Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: GSXR Message Board  (Read 12824 times)

Offline 2fast4ubusa

• Rider
GSXR Message Board
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:27:29 AM »
My best friend just bought a 5k 1000 gxr. Is there a message board like this one for gsxr 1000's?
2000 Blue/Silver Busa, BDE Gen III titanium exh, PCII, MC 385 cams,air box mod, ram air seals, billet short stacks, stock filter, PAIR removal, Muzzy fan, 16/42 sprockets, EK ZZZ chain, RC Triton wheels, ceramic wheel bearings, Michelin Pilot Power

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 11:33:17 AM »

Offline 2fast4ubusa

• Rider
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 11:43:11 AM »
Thanks Rob!
2000 Blue/Silver Busa, BDE Gen III titanium exh, PCII, MC 385 cams,air box mod, ram air seals, billet short stacks, stock filter, PAIR removal, Muzzy fan, 16/42 sprockets, EK ZZZ chain, RC Triton wheels, ceramic wheel bearings, Michelin Pilot Power

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 11:45:08 AM »
:beechug:  NP pimp

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 12:01:35 PM »
should be called www.squidsrus.com :roll:  :lol:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 01:06:52 AM »
Quote from: Busa for hire

Amazing that they have a very large membership..
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 09:17:04 AM »
Quote from: SPEED KING
Quote from: Busa for hire

Amazing that they have a very large membership..

yea well look around there are a lot of squids.. :lol:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 11:01:18 AM »
Gixxer.com used to be pretty good and informative back in 01-02 when the gsxr 1000 first came out.  Lots of good posts about working on and modifying your new 1000.  Engine and performance related work.  I used to be on it every day.
Now it pretty much sucks.  Their are still a few good guys around.  Their are also a shit load of new squids on there.  I will skim through all the posts in a few min a couple times a week now.  Nothing but a bunch of pics of stock bikes and "ooh look at my new turn signal mod".  Just a bunch of gay shit.  Then when some one posts up a pic of a modified bike every body says that it is a waste and that you can't even use the bike to its full potential stock.  Just a bunch of squids pretending that they are all track racers.

Offline gixxer2k1000

• Rider
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 08:48:50 AM »
Im with there badass I have been a member sice 01 or so and it was a pretty decent site in fact  I was one of the guys that got the dragrace board going.Like you said though all the guys on there are a bunch of squids except for a select few.I would rather just come here and over to psycho then go there anymore.

Tom

THEMOTORHEAD

GSXR Message Board
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 08:43:58 PM »
ya i remember the good old days there
hell seb was there in the turbo section :D

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
GSXR Message Board
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
I remember when Motorhead a GSXR1000 page... I think it was www.gsxr1000.org or something.

Gixxer.com is not like it used to be. Still usefull if you use the search function

JeffW, Nigel, Z-Turbo posts and few others from Germany I don't recall the names, back in 01/02 were the best days there and learned a lot and have spent a lot$$$ due to their posts :D  Still pop in a visit and good forum for group buys.

I like this site, been more of a lurker (for the most part all sites-just get tired of the keyboard wars)  but you see and read better content IMHO and you hear the good and the bad. Some sites the mods or owner would edit or delete before you could see. Just bad ethics too me.

So Dennis do I get a free t-shirt for the kind words?  :D if NO,  I settle for a reply to my PM I sent about 10 days ago on a billet chain guard for the 01 1000 if one exists.

It is good to be able to read the bad stuff as well as the postive -some of us can learn from others mis-fortunes ( I do feel for you folks who have had a mis-fortune in thier build etc)

Rick

Psychobusa has a decent 1000 forum.

