and on that same dyno and same day piped 04 and 05 gixxers, R-1s, and tens were getting 144-148...

the only other bikes to come close to me were two 04 R-1s one with slip ons, stacks, and filter went 153 the other with full system, pc-3, box mod block off went 155, he was winner...

two other 05 gixxers with systems and pc-3s mapped got 144 and 145....

I guess there is a lot to be said about break in procedure?

BV wants to run and tape it, I'm always down... I dont do digs as stock gixxer clutches suck for launching so it will most likely be a roll, rolls eliminate much of the skill needed for digs anyways so we can get right down to power and aeroes....

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2005, 12:21:25 AM »
No I dont want to start any popcorn stuff lol I am just confident and curious about this. I will say this, I am listening to what you guys are saying sounds like it may be quicker than I think, well it may.  Please I am all for 'being brought back to reality' if it will beat me. I promise I wont cry lol. but in the event that it does get me from at least 70mph, I think you guys will be surprise how close the distance is between the 2. btw the only mods i have is airbox mod, map from Quasar, and TRE.

Thank u Kid Quick I will pm u in a bit.

thats not stock, and if you have a map from quasar wouldnt you have a power commander? and if you have a power commander wouldnt you have a pipe? hmmm... whats the real deal?

stock means no tre no nuttin, stock is as it came off the floor, well maybe the mudflap/reflector mod is OK...  :D

Offline SLOWBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2005, 12:35:06 AM »
Go get'em Hayaboosta! :twisted: Let's see what that Quasar map can do. No new '05 1000 owner should be afraid of a weak little Busa with PC and a small box mod. I would like to see a race between more equal weights. The 1000 must run a full tank of gas and the Busa as little as possible, and lets get some equally weighted riders. :wink:

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
  • Slow is for cookin' Brisket
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2005, 03:30:23 AM »
Yep, it should be a fair run between me and Twisted , if he can pull on me consistantly I will believe it.

Although I have no doubt that the Gixxer can pull on a Busa anyways, id still like to know for sure.

Twisted got a 154.5 on the same Dyno, the same day my bike got a 158.5 (I have a Yosh system and PC3)...just given that, the HP/weight ratio is definately higher on the K5.
I weigh about 175.
For the record there was a stock 05' Busa there that pulled a 154.9 and another basically stock 03' that pulled a 153.7....any way you slice it you might as well call them equal ..the Gixxer and Busa now have about the same power output.

So now youve just got a heavier Busa with a larger displacement engine with more torque vs the Gixxer K5 which really has a similar powerband but its up higher.  The width is about the same though.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the K5 must be a tad quicker.  Though I am sure gearing plays a role too, not really sure how the gearing differs between these two bikes.
I do know if I went down a tooth up front that id get a bit quicker.

Is your gearing stock Twisted?

Anyways...

So if he pulls on me 2 out of 3 times or so then it will certainly end any wondering I have.

Id like to meet somewhere between Bellingham and Seattle since I live in Bellingham...are you sure that place you talked about in the PMs is good? No popo?

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2005, 03:54:33 AM »
Must be a 2005 Gsxr1000. Bike should stock pipe, stock sprocket. I have stock pipe, stock sprocket. Race will be for fun. Or 100$ for a little more fun best 2 out of 3. Race from dig, 40 roll on, 70 roll on. If bike is modded, it should not have more than an aftermarket pipe.

I wish I lived closer.I have a 05 K5 and weigh about 145.I have a pc3 USB and will put a aftermarket pipe on it in a couple of weeks.I also have a stock busa.The K5 outruns it to the "staged" limiter with ease.These little fuckers are fast.I have a ZX-10 that with equal weight riders,does it also, if both are stock.
Arcane WorldWide Racing,
home of the 701 hp Hayabusa,
and the"Original Ghetto"Banana™©®.

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2005, 03:58:44 AM »

I guess there is a lot to be said about break in procedure?
>>>>>>>>

Yours got a 154.5.

Nope, no way 10hp difference between different beak-ins.  At least I dont buy it.    Did you forget about the K5 that pulled a 152.8?

I left early to go riding with some other guys , are you sure 2 other K5s got a 144 and 145?  My guess is the Dyno got inconsistant or something towards the end of the day.  

There is no way any good running stock Busa would have gotten anything below a 150 on that Dyno.

IMO that Dyno is very accurate , maybe lean by just a few HP but not much , my Busa would probably get 175-185hp @ George Dean's .  :lol:   I think his ram air is a tad generous.   Actually I dont think it is, I know it is...no stock Busa puts out 165.8hp.    Even though I am still probably going to let George dyno tune my bike since he is the Suzuki guy in town. :)

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2005, 04:08:28 AM »

Sounds like mapping by Dr. Turbo.They must have had defective kanooter valves. :D  :D
Arcane WorldWide Racing,

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2005, 04:10:23 AM »
Quote from: Hank

I wish I lived closer.I have a 05 K5 and weigh about 145.I have a pc3 USB and will put a aftermarket pipe on it in a couple of weeks.I also have a stock busa.The K5 outruns it to the "staged" limiter with ease.These little fuckers are fast.I have a ZX-10 that with equal weight riders,does it also, if both are stock.

