Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Opinion of 05 K1  (Read 11482 times)

Offline 2fast4ubusa

• Rider
Opinion of 05 K1
« on: August 01, 2005, 09:01:13 AM »
I went riding with a freind who just bought a 05 K1 the day before and I had to ride it.  We were in the twisties in PA and here are the results.

The bike is extremely light and agile. You can drag your knee with just a flick of the wrist but, all this talk about it being faster than a busa.  NO WAY!!!! it's quick but the busa is faster and I'm a big fan of the Gixr.  I love the twisties and that bike rules the turns.........I'm thinking about one for the stable :moped:
2000 Blue/Silver Busa, BDE Gen III titanium exh, PCII, MC 385 cams,air box mod, ram air seals, billet short stacks, stock filter, PAIR removal, Muzzy fan, 16/42 sprockets, EK ZZZ chain, RC Triton wheels, ceramic wheel bearings, Michelin Pilot Power

Offline BentValve

• Post Whore
  • Slow is for cookin' Brisket
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:39:49 AM »
Well if he just got it then its not broken in yet.  

What RPMs did you run it to?

Believe me, the Gixxer is quicker for sure..I rode one for 4 hours and its lightning fast but it dont come alive until 8K or so....get her up to 8K or so in second and whack it open , you'll see.

Wait till your buddies Gixxer is broken in and ride it again.

It may not be faster top end wise though.

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 07:10:02 PM »
Agreed...  Stock for stock, the '05 gixxer is quicker than a Busa...  Maybe it didn't feel that way to you since it does lack the fat midrange torque of the Busa.  :?

Offline Ct Chip

• Rider
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 07:37:20 PM »
I own both and let a friend with an '02 ZX-12R ride the Gixxer after it was broken in. He immediately went out and bought a PC3 and an exhaust system for his 12. What's that tell 'ya?

Offline gabusa

• Post Master
  • REVENGE IS MINE
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 09:46:59 PM »
this is the way i see it. i sold my 04 busa (full muzzy, and a k&n) and bought the 05 gixxer. you will see a difference in torque, but from riding both, put equal riders on both bikes and the gixxer will win. i think everyone buys bikes based on mags, and what they hear is the fastest. i like the gixxer styling, and believe me i love the way the busa looks. in fact, i will get one again when they re do the thing, whenever that may be. if anyone is going to buy a bike, get what YOU want, and like, and are happy with. not what your boys like, or what the mag tells you to get. not pointed at anyone, just my ramblings

Offline 2fast4ubusa

• Rider
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 08:44:02 AM »
Quote from: BentValve
Well if he just got it then its not broken in yet.  

What RPMs did you run it to?

Believe me, the Gixxer is quicker for sure..I rode one for 4 hours and its lightning fast but it dont come alive until 8K or so....get her up to 8K or so in second and whack it open , you'll see.

Wait till your buddies Gixxer is broken in and ride it again.

It may not be faster top end wise though.

I agree its not broken in yet it only had maybe 50 miles on it.   I had it up in the 7-10 K range and was impressed but, again I'm used to my Busa with its mods so that is why I'm saying the Busa is faster.    05 1K is a great bike!!!!
2000 Blue/Silver Busa, BDE Gen III titanium exh, PCII, MC 385 cams,air box mod, ram air seals, billet short stacks, stock filter, PAIR removal, Muzzy fan, 16/42 sprockets, EK ZZZ chain, RC Triton wheels, ceramic wheel bearings, Michelin Pilot Power

Offline martso

• Post Whore
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 09:07:39 PM »
im so used to the old bikes not looking at the tacks and shifting by feel
that i find myself shifting wayyyyyyyyyyyyy early on the 05 gsxr 1000 it revs like a bastard i gotta start looking at this tach

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 12:58:48 AM »
Quote from: martso
im so used to the old bikes not looking at the tacks and shifting by feel
that i find myself shifting wayyyyyyyyyyyyy early on the 05 gsxr 1000 it revs like a bastard i gotta start looking at this tach

:lol: Thats like my friends dad.  Has ridden cruisers his whole life.  He took out my friend new gsxr 600.  He came back and said it was ok.  We asked him how many rpm he took it up to.  5 or 6 he said.    :lol:
We told him it doesn't make any power at 5 or 6 and to take it to redline.  He didn't want to because he thought it would blow up.  so we got him to take it out to redline.  He came back and said "hole shit that thing is fast".   :lol:

Offline HighOnBusa

• Post Whore
Re: Opinion of 05 K1
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 10:08:16 PM »
I Love Mine, I recommend it over any other liter bike, It is a pure Adrenaline Trip
One cannot answer for his Courage, When he has never been in Danger...................

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 10:46:24 PM »
stock for stock the  gixxer is quicker i did roll ons with a 03 busa that is streched and slammed and if i wheelied id walk  him down or if i stuck id eat him for lunch and he is a good rider. i love the busa  but just like everything something new and improved comes along.

