Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Who has changed their...  (Read 6579 times)

Offline 1300R

• Post Whore
Who has changed their...
« on: September 14, 2005, 04:42:13 PM »
Clutch and brake levers? I want to do this, but don't know what to go with. Please share some photos and/or information.

Thanks in advance.

Offline frisbee

• Rider
Re: Who has changed their...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 02:04:34 AM »
I got some carbon look alikes off e-bay . They went on easy and worked fine . But I really like the feel of the ones with the finger grooves in them. 

Offline Ball Z Motorsports

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Post Master
    • www.BallZmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 04:06:47 PM »
I bought a set of chrome levers with finger grooves...look awesome...are very uncomfortable. If you have your hands on the grips then actually you would be grabbing up to far on the levers. I am looking at putting longer bars on so that they match up. As of now I ride with my hand over the bar ends!! But they do look bad ass.
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR
www.BallZmotorsports.com

Offline 1300R

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 07:53:13 PM »
Any photos?

Offline Ball Z Motorsports

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Post Master
    • www.BallZmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 01:30:09 AM »
No but here is a link to a set of them on Ebay. They look awesome and would be comfortable with longer bars. I am just concerned with my cables?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HAYABUSA-GSXR-1300-CHROME-brake-and-clutch-levers-new_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQitemZ4581697303QQrdZ1
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR
www.BallZmotorsports.com

Offline Ksana

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 08:32:59 PM »
Have same problem as Smokin Busa. ST Machine chrome levers-non adj., look awesome. Have to put hands too far forward. No longer use 2 fingers on the levers. There is a post of some bad-ass CRG levers. The post is under I think Pazzo Levers. Also look very trick. FYI anything chrome-non adj., I'm used to it. But its amazing what you get used to

Offline BusaWizard

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 01:22:49 PM »
Don't know how radical you want to get, but I like the 38 bullet levers you can find them on E-Bay.
If you're not living close to the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 01:37:14 PM »
are you talking strictly of the lever arm or the whole assembly???

JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline BusaWizard

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 11:05:49 PM »
From the pic on E-bay it looks like just the lever. But it maybe the whole assm., if it is its not adjustable.
If you're not living close to the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline RodeRash

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
I recently got a set of "Pazzo look alike" levers from eBay.  I got the standard length as opposed to the short version.
They installed with no problems and look and feel GREAT.

I did find, that with the clutch lever adjusted to Setting #1 (lever closest to the grips), the bike will not start, as the clutch dis-engagement switch is not tripped.

In a way, this is kind of cool.   You can use it as a "hidden" switch, but it would be better for people with small hands if it would trip the switch.
Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this switch?

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »
I recently got a set of "Pazzo look alike" levers from eBay.  I got the standard length as opposed to the short version.

I did find, that with the clutch lever adjusted to Setting #1 (lever closest to the grips), the bike will not start, as the clutch dis-engagement switch is not tripped.

In a way, this is kind of cool.   You can use it as a "hidden" switch, but it would be better for people with small hands if it would trip the switch.

Had the same ones on my bike but if i did it again i would go with the shortys
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline boofoo

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »

Got the same ones on my bike. Much more comfortable than the stocker's and "stock" replacements I had.