If its really "with ease" then Suzkuki knows this as well....I am sure they will want their Busa back on top, after all the Gixxer is a track bike its not supposed to beat the Busa in quickness and speed. :)
My guess is that at some point Suzuki will once again crown the Busa king of quickness.
At least they better if they want to keep selling them at the same rate.  IMO guys buy the Busa for quickness and speed first, everything else comes second.

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2005, 04:16:37 AM »
The stock Hayabusa dyno'd about 154 on my dyno,The ZX-10 with a PC3 USB is about the same.The K5 is slightly more.My ZX-10 was 151 box stock with a thousand miles at a dyno fest in Vegas.Equal weight riders gives it to the liter bikes.
Arcane WorldWide Racing,

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2005, 04:20:08 AM »
My Busa 540/158hp =  3.41:1 weight/hp ratio

Gixxer K5 420/155hp = 2.7:1  weight/hp ratio

Not to go OT too much but what if a Busa has a 1400CC kit and a little head work?   Stock cams and everything else except a pipe and PC3.
Isnt this good for about 30hp?

540/188hp = 2.87:1  ..still not the same as the K5.

BUT: 540/200 = 2.7:1 though. :D   What all would I need to get 200hp naturally aspirated or is this not realistic?  
Id alway want it to be a durable street bike so no boring down the block to death. :)

Offline Hank

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2005, 04:27:04 AM »
Talk to Dave O or Dennis for that.I'm a turbo guy :D  :D .
Arcane WorldWide Racing,

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2005, 04:28:11 AM »
Just for fun I ran a few numbers:

Say Suzuki knocked 50lbs off the Busa, bringing it to a wet weight of
490lbs, then put an engine in that puts out 185hp.
That would bring a...
2.64:1 power to weight ratio!   8)

Its amazing what knocking off a little weight COMBINED with adding some power does!!

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2005, 04:35:31 AM »
Quote from: Hank
Talk to Dave O or Dennis for that.I'm a turbo guy :D  :D .

Ok, well can I get 50K out of a turboed engine or is that asking for too much? :)

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2005, 06:01:14 AM »

I live south of the woodlands.  I have a buddy with a 2005 1K that will take you up on that offer.  Let me know and we can set something up.

• Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2005, 06:58:55 AM »
Yes PhantomBusa we can set something up. How about Wednesday we can do something. Great to see you are close.  Twisted, I dont have a pipe, they are stock not moddified pipes, but yes for the map I have a power commander, and only box mod and TRE. yeah its not BONE STOCK but I guess it can 'stock' :-)

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2005, 09:34:15 AM »
Yes PhantomBusa we can set something up. How about Wednesday we can do something. Great to see you are close.  Twisted, I dont have a pipe, they are stock not moddified pipes, but yes for the map I have a power commander, and only box mod and TRE. yeah its not BONE STOCK but I guess it can 'stock' :-)

I'll call my bud, and see if he can do it on Wednesday.  I'll hit ya back if we can get it on.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2005, 11:02:30 AM »
I wish you guys the best, and stock means Stock, No PC3R,  Air box mod or a Tre, Does having a Quasar Map make you think that you can take out a K5 1K? :lol:

Well I have a Busa tuned by Johnneycheese, It looks almost stock, On the outside It has a BDE/Hindle/Polished and lowered, On the In side lets just say it makes a Hell of alot of HP, and

JohnneyCheese has given me the big head to, :twisted: 1397 worth. :shock:
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
I saw at least 3 piped literbikes get low 140 numbers, only saw two others get mid 150s like I said, as far as the dyno getting funky later on my bike was dead last and my buddies R-1 that did 153 was just before me...

the I-90 bridge is an excellant place for rolls, its about 10ft above the water, you can see all the way across so if there is company you will know it and there is no where for popo to hide or pull in, at the end of the bridge you enter a tunnel, its all good....

Offline Zmydust

• Post Master
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2005, 12:24:04 PM »
Well, I have a brock pipe and power commander. I raced a k5 a few weeks ago and pulled him pretty good. We went from a 50 roll , a stop, and slow roll. Every time he would jump me by about 2 lengths then I would slowly pass him. It was worse on the interstate.

He was a pretty cool guy, he stopped and chatted awhile afterwards. It seemed like he was pretty surprised. I weigh like 150 and he was about 180ish.

Jonathan
8.74 @166  9 PSI

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2005, 01:41:31 PM »
Can I watch?  8)
Liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.