Offline Anton

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 04:38:10 PM »
stock for stock the  gixxer is quicker i did roll ons with a 03 busa that is streched and slammed and if i wheelied id walk  him down or if i stuck id eat him for lunch and he is a good rider. i love the busa  but just like everything something new and improved comes along.

like a good, ol' turbo :lol:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 05:45:07 PM »
I went riding with a freind who just bought a 05 K1 the day before and I had to ride it.  We were in the twisties in PA and here are the results.

The bike is extremely light and agile. You can drag your knee with just a flick of the wrist but, all this talk about it being faster than a busa.  NO WAY!!!! it's quick but the busa is faster and I'm a big fan of the Gixr.  I love the twisties and that bike rules the turns.........I'm thinking about one for the stable :moped:
no way a stock busa is quicker then a k5.no way.the busa will even lose in a rollon race against the new cbr1000.stock for stock.
k5 is the best,quickest supersportbike you can buy for money.um,ok its the best bang for the buck.

gsxr-girl

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 06:27:53 PM »
I Love Mine, I recommend it over any other liter bike, It is a pure Adrenaline Trip

Fo Sho HighonBusa.....  Nothing but Adrenaline Rush when riding my 05 1K.....  Can't help but to twist the throttle each time...

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 07:51:03 PM »
I got into it with a Hayabusa on the '05 from a stoplight. The front wheel went up, came down and then I got into it hard. The 'Busa was ahead about one bike length because of my unplanned wheelie but I reeled him in and passed him. I was shifting at 12,000 RPM and was truly impressed by the thing's power.

I have to believe that the 'Busa guy wasn't riding his gears all the way out to 11,000 RPM but even then I think it would have been ultra close. The '05 1K is truly a monster!

Fast
Holy Crap, I have to sell this ZX-12R!!

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 08:15:51 PM »
someone said the k5 dont pull nothing below 8krpm.not true.imo it pulls hard right from 3k.

Offline SLOWBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 07:41:10 PM »

With your mods, no stock bike is going to feel that fast. 16/42 gearing with 385's and BDE hindle. :hellno: :D
Hey your bike is a '00 Blu/Slv like mine, and everyone knows that is the fastest model. :wink:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 07:48:11 PM by SLOWBUSA »

Offline denny

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 08:23:33 AM »
So how much faster is the 05 compaired to the 03?

Offline bottle fed 05 1k

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 08:42:17 AM »
stock for stock the 05 is about 10lbs lighter and makes about 10-15 more rwhp than the 03. when i first got mine..i could pull on my buddies 03 pretty good. he was heavier than i ..so that makes a lil difference...ive been a 9.75 @146.77 mph on mine and i went a 10.018 @140 on his....with the same mods to each..

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 08:53:14 PM »
Ok... right now in my garage I have sitting an '03 SuperGSXR, an '05 GSXR 1000 (bone stock), a well modded/non boosted 2005 R1, a SupeR1, lightly modded RC51, stock Busa, and a stock 996. Yes, 7 bikes.

Anyways, here's my brief take - the busa is #5 in that group, in terms of power/performance. This is me riding all the bikes. Most powerful by far is the SupeR1, then the SuperGSXR (these two are gimmes, given that they're boosted), then the modded R1, and the stock GSXR. The modded R1 has a ported head, full Akra Evo system, velocity stacks, and a proper tune on a PC3USB. Next the stock Busa. It really just doesn't feel as savage as the new liter bikes. Sure, it's got a huge midrange, but you really have to consider the full rev range, and other than top speed, the liter bikes spank the Busa - not to mention that's easily adjusted for with different gearing. The "flickability" of the busa can't even begin to think about comparing to the liter bikes. And they've finally made the liter bikes relatively comfortable.

Pulling up the rear are the RC51 and the Ducati. And yet girls instantly love the Ducati more than all the other bikes. Just goes to show it's better to be sexy than powerful. I think the R1 wants to beat up the Duc.

Just my $0.02
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 09:19:54 AM »
Is the R1 the same setup as the 03 1k with the  same boost/nos? Do you have any dyno power curves  overlying the stockers vs the supercharged ones you can post here or on your site?.

Rick

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 10:59:01 AM »
One more request..a wav sound file.

Rick

Offline bruiserman

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 11:28:08 AM »
One more request..a wav sound file.

Rick

of all seven bikes at once!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2005, 01:53:59 AM »
Slight differences now. We used to run a smaller blower which fit better physically, but not as well mathematically. Now we run the bigger blower, but we've slowed it down. I'm up in Canada visiting family, but when I get back to the shop and to my computer, I'll post the pics and dyno charts. And maybe a .wav file - though I've already sold the RC51, and the Duc is for sale. Sounds cool, but it's so wimpy.
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)