Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: You are about to be ass raped by the zx14 but you can save yourself  (Read 33486 times)

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
Re: You are about to be ass raped by the zx14 but you can save yourself
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2005, 05:07:32 PM »
Like I keep saying "If I wanted a FUCKING Kawasaki I would have bought a FUCKING Kawasaki"

LMFAO- I'm with you brother!!! End of story :D

Offline thunder

• Rider
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2005, 05:20:30 PM »
Like I keep saying "If I wanted a FUCKING Kawasaki I would have bought a FUCKING Kawasaki"

LMFAO- I'm with you brother!!! End of story :D
Thanks
If I wanted a FUCKING KAWASAKI I would have bought a FUCKING KAWASAKI

KAWASAKI FREE FOR 38 YEARS

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2005, 05:34:18 PM »
I have a couple of questions:

What is it like to have a turbo in regards to touring down the highway?   Is a turbo a bad thing for long distance touring?

If you install say, a ghetto kit on a busa, - can you choose a lower boost or a higher boost depending on your riding mood?  Or is it once a turbo is installed, the boost is installed... and you are stuck with it.

I am figuring that if the answers to my questions are basically:  Yeah, you go turbo, and forget the normality of riding how you used to...then I would see a zx14 or something that beats a stock busa as something worth having.  And I would consider that installing a turbo on my busa to beat the zx14, would change my busa into something I dont know if I particularly want.

Anytime a stock bike comes out and trumps another stock bike, it should be considered the better bike.  Just throwing a turbo on a, say... Plymouth Reliant K-car...doesn't make "K-Cars" faster than other fast sports cars...it just makes "that particular" K-car...faster.

I did this thing where I took quite a bit of time to write my feelings about the turbo was it here or Labusas? I can remember. I always thought there just wasnt enough written about what it feels like in the twisties but more importantly in your case what its like on the open road. maybe its still here I dont know I do think it was here is this place searchable now? I dont know.  Thought it SW a good read.

We all can pretty much agree the busa controls the open road stock. People who think of the busa a a peaky revvy squid bike are so wrong and realize it when they hear that intake roar and the incredible 60-100 acceleration. Its a Bully bike the ultimate hot rod. On thing that made me sad was after installing the HMf Full system Before the turbo was loosing that beautiful intake roar. Best sound ever. This thing is a rock and roll ass kicking winner every time.

Now turbo charge that.

Yove gone from 156 hp at around 9000 rpms to 300hp around 9000 rpms but and this is important you are making 250 or so before you hit 7500 rpms...thats serious power.

as for seat of the pants what its like? for me and mine is stock no spacer so its a stock busa only better since Motorhead spent 4? hours mapping it Ill be out on the highway at 65 swing out hammer it and the chassis lift up the suspension so the front wheel is just hovering then it starts to REALLY pull youve now BLOWN by the tractor truck at hair raising 100 plus miles an hour and the speedometer is falling FAST 120,135,145 and you cant look anymore

the front end is up yes you are doing a low acceleration wheelie in 5th gear at over rational speeds off the gas you set it back down and youve overshot the tractor truck by a mile and you are hard on the brakes so you dont smash into the car very quickly closing...you breath again and think OK Ill do that again that was FUN FUN FUN another opening a downshift or two roll on the gas so the tank doesn't hit you and you've closed the next mile with canvas ripping violence. Its that way across state after state. You OWN the highway there is nothing else out there even remotely even CLOSE to your powers its just a joke you race a souped up 5.0 mustang? You never even SEE him again hes just GONE.

It really should not be legal.
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2005, 05:36:23 PM »
IT ALWAYS HAS, AND ALWAYS WILL COME DOWN TO ONE THING.

RIDER.

(UNLESS YOU MEAN DRAG RACING, IN WHICH SKILL DOESNT MATTER  :lol:)
[everybody knows who ever has the most power will win. right?]

Oh page five!!! :D
Im sorry  I teased you about having more power nick. Say did you get more bragging power yet?

(yes you probably can beat me but I have more power)

Offline HayaVegas

• Rider
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2005, 06:01:33 PM »
I have a couple of questions:

What is it like to have a turbo in regards to touring down the highway?   Is a turbo a bad thing for long distance touring?

If you install say, a ghetto kit on a busa, - can you choose a lower boost or a higher boost depending on your riding mood?  Or is it once a turbo is installed, the boost is installed... and you are stuck with it.

I am figuring that if the answers to my questions are basically:  Yeah, you go turbo, and forget the normality of riding how you used to...then I would see a zx14 or something that beats a stock busa as something worth having.  And I would consider that installing a turbo on my busa to beat the zx14, would change my busa into something I dont know if I particularly want.

Anytime a stock bike comes out and trumps another stock bike, it should be considered the better bike.  Just throwing a turbo on a, say... Plymouth Reliant K-car...doesn't make "K-Cars" faster than other fast sports cars...it just makes "that particular" K-car...faster.

