Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Oil change Hot or Cold  (Read 43367 times)

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Oil change Hot or Cold
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 08:16:47 AM »
wow, this is an old thread !!!

(i change my oil and filter right after a ridding when the motor is still hot like big danno said   Y E A R S    ago).

:P

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
I do it hott after letting it run on the stands for about 5 minutes... If you are running thicker oil, this will help get the oil warm and somewhat thinner consitancy. Then drain this will allow the oil to flow out better then cold oil which would be thicker. Thus taking more time to drain and tend to be more sticky and stick to parts instead of coming out... I replace the filter with a OEM suzuki filter with the oil change. I also change my oil every 12-1,500 miles. Just to make sure. The manual says not to replace the filter till 10k LOL yea right why would you wanna put new oil into a dirty filter. IDK either...

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
damn this thread went to shit  :lol:
Thats what normaly happens when 30-40-50 year old guys argue about something they should know while still grade school
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline jbm71580

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • 2003 silver/grey hayabusa
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »
drain the oil hot because any particles in the oil will be suspended in the oil and will flow out instead of staying in the engine. also i have heared that as long as 80% of the oil is drained (because some will remain in the oil cooler in the clutch plates and even a small amount in the pan an head) from the engine that is sufficient, assuming you don't have serious contamination such as antifreeze, which is beyond the scope of a normal oil change anyway.

Offline jjmetheny

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
drain the oil hot because any particles in the oil will be suspended in the oil and will flow out instead of staying in the engine. also i have heared that as long as 80% of the oil is drained (because some will remain in the oil cooler in the clutch plates and even a small amount in the pan an head) from the engine that is sufficient, assuming you don't have serious contamination such as antifreeze, which is beyond the scope of a normal oil change anyway.

Like you know what you're talking about anyway :duh:
2000 blue/silver MCX intercooled full exhaust...sleeper

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 07:17:45 PM »
our bikes have oil???
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
I use olive oil. 8)
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »
I use olive oil. 8)
Cookie, Olive oil is used in ducati's and several other Italian bikes, and before I get any stuff I am part Italian so I know about these things :hys:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 10:03:33 PM »
I use olive oil. 8)
Cookie, Olive oil is used in ducati's and several other Italian bikes, and before I get any stuff I am part Italian so I know about these things :hys:

Hey, Dave! Must be my influence from SloppyJoe. We are drinking a really fine wine, Delille Vineyards of Woodenville, WA right now after a decent dish of Ghocchi he prepared with extra virgin olive oil. Love my Italians!! Thinking maybe later in the year of that new 1198 Duc,, whattaya think?  8)
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Grumpy 69

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
 I do it hot and I must be really anal :stupid: as I remove and drain the oil cooler. lol
not enough bullets to get em all.......but I can try......

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2009, 08:17:42 PM »
I do it hot and I must be really anal :stupid: as I remove and drain the oil cooler. lol
Well not so hot as you burn yourself working on it, but the oil cooler is really pushing it, something you may want to do as long as you got the time, instead of the oil cooler is drain oil and remove filter, drain filter put it back on put 2 or 3 qts of cheap oil in fire up the motor let it run for 5 or 10 mins, then change oil & filter and use your good oil, its extra screwing around but your oil will stay cleaner a lot longer