Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Dry NOS set up?  (Read 3034 times)

#CAS#

Dry NOS set up?
« on: October 13, 2005, 07:05:21 PM »
I have been keen to try a dry shot in mine.

I have installed 650cc injectors in my Busa, as well as a top notch EMS.(in prep for the turbo)

My question is, could I spray more than 60hp dry with this size injectors?

Is it just a mater of more fuel required that a dry shot is limited to 60hp?
If so should these injectors be able to acomodate?
What nozzles should I use?
Is it easier to buy the bits seperate, or in a kit?
I have a mate who has the bottle, soleniods and lines from his old wet kit, is this any good to me?

Dave

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Dry NOS set up?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:02:33 AM »
I built My own kit cheap..as long as your buddies Nitrous solenoid is good and not too old..it should be fine..I like NX brand solenoids Myself..But NOS brand has been around along time..

The bottle and the solenoids are the most $$ to buy..

Offline SLOWBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 01:50:40 AM »
With aftermarket pump and bigger injectors, how big a shot could you run with pump gas(93oct)? Using an MPS box or some other form of enrichment and maybe some colder heat range plugs. :?

#CAS#

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 05:49:57 PM »
I have to run the 650cc injectors in the negative under 3000 rpm now, it is a little rougher idleing and it back fires sometimes on low rev down shifts apart from that it is OK.

I have also machined out the fuel rail to 6.3mm(just over a 1/4") so fueling shouldn't be a problem, Bosch pump is going in soon too.

I also have a good EMS it is a TSI unit so the tuning is not a problem.

I am going to install a turbo in about 5 months, I just wanted to give the gas a go, maybe run some mid to high 8's before the turbo goes on, if it is going to be cheap enough I will put it on and then on sell the dry kit to someone else.

Dave