I did this thing where I took quite a bit of time to write my feelings about the turbo was it here or Labusas? I can remember. I always thought there just wasnt enough written about what it feels like in the twisties but more importantly in your case what its like on the open road. maybe its still here I dont know I do think it was here is this place searchable now? I dont know.  Thought it SW a good read.

We all can pretty much agree the busa controls the open road stock. People who think of the busa a a peaky revvy squid bike are so wrong and realize it when they hear that intake roar and the incredible 60-100 acceleration. Its a Bully bike the ultimate hot rod. On thing that made me sad was after installing the HMf Full system Before the turbo was loosing that beautiful intake roar. Best sound ever. This thing is a rock and roll ass kicking winner every time.

Now turbo charge that.

Yove gone from 156 hp at around 9000 rpms to 300hp around 9000 rpms but and this is important you are making 250 or so before you hit 7500 rpms...thats serious power.

as for seat of the pants what its like? for me and mine is stock no spacer so its a stock busa only better since Motorhead spent 4? hours mapping it Ill be out on the highway at 65 swing out hammer it and the chassis lift up the suspension so the front wheel is just hovering then it starts to REALLY pull youve now BLOWN by the tractor truck at hair raising 100 plus miles an hour and the speedometer is falling FAST 120,135,145 and you cant look anymore

the front end is up yes you are doing a low acceleration wheelie in 5th gear at over rational speeds off the gas you set it back down and youve overshot the tractor truck by a mile and you are hard on the brakes so you dont smash into the car very quickly closing...you breath again and think OK Ill do that again that was FUN FUN FUN another opening a downshift or two roll on the gas so the tank doesn't hit you and you've closed the next mile with canvas ripping violence. Its that way across state after state. You OWN the highway there is nothing else out there even remotely even CLOSE to your powers its just a joke you race a souped up 5.0 mustang? You never even SEE him again hes just GONE.

It really should not be legal.

Mileageking, or others:   I am understanding the awesome side of the turbo experience, - but I am still not clear about the "other" side of it.  I only have the one busa now, - so I dont want to lose the ability to still get decent mileage on a long touring road trip, - and I still want to be able to ride tamely around the neighborhood etc...

I was wondering if I installed a turbo, -would I have transformed the bike into a monster and lose all other rideability options that a stock busa comes with...such as a nice 6th gear sport touring highway ride...- or does the turbo change all that permanently.

Just trying to figure out if Turbo is for me, since I dont want just an unstreetable wheelie monster, - I still like to ride my kids and wife at times.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2005, 06:08:52 PM »

And that R6 looks fun but it is still just a 600 no matter how you slice it....now if they would make their R1 turn some 15,500K and some balls down low then they might get my attention. 

hooooaaaooold on there bobalouie...

if what the experts predict are true about the fact the new R-6 now red lines at an astonishing 17.5k RPMS, they figure it will peak at 140 RWHP at 15.5k, if so I have a feeling that what I predicted 2 years ago is now becoming reality....

in 1999 the hayabusa was the undisputed heavyweight champ bar none, in 2000 the same reigned true, 2001, 2002, still nothing could touch it, in 2003, 2004 literbikes took a leap and the gsxr 1k came real close to beating the busa to the 186 cap, in fact a good rider on the literbike could beat a fair ride on a busa, in 2005 it became reality the gsxr 1k took the busa to the 186 cap...

in just 3 years the leaps and bounds literbikes acheived in performance was incredible, in 03 I realized it was only a matter of time before 600s would be catching up with the literbikes considering the amount of time it took for for the literbike to ovecome the 300 cc defecit to the king, it was only a matter of time before the 400cc defecit would be trampled under foot...

today the literbike can take the busa to the 186 cap, if the K6 R-6 can keep up with the literbikes that means the 600 now rivals the busa, that dont make sense at all but if the 17.5 redline yamaha claims of the r6 is true then the 140 RWHP is close, and if that is true given the reduced weight and frontal mass of the new r6 this little monster will be a true pimp, and most likely pimp a few rides.....

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2005, 06:11:14 PM »
A Turbo bike, is just like any other bike. It will only go as fast as you want it to.

You can build the bike to make insane amounts of power on race fuel, but you can also turn the boost down, and run on pump gas. 

Dennis, can build whatever you want.  :D

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2005, 06:24:32 PM »
Its a normal if not better busa down low till the power hits around 5000rpms then all the little 600's and zx12rs all go By by! in the little mirrors seriously you own their ass's and they shut the fuck up when you speak.

Its good being a king

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2005, 06:30:58 PM »
(nickslick, you're animated chick is hot)

Offline BUBBLEHEAD

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2005, 05:27:41 PM »
Who cares!!!!!  I love the performance of my 05 Busa. It is a great bike that kicks ass. If you need more power and want to ride a Kawafukinsaki go buy one!! As long as your on two wheels worry about something else!!!!!!

