Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Anyone near woodlands tx with 2005gsxr1000 want to run  (Read 45394 times)

Offline Zmydust

• Post Master
Anyone near woodlands tx with 2005gsxr1000 want to run
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2005, 01:51:28 PM »
Stock gearing
8.74 @166  9 PSI

Offline •Khandy•Rhed•Bhusa•

• Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2005, 06:02:46 PM »
way to go Zmydust.  Yes to whoever mentioned that I think Quasars map will allow me to take on a K5.  Well, we will see. Oh btw Wednesday I am getting a real nice video camera mount. I have a nice digital JVC that I bought before the year and NEVER thought to use it on the Busa until yesterday. Located here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558997316&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2005, 09:08:55 PM »
Quote from: Zmydust
Well, I have a brock pipe and power commander. I raced a k5 a few weeks ago and pulled him pretty good. We went from a 50 roll , a stop, and slow roll. Every time he would jump me by about 2 lengths then I would slowly pass him. It was worse on the interstate.

He was a pretty cool guy, he stopped and chatted awhile afterwards. It seemed like he was pretty surprised. I weigh like 150 and he was about 180ish.

Jonathan

Only thing is your busa lost about 30 pounds+ pipe/airbox mod adds 10-12HP then add in your 150 pounds, It woud Have been a better race with you on the GSXR, But you would have still one with the GSXR,

Hayaboosta03, Im not trying to be a smart guy, But there is no way a stock busa can outrun a K5, Unless the owner cannot RIDE/ Or there is a big weight differance.
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »
Quote from: Quasar
Royce, just keep in mind that Zmy only weighs 150 pounds to your 180 pounds and Zmy is running a roughly 20 pound lighter exhaust system than you. So, he basically had 50 less pounds of mass to accelerate than you. Even so, there were points where that pesky 05 GSXR1000 rider did poke out in front of him. That's already cutting it close especially considering Zmy ran 50 pounds lighter than you will. Make sure you run with a nearly empty fuel tank to reduce your weight (and hope the 05 GSXR1000 rider hasn't done the same).

Also keep in mind, the next 05 GSXR1000 rider may weigh less than the 180ish pound rider that Zmy went up against. I'm not trying to bring you down and I naturally want to see you the victor however, at this point in the horsepower to weight ratio game, every extra pound is another monkey on your back when trying to accelerate your mass against aggressively fast competition. :yes:

Are you certain you're not interested in some lower gearing?
Stock for Stock right :roll:
Quasar, you beat me to it,  :wink: And Be carefull with the Camera on the bike, if the popo catches you with it they can use it in court, If you see lights, get rid of the tape.
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2005, 10:08:31 PM »
I will keep that in mind about the camera, I wont have the mount on it in time for the race though.  The camera is a verticle one JVC GR-DX77U so probably will be harder to access the tape from bike. I will be very careful thanks!

Quasar the lower gearing sounds good and sure enough would give me an edge in the race but I would hate the feeling that something would bly by me in a race when I am pegged at 182mph :( I love top end too much to sacrifice it. I do ofcourse thank you for the advice.

Ok so I am not going into this thinking I will kick a 2005gix ass flat out. But now see how fast this bike is, and how well I fair against it. I just want to show us Busa boys not to be afraid of our little brother! ahaha ok  j/k

But I am just too confident I know I pull hard at 80 ^ in 3rd gear alone, imagine 2nd gear.  But thanks for shrinking my head guys lol j/k I am still down with the race PhantomBusa may set up and let you guys know the outcome either way.

++BREAKING NEWS++

My little brother called me and is trying to setup a race with his friend's brother he has a Ducati.  He said for money, so I said yeah just to see what they are trying to pull. They did not get ahold of him and said he would call me back.

So now I get alittle worried why would they want a Ducati to run me. I planned to do some research on Ducati's but I am replying to this thread lol.  So he calls back and I ask what is done to the bike and he says it has nitrous or in his words 'NOS'  Im like yeah right I am smart enough to know not to run him.

I gave the word that I know I could not run him in a short distance but I will run him top end or like a mile. But now I am thinking damn. Not sure if the body work would allow him to go my speed but Im sure I will be told that he will rape me with No2.

Hey why is everybody picking on me?! AHAHAHAHA bring it on!

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2005, 10:41:40 PM »
^^ UH! whatcha think about that?! But wow you are LIGHT. Lets see, the most I could get down to will be 163 but that will take 2 months.

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
  • Slow is for cookin' Brisket
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2005, 10:42:13 PM »
Hmm Twisted has not gotten back to me.. we were gonna go at it my Busa with a pipe and PC3 against his Gixxer K5.  

I kinda expect to lose but I really want to see it , if he wins I will glady admit defeat.

Though I think we will have to discuss a more fair roll on speed...a middle ground somewhere so that we are both near our power band start.

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2005, 10:44:55 PM »
Quote from: 1300hemibusa
I have done some roll ons from 70 with a zx10 and a 05 gixxer  and pull both of them.. I pulled zx10 a little harder than the gixxer ...My busa is stone stock  and i mean stock, no pipe or pc .... I will add that i only weigh in at 125 pounds ... I'm sure that helps... I have a friend with an 04 gixxer piped and pc  and another friend with a pipe and pc 05 gixxer  ...The 04 gixxer pulled the 05, not by a bunch but it did win.... I did a 5th gear roll on with another 05 gixxer with my turbo kawi ... Let just say he lost like he was chained to a tree ...   :lol:   Yes the gixxer is lighter and make around the same hp ...But the busa make tons of torq .. and torq is what moves you ...I really think this race will come down to the riders.... :?:

I believe it , because of your weight and the starting speed , @ 70 the Busa can really launch hard.

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2005, 10:47:08 PM »
Quote from: Hayaboosta03
^^ UH! whatcha think about that?! But wow you are LIGHT. Lets see, the most I could get down to will be 163 but that will take 2 months.
Hey put the race off till next spring ...I'm moving back to Austin TX  and would be happy to ride your Busa to a win !!  :D
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2005, 11:25:39 PM »
I am starting now - loosing weight. Barely eat at all, and drink lots of Nestea or Lipton lemonade tea mix and water. I am gonna starve myself for the title of the win. And 1300hemi there could be another shot at it. Then for sure I can say MY bike beat a 2005gix  :lol:

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2005, 11:50:49 PM »
Quote from: BentValve
Hmm Twisted has not gotten back to me.. we were gonna go at it my Busa with a pipe and PC3 against his Gixxer K5.  

I kinda expect to lose but I really want to see it , if he wins I will glady admit defeat.

Though I think we will have to discuss a more fair roll on speed...a middle ground somewhere so that we are both near our power band start.

didnt know you were trying to get in touch?

I am ready whenever cept 7/6-7/14...

got an R-1 that wants a peice too, he dynoed 153 just before me, maybe we should line em up deep?  :shock:

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2005, 12:31:27 AM »
he wants to race a sprayed busa with a literbike? hmmm? a wizard hes not soon to be  :?

th 30 shot busa on this dyno went 188 if I remember right...

there was an R-1 graves system at the dyno shootout, he didnt fair too well like 148? must be a bad map?

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2005, 01:17:13 AM »
Quote from: nomrlz
how would the R1 fair against the 10r.  last year the guy on the 10 yanked him but his friend said he was taking it easy cause of all the R1 new motor probs.  the guy on the 10 that was even with me is 30-40lbs lighter than the R1 guy who is 30-40 less than me.

this is the way I see it, with the exception of honda the 3 jap liter bikes are so close that break in could play a major role, a properly broken in 05 10 could pull a poorly broken in 05 gixxer, that simple, the only real advantage for the gixxer is the induction system, it seems to have given the advantage back in WSB?  but how many clowns on the street can reaaly exploit the new liter bike potentiol anyways? most seem to need a pemission slip from home to go past a hunnerd, and I notice some cant ride past dawn...  :?

Offline TufBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2005, 01:39:14 AM »
For whatever it's worth? My son and I both have K5 gixxers and I also have an 05 busa LE. Both bikes stock except my busa has a 43T rear sprocket. We took them out today and had a little fun to see just which one pulls harder. We didn't do any standing starts. We did the roll on thing in second gear from 40 mph up to 165 mph. We did the second gear thing because in 1st gear the K5 is difficult to keep on the ground.  It seems the K5 was good for about two bike lengths on the busa. Pretty consistent! If the busa had stock gearing I think the K5 would probably have gained another two bike lengths? But these two beasts are extremely fast and just so damn close in performance it's hardly noticeable. I acturally thought the K5 would do better since it feels like it pulls harder but now I'm convinced it's just my imagination?

Both of us weigh in at 190 pounds, 200 pounds fully leathered. Both have good skills and we milked both machines for all we could muster. I have a 44T sprocket on my K5, so next time I think we'll run my gixxer and see what results we have with both bikes geared about the same?
One Wheel Maniac

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2005, 02:34:24 AM »
Quote from: TufBusa
For whatever it's worth? My son and I both have K5 gixxers and I also have an 05 busa LE. Both bikes stock except my busa has a 43T rear sprocket. We took them out today and had a little fun to see just which one pulls harder. We didn't do any standing starts. We did the roll on thing in second gear from 40 mph up to 165 mph. We did the second gear thing because in 1st gear the K5 is difficult to keep on the ground.  It seems the K5 was good for about two bike lengths on the busa. Pretty consistent! If the busa had stock gearing I think the K5 would probably have gained another two bike lengths? But these two beasts are extremely fast and just so damn close in performance it's hardly noticeable. I acturally thought the K5 would do better since it feels like it pulls harder but now I'm convinced it's just my imagination?

Both of us weigh in at 190 pounds, 200 pounds fully leathered. Both have good skills and we milked both machines for all we could muster. I have a 44T sprocket on my K5, so next time I think we'll run my gixxer and see what results we have with both bikes geared about the same?

the best roll is in 3rd @ 65 indicated, no wheelie probs and the busa can exploit some torque on the bottom and the gixxer some HP up top, when you add wheelstand into the mix skill becomes a variable as well?

basically you have two different machines designed to do two different things...

the busa is heavy an meant for sport touring, so it has a lot of torque to lug its fat ass around effortlessly...

the gixxer is intended to be track bike, with cornering and straightaway speed in mind...

no doubt they are both designed to go fast...

better off racing literbikes with literbikes and busa with busas

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2005, 02:40:35 AM »
Quote from: BentValve

we should throw in a few mixtures of speed and gear selections, either way I am at a disadvantage with all the torque the busa puts out, I have to wait a second till the gixxer fires up that second set of injectors, dont get nervous if I am all over the place their really isnt any weight on the front of the gixxer till you chop it so I have to body steer it, and there is an expansion joint at the end of the eastbound express lane I will get airborne @ 186...  :shock:

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2005, 04:25:47 AM »
there is an expansion joint at the end of the eastbound express lane I will get airborne @ 186...

:D  :D  :D

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2005, 04:47:04 AM »
Quote from: Twisted

basically you have two different machines designed to do two different things...

the busa is heavy an meant for sport touring, so it has a lot of torque to lug its fat ass around effortlessly...

the gixxer is intended to be track bike, with cornering and straightaway speed in mind...

no doubt they are both designed to go fast...

better off racing literbikes with literbikes and busa with busas

Uh, no its not for lugging its fat ass around Twisted.

The Busa was made first to be fast as fvck, that was the sole intended goal.  Suzuki wanted the fastest bike in the world to carry their name on it and it happened.   Torque brings the bike to speed faster, the extra weight lends itself to the stability at speed.

Put a Turbo in a K5 and see how that chasis holds up @ 225mph. :D

While you are are all over the road trying to keep you K5 going in a straight line I am able to tuck in and take her easy, just hold it WOT and she goes stable as hell.

What are you going to do when a 70mph crosswind hits your Gixxer on hwy 20 @ speed?  A wind like that could likely blow you off the road.

The K5 was not made for straight line speed as much as the Busa was IMO.

I hit up some nice long 45mph sweepers today @ 120mph + and did a few nice straight line runs.   I gotta say I just love the Busa, it handles these kind of roads like a dream.

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2005, 04:56:10 AM »
Quote from: TufBusa

Wow , you took out your Busa! :D

I wonder how that went for you since you have been riding your K5 so much.?  I bet your forgot how nice the Busa is! ;)

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2005, 06:35:51 AM »
Still trying to get ahold of my buddy.  What I can say about him, is that he is an excelant rider.  He takes out stock Busas all day long with that pesky 051K. There's something about his riding skills, I dunno what it is.  We paired up, he on his 05, me on my 031K, 70MPH roll, he took me by several lengths.  We switched bikes, me on his 05, and he on my 03, he walked me again!  I just cant see how he beat me with the 03 against his 05.  I was tucked as low as I could get, had the throttle pined, and he walked on me.  I like to snuff his pride with the 02 Turbo Busa :lol:  he gets pissed off all the time,,,,  I know this thread is mainly about the 1K, but let me tell ya, there's nothing like a Turbo Busa.

Offline PhantomBusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2005, 06:37:52 AM »
Oh, by the way, I need to know what time on Wednesday you want to hook up.  Im working night shift, so Id like to do it during the day if it's possible.  If not, I may not  be able to witness the race.  He may show with some other guys ( IF) he can make it.

• Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2005, 08:09:13 AM »
Well, we can meet up like at the Woodlands mall, or Sams Boat in the woodlands. theres bikes outside of SB. How about 5-7pm somewhere in between there meet up? Just let me know, we can always do it soon another day when he can make it.

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »
Speaking of Sam's boat and that area, does anyone know who works at the Home Depot on Research Road and I-45, owns the Red/Silver 2000 Busa (with the torn seat) that is so often parked in front by the electric entrance doors?
Liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.

• Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »
Quote from: Todd
Speaking of Sam's boat and that area, does anyone know who works at the Home Depot on Research Road and I-45, owns the Red/Silver 2000 Busa (with the torn seat) that is so often parked in front by the electric entrance doors?

No sorry I am there in the area everyday since its miles from home, but I could probably find out one day.

Offline Todd

• Mad Post Whore
  • JunkScience.com
    • Hayabusa vs ZX-12R
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2005, 08:51:05 PM »
Just curious - I go there a lot and see it nearly every time.
Liberals always manage to take the position that most undermines American security.