Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: The Lowdown on 44 FBG Lectrons  (Read 7420 times)

Offline maxsgp

• Rider
The Lowdown on 44 FBG Lectrons
« on: July 19, 2005, 08:10:46 PM »
I crew for a Pro-Star top gas bike. It is a busa 3mm over motor. The bottom line is the 44's being pushed by Gast as 17 hp gain is bullshit. We ran like crap with the 44's and finally took them off and put on the old 40's from his old bike. Guess what..It runs the number now with no problem. The 44s are too big...Don't waste your money guys. You don't need them.
Vel Stage 2 8.99 161  6lb 57yrs

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 09:20:40 PM »
did ya tune them in right????  did you check A/F on each set and what was the result?? are they all balanced in correct??  if the 44's werent tuned right i'm not surprised they didnt perform well. i run 40's on a little 1216 and its fine, i have to imagine a +3mm busa motor needs more carb than my little motor does....

FWIW Paul Gast doesnt try to sell parts that dont really work, when my trons didnt perform well out of the box (slight bog off the hit) he had me take it to his shop and he tuned them in personally and ended up putting in some custom needles to work with my  low stall speed clutch setup.  give Paul a call i'm sure he can get those 44's to perform for you.

Offline wilhiteracing

• Rider
    • http://www.arkansasextremes.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 10:41:08 PM »
A guy I race with runs 44s on a 1371 motor, and it runs HARD.

Not sure what size lectrons Craig runs on his busa, but there are some up close photos of it on his site i think
Bring It.

Offline Handicappedracer

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:12:13 AM »
I guess Rob should take them off the World's quickest Busa 6.83 @205 MPH so Team FIsh can go even faster?    I don't think so.  

They do require some tweaking to get them to sing?

You might want to talk to Rob at FISH's Customs or one of the techs at FBG.

It's just my opinion.  I could be wrong :)
Motorsports Management Consultants

Offline maxsgp

• Rider
44 Lectrons
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 05:26:08 AM »
Could be that a 1397 with stock head, valves and cams can't use the flow provided. Believe me when I say they had plenty on tweaking and tuning. Maybe they are just to big for a basically stock motor. But the 40's do work better on this application , way better
Vel Stage 2 8.99 161  6lb 57yrs

THEMOTORHEAD

Re: The Lowdown on 44 FBG Lectrons
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 11:00:31 PM »
i know nlr swedens don lots of em w 44s and made alot of hp and gone fast
ya need a good head to go with em and rpm
they are not too big
we run 46 monstertrons on our old kaw :?

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 11:01:04 PM »
I guess Rob should take them off the World's quickest Busa 6.83 @205 MPH so Team FIsh can go even faster?    I don't think so.  

They do require some tweaking to get them to sing?

You might want to talk to Rob at FISH's Customs or one of the techs at FBG.

It's just my opinion.  I could be wrong :)
busa powered not a busa

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 03:48:29 PM »
i have heard same thing about carbs. I also heard Gast just puts sticker on other batteries and charges arm and leg for them when you can get them at 1/2 price from real manufacturer of them. some motors might like smaller carbs. doesnt mean if you buy them they are correct for your application. 
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline boosted2000

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 11:13:03 PM »
did ya tune them in right????  did you check A/F on each set and what was the result?? are they all balanced in correct??  if the 44's werent tuned right i'm not surprised they didnt perform well. i run 40's on a little 1216 and its fine, i have to imagine a +3mm busa motor needs more carb than my little motor does....

FWIW Paul Gast doesnt try to sell parts that dont really work, when my trons didnt perform well out of the box (slight bog off the hit) he had me take it to his shop and he tuned them in personally and ended up putting in some custom needles to work with my  low stall speed clutch setup.  give Paul a call i'm sure he can get those 44's to perform for you.

+1       I have had 2 sets of Trons, Paul has offered to tune them at his shop, no charge.  I did not need to take him up on it, because they ran out of the box.
I ran into a guy at the track running the 44's stock head, 2 intake cams, sidewinder, bars, small tire dragbike chassis... 8.70's.   :smokin:
Kawi powered dragbike - 9.29@143 *sold-it*
Busa powered dragbike - 8.42@163 so far

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 12:28:05 AM »
Another thing to consider about using carbs... Compression and RPM   When you put drag Racing type compression in these motors, you need to use an ourboard starter. That means the charging rotor has to go. Without that, you can't fire the ignition, so you go with a Dyna and carbs. This also allows you to use drag racing type RPM.

Anyone know how th run the Dyna and no rotor and still keep the fuel injection?

Jay

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 12:44:59 AM »
Another thing to consider about using carbs... Compression and RPM   When you put drag Racing type compression in these motors, you need to use an ourboard starter. That means the charging rotor has to go. Without that, you can't fire the ignition, so you go with a Dyna and carbs. This also allows you to use drag racing type RPM.

Anyone know how th run the Dyna and no rotor and still keep the fuel injection?

Jay
SCHNITZ IS DOIN IT ASK DAVE