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2005, 05:46:06 PM »
The amout of shit  that the ZX12R guys have been forced to eat you will have to eat twice as much. No matter where you go people will step out of their way just to come over and laugh at you.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2005, 06:17:57 PM »
First it will have to prove itsself!!...And stay together..

Laugh at Me :shock: I doubt it..I will smoke them all!!

Ok..most!!! :lol: :lol:

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2005, 06:23:03 PM »
You know, if the B-King is going to be 1500 cc's, then what do you think the new Busa is going to be?

Um, i'll bet maybe, 1500 cc's.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline busa4show

• Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2005, 06:45:17 PM »
I`m going turbo
RIP CHRIS "CHUCKY" CARR-SOUTH SIDE RYDAZ SHREVEPORT-BOSSIER CITY LOUISIANA CHAPTER

http://www.thesouthsiderydaz.com/
http://www.myspace.com/busa4show

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2005, 06:53:51 PM »
First it will have to prove itsself!!...And stay together..

Laugh at Me :shock: I doubt it..I will smoke them all!!

Ok..most!!! :lol: :lol:

its all rider when it gets this close unless you have 300hp.

but this is about poser value parked next to each other who is going to get the slutty bubble head the zx14 or the lowly has been fastest busa

Offline Ramin

• Rider
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2005, 07:32:22 PM »
i think its awsome that the zx14r is out,this way suzuki has to step up the busa.besides  busa came out at 99.go ahead compare your new kawasaki to a 9 year old technology.
its ok wait till the next gen hayabusa come out.then we,ll see what happens.

Offline jimb

• Rider
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2005, 06:37:55 AM »
oh BTW mileage, they have already started a recall list for the 14, seems kawasuki missed all of 2000...   :drink:

What ever became of the Busa cracked frames issue?

Offline busarider1

• Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2005, 09:00:03 PM »
Mileageking, you have converted me.  I will be annointing my busa at the sacred altar that is Motorheads garage this spring!  God bless those who boost!!!
"...I am a motorcycle-Samurai, and I have beat my Demons." -YK

Offline Ksana

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2005, 09:07:06 PM »
Sorry fellas, going w/ 1397 kit & a little spray. Bring that ZX14, I've never seen one in my mirrors. NOT YET.
In his mirrors? Jars of molasses, & their gaining on him.

Offline TurboTim

• Post Master
  • Ethanol Express
    • My old LS1 powered Astro van
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2005, 10:09:43 PM »
oh BTW mileage, they have already started a recall list for the 14, seems kawasuki missed all of 2000...   :drink:

Never heard that. Wasnt that kawis that had that.
03 LE Hayabusa Turbo, DTA S80 controlling fuel and spark tuned by me, built by me, running E85...105 octane at the pump. Ducati Monster Turbo 900

Offline train460

• Rider
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2005, 12:04:14 AM »
Didn't they say the Rocket 3 was gonna beat the busa?
later
Michael
When a man opens the door for you, he is not being polite, it's so he can check out your ass.

Michael Hansen
88 v- max & 06 Fz1
88 v-max
81 Gs850L  (for sale)

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2005, 03:39:14 AM »

WHAT CRACHED FRAME ISSUES
LOL IVE BEEN AROUND MORE BUSATHAN ANYONE
NEVER EVER SAW ONE JUST CRACK
YER THINKIN OF THE ZX10 :?

Offline busarider1

• Post Whore
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2005, 06:33:03 AM »

There were some issues with the rear subframes when they were aluminum.  I think all subframes are steel now.
"...I am a motorcycle-Samurai, and I have beat my Demons." -YK

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2005, 09:56:35 AM »

There were some issues with the rear subframes when they were aluminum.  I think all subframes are steel now.

there were issues with the aluminum subframe when people were adding hard cases and riding two up 160+ over on the autobahn, very isolated, not really a flaw in the subframe just people adding more weight than it was designed for...

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2006, 06:21:42 PM »
Well see now? See? what did I tell you now you have to go all silent and shit when then start in on you. Nothing you can say nothing you can do.

You could have bought that Turbo from Dennis 15 times over now.

Shit Ive seen at least five go by at around $5,000 but you thought Kawasaki was going to screw it up again

well they didn't

game over and now you have to bend over and take it like a girlyman.

Me? Oh I'm fine I have my intercooled turbo Busa you? you are screwed.

Its funny though you know that feeling you have in the pit of your stomach that awful 2nd place no longer king of the castle once was feeling? Well I dont have it the zx14 is abstract information to me nothing more than little kiddies playing with their little toys.

Oh and dont go telling anyone youve got he fastest blah blah anything because you dont only I do.  :D