Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Harley production drag bike  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Harley production drag bike
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 07:34:02 PM »
I was counting the price of the bike.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline gm1300

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 11:36:15 PM »
Quote from: SuperGrizz
"this bike can do a quarter mile run in under 10 seconds...."

... just like any bone stock liter class sport bike that costs a third of the price AND can corner!

exactly !  

if that hardley turns 9's in the 1/4 then it is worth about 6 thousand dollars in my opinion

Bigfun here

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »
$35,000 huh? Jeez! I could buy a brand new Rune, plus a new Hayabusa for that..........I don't know.....I might have to think about this for a while.

Offline dutch

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 12:56:07 AM »
lol its gonna be 30999.00 we just got the info  today and no i dont work for a harley dealer

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 01:04:28 AM »
Ouch, overpriced..
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 06:37:20 AM »
Quote from: Quijinn

me too. :D

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 08:37:44 AM »
more info hijacked from DB.com, matt hines weighs 200lbs??? yeah right, he's about 5'6" from what i remember??? he would be one fat MOFO to be 200lb...

There is a pretty good buzz about the new Harley-Davidson Destroyer, the track-only dragbike based on the V-Rod complete with wheelie bars that will be sold through Harley dealerships.

The MSRP for the bike is $31,249 and the implication is that orders from dealers have exceeded the rumored target production run of 200.  No hard numbers from Harley people yet.  AHDRA is considering a class for the bikes which will be heads-up no breakout.  Talk is the motors will be sealed to prevent modifications.

Vance & Hines was highly involved with the development of the bike.  Matt Hines reportedly when 9.48 at 140 mph on the prototype and he weighs about 200 pounds, a bit over his championship race weight.

SuperDave

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 02:19:24 PM »
Quote from: THEMOTORHEAD
LOL
TORQUE BUT NO HP SPECS

Dennis has a point, if you are going to market a Factory "drag-bike", RWHP just might be a MINOR-FUGGIN'-CONSIDERATION.........!!!!!!

:yes:

SuperDave

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 02:23:46 PM »
I have 32.5 into Turbusa, and a lot of that was in trying/trading up on different turbo kits.  I do not wish to make false claims, but, in all honesty,
I can ride my bike around town like a stocker and prolly leave that Harley "drag bike" for dead in a 1/4 mile shootout, on Pump Gas, no-less.  

:wink:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 02:29:40 PM »
Quote from: gsxr1216

Lol the bike cost me 10,700 OTD so you lose haha  :lol:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 02:47:20 PM »
Quote from: gsxr1216

Lol the bike cost me 10,700 OTD so you lose haha  :lol:

seen them bought new as leftovers for under $10k! maybe you just paid too much! :D

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 02:48:35 PM »
Red/Black 05, only a dozen in the city. I paid a good price for a new bike.

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 02:52:30 PM »
Red/Black 05, only a dozen in the city. I paid a good price for a new bike.

I'm just funnin with ya dude! i buy used, I cant afford new, bought mine with 3k on the clock for 7 bills, only way i could afford one with all my other toys!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2005, 02:56:19 PM »
I know I just like pointing out I am one of the few with a Red/Black haha not that it really matters the case is still slit and the trans is in NY lol  :?

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 03:01:55 PM »
i take it  your tranny is at Paul Gasts??? he does my trannys, you WILL be happy with his work, he has always been able to help me out and he's a hell of a nice guy to boot!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2005, 03:06:35 PM »
aye Paul is doing it, it got there Friday morning so hope he can have it done in a week. I need my track fix so might take my car down this week haha. I just hope it dont hurt to go so much slower.