Offline Neighborhood Creep

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: GSXR Message Board
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2005, 06:52:20 AM »
Tell me about it. I got banned from there cause I couldn't handle the snivelin' little shits and let them have it. There's this one dipshit on there who knows EVERYTHING! YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!! His screen name is "gimpsta." What a tool.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 06:56:03 AM by Neighborhood Creep »

Offline dgowland

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2005, 07:51:49 AM »
Depends where you are on the learning curve . A new guy finds the pipe thing interesting asks the simple questions but is having fun learning . Likely lots have done it before them selves . Longer you have been around the more you learn and the more you need to be interested . You just have to filter through things differently .

Dave
Turbo 2001 GSXR 1000
Tuned by RCC Turbos

Offline poserdude

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 08:49:50 PM »
I posted a pic of my bike a while ago (on gixxer.com) and a bunch people started wondering about why would a person lower and stretch a 1K.  That's when I realized that they had a bunch of tools over there.

Offline trbobusa

• Post Master
  • I do what the voices tell me to...sometimes..what?
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 09:50:56 PM »
Damn you must be fast... cause you were haulin ass when i passed you!

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 03:14:12 PM »
Awful site, and mostly uninformed people who couldn't have less of a clue what you're talking about if you ask anything technical. I posted there a few times, then gave up. Same with R1-forum.com - I love my liter bikes, but for the most part, the posters are squids who I'd give only a 70% chance of actually owning the bike they're talking about.
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Offline Neighborhood Creep

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 08:41:40 AM »
Awful site, and mostly uninformed people who couldn't have less of a clue what you're talking about if you ask anything technical. I posted there a few times, then gave up. Same with R1-forum.com - I love my liter bikes, but for the most part, the posters are squids who I'd give only a 70% chance of actually owning the bike they're talking about.
I second that.

Offline Godzuki

• Post Whore
  • Ill save ya laddy
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 04:32:12 AM »
i dont know about the 1000 forum on the gixxer.com site as i havent yet got a 1000 (i am looking at getting one in 2 weeks a 02 or K2 as you all call them) but the oil cooler section is filled with alot of guys who know a crap load about the oil cooled gsxr 1100, 750 bikes, i still have my 92 1100.

i will say i have surfed around in some of the other sections and saw some of the squidly ness you talk of though.
1992 gsxr 1100<br />03 crf450<br />01yz426<br />86200sx

Offline HOG SLYR

• Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 07:08:40 AM »
THERE"S NO SITE LIKE THIS ONE! PERIOD!

Offline Busey

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 06:19:16 PM »
What is the web addy for pyscho's site?
MOVE!

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »
heres fuck heads  site psychobike.com

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 11:46:18 PM »
heres fuck heads  site psychobike.com

If he is posting under your name still then hey....maybe it is your site :lol:

Offline jeffw

• Post Whore
    • JSD Products, LLC
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »
I remember when Motorhead a GSXR1000 page... I think it was www.gsxr1000.org or something.

Gixxer.com is not like it used to be. Still usefull if you use the search function

JeffW, Nigel, Z-Turbo posts and few others from Germany I don't recall the names, back in 01/02 were the best days there and learned a lot and have spent a lot$$$ due to their posts :D  Still pop in a visit and good forum for group buys.

I like this site, been more of a lurker (for the most part all sites-just get tired of the keyboard wars)  but you see and read better content IMHO and you hear the good and the bad. Some sites the mods or owner would edit or delete before you could see. Just bad ethics too me.

So Dennis do I get a free t-shirt for the kind words?  :D if NO,  I settle for a reply to my PM I sent about 10 days ago on a billet chain guard for the 01 1000 if one exists.

It is good to be able to read the bad stuff as well as the postive -some of us can learn from others mis-fortunes ( I do feel for you folks who have had a mis-fortune in thier build etc)

Rick

Psychobusa has a decent 1000 forum.

Well I'm still around.... :) :)

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 01:51:20 PM »
Yeah I see some of your posts from time to time there and labusas. Did you get a 109R?  I might get one if someone goes crazy with ligtweight mods, cf, wheels, chain conversion ya know a jeffw ish modded one :P

How's Idaho